Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's add "PvP" in warframe in shape of syndicate rally

Seeing that one Tenno bringing "evergreen reward" again, and exploring other games, maybe we need that one massive resource sink as PvP.

This time, I took notes from Postknight. Basically a kiddie game where you deliver things through dangerous paths with division once you clear a big portion of the game

In that game, you have divisions (syndicates in warframe) and you compete with other divisions to gain the most points using resources (loot) you've collected so far, giving those things you've collected in your play time some use once you're done with the grind, for another grind (that's what evergreen reward in my view). For the reward, I'd say an emblem with numbers of how many season your syndicate of choice have won, giving you that one swag point and probably some tokens to buy that syndicate exclusive fashion (warframe skin, weapon skin, sentinel skin, etc) that isn't available for standing

So, how does it work? You basically donate your resources as points, with calculation as listed

- Common material : 10 points per 1,000 donated

- Uncommon material : 20 points per 100 donated

- Rare material : 30 points per 10 donated

Every day, the requirement changes, means you better have diverse stock of resources to keep gaining points and there are ranks in syndicate too, showing who donated the most in said syndicate for better amount of tokens obtained at the end of the season. In short, you vs the syndicate members vs the world to be the best donator in your syndicate to bring your syndicate to victory

Requirement to join this syndicate race? Being MR 16 and  cleared all star chart nodes + railjack nodes, indicating you're at least have progressed far enough and have all places for every resources and less chance you will need said resource for any time soon to prevent newbies from spending their needed resources

Grind away, Tenno

Resources of what kind? New items collected in the gamemode I'd imagine? Otherwise vets with large stockpiles would just dump their horde and cash out immediately and never touch it again. Though once a player had all the cosmetics and one-off rewards they'd never touch it again either. Or if the "evergreen" reward wasn't worthwhile they'd never bother to begin with. At the end of the day, extrinsic rewards are not conducive to long-term engagement. If the content isn't fun and intrinsically rewarding on its own then it'll just be another temporary distraction. I'm always in favor of having new stuff to do, but if it isn't fun then there isn't much of a point.

The only way i see to save the Conclave is to actualy get rid of the "PVP" part. 

make it a some sort of arena where enemies keep spawning every damn second, getting increasingly more strong.

maybe putting some bonus and malus each 5/10 minutes with a bigger reward in conclave standing. 

thing is that PVP and Warframe are two different universes that will never get along. 

DE has had a period in which they tried to increase player investment trough pvp systems. It took them around 2-3 years to be able to reflect upon that as a huge flop and they haven't been doing much with PvP ever since for a reason. PvP does not make DE much money, it doesn't keep players invested because nobody ever started playing warframe for its PvP content.

Oh and PvP being in the neglected zone, I approve. It is one of the best decisions DE has ever made. Next up would be to nuke conclave out of existence for good. Dark sectors/solar rails have been removed too and to me that was the only meaningful/fun PvP content.

Yeah, no. If I wanna PvP in the actual sense I'd play a PvP game, or maybe accidentally stumble into conclave for some odd otherworldly reason. I wouldnt sit down and collect resources and turn them into some NPC while having zero interaction with another player in the so called "PvP" mode. Same reason why I dont give a crap about ladders, since there is no enemy to curbstomp, or have them curbstomp me in real time action.

15 hours ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

Seeing that one Tenno bringing "evergreen reward" again, and exploring other games, maybe we need that one massive resource sink as PvP.

This time, I took notes from Postknight. Basically a kiddie game where you deliver things through dangerous paths with division once you clear a big portion of the game

In that game, you have divisions (syndicates in warframe) and you compete with other divisions to gain the most points using resources (loot) you've collected so far, giving those things you've collected in your play time some use once you're done with the grind, for another grind (that's what evergreen reward in my view). For the reward, I'd say an emblem with numbers of how many season your syndicate of choice have won, giving you that one swag point and probably some tokens to buy that syndicate exclusive fashion (warframe skin, weapon skin, sentinel skin, etc) that isn't available for standing

So, how does it work? You basically donate your resources as points, with calculation as listed

- Common material : 10 points per 1,000 donated

- Uncommon material : 20 points per 100 donated

- Rare material : 30 points per 10 donated

Every day, the requirement changes, means you better have diverse stock of resources to keep gaining points and there are ranks in syndicate too, showing who donated the most in said syndicate for better amount of tokens obtained at the end of the season. In short, you vs the syndicate members vs the world to be the best donator in your syndicate to bring your syndicate to victory

