Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant Delux. Reconsider. Do not destroy his theme.

This is how the Revenant Delux skin should look like: https://davis.artstation.com/projects/XBddZD

That thing you showed in the dev.stream that instead of looking revenant looks like a handsome half-emo boy that has nothing to do with his theme, it doesn't fit at all. I hope you reconsider your decision. If in the end you get that skin then I'm not going to buy it, it's not worth it at all. Doesn't fit Revenant at all. It is a skin that could have been good for another warframe, with which it fits more, but for revenant it has nothing to do.

I know that you will not pay me any attention and still you will take out that skin that completely destroys the theme and the revenant's bearing, but hey, you had to try. All I have to do is try not to shoot myself in the eye when I see someone use it.

13 minutes ago, TitoElKehTeFokah said:

Doesn't fit Revenant at all. It is a skin that could have been good for another warframe, with which it fits more, but for revenant it has nothing to do.

I don't disagree with you and tend to be a fan of Revenant's theme as well...

That said, this skin won't be the first time they went "off-road" with a Frame's theme and likely won't be the last. Simpler to accept that some people will dig it and other's won't.

There is already a metric ton of viable skins for Revenant just awaiting DE's approval so go vote for some of those if you haven't already.  

26 minutes ago, TitoElKehTeFokah said:

Doesn't fit Revenant at all. It is a skin that could have been good for another warframe, with which it fits more, but for revenant it has nothing to do.

I don't use Revenant, but I agree with you here. Sadly, that ship has long sailed:

- Harrow got a Limbo deluxe.

- Excalibur got a Baruuk deluxe.

- Ash got a Nekros deluxe.

Limbo got a Revenant deluxe.

1 minute ago, TitoElKehTeFokah said:

Yareli is cute, yareli is very nice.

Still that delux skin, at least for me, is not for a warframe like revenant.

It was a joke tho, I hate Yareli's theme but I agree on the Revenant skint not fitting him. Various users had pointed out that deluxe skins doens't need to resemble the OG frame or follow its theme, wich it's true. TennoGen items, by the other hand, are mostly themed based and sometimes even superior choices to deluxe skins

15 minutes ago, Gremlin said:

The one they are implementing looks really bad, luckily Revenant is a pretty bad frame so there's no reason to really play him anyways. Cosmetics are pretty much completely irrelevant at that point. 

Please continue this behavior of bashing underrated frames. I want to enjoy my Sentient Boy a little bit longer before DE realizes and drops the nerf hammer.

10 minutes ago, TitoElKehTeFokah said:

OK, still doesnt fit with what Revenant is.

Most of the Deluxe skins generally don't fit the theme of the frame in question though (not to mention that they tend to also be fairly bad) and we have to rely on the Tennogen skins to take up the slack.

Take heart in the knowledge that Rev has so many Tennogen options awaiting Approval and that his Prime can't be far off

hace 1 minuto, (PSN)Madurai-Prime dijo:

Revenant is a frame used to complete missions like any other frame.

ofc.

But think about this.

That delux skin feels more like a typical fkboy, more close to a what a Vampire from the ``Twilight´´ films (that type of vampires at least for me are a S#&$), than what a traditional vampire looks like.

and not only that. Revenant was supposed to be originaly a vampire style frame, in that way the skin would fit his theme. But Revenant ended in a wf that has rlly nothing to do with vampires bc of his ``symbiosis´´ with the sentients.

So, that skin for revenant is out of context.

If they release Guardian (original waframe from which comes revenant for said symbiosis) and give him that skin, i wouldnt say nothing because the theme would be the same. Guardian as a vampire and twilight fkboy vampire skin. All okay.

But the actual Revenant with his lore, and that skin, doesnt match at all.

I honestly dont see what doesnt fit his theme.

Revenant as we have him is not the original Revenant as he was during the old war. The Revenant we build is a product of a long struggle with the eidolons on the plains. I think the Gargoyle vibes of the deluxe skin fits the "Warden" better so fits the frame as a whole better aswell. Neither of the two really connect with his kit though. The original has some resemblence of things we can see in the Bram Stoker Dracula movie, like the sleek armor along with a helm very similar to the one worn by the coach driver in that movie. But it all also give much more of a possessed suit of armor vibe with the spirit oozing out.

I also have absolutely zero idea where you see the emo-boy. It is a beastly figure in a hooded cloak. Is that the new emo fashion?

