Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sprint + Aiming for Primary & Secondary Weapons!

XJR15

How about it? what does the community think? also, positive ideas and constructive feedback for improving it if u have any.

I noticed this would be good when i  soloed survival steel path grineer selkie node sedna for 60 minutes. with the argonak. would be fun as hell. please no one shoot this down its for fun. 

1. this would make a lot of sense given this game is ninja-centric and has a lot of movement /  parkour skill sets.

2. this would add to that and make gun play more fun instead of just standing around aiming all the time like battlefield. it should be more like futuristic ninja / recon / assassin like Global Agenda from 2010 or Half-Life Deathmatch from 1998 where u can run and shoot.

in this case look up the recon classes from futuristic games that have this - warframe has it they just need to add it to guns while aiming, they have it for everything else in this game. they just need it with Guns + Aim = Profit.

with sisters of parvos on the horizon with the arsenal divide it shows me the devs care and dont let a game rot. this would benefit the health of the game as a whole as the current gun play is old and slow like as if u just start the game your parkour with it doesnt increase as its battlefield - centric not futuristic-ninja centric.

as when u aim u walk this is different when u jump and parkour as u can aim-glide. something like this is needed for aiming while running instead of it just being an Aim-Walk there needs to be an Aim-Run like Aim-Glide. experienced players of FPS and Veterans of this game have mastered their parkour adding more parkour to gun play like this would be perfect for them.

3. would make guns more effective like melee, as u can see melee has movement bonuses like this because it goes hand & hand. give it to ranged weapons as well. run and shoot is good. so Sprint + Aim = Good.

4. this is good for the Recon / Futuristic Assassin / Snipers out there.

5. Perfect for Elite Snipers like Nova or people who like Sniper Rifles / Auto Snipers. plenty of them in this game they just need the Ghost moveset

le4C-HklhhWot2zFeOFBWU9MfBopYwSbHxPwzaTx

Nova from StarCraft II - a Ghost Operative - Basically a Futuristic Ninja / Recon Soldier / Military Stealth Unit.

This moveset would be perfect for players who like moving fast and shooting on the move like Half-Life Deathmatch & Global Agenda 2010 Game. Global Agenda had a Recon class with a move speed buff called Bionics, was bad azz as hell with sniping, basically it was like all the parkour u can do in warframe only u can aim and do it and not slow down. it was epic.

Thoughts?

3 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I am not actually able to understand what you are proposing.

you know how u can do all these fancy moves with parkour like aim-glide then headshot some guy exactly how that ghost operative from starcraft picture dictates? yes thats perfect for this game. they just need to add in Aim-Run like Aim-Glide. Currently when u aim u can only walk. what im saying u need to be able to run and aim at the same time.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

He just wants to be able to move faster while aiming down the sights.

Yes, to be precise, i want to be able to sprint and aim at the same time instead of moving at a Modern Battlefield game from Electronic Arts pace (No Offense).

12 minutes ago, XJR15 said:

Yes, to be precise, i want to be able to sprint and aim at the same time instead of moving at a Modern Battlefield game from Electronic Arts pace (No Offense).

you can literally do all the other movement actions while aiming, if you want to move faster while aiming on the ground just slide

Just for combat alone, I think there are so many problems now I can't even remember to list them all during debates.

Though if we are going to talk about game speed and try to focus on that, the reality of the game right now is "un-interrupted AOE spam by radar".

Or, when you know the enemy spawn locations well enough, you just carpet bomb the general area, before they even spawn.

So if you think in terms of chess moves, or steps in chronological time, singleshot guns, forces you to stop, identify target, aim and then fire.

On AOE you skip all those steps, while you have the further advantage of hitting multple targets.

Further than that, if you look at the tier list, it's all AOE weapons just based on raw numbers - I guess someone added rubico prime for eidolons, just to be polite.

Where it's really up to the developers, to set up gameplay or mechanics, that support a reason to use a pistol, a rifle or a shotgun or whatever.

Trying to give guns better stats is a budget solution that does not deal with the actual problem of missing gameplay conceptually.

Look at l4d. Some npcs are long range, others are melee range, so it makes sense to have 2 weapon classes. The weapon must connect with the gameplay, they set up a problem and they hand you a tool, that connects uniquely with the problem.

If not, like I say everytime, then a pistol is simply a rifle with no ammo. A rifle is a primary with no AOE and so on.

This applies to modding, damage types and the entire conceptual layer of the gameplay in the whole game.

Developers must give you gameplay reasons, for using a pistol with cold damage, that is status and no crit.

