Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx Has Been Neglected For Too Long

Bitfly

Pretty much EVERY other frame had some kind of major change(/improvement) to their skills,

but Nyx... It seems like she's long forgotten. I've tried messaging several DE employees, all of

them ensuring that they will look at her, but it seems that they need a large volume of players

to complain before they will even consider doing anything.

Mind controlling 1 target? Throwing some bolts that deals next-to-no damage and hardly hits?

Come on DE, it's time to stop neglecting Nyx and show her some love.

Well I can't say she's been neglected too badly. Seems like every so often we hear about them attempting to fix the issues with Psychic bolts and Absorb. I'll leave it up to the hardcore Nyx players to tell me how that's going, but I'd say she's not out of the spotlight.

Please leave small assumptions and ignorance out of this topic if you don't use Nyx.

All those small "fixes" made over time has never improved her and are definitely not reworks. 

(mostly they have just been fixing her skills after they broke as well.. and the psychic bolt change was a fail)

Nyx really needs a look.

psychic bolts is EKCUSFDHYG,

mind control is 'Sokay' Def needs buff/changes, but it's usable currently.

Chaos needs "Power In Use" removed and it'll be fine. I don't care if casting it again removes the previous cast.

Absorb needs a revamp. there's a power that practically does the same thing, but is much better. (antimatter drop)

Eh she hasn't been looked at much because outside of psychic bolts, there really isn't much to work on.

I agree that her absorb could use the delay between bubble removal and the blast cut down a bit, and the damage on her psychic bolts either needs to be boosted or given a CC effect, but other than that, everything else she does functions perfectly fine and isn't in a sorry state like a couple of the other frames.

In short, she's just a lower priority because things are working well enough right now.

Nyx is still one of the three best frames in the game for content over level 100, due to the fact that her Chaos doesn't care if targets are level 1 or 1000 -- it incapacitates them all and isn't limited in utility based on situation, like a Snow Globe or Bastille.

Banshee, Ember, and Volt are in much more need of any kind of attention than Nyx.

I wish her 1st ability would be changed  alittle. The ability should make an enemy into an ally, more or less. It sucks that players can kill an enemy that was hit with this ability.

Other than that, I find her to be a pretty nice frame

I wish her 1st ability would be changed  alittle. The ability should make an enemy into an ally, more or less. It sucks that players can kill an enemy that was hit with this ability.

Trolls would Mind Control the last enemy in a defense wave, endlessly, if that were the case.

Mind Control - extremely useful, you can MC Ancient Healer, Grineer Bombard, or Corpus MOAs. Play with Vauban friend, and you can make a mobile turret out of an enemy and a bunch of Teslas. You just need to know how tu use it properly.

Those Daggers - (so sh*tty ability, that I can't even remember it's name). Just one more slot to forma and to put stuff like Thief's Wit on...

Chaos - Extremely useful on defence and survival missions. Especially on high-level ones, since it's "damage" raises with enemies level. Can outclass even M-Prime when there is a bunch of lvl 200+ enemies.

Coming from someone who has every frame and leveled them all to 30 (aside from Vabaun who i'm still working on), there are a lot of other frames who need more help. My personal list looks like this:

PERFECTLY FINE (every power is useful/good):

Nova

Rhino

Loki (arguably mostly fine, but I like all of his powers a lot)

Trinity (arguable, but again, I use every power she has)

MOSTLY FINE (almost every power is useful/good):

Saryn

Nyx

Excalibur

Mag

Nekros

Vaubaun

COULD USE HELP (some good powers, some bad or redundant):

Ash

Volt

Banshee

Frost (yes, snowglobe is ridiculously good, but his other powers aren't so great)

REALLY NEDS HELP (Most powers useless or redundant):

Ember (all powers bascially meh fire damage. That's what guns are for.)

Nyx really needs a look.

psychic bolts is EKCUSFDHYG,

mind control is 'Sokay' Def needs buff/changes, but it's usable currently.

Chaos needs "Power In Use" removed and it'll be fine. I don't care if casting it again removes the previous cast.

Absorb needs a revamp. there's a power that practically does the same thing, but is much better. (antimatter drop)

Nyx is fine. I felt the "power in use" handicap too, and I countered it. Corrupted mods were a blessing. Fleeting Expertise is my best friend. Now my Chaos last for about half its original duration, allowing me to refresh it more often, and it costs less energy (I NEVER run out of energy with Nyx).

Obviously mind control's duration is shorter too, but it's always been more of a short-term relationship than a marriage.