20 minutes ago, Gremlin said:

The one they are implementing looks really bad, luckily Revenant is a pretty bad frame so there's no reason to really play him anyways. Cosmetics are pretty much completely irrelevant at that point. 

He's tankier than Inaros and has percentage based damage, along with solid (soft) CC and a respectable nuke.  He is the patron saint of lich hunting and the Index.  He's not bad by any means.  There are those who whine and moan about his "theme" because they cannot accept that a Warframe doesn't have to be a 1-to-1 copy of a fantasy trope they think they know well.  But they're easy enough to ignore.

Revenant is a little like Xaku in that his appeal doesn't become obvious until late game activities.  I will admit not seeing his potential at all until I started lich hunting.

hace 7 minutos, SneakyErvin dijo:

I honestly dont see what doesnt fit his theme.

Revenant as we have him is not the original Revenant as he was during the old war. The Revenant we build is a product of a long struggle with the eidolons on the plains. I think the Gargoyle vibes of the deluxe skin fits the "Warden" better so fits the frame as a whole better aswell. Neither of the two really connect with his kit though. The original has some resemblence of things we can see in the Bram Stoker Dracula movie, like the sleek armor along with a helm very similar to the one worn by the coach driver in that movie. But it all also give much more of a possessed suit of armor vibe with the spirit oozing out.

I also have absolutely zero idea where you see the emo-boy. It is a beastly figure in a hooded cloak. Is that the new emo fashion?

As i response to other user. I think that skin is good, dont get me wrong. Is good, nicely done, etc. But i dont see it as Revenant. I think, as u said, that it feets more that Warden should have been. 

The original idea behind Revenant was a vampire style frame, but the ``symbiosis´´ with the sentient energy changed him, and i dont see any relation between a vampire and what we have as Revenant.

The fkboy/emo-handsome boy is bc it feels like one (at least his concept art, the modeling is other thing, but still dont like it), like the typical kid of Twilight films. The new style modern ``vampires´´ that are all pretty and young. I rlly hate that, but thats my problem.

5 minutes ago, TitoElKehTeFokah said:

Thats why i aleady posted many times a lore explanation for a possible prime version.

There are no lore reasons for prime frames since long ago, the only thing for sure it's htat every single frame will get a prime version regardless the lore implications.

hace 1 minuto, vanaukas dijo:

There are no lore reasons for prime frames since long ago, the only thing for sure it's htat every single frame will get a prime version regardless the lore implications.

Yeah, i know that, but for trying nothing will happen to me haha.

I think I came up with a good explanation, but got hard ignored by DE and the community, S#&$ happends. 

3 minutes ago, TitoElKehTeFokah said:

As i response to other user. I think that skin is good, dont get me wrong. Is good, nicely done, etc. But i dont see it as Revenant. I think, as u said, that it feets more that Warden should have been. 

The original idea behind Revenant was a vampire style frame, but the ``symbiosis´´ with the sentient energy changed him, and i dont see any relation between a vampire and what we have as Revenant.

The fkboy/emo-handsome boy is bc it feels like one (at least his concept art, the modeling is other thing, but still dont like it), like the typical kid of Twilight films. The new style modern ``vampires´´ that are all pretty and young. I rlly hate that, but thats my problem.

Which makes it a good choice since we dont have to wait for Revenant Prime to get the more Warden looking skin (which I hope they go with on the prime eventually). I also guess the vampire theme was the core, then it got mixed with the sentient crap due to the backstory of how we obtain the frame. Which also came with a damaged look and eidolon inspired looking skills partly.

I still cannot see the emo part at all. All I see is a creature with clawed feet, horns and muscles, wearing a cloak and hood. The only thing I dont particularly like is the color scheme, which we can luckily change as we like. If I get it I'll probably go with dark red skin and a brownish or pitch black cloak for the demon feel. Or dark grey skin and a brown, green, blue, purple or red cloak for more of a natural gargoyle feel.

1 minute ago, TitoElKehTeFokah said:

Yeah, but a lot of them, in one way or other, fit the theme of teir frames. Not like Limbo or the new ``thing´´ for Zephyr.

I know, but that's just because it's what the devs wanted to make

If they want to make a skin that looks really cool for a frame, even if it has nothing to do with their original concept, they'll still do it; look at Nidus' deluxe, it's regarded as one, if not the, best looking deluxe in the game. Does it fit his infested theme? No at all, still looks sick tho

Archived