Requirement to join this syndicate race? Being MR 16 and  cleared all star chart nodes + railjack nodes, indicating you're at least have progressed far enough and have all places for every resources and less chance you will need said resource for any time soon to prevent newbies from spending their needed resources

Grind away, Tenno

I feel the mark is just slightly missed here. Syndicates competing with each other is a interesting concept that makes the world feel a bit more alive. But the resource dump feels just bland and I feel wouldn't go over well with people already upset with the new helminth resource dump needed to get rank 15.

BUT, maybe make it a bit more interactive and simple. Everyone should be able to enter this sort of "battle" as long as you're in the syndicate. Maybe once a week or month a tally is taken. How many syndicate missions were completed per side? How many people took out syndicate hit squads? How many hit squads downed Tenno? How many medallions were turned in for rep? Stuff like that.

(thinking a lil bit about it I can definitely see people getting petty about their syndicates hit team attacking a rando in pub and not helping lol) 

Maybe make a sort of "gold" reward for the winning syndicates, and the syndicate's allies receive a "silver" reward. It would feel less competitive but anyone can join in and get invested in their syndicate.

edit: Thought about what the rewards could be, though maybe a TAD bit controversial, Gold prize is a token that lets you get 1 free reward from any of the syndicates, Silver prize could be similar but the token only lets you get items Rank 3 or lower rewards from any syndicate.

I love how people are saying "no" when if you read it op is basically suggesting something that has been in Warframe for many years.

Every points based event that has ever been.

Do things, earn points, get stuff,

21 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

Otherwise vets with large stockpiles would just dump their horde and cash out immediately and never touch it again.

If those vets dump their horde and cash out at the end of the season, it's their choice. If they run out of resources for the next season, it's up to them if they want to climb to the top of the rank again or not and get a swag point as "top person" in a syndicate

21 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

Though once a player had all the cosmetics and one-off rewards they'd never touch it again either. Or if the "evergreen" reward wasn't worthwhile they'd never bother to begin with.

Well, you have any better idea? My idea so far is seeing how often you sit on the top as "top donator", increasing with every time you reach first position within the winning syndicate

Also, the token may be changed to syndicate medallion instead, with hefty price for their exclusive items

37 minutes ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

Well, you have any better idea?

Fun gameplay? The intrinsic value of competitive content is the competition itself, the act of competing against and overcoming some equal opponent. If you're just donating materials to a vendor then it's basically just a shop.

If the goal is Syndicate PvEvP then maybe let the players supporting a faction do PvE missions on that faction's behalf, like the existing Invasions system. If it doesn't absolutely have to be non-PvP then opposing players could maybe invade your missions like in Destiny's Gambit. Using Conclave loadouts and abilities could help keep the PvE balanced while also allowing for this to work. Victory in the missions could help expand or defend your faction's territory, and at the end of the campaign players could get tokens for their chosen faction's rewards shop depending on their contribution. Rewards could include new cosmetics and one-off things as well as evergreens like Forma, resources, Rivens, and the like. Look up Chromehound's Neroimus War which was very similarly structured to what I'm talking about.

For competitive content, long term gameplay > short term rewards. I'm playing War Thunder right now even though I despise its developers because it's just a lot of fun to play and use my skill to be victorious over other players. ETA: So yeah, focus on the gameplay before worrying about the shop. What do you actually do in this idea of yours?

Pvp doesn't work in the game, conclave is the radioactive barren wasteland of the game.  Nuke the mode move stuff to steel path and nightwave and done. Competitive pvp doesn't work in warframe, pvp is fine for fun silly things like frame fighter. The only effort de should do for pvp is komi and more frame fighter character unlocks

On 2021-07-03 at 11:09 AM, PublikDomain said:

Fun gameplay? The intrinsic value of competitive content is the competition itself, the act of competing against and overcoming some equal opponent. If you're just donating materials to a vendor then it's basically just a shop.