Paired with Overextended, Chaos and MC can reach really long distances.

Nyx is about control, and now that her abilities are fixed, she's back being THE goddess of control.

No effective damaging abilities? No need when enemies are shooting among themselves.

No panic button? There's no "panic" while playing a Nyx.

Nyx is fine, she just need the right mods.

Absorb is ultra bad.

Nyx is fine. I felt the "power in use" handicap too, and I countered it. Corrupted mods were a blessing. Fleeting Expertise is my best friend. Now my Chaos last for about half its original duration, allowing me to refresh it more often, and it costs less energy (I NEVER run out of energy with Nyx).

Obviously mind control's duration is shorter too, but it's always been more of a short-term relationship than a marriage.

Paired with Overextended, Chaos and MC can reach really long distances.

Nyx is about control, and now that her abilities are fixed, she's back being THE goddess of control.

No effective damaging abilities? No need when enemies are shooting among themselves.

No panic button? There's no "panic" while playing a Nyx.

Nyx is fine, she just need the right mods.

I have those mods on my Nyx too. But let me say that one power does not a frame make. The rest of her powers bar maybe mind control need to be removed and replaced.

Edited by Meatuchu

COULD USE HELP (some good powers, some bad or redundant):

Ash

Volt

Banshee

Frost (yes, snowglobe is ridiculously good, but his other powers aren't so great)

Ash? Blade Storm, with good power efficiency mods, makes you almost invincible as you become a living AoE that deals incredibly high amounts of damage to everything, no questions asked. Smoke Screen allows you to one-hit wonder most enemies with melee attacks. Shruiken, while not a money card, is still viable. Teleport has limited use, but use none the less.

As for Volt, I'd say his Speed and Overload are pretty good as they are. Not to mention Electric Shield and the strangely handy augmentations it applies to weapons. Shock is like Ash's Shruiken.

Banshee? I admit she's a bit limited on use at the moment, but you have to admit that Sonar has some great synergy with powerful weapons on heavy units.

Finally, Frost. Snow Globe is already such a wonderfully powerful ability to use, I feel like asking for anything more is being greedy. Also, Avalanche/Ice Wave have use in eliminating low-armor/ice-sensitive units such as Moa and Shield Osprey. He could be considered a one-trick pony, but if a weapon performs its function (defense in this case) perfectly, why change it?

Edit: I forgot to mention the Warframe this thread was about. In my opinion, Nyx just needs a small buff to Mind Control to prevent team members from murdering it. If that gets done, then she serves her function perfectly: controlling the minds of enemies.

Edited by Nitresco

Ash? Blade Storm, with good power efficiency mods, makes you almost invincible as you become a living AoE that deals incredibly high amounts of damage to everything, no questions asked. Smoke Screen allows you to one-hit wonder most enemies with melee attacks. Shruiken, while not a money card, is still viable. Teleport has limited use, but use none the less.

As for Volt, I'd say his Speed and Overload are pretty good as they are. Not to mention Electric Shield and the strangely handy augmentations it applies to weapons. Shock is like Ash's Shruiken.

Banshee? I admit she's a bit limited on use at the moment, but you have to admit that Sonar has some great synergy with powerful weapons on heavy units.

Finally, Frost. Snow Globe is already such a wonderfully powerful ability to use, I feel like asking for anything more is being greedy. Also, Avalanche/Ice Wave have use in eliminating low-armor/ice-sensitive units such as Moa and Shield Osprey. He could be considered a one-trick pony, but if a weapon performs its function (defense in this case) perfectly, why change it?

Edit: I forgot to mention the Warframe this thread was about. In my opinion, Nyx just needs a small buff to Mind Control to prevent team members from murdering it. If that gets done, then she serves her function perfectly: controlling the minds of enemies.

Notice the (some good powers, some bad or redundant). Even if the warframes listed here have a really good power, or two really good powers, ALL powers should be useful in some way. Shuriken, Teleport, Shock, Overload (you can shoot things to death much faster than this thing's pathetic damage, and shooting things doesn't cause a self stun), Silence, Freeze, Ice Wave, all of them have such limited use you're better off bringing a passive warframe buff.

Since we have such powerful guns, most powers need to offer something a gun wouldn't. Yes, you can use shuriken to kill people, but why don't you jsut shoot them? It's faster and doesn't cost energy.

Nyx' powers are mostly useful, (hence the mostly fine category). Aside from Psychic Bolts, her powers are fine and offer something a gun doesn't.