Kubrows and Kavats (Beast) & Companions in Steel Path Balance Issue:

XJR15

they need a weapon slot like the MOA companions. currently they do pretty much no damage in steel path, damage in steel path needs to be buffed all-around for all companions.

please community give feedback for buffing companion damage in steel path. so the developers can fix the issue like the arsenal divide for sisters of parvos, which is good.

currently companion damage, namely beast damage, doesnt do squat in steel path.

best thing i noticed for steel path, namely survival in it. would be using a MOA companion with 100% status chance with radiation + viral status damage on an AOE gun. so all the enemies start shooting each other, very handy in steel path. the weapon i use to achieve this is the helstrum from venus. u can get it when u have enough standing i think u need max rank with the corpus from venus and buy it from 1 of their vendors there. forgot the names sorry but i got it and its really good then equip prime firestorm on it with status + elemental mods the gold ones, also, speed mods like vile acceleration so the AOE can get around. and the status should be at 100% with 4 of them. with that there is a lot of chaos in steel path and i was even able to use a primary weapon, the argonak. and solo in there for 1hour50 minutes before i had to bail cause i had 0 lives left.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, XJR15 said:

currently they do pretty much no damage in steel path

... Are you sure?

... I'm just asking because my Kubrow pretty much 4-hit a Grineer and 1-shots everything else... And my Vasca, apparently, is heading towards the same performance path... And yes, in Steel Path.

... Maybe you should review your beast companion build...? ... or, I don't know... stop expecting it to be another Warframe because it never was since they first released Kubrows?

No, really, its a huge disparity in performance. Just review your beast companion build and stop using it as a utility companion. If you want pure utility companion, use a Sentinel.

• Like 1

I dont need my Kavats to kill, I need them to buff me, rebuff enemies and have utility.

Turns out Steel Path Nox are squishy af when my Kavat instantly deletes its armour with swipe  and give me a crit buff with Charm.  🤭🤭

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

I'm just asking because my Kubrow pretty much 4-hit a Grineer and 1-shots everything else... And my Vasca, apparently, is heading towards the same performance path... And yes, in Steel Path.

What type of kubrow are you using for SP missions?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, XJR15 said:

they need a weapon slot like the MOA companions. currently they do pretty much no damage in steel path, damage in steel path needs to be buffed all-around for all companions.

I hate, loathe and despise that DE have opened the doors to this kind of thinking by deciding to buff guns for the explicit purpose of making them work in TSP. Now everything will be expected to be balanced around it, turning it into the de facto normal mode.

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 6

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

... Are you sure?

... I'm just asking because my Kubrow pretty much 4-hit a Grineer and 1-shots everything else... And my Vasca, apparently, is heading towards the same performance path... And yes, in Steel Path.

... Maybe you should review your beast companion build...? ... or, I don't know... stop expecting it to be another Warframe because it never was since they first released Kubrows?

No, really, its a huge disparity in performance. Just review your beast companion build and stop using it as a utility companion. If you want pure utility companion, use a Sentinel.

Screenshot your build please. I swear to god my beast companions dont do crap in steel path - i can get them to 3 - 4k health easily in steel path but the damage isnt there against corpus because of their shield. in other words, the beast companions dont do anything to their shield.

Edited by XJR15
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

people with pro beasts (kavat, kubrow) that say they 1-swipe in steel path post your build please! <3

Edited by XJR15
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, XJR15 said:

people with pro beasts (kavat, kubrow) that say they 1-swipe in steel path post your build please! <3

Its not that simple. You should realise that Companion isn´t a single unit but a part of Your battle system. Whats Your Frame, Melee, Healing method, Arcanes etc. ?

12 hours ago, (NSW)Zergmaster999 said:

What type of kubrow are you using for SP missions?

Sunika.

11 hours ago, XJR15 said:

I swear to god my beast companions dont do crap in steel path - i can get them to 3 - 4k health easily in steel path but the damage isnt there against corpus because of their shield.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Venom_Teeth

You're welcome... And about my build? I pretty much said it on my first post in this thread.

Stop using companions as utilities and stat sticks. If you want to make that use of them, you're better off with Sentinels. And only use the beast precepts that are actually useful against enemies...

Seriously, guys, just try stuff out with the "utility" factor completely eliminated. You'll get what you guys want.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, (NSW)Zergmaster999 said:

Deimos doggos

The only practical advantage I see from those over the regular kubrow is simply that, apparently, it doesn't die... Can't really confirm it as I still haven't used one of those.

