Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Adding weapon variants to the Steel Path

(PSN)LoneMaestro

The Steel Path is a wonderful addition to the game offering us vets some what of a challenge however I think there was opportunity that was missed into it's development. If you remember Captain Vor dropped two weapons the Chronus and the Seer I'll come back to this in a moment.

WHY PLAYERS PLAY STEEL PATH.

The reason why players do Steel Path is for Steel Essence. However I think if they added more in Steel Path they could have given Players a better reason to play it. I know new Arcanes will be farmed in Steel Path with the new updates but more is always better.

ADDING A NEW VARIANT TO STEEL PATH.

imagine you defeated Vor and you run to Extraction and you get a new weapon blueprint THE STEEL CHRONUS and it is just a better variant of the normal star chat blade maybe these weapons could also have unique passive abilities or when a grineer Heavy Gunner drops the GORGON you'd get a STEEL GORGON instead, there are multiple weapons you can farm from bosses and enemies in the normal game. But farming these bosses or enemies in the steel path just to wait 5 minutes or 5 waves or so for a Acolyte to drop a resource we all came their for and that alone feels so very tedious. I want more from the Steel Path something that would give me a purpose doing it other then one enemy that shows up every now and again.

55 minutes ago, (PSN)DeathMastro said:

WHY PLAYERS PLAY STEEL PATH.

The reason why players do Steel Path is for Steel Essence.

... I just wish people would stop including everyone else into their own boat in a vain attempt at reinforcing an argument...

... Dude, I play Steel Path because I like it, and the permanent boosts and handicaps... Seriously.

As if "Steel Essence" is even something special. That thing's pretty much Ferrite right now.

Wasn't the Steel Path mainly meant to be a place for players to test their High Power builds outside of the Simulacrum?

While new mods and Arcanes are intended to make more builds a viable option to play around with (lord knows the Star Chart doesn't need them), I'm not sure if DE will start putting actual rewards like new guns/melee/warframes as a reward for Steel Path?

2 hours ago, (PSN)DeathMastro said:

The reason why players do Steel Path is for Steel Essence.

wrong i play it for fun, testing, and affinity

I know new Arcanes will be farmed in Steel Path with the new updates but more is always better.

wrong more is not always better

for example, more generalizing forum posts is not better

imagine you defeated Vor and you run to Extraction and you get a new weapon blueprint THE STEEL CHRONUS and it is just a better variant of the normal star chat blade maybe these weapons could also have unique passive abilities or when a grineer Heavy Gunner drops the GORGON you'd get a STEEL GORGON instead

ngl man i really dont like this. if you wanted something like this you might as well remake it into a sink where you can use path essence to upgrade your weapons or unlock alternate skins or something like that in some fashion.

But farming these bosses or enemies in the steel path just to wait 5 minutes or 5 waves or so for a Acolyte to drop a resource we all came their for and that alone feels so very tedious.

why would you farm boss runs in sp to farm farm spe?

why would you do that to yourself and then go out of your way to try and call to fix the game by asking for random things that nobody else asked to be added?

why not use the tools the game gives you in order to help you farm? specifically steel path dark sectors, or steel path dailies?

honestly to me just sounds like you've forcefully burnt yourself out on steel path grinding for whatever reason and instead of taking a break and doing literally anything else - nobody is forcing you to do something you don't want to do - you came to the forums to ask for random things that nobody else asked to be added for some reason

weird man, just weird

1 hour ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Wasn't the Steel Path mainly meant to be a place for players to test their High Power builds outside of the Simulacrum?

While new mods and Arcanes are intended to make more builds a viable option to play around with (lord knows the Star Chart doesn't need them), I'm not sure if DE will start putting actual rewards like new guns/melee/warframes as a reward for Steel Path?

No. It is meant to alleviate boredom and have a reason to have optimized builds at all.

19 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

... I just wish people would stop including everyone else into their own boat in a vain attempt at reinforcing an argument...

... Dude, I play Steel Path because I like it, and the permanent boosts and handicaps... Seriously.

As if "Steel Essence" is even something special. That thing's pretty much Ferrite right now.

