Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thank you DE for removing Loyalty and DNA decay from pets.

DrivaMain

1 minute ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

Seems like they been drip feeding pets 2.0 stuff into the game. But yeah survivability needs to be looked into. Probably upping the values on the link mods or buff their base stats and they should be fine and maybe some ai tweaks 

If we want pets to be balanced Link-Mods need to be purged from the game. Your warframe loadout choice should not dictate your pet viability, it limits buils choice.

13 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

If we want pets to be balanced Link-Mods need to be purged from the game. Your warframe loadout choice should not dictate your pet viability, it limits buils choice.

I agree with this. Its not that companions have little survivability, its that their survivability is directly tied to warframes, limiting choice. Id love to bring a pet with Gauss, but its not feasible past lvl 60 unless Im a frame like Atlas P, Grendel or Inaros, assuming I dont use a vulphi or vampire kitty

24 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Link mods aren't the only problem. Oberon really needs to have his passive dealt with, seeing as you need to run him in order to get every last ounce of survivability out of your pets.

5 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

link mods make more sense on sentinels than the rest of the companions

I think link mods make little sense anywhere, at least the way they currently work. 

They were clearly designed solely for the solar map, and not higher level play, and only work in higher level play because of outlier frames with super high defensive stats that DE didn't anticipate existing back when they first made link mods. 

A mods usefulness should not be reliant at high level on being used in conjunction with frames that have outlier stats. 

Hopefully they bake the bonus into the base stats.

It'd be kinda awkward if they forgot about the bonus stats and pets got an accidental nerf.

Edit: From the wording I'm not sure if the whole system/UI is getting removed or if it's literally just that the degradation won't occur... although that would make the system pointless, so probably the former.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

Seems like they been drip feeding pets 2.0 stuff into the game. But yeah survivability needs to be looked into. Probably upping the values on the link mods or buff their base stats and they should be fine and maybe some ai tweaks 

I remember Scott saying that Pets 2.0 can't be one big thing and has to be incremental.

Wonder what the researches for the incubator will be used for.

Or maybe the resources will be put in the clan Vault.

it's a good improvement, but there's still a LONG way to go before all companions can be considered truly viable: we still need better AI, buffed Base Stats and better mods, and some way of letting Companions scale so that running mods like Pack Leader or Link mods won't be mandatory any more. right now the only companion I'd ever take into "endgame" is my Panzer, because I'd rather not spend however long reviving my pet, or watching them get killed permanently in one shot for opening a door. 

if these changes have to be incrementally added, fine. I just want them all to happen at some point. 

vor 3 Stunden schrieb DrivaMain:

It is confirmed that in update 30.5 loyalty and DNA decay will be permanently removed. This is a fantastic move that removes the tediousness of the pet system. 

Source :  https://www.warframe.com/news/sisters-of-parvos

Now the major complaint they need to address is companion survivability and viability.

well. who cares? only good for newbies.

most people play with panzer, sent or cat

10 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

well. who cares?

You commenting already tells you do care. If you don't care you wouldn't reply or pay attention at all.

People care because it another step towards a less tedious pet system.

13 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Now the major complaint they need to address is companion survivability and viability.

Considering one of the parazon mods is a pet revive i think that is how things will go , some condition to revive pets would be introduced as a companion mod itself (wish the body guard arcane actually revived companions instead of just healing them , would have been a lot more effective and worthwhile).

But i am looking forward to the age reversing.

12 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I think link mods make little sense anywhere, at least the way they currently work. 

They were clearly designed solely for the solar map, and not higher level play, and only work in higher level play because of outlier frames with super high defensive stats that DE didn't anticipate existing back when they first made link mods. 

A mods usefulness should not be reliant at high level on being used in conjunction with frames that have outlier stats. 

You could always keep the Mods, make them more universal for Sentinels and other Companions, and make it so the Mods actually do what they say; link you and your Companions stats together.

So Link Armor would add your Companions Armor value to your Warframe, with DE hopefully buffing the utter hell out of all Companion base stats. So then there wouldn't be much of a difference between each Companions stats, but you'd prefer to Link with some more specific Companions like Wyrm for extra Shields as Hildryn for example but stick to a Sahasa for the higher Health as Nidus. Have the Link Mod now become an alternative to the basic EHP Mods, giving the Companion less Health but giving you more as a compromise.

Archived