The theory that existed back when Warframe abilities were mods (yes, that time existed) in which players should only equip the abilities they are definitely going to use works exactly the same with companions. That's why the only beast racial precept my Sunika uses is Savagery... I think that there's an equivalent precept for those that have a Sahasa instead of a Sunika, and its equally useful.

Sure, they can and should be severely improved than what they are now. Hell, I wouldn't mind being able to command them as any player can do with Venari and that alone would be a critical improvement. But "insufficient" builds, even though they appear to be good, will be mostly useless in Steel Path... But even a good build doesn't make miracles, so my Sunika gets into bleedout if it has to and/or dies if there's absolutely no way to avoid it. Companions work exactly like Onder6099 said

11 hours ago, (PSN)Onder6099 said:

a Companion isn´t a single unit but a part of Your battle system.

As they aren't meant to clean up rooms within a few seconds... They can help, and they can kill fast in Steel Path when properly built, but its them who actually need help the most.

I banged my head a few times with no success by building with today's "game state" standards. I only succeeded in having a decent build by making a companion build based on U7 "game state" standards.

Can this be seen as a gap between both build settings, in which Warframes were updated and simplified by having their abilities being naturally integrated instead of being mods and Companions were left in the dust? Certainly, and I agree that companions (Sentinel or otherwise) should receive the exact same "ability integration" treatment as Warframes did. But until then, well, just stick to use whatever is absolutely useful for the companion, and not turning it into a utility thing or a stat stick.

• Like 1

I play since 2018 and there never was balance. Endless was all about smeeta for the loot (with pack leader and link health / armor), or Djinn for the respawn.

Now you have a "better djinn" with panzer vulpaphyla : respawn, can revive you (i.e. same as djinn), but also is a viral status spammer.

Recently DE is starting releasing bandaids for other pets protea dispensary augment, and the new parazon mod to come, but panzer will still be better (it still proc viral status even dead, and the respawn doesn't specific conditions / actions)

I dusted off my swarm loadout for the helminth charger , the one which uses all the strain mods.

It cannot survive long in SP by itself , but honestly I do not expect it to.

I expect it to create MAGGOTS BREATHING MY AIR and tripping my enemies (also healing me and giving a nice CD bonus on melee ) 

Let's not expect companions to be as effective as full fledged frames or weapons with high damage output.

Each is unique , and while it's not always useful I don't think they really need to be able to kill SP enemies or any enemies for that matter.

I would however like some actual control/intelligence so they don't keep sniffing acid puddles or jump on mines or rush into toxic clouds.

I maybe I will use my other companions once they release the revival mod on parazons.

• Like 2

On 2021-06-30 at 1:41 PM, Uhkretor said:

As they aren't meant to clean up rooms within a few seconds... They can help, and they can kill fast in Steel Path when properly built, but its them who actually need help the most.

Except Mecha set, which is a Nuclear bomb, but it needs proper setup and doesn’t fit to every mission because not everywhere must be everything Nuked, somewhere is even counterproductive like in Interceptions, so Defense and ESO are my go to for Mecha. About help, I think highly depends how much effort and attention in mission You’re willing to pay, 1 band aid, as lots of “Beasts experts” call really helpful tools, should be enough. Sometimes roles changed

Got stuck, Chesa not even withstand more then 2 waves she heals me until enemies were there. If I had Arcane Pulse we will probably make it till wave 5.

• Like 1

I'd rather them not act stupid and go down every 10 seconds.  This is why Saryn cat will remain the best.  Also I got a good laugh at all the pro tips then when the guy asks for a build everyone backs away.  Seems like there's not much confidence in these tips lol.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

... Or, perhaps, people should just review their companion builds and learn properly from doing it instead of having builds served to them...

... I don't know, it seems pretty obvious to me that having builds served to them is the reason why modding anything for many players, apparently, requires genius level IQ.

Edited by Uhkretor
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 2021-06-29 at 9:32 PM, Uhkretor said:

Sunika.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Venom_Teeth

You're welcome... And about my build? I pretty much said (Need Screenshots, SORRY! <3) it on my first post in this thread.

Stop using companions as utilities and stat sticks. If you want to make that use of them, you're better off with Sentinels. And only use the beast precepts that are actually useful against enemies...

Seriously, guys, just try stuff out with the "utility" factor completely eliminated. You'll get what you guys want.

Screenshot your build please. so this can be way easier, PLZ <3. i have tried venom teeth but i cant get status that high i looked around for more cards. not that im inexperienced, im pretty pro at steel path survival done 2 hours using vazarin solo as Saryn Prime and no it wasnt the typical miasma spam everyone likes to bring up about her. i formad her atleast 20 times to be able to do that. my MOA is pro its just i wanted to upgrade my beasts so please screenshot your Kubrow and Kavat build please so this is easier to try out. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP! <3

Edited by XJR15
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

56 minutes ago, XJR15 said:

please screenshot your Kubrow and Kavat please so this is easier to try out.