Many really odd choices for mods and set bonus, deimos arcanes where you really wonder what they were thinking. What game are they playing? lol

Blocking or maybe the old efficency, many things that never went anywhere but also didn't seem to have a conceptual vision to deal with the game's problems.

The weapon stances is another example.

The new helminth expansion, what if it dealt with sentinels and pets dying or something else players actually asked for.

New helminth passives that fixed x,y,z problems, knowing people often complain about pointless passives? Fix 2 problems at the same time... make sense?

It's an odd choice, adding status immunity and a an armor buff, when you could tie it into a solution for anything in the whole game, that players asked for.

I often wonder, if they really have any clue what is going on in-game and if they have zero vision of where they want to take the game.

Most players when you read their posts, agree with them or not, have a wrong strong opinion of exactly where they want to take it, they know precisely what they want.

Then it's kind of shocking to see the developers, somehow not have any ideas or their own but at the same time deciding to ignore the players.

53 minutes ago, (PSN)Jmazing7 said:

you can literally do all the other movement actions while aiming, if you want to move faster while aiming on the ground just slide

But you can't shoot while sprinting. I personally don't want to be slowed down when i shoot while i hold Shift. This was one of the first things i've noticed when i first began playing this game. If i hold Shift, i expect myself to sprint.

I know for sure that if i were able to sprint while shooting pistols, i would do so quite often.

Now, i'm not sure if this needs to be a separate move activated when aiming, like aim-glide. It would probably be cool but idk.
The way i see it is the same way it works right now, except not slowing the player down when he's shooting while sprinting (aiming would still force you into walking, or maybe into running if you held shift, but idk, it's fine as it is).
A simple idea and quite easy to implement, just like the forgotten walking button (i still remember).

14 hours ago, XJR15 said:

you know how u can do all these fancy moves with parkour like aim-glide then headshot some guy exactly how that ghost operative from starcraft picture dictates? yes thats perfect for this game. they just need to add in Aim-Run like Aim-Glide. Currently when u aim u can only walk. what im saying u need to be able to run and aim at the same time.

14 hours ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

He just wants to be able to move faster while aiming down the sights.

Ok , i think i get it , you don't want it to toggle from sprint -> run/walk when aiming. but the zoom that you get from the guns would be a real hindrance for fast movement and actually getting consistent hits, you would need a mod (?) thats something like "Aiming does not disable sprint , - 50% zoom when aiming while sprinting" to make it manageable, or have auto aiming of some sort.

I dont really have any strong opinion on this, i personally prefer to be a little slow so i can get proper head shots or pick my targets accurately.

On 2021-06-30 at 1:05 AM, 0_The_F00l said:

Ok , i think i get it , you don't want it to toggle from sprint -> run/walk when aiming. but the zoom that you get from the guns would be a real hindrance for fast movement and actually getting consistent hits, you would need a mod (?) thats something like "Aiming does not disable sprint , - 50% zoom when aiming while sprinting" to make it manageable, or have auto aiming of some sort.

I dont really have any strong opinion on this, i personally prefer to be a little slow so i can get proper head shots or pick my targets accurately.

fair u said u like to play slower - that is ok some people like to go a little slower thats fine. but i mean they need to put this in big time. so people that like speed can give it a shot, cause this game definitely has the parkour to do it, thats for sure.

and for the people that said its a balance issue, if devs think it will be they can make it a card to sprint+aim like how vitality for a health bonus, it could be a card to enable sprint+aim at the same time. would be fun. thanks for the feedback so far.

I don't know if there is some problem with the game or something, but I feel like I am getting a delay on certain weapons with hitscan at the moment.

Every game I am in using one, I will fire which then doesn't seem to land at all, nothing happens. I am also noticing a lot of delayed hits, maybe something with latency or something.

Either way, with game speed, it's another weakness of singleshot weapons, where 1 rightly timed shot is all or nothing. Versus spraying the whole room at full speed with iginis or whatever, if some of the hits don't connect it won't matter.

I am not sure I am for it or if people would like it but it's almost to the point you need to give singleshot weapons some type of aimbot, maybe headshot aimbot, to keep up with the speed of the game.

Like heat seeking rounds from judge dredd's pistol or something. Just having to stop at all, before you can even aim, and the team is going to leave you behind.

If you can't fight while constantly moving forward, you can't play. I had to start using dispatch overdrive for 60% movement speed just to keep up with theam.

No one has time to stop, locate target, aim and then shoot.

Maybe magnetic rounds were actually magnetic and would lash on to metal targets with some degree of autoaim so rifles and pistols could keep up with the AOE driveby.

Or maybe let AOE weapons stick their shots to the surface and then singleshot could ricochet off walls to grant them pseudo AOE after effect multishot.

Archived