Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant Delux. Reconsider. Do not destroy his theme.

hace 2 minutos, SneakyErvin dijo:

Which makes it a good choice since we dont have to wait for Revenant Prime to get the more Warden looking skin (which I hope they go with on the prime eventually). I also guess the vampire theme was the core, then it got mixed with the sentient crap due to the backstory of how we obtain the frame. Which also came with a damaged look and eidolon inspired looking skills partly.

I still cannot see the emo part at all. All I see is a creature with clawed feet, horns and muscles, wearing a cloak and hood. The only thing I dont particularly like is the color scheme, which we can luckily change as we like. If I get it I'll probably go with dark red skin and a brownish or pitch black cloak for the demon feel. Or dark grey skin and a brown, green, blue, purple or red cloak for more of a natural gargoyle feel.

I would pref then to came up with the Warden.

Warden + Warden prime, then our actual Revenant. and get a Revenant Prime or Umbra from the Warden Prime by the Helmint system. I will not develop my rev prime diea here, i already did in other post, but thats the main theory behind  to make somehow fit rev prim in the lore.

Meanwhile, at DE's office :

"Everyone ! Stop it all ! Someone on the forum said he doesn't like a skin ! We should start Rev's deluxe all over to fit the tastes of one individual !"

Also, just look at Zephir's delux, the theme is the least of their worries when making a delux. If you like so much Revenant default look and theme, well just stick with default skin.

And finally, I just love the "I won't buy it". I'm sure that you not purchasing this one cosmetic represents a huge threat to their finances. And what is this whale mentality in the first place ? Nobody is expected to buy every single item in the first place, rethink your spending habits.

hace 9 minutos, Fallen77 dijo:

Meanwhile, at DE's office :

"Everyone ! Stop it all ! Someone on the forum said he doesn't like a skin ! We should start Rev's deluxe all over to fit the tastes of one individual !"

Also, just look at Zephir's delux, the theme is the least of their worries when making a delux. If you like so much Revenant default look and theme, well just stick with default skin.

And finally, I just love the "I won't buy it". I'm sure that you not purchasing this one cosmetic represents a huge threat to their finances. And what is this whale mentality in the first place ? Nobody is expected to buy every single item in the first place, rethink your spending habits.

1-I didnt order anyething, just suggested.

2-I know there are some skins that not fit the theme, and i also hate them.

3-Mentaliy is: if i dont like it, i will no buy it. A very normal and logic mentality.

Let's see if the one who has to look at the forms is you,

PD: That you do not care about the lore or the explanations behind things, does not mean that I do too.

1 hour ago, TitoElKehTeFokah said:

This is how the Revenant Delux skin should look like: https://davis.artstation.com/projects/XBddZD

That thing you showed in the dev.stream that instead of looking revenant looks like a handsome half-emo boy that has nothing to do with his theme, it doesn't fit at all. I hope you reconsider your decision. If in the end you get that skin then I'm not going to buy it, it's not worth it at all. Doesn't fit Revenant at all. It is a skin that could have been good for another warframe, with which it fits more, but for revenant it has nothing to do.

I know that you will not pay me any attention and still you will take out that skin that completely destroys the theme and the revenant's bearing, but hey, you had to try. All I have to do is try not to shoot myself in the eye when I see someone use it.

No, since Revenant's theme is actually vampiric, not Sentient.

26 minutes ago, TitoElKehTeFokah said:

3-Mentaliy is: if i dont like it, i will no buy it. A very normal and logic mentality.

If you've come to the logical conclusion, why does this post even exist? I agree the concept art you linked looks way cooler, but they're probably already done with this one, so do you actually think they'll drop this because of the revelation that it doesn't fit his theme?

hace 11 minutos, (XBOX)Rez090 dijo:

No, since Revenant's theme is actually vampiric, not Sentient.

We are literally talking about a warframe that has fallen into a kind of symbiosis with sentient energy.

As much as the original idea behind Revenant was that of a vampire. The current Revenant has nothing to do with it. If they want to try to amake a real vamire style warframe, they should try with the original frame leading to Revenant, Warden.

Like it or not, the first thing you think of when you hear Revenant is precisely sentient energy. And his skills focus precisely on sentient themes.

hace 8 minutos, (XBOX)Regxxh dijo:

If you've come to the logical conclusion, why does this post even exist? I agree the concept art you linked looks way cooler, but they're probably already done with this one, so do you actually think they'll drop this because of the revelation that it doesn't fit his theme?

Try to make the game more consistent with itself?

1 minute ago, TitoElKehTeFokah said:

Try to make the game more consistent with itself?

You're a bit late. They've already made skins that don't have anything to do with frame's themes. If it makes you feel better, you can say this deluxe fits his theme because it's vampiric/devilish, and that can relate to Revenant being an eidolon Warframe through the theme of being corrupted or losing innocence. Regardless, you acknowledge yourself that you won't get anywhere with this post, so why frame it this way and not something like "Does the community think Warframe deluxe skins should relate to the frame's theme"? You'd at least start an actual conversation instead of coming off as "I hate this skin! DE should have done this skin instead!"

hace 3 minutos, (XBOX)Regxxh dijo:

You're a bit late. They've already made skins that don't have anything to do with frame's themes. If it makes you feel better, you can say this deluxe fits his theme because it's vampiric/devilish, and that can relate to Revenant being an eidolon Warframe through the theme of being corrupted or losing innocence. Regardless, you acknowledge yourself that you won't get anywhere with this post, so why frame it this way and not something like "Does the community think Warframe deluxe skins should relate to the frame's theme"? You'd at least start an actual conversation instead of coming off as "I hate this skin! DE should have done this skin instead!"