So you won't want them to add more things to do in the Steel Path, I play it because it's fun too. But I am just saying I think it would be cool if more was in the Steel Path is that such a wrong thing to want??? I'm confused to why your against adding more to something you like? If you don't want to farm a Steel weapon Varrient of old weapons then that's cool just don't. Or if your just against with what I said people play Steel Path for just steel Essence that doesn't apply to everyone I hardly do the daily's that gives you 3 I just do the missions because the enjoyment of playing it.

4 hours ago, (PSN)DeathMastro said:

So you won't want them to add more things to do in the Steel Path, I play it because it's fun too. But I am just saying I think it would be cool if more was in the Steel Path is that such a wrong thing to want??? I'm confused to why your against adding more to something you like? If you don't want to farm a Steel weapon Varrient of old weapons then that's cool just don't. Or if your just against with what I said people play Steel Path for just steel Essence that doesn't apply to everyone I hardly do the daily's that gives you 3 I just do the missions because the enjoyment of playing it.

If they add anything to it, its always a bonus reward for me. I'm not against it or in favor of it.

The only thing I expect from DE is the inclusion of all things Navigation into Steel Path, not just the Star Chart mission nodes. I want the rest and many more players are starting to ask for the same thing, and only then I'll try to consider all those nifty tiny rewards that'll eventually get added afterwards...

18 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

The only thing I expect from DE is the inclusion of all things Navigation into Steel Path, not just the Star Chart mission nodes. I want the rest and many more players are starting to ask for the same thing, and only then I'll try to consider all those nifty tiny rewards that'll eventually get added afterwards...

Imagine enjoying Sponge Path so much you want to bring that boring metarestrictive sponge to dilute the rest of the game as well.

spongebob hiding GIF

32 minutes ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

Imagine enjoying Sponge Path so much you want to bring that boring metarestrictive sponge to dilute the rest of the game as well.

Imagine that Sponge Path isn't going to affect anything beyond what it already does even if DE does include everything Navigation into it, because almost no one runs it due to fearing EHP sponges and the boosts do not affect the rewards that really matter anyway...

Oh wait... don't imagine it, because that's exactly what's happening already...

12 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

Imagine that Sponge Path isn't going to affect anything beyond what it already does even if DE does include everything Navigation into it, because almost no one runs it due to fearing EHP sponges and the boosts do not affect the rewards that really matter anyway...

Oh wait... don't imagine it, because that's exactly what's happening already...

No need to get too worked up, it was a tongue-in-cheek post at best.
I do not fear the sponge, but it is incredibly dull to me and I dislike the way it reinforces meta and degenerate builds with the sheer excess of it.
I'm the OP's citation, I do steel path Incursions and use it for the level bump if I'm scanning for Simaris rep. I fell into a couple builds that do well enough for that chorelike purpose, so I'm fine.

But that's just my subjective, and I generally solo-life anyway unless the game systems oblige otherwise, so I don't actually care much about matchmaking dilution either.

... Interesting, giving your example and your reasons... but I never pointed at you directly. Telling me that I shouldn't get worked up about it, which I clearly never did, was a waste of time... And your reaction at describing your example after I threw a general idea that anyone can pick up and think about the potential gain and/or loss only indicates that I hit a potential touchy area...

I get it, Steel Path associated player preference is a very touchy area... But preferences are not debatable. Its a pointless futility to do so, with absolutely no gains. The fact remains that including the rest into Steel Path is no longer a 1 player (me) wish... Its a growing movement, and its gaining momentum.

And~, unlike what it may seem from your specific perspective, I Solo, I hate meta, and matchmaking can burn itself to the ground as its a bug masked as a feature and a complete waste of time.

My builds work so much better and reliably than meta builds, its actually ridiculous.

... With these two things out of the way, I'll get back to what I was doing and just continue my grind for the stuff I didn't bother to collect as soon as they were released... Those have a much much higher importance right now...

On 2021-06-29 at 9:40 PM, (PSN)DeathMastro said:

The Steel Path is a wonderful addition to the game.

I beg to differ.
it was effectively dead on arrival content.

And to make it worse its now what everything is being balanced around.

Archived