Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Vaults Issues

NovaUmbral

Prime vault needs an overhaul, at the moment its feeling dry and each unvault is stretched out far too long, I understand that people don't want FOMO, however, leaving an unvault available for 3 months is unacceptable. Plus Zephyr and Chroma have not even been vaulted for a year yet they got their unvault before Loki, Hydroid and Rhino. Unvaults used to be exciting and had agency which incentivized players to grind out the unvault before it expired. Maybe we can go back to just unvaulting 1 prime access at a time, and you can do it once a month, that way you can unvault 12 prime access' a year Instead of having 2 frames for 3 months+ And can we get a workshop for future unvaults and the new order at the very least? Or maybe do more permanent unvaults, like maybe have frost and ember relics exclusively behind bounties in POE

I feel that this has been an ongoing problem since the day Relics were added. A problem DE faces is a catch-22 with the current system and the fact that the current unvault system creates value in older vaulted Primes due to inaccessibility for potentially years at a time.

I am not sure what the best system would be that is a middle ground between accessibility to players and keeping Primes valuable. Allowing all Prime gear to become dirt cheap by making them more accessible can potentially ruin the gear progression for Warframe permanently as there would be direct upgrades that are not only cheaper, but easier to get than many of their original counterparts.

39 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I feel that this has been an ongoing problem since the day Relics were added. A problem DE faces is a catch-22 with the current system and the fact that the current unvault system creates value in older vaulted Primes due to inaccessibility for potentially years at a time.

I am not sure what the best system would be that is a middle ground between accessibility to players and keeping Primes valuable. Allowing all Prime gear to become dirt cheap by making them more accessible can potentially ruin the gear progression for Warframe permanently as there would be direct upgrades that are not only cheaper, but easier to get than many of their original counterparts.

I think the REAL problem is that for some weird reason, unvaulting has to be done manually. I can't think of a reason for this, why did they set it up like that? As far as I can tell, there's basically no reason that unvaulting can't be done on an automatic timer

If it were automatic, the computer could just rotate relics out every month or two months or so. Could rotate the vault access packs too. But because they do it manually, it just sits around for 3 to 6 months until someone in the office remembers and tells an intern to do it

51 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Why not a token system that lets you "convert" base WF/weapon parts into their equivalent Prime versions? For example, converting a Stradavar BP into a Stradavar Prime BP, and the components for the Stradavar Prime obtained from generic barrel/stock/receiver parts from other Prime weapons and then a weapon-specific conversion item (To get Stradavar Prime parts) from TSP store or something?

I'm all for permanent unvaulting but there is still the question of what to do with the accessories. Unless DE just leaves old ones up for purchase permanently as well.

Though just as they pushed the issue back by doubling up unvaults I expect them to just start bundling three unvaults together soon.

But one vault a month would probably be poorly received just for making players feeling "forced" to pick it up within that time frame. Even if it's better for them than to wait an unspecified number of months before getting an opportunity at all.

24 minutes ago, trst said:

I'm all for permanent unvaulting but there is still the question of what to do with the accessories.

Make a dedicated "legacy" section in their website so people can buy them when they feel like it.

32 minutes ago, trst said:

But one vault a month would probably be poorly received just for making players feeling "forced" to pick it up within that time frame.

But with frequent and regular unvaultings, nobody cares if someone feels forced to get X prime one particular month or else must suffer the unmentionable agony of...waiting a dozen months or so (during which they can get many, many other primes) to see X prime come right back around for chance. As opposed to now, where X prime will probably be vaulted for years at a time, because only a handful of primes are unvaulted per year.

Presumably DE does things the way they do because a) this is a simple, low-effort approach for them, and b) changing up any aspect of their monetization model is inherently risky (though it's hard to imagine unvaultings would sell less volume if there was greater variety to tempt potential customers over the same amount of time).

let's be honest, no primes are inaccessible (except excalibur). Even though it is expensive, there will always be on the market to buy from other players. The problem is the accessories, so yes, I agree to make a reformulation in obtaining the accessories.

9 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

Make a dedicated "legacy" section in their website so people can buy them when they feel like it.

if they did sell all of the vaulted primes at once, it'd net them a tidy profit in the short term, but then what will people buy until the next new prime? once people have everything, what else can you sell them?

probably a silly idea, but I always liked the idea of travelling to a secret derelict where the vaulted frame is being kept, and then either being able to transfer into and use the frame to escape the derelict as enemies suddenly appear ( a bit like how they let us use Sevagoth's Shadow in Call of The Tempestarii, that was pretty neat IMO), or having to actually fight that Primed warframe as a boss. as an example:

imagine going into a Derelict ship and seeing this bizarre ice on the walls, and frozen statues of unfortunate souls, then, in a dimly-lit chamber, a Deactivated frost Prime! but as you transfer into him, the frost comes alive and pushes you away; a remnant of Oro belonging to it's original operator still lurks within the frame, and won't let you take it's vessel! so then an epic fight against this warframe begins, and by defeating it, the forces controlling it are released, and the frame is now yours. then, as you transfer in, one of the factions suddenly shows up, hearing about a priceless Orokin Frame that lurks here: now is the perfect time to test out your new Primed frame as you carve through enemies to make your escape!

of course, this would mean awarding a completed frame for a single mission, which is never gonna happen, but it's fun to dream about. 

38 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

if they did sell all of the vaulted primes at once, it'd net them a tidy profit in the short term, but then what will people buy until the next new prime? once people have everything, what else can you sell them?

I don't think this is a problem for the following reasons:

1) There will always be new players that are yet to buy things.

2) Not everyone can buy everything at once

3) New stuff is added to the legacy section every 3 months because a current Prime is added to the vault every 3 months, with their accessories now being gone for 18-20 months (When the Prime access was available). For example, if the legacy section is added today, Atlas Prime's accessories for Sentinels will be missing until he is added to the vault in August, and then Ivara Prime's accessories will be missing until she is vaulted in November, and so on. This legacy section will always have something "new" to buy every 3 months as long as there is a frame being vaulted and you didn't get that frame's accessories 18-20 months ago when initially released.

38 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Frame acquisition ideas.

That can work for the frames themselves, but my proposal about a "legacy" store section was for the accessories. For the frames and weapons, my proposal is a few posts above yours:

10 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

Why not a token system that lets you "convert" base WF/weapon parts into their equivalent Prime versions? For example, converting a Stradavar BP into a Stradavar Prime BP, and the components for the Stradavar Prime obtained from generic barrel/stock/receiver parts from other Prime weapons and then a weapon-specific conversion item (To get Stradavar Prime parts) from TSP store or something?

Archived