Considering our power being overkill, that would mean we need to see more spectralyst on Jupiter where it copies your warframe and loadout (may you never meet inaros because you're not going to enjoy being locked for several minutes while it's consuming you)

If the goal is Syndicate PvEvP then maybe let the players supporting a faction do PvE missions on that faction's behalf, like the existing Invasions system. If it doesn't absolutely have to be non-PvP then opposing players could maybe invade your missions like in Destiny's Gambit. Using Conclave loadouts and abilities could help keep the PvE balanced while also allowing for this to work. Victory in the missions could help expand or defend your faction's territory, and at the end of the campaign players could get tokens for their chosen faction's rewards shop depending on their contribution. Rewards could include new cosmetics and one-off things as well as evergreens like Forma, resources, Rivens, and the like. Look up Chromehound's Neroimus War which was very similarly structured to what I'm talking about.

Pretty sure conclave loadout is heavily despised because it doesn't take your time and power invested, I think I saw one thread about that.

And what faction territory we're talking about? Because pretty sure there's no territory other than grineer/corpus/infested in invasions and it doesn't help with those who want to dump their resources so they can grind it again (yes, I've seen some like that) and that evergreen is easily dismissed as not evergreen because "I have millions of it as a veteran" and I have a living proof of that person

focus on the gameplay

Considering our gameplay being overpowered Tenno, what kind of gameplay that isn't "boring"?

On 2021-07-01 at 10:33 PM, Uhkretor said:

... I'm sorry,  but this title makes no sense...

... Nor the following discussion that's going to happen after my post...

do you have to post something edgy and cringy like that in every reply you make to every post lol

42 minutes ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

And what faction territory we're talking about?

Know how Liches can control nodes and you can see it on the map? And you can toggle between different views of the Starchart (Regular vs SP)? Something like that.

46 minutes ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

Considering our gameplay being overpowered Tenno, what kind of gameplay that isn't "boring"?

If you're not willing to give up being overpowered then there will never be gameplay that isn't boring.

7 hours ago, -Moctezuma- said:

do you have to post something edgy and cringy like that in every reply you make to every post lol

Fixed that for you. You're welcome.

No, I only post that on topics that actually deserve it... Unlike popular, or your, belief it isn't 99% of the threads.

Cant have fair competition in a game as broken and unbalanced as WF.

And DE will never do anything like that cause they know they cant fix it and dont want more drama (even if drama wold revitalized the game) Just like they removed Dark sector conflicts entirely instead of fixing/improving how they work.

5 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

Fixed that for you. You're welcome.

No, I only post that on topics that actually deserve it... Unlike popular, or your, belief it isn't 99% of the threads.

once again, don't cut yourself on that edge 

Cat Dancing GIF by TikTok

On 2021-07-02 at 10:52 AM, TomCruisesSon said:

I feel the mark is just slightly missed here. Syndicates competing with each other is a interesting concept that makes the world feel a bit more alive. But the resource dump feels just bland and I feel wouldn't go over well with people already upset with the new helminth resource dump needed to get rank 15.

BUT, maybe make it a bit more interactive and simple. Everyone should be able to enter this sort of "battle" as long as you're in the syndicate. Maybe once a week or month a tally is taken. How many syndicate missions were completed per side? How many people took out syndicate hit squads? How many hit squads downed Tenno? How many medallions were turned in for rep? Stuff like that.

(thinking a lil bit about it I can definitely see people getting petty about their syndicates hit team attacking a rando in pub and not helping lol) 

Maybe make a sort of "gold" reward for the winning syndicates, and the syndicate's allies receive a "silver" reward. It would feel less competitive but anyone can join in and get invested in their syndicate.

edit: Thought about what the rewards could be, though maybe a TAD bit controversial, Gold prize is a token that lets you get 1 free reward from any of the syndicates, Silver prize could be similar but the token only lets you get items Rank 3 or lower rewards from any syndicate.

This sounds interesting, but I must ask - many players belong to more than one syndicate, so how would we handle that?

On 2021-07-02 at 10:34 AM, elmetnuter said:

I"d rather have Raids including Sindicates.

A syndicate-flavored raid sounds interesting!

8 minutes ago, Anaktoria said:

This sounds interesting, but I must ask - many players belong to more than one syndicate, so how would we handle that?

It's definitely not fully thought out on my part lol

Maybe you only get rewarded based on who you contributed to the most. Possibly give leeway if you contributed only to allied syndicates. And if you equally contributed to conflicting syndicates you get nothing for playing both sides lol.

Archived