Ok, I'll screenshot my Kubrow and Kavat...

Spoiler

Kavat

Spoiler

tfdQCL8.jpg

Kubrow

Spoiler

fnwPq0J.jpg

Now, either my Kavat or Kubrow builds? I can guarantee you that I'm not going to screenshot it.

You're not building for Status Chance, because its impossible on a companion to do that, unless you use a MOA. You're going to use Venom Teeth for shield bypass.

Your next goal is having your Kubrow with 100%+ Critical Chance, and a Critical damage of 9.6x, and you use those dual stat beast mods in order to counter directly their Armor, if applicable, Health or Shield Bypass... Just do the math with the current damage your Kubrow does, and you'll begin to understand why.

"But there is slash" and you can throw that theory out the window because you won't be able to do that reliably with your beast companion.

The exact same thing for your Kavat. It will have more critical chance than your Kubrow but it will not be as strong. Same damage mods, and you can do the math with 6.4x critical damage...

... Damage values example... Well, you can use 3500 damage as an example, as that's pretty much the marked values of my Sunika.

Oh, and another thing...

56 minutes ago, XJR15 said:

not that im inexperienced, im pretty pro at steel path survival done 2 hours using vazarin solo as Saryn Prime and no it wasnt the typical miasma spam everyone likes to bring up about her. i formad her atleast 20 times to be able to do that

When you manage to the the same thing with a regular Excalibur, like I do, Solo, without sentinels/companions, and without abilities (including Exalted Blade) and Operator, then you can consider yourself pretty pro at Steel Path survival.

Also, applying forma at least 20 times doesn't add any kind of power, or social status. After applying 10 Forma, once per slot, all following Forma are used to correct polarity mistakes - including the use of Umbra Forma.

Edited by Uhkretor
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Kushala_Doara said:

if your companion does that you have a serious problem on your hands

Heh, knowing this game and its code I'd be unsurprised if they really did that at times 🤣🤣🤣

24 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

Ok, I'll screenshot my Kubrow and Kavat...

Hide contents

Kavat

Hide contents

ZCpJRq3.jpg

Kubrow

Hide contents

q69uKgx.jpg

Now, either my Kavat or Kubrow builds? I can guarantee you that I'm not going to screenshot it.

You're not building for Status Chance, because its impossible on a companion to do that, unless you use a MOA. You're going to use Venom Teeth for shield bypass.

Your next goal is having your Kubrow with 100%+ Critical Chance, and a Critical damage of 9.6x, and you use those dual stat beast mods in order to counter directly their Armor, if applicable, Health or Shield Bypass... Just do the math with the current damage your Kubrow does, and you'll begin to understand why.

"But there is slash" and you can throw that theory out the window because you won't be able to do that reliably with your beast companion.

The exact same thing for your Kavat. It will have more critical chance than your Kubrow but it will not be as strong. Same damage mods, and you can do the math with 6.4x critical damage...

... Damage values example... Well, you can use 3500 damage as an example, as that's pretty much the marked values of my Sunika.

OK then stop trolling this thread this is a serious issue, now back on topic. BEAST (KUBROW AND KAVAT) Damage is non-existant in Steel Path against Corpus they dont do any damage to their shield grineer takes damage but Corpus? NO even with toxin. u would need a ridiculous amount like Saryn Prime amount for a beast (Kubrow / Kavat) to do damage to corpus in steel path BECAUSE THEIR SHIELD COMPLETELY NEGATES BEAST (KUBROW / KAVAT) DAMAGE. people that say otherwise SCREENSHOT YOUR BUILD OR YOU DONT HAVE CREDIBILITY!!! THANK YOU! <3

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, XJR15 said:

SCREENSHOT YOUR BUILD OR YOU DONT HAVE CREDIBILITY!!!

Even though I gave you the guidelines?

Ok. Keep having problems... Can't help those that refuse it.

Anyone that decides to read the guidelines I've left for you in the same post you've quoted just now will have their problems solved in no time, leaving you... alone... having problems...

I'll just leave to their discretion to post their builds afterwards.

Edited by Uhkretor
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Also, if people cant post a pro-build up of their kubrow / kavat killing in steel path against corpus specifically and grineer second heres a 2 hour video of me doing that as Saryn Prime (HOT)!!! for 2 hours, Steel Path Survival!

Edited by XJR15
  • Like 2