At least I can try, even if it's useless. There is the option to shut up and be a sad conformist, or at least criticize it, despite not being able to change it

1 hour ago, TitoElKehTeFokah said:

I think I came up with a good explanation, but got hard ignored by DE and the community, S#&$ happends. 

I went and found that thread. You were completely incorrect regarding how normal and Prime frames relate to one another. Hint: Compare Gara vs. Gara Prime.

Regarding the Deluxe, no reconsidering. Deluxes do not need to "fit", and are arguably more interesting when they do not "fit". Except this one, like all the others, do fit to some degree.

6 minutes ago, TitoElKehTeFokah said:

At least I can try, even if it's useless. There is the option to shut up and be a sad conformist, or at least criticize it, despite not being able to change it

This is a skin for a character in a video game, not the next dictatorship. Some people think the skin sucks, like myself, but complaining for the sake of complaining just makes you a contrarian, which is just as bad as being a conformist.

il y a 13 minutes, TitoElKehTeFokah a dit :

Lol that's precious...

hace 18 minutos, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu dijo:

I went and found that thread. You were completely incorrect regarding how normal and Prime frames relate to one another. Hint: Compare Gara vs. Gara Prime.

Regarding the Deluxe, no reconsidering. Deluxes do not need to "fit", and are arguably more interesting when they do not "fit". Except this one, like all the others, do fit to some degree.

Prime versions are original versions of an warframe. I have not misunderstood what a prime is, thank you. My proposal of a revenant prime, using prime for wearing something, is totally consistent with the lore of the game. If you don't like prime, you can use umbra or reforged or whatever you like. And the skin they have shown fits if they followed the original Revenant line, which would be a vampire-type warframe. But the reality is that vampire has little right now.

hace 12 minutos, (XBOX)Regxxh dijo:

This is a skin for a character in a video game, not the next dictatorship. Some people think the skin sucks, like myself, but complaining for the sake of complaining just makes you a contrarian, which is just as bad as being a conformist.

According to your argument, the feedback must also seem like a mistake to you. If you don't like something and you shut up, they will keep doing it and you will keep quiet. Anyway.

imagine being so offended by a skin that, instead of telling yourself you just won't bother with it and move on with your life, you will instead make an entire post to call out how much you hate that skin. imagine.....

a lot of people are probably gonna get that skin for him regardless, as the only other current option is the Draugen Tennogen, which I prefer. I guess when the "emo" Revenants start appearing GearsMatrix will have some company in the "Revenant hate circle"..

6 minutes ago, TitoElKehTeFokah said:

According to your argument, the feedback must also seem like a mistake to you.

According to my argument, complaining for the sake of complaining is a mistake, and you could label certain pieces of player feedback as "complaining for the sake of complaining". This doesn't mean all feedback is a mistake, but the feedback that is just angry rambling (like this one) is certainly a waste of time.

Justo ahora, (XBOX)Regxxh dijo:

According to my argument, complaining for the sake of complaining is a mistake, and you could label certain pieces of player feedback as "complaining for the sake of complaining". This doesn't mean all feedback is a mistake, but the feedback that is just angry rambling (like this one) is certainly a waste of time.

Why try to maintain coherence within the story of a game, right? anyway,

38 minutes ago, TitoElKehTeFokah said:

We are literally talking about a warframe that has fallen into a kind of symbiosis with sentient energy.

As much as the original idea behind Revenant was that of a vampire. The current Revenant has nothing to do with it. If they want to try to amake a real vamire style warframe, they should try with the original frame leading to Revenant, Warden.

Like it or not, the first thing you think of when you hear Revenant is precisely sentient energy. And his skills focus precisely on sentient themes.

No there is no symbiosis. What happened is that Revenant or well the Warden (though not his Orokin designition iirc but that of the ostron) got sucked into a lake, or sacrificed itself (got sacrificed by its operator) to remove the link to the plains that the eidolons needed to emerge. What we fight on the plains isnt the actual frame either, it is a specter of the frame, something automated that kicked in due to getting juiced up on eidolon energy.

Only his 4 has a sentient, no not even that, an eidolon theme, due to sharing a lightshow with one of the mechano zeds. Mesmer Skin has some fragments that can be eidolon looking, though I'm not sure how the transparent goo looking thing on his shoulder looks anything like a synova. His #1 and #3 are straight up vampiric themed, I mean those are two of the most notable traits of a vampire, enthralling people and turning into a mist aswell as leeching people. Mesmer Skin, the idea of it is simply a play on the mesmerizing and seductive nature of vampires in lore. Danse however is uhm odd, but it probably got thrown in cos they needed something eidolon looking. A simple animation change to it would solve any issue regarding a prime. Just give it more of a shadow or death theme to fit the name which practically means dance of death.

1 minute ago, TitoElKehTeFokah said:

Why try to maintain coherence within the story of a game, right? anyway,

Yes, but you forgot one thing: "Why try to maintain coherence within the story of the game when it's not your story and you have no control over the creative direction the game decides to take".

fixed.

12 minutes ago, TitoElKehTeFokah said:

Prime versions are original versions of an warframe. I have not misunderstood what a prime is, thank you.

Revenant Prime is the one that fused with the Sentient. You're welcome.

13 minutes ago, TitoElKehTeFokah said:

And the skin they have shown fits if they followed the original Revenant line, which would be a vampire-type warframe.

It would also fit if Revenant had the ability to leech health, mesmerize enemies, and become intangible. Wait...

17 minutes ago, TitoElKehTeFokah said:

Prime versions are original versions of an warframe.

Just want to point out the sneaky edit. You originally said "Primes are upgraded versions of an original warframe". Usually when you change the content of what you say, you acknowledge that you were incorrect before amending your statement.

Archived