Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Honest question - What's the game design point of making new frames in the current state of the game (other than monetary reasons)

3 hours ago, Zimzala said:

That's nice.

Why does creative output for Entertainment have to be more efficient?

Are