Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Defense Frame? 2021

Infinitegamer9000

Question

So have been looking for defense frames, currently have frost and recently procured nyx. Frost is good for the defense part, but he lacks the cc, nyx seems good with her chaos, but I heard she not the meta anymore?(Got her after reading a reddit post which turned out to be from 2016) So, which is the best defense warframe?

Edit: I don't disagree that frost has cc, however it's range seems lacking compared to something like Gara or even nyx but he's a solid frame for sure. 

21 answers to this question

My personal picks for "actual" defenders are frost, gara, and limbo. Cuz they actually keep bullets away from the target. Extra points for limbo cuz he can protect moving objectives as well.

With that said, they're not my first picks if I'm the one who have to deal damage as well. i.e. playing solo. For that i usually go with but not limited to khora, octavia, mirage, vauban. They don't really protect the defense objective, but they're really good at locking down area and dish enemies fast.

Screw meta slaves. Bunch of losers trying to prove that they're better than everyone else on an almost absolutely skill-free game. Possibilities are quite endless when i play with my friends. Nyx is good, wisp can also buff everyone, trinity can heal friends and objective, nova can dictate phase of mission as you guys need it to be, chroma, ivara, volt. Just go with what you like.

9 hours ago, Soy77 said:

My personal picks for "actual" defenders are frost, gara, and limbo. Cuz they actually keep bullets away from the target. Extra points for limbo cuz he can protect moving objectives as well.

With that said, they're not my first picks if I'm the one who have to deal damage as well. i.e. playing solo. For that i usually go with but not limited to khora, octavia, mirage, vauban. They don't really protect the defense objective, but they're really good at locking down area and dish enemies fast.

Screw meta slaves. Bunch of losers trying to prove that they're better than everyone else on an almost absolutely skill-free game. Possibilities are quite endless when i play with my friends. Nyx is good, wisp can also buff everyone, trinity can heal friends and objective, nova can dictate phase of mission as you guys need it to be, chroma, ivara, volt. Just go with what you like.

I think I'll get Octavia or vauban, and keep frost, haven't been using him as much i should been. But Octavia and vauban seem quite good in aoe, or soloing. 

Depends on the type of defense mission.

Star Chart = Protea, Vauban or Saryn. It is all about killing.

Arbitrations = Protea with Gloom. This because you can move the defense target to wherever you want, so you can quickly find a bottleneck position and just camp around your dispenser. Gloom is there so when you get in the right position, anything that gets a visual on you will also be inside your Gloom for a massive slow as the turrets wipe them out. Plus your shield grenade also gives the operative overshields while gloom allows him to leech life.

Steel Path = Uh, no idea actually, never seen the slightest reason for running SP defense beyond the 5 initial waves to clear the node or do the incursion.

Sorties = Eh Protea here aswell, but I'd ditch gloom since you dont have the same control over the defense objective. Just go Roar for more damage.

For normal daily missions going to waves 5 to 30, I'd probably say Gara. She can give the defense pod 50% damage reduction which is usually enough, and has an augment mod that can even heal it a little bit if needed. Plus she's also VERY tanky herself with 90% dmg reduction, and can even be built for DPS, although I find that playstyle of hers kinda spammy and boring. Khora is very good at defending stuff, but if you need to kill the enemies (like in defense missions), her ultimate ability is very annoying for team mates, with enemies dangling and ragdolling all over the place. I usually save her for excavation and mobile defense.

Limbo I just find him extremely boring and obnoxious, even after his rework, but he's great at defending objectives as well. Just don't expect alot of engaging gameplay with him. 

But if you want to do long endurance runs in which enemies scale high enough that they can simply one shot the pod, then Frost is by far your best option IMO. Just be ready to spam his globe every 3 seconds. But Frost is vastly underrated, he's a great frame, just lacks the same level of modern synergy other frames have.

2 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

Anything that can protect or heal the objective. Khora is good she can heal the objective as well, but not vs ranged enemies since her dome doesn't protect the objective. So placement is key.

Wisp is good as her healing works really well on the objective. You can also use Trinity I think or use her infused ability on another frame. Protea is also good as she can give the objective shield regen.

Aside from that the actual defenders are Frost and Gara. Gara can put up a wall and give the objective 90% DR and heal it with an augment if you have it. Frosts snowglobes are very strong, but I find him boring to play.

Nyx is not a bad choice, screw meta slaves. She can disrupt enemies 100% of the time so the objective will hardly take any damage. Not good in endurance as she cannot heal the objective herself. But fine for 10 waves at any level in any game mode.

I personally like Vauban. With well placed flechette orbs you can make sure the enemy doesn't hit the objective. He also has a great amount of CC.

could Nyx heal the objective if Psychic Bolts, say swapped with Well of Life, Trinny's infused ability?

I find Vauban to be one of the best frames for defence objectives. Build for decent range, slap a wormhole next to the objectives and a couple of flachette orbs around it to deal with nullifiers and other nastiness. The main downside is that on some tilesets enemies get squeesed into really odd gaps and corners as they are sucked into the wormhole.

Anything that can protect or heal the objective. Khora is good she can heal the objective as well, but not vs ranged enemies since her dome doesn't protect the objective. So placement is key.

Wisp is good as her healing works really well on the objective. You can also use Trinity I think or use her infused ability on another frame. Protea is also good as she can give the objective shield regen.

Aside from that the actual defenders are Frost and Gara. Gara can put up a wall and give the objective 90% DR and heal it with an augment if you have it. Frosts snowglobes are very strong, but I find him boring to play.

Nyx is not a bad choice, screw meta slaves. She can disrupt enemies 100% of the time so the objective will hardly take any damage. Not good in endurance as she cannot heal the objective herself. But fine for 10 waves at any level in any game mode.

I personally like Vauban. With well placed flechette orbs you can make sure the enemy doesn't hit the objective. He also has a great amount of CC.

Depends really. I don't play Nova that much, but if there is a Gift of the Lotus or Sortie that had a ten wave Defence, I am always happy to have a Speedva as a team mate. I often go Equinox for similar reasons. She can delete so many enemies so fast. If its Steel Path and I am solo, I often like taking Nidus, or Sevagoth. Pulling and clumping up enemies, surprise, makes them really easy to kill and doesn't matter if there are more enemies, if anything it just makes you stronger. I like Saryn for that Corpus ship Defence Tile set thats annoying... or on maps with less LOS (Gara as well).

So depends on your objective. Fastest clears? Ensuring the Defence objective is never at risk? Endurance runs? Solo or team? Even throw in personal preference. 

just build a volt. get over extended as strength is not needed. so go max range, decent duration where shields can atleast last for 30seconds. i keep this to get max 170 efficiency so that i can spam my 4th discharge. keep enemies locked so they wont damage your target, while shields will obviously avoid any damage. that's my defense frame for protecting some target in like excavation mobile defense type mission. 

for actual defense missions its just better to get a dps frame which can AOE kill enemies faster before they even approach your target

hace 19 minutos, Infinitegamer9000 dijo:

So have been looking for defense frames, currently have frost and recently procured nyx. Frost is good for the defense part, but he lacks the cc, nyx seems good with her chaos, but I heard she not the meta anymore?(Got her after reading a reddit post which turned out to be from 2016) So, which is the best defense warframe?

Limbo, a lot of players will hate you but its the only one that can nullify all the damage and IIRC can freeze enemy projectiles from non-boss-like enemies even on moving targets (that can be affected by the rift).

There is no best defense frame, only what you prefer.  Limbo, Gara, Khora, Wisp (and probably a few more I missed) can all handle Defense-type missions just fine, albeit they all handle slightly differently.

Finally, Frost lacks cc?  Really?  Are you sure you are playing him correctly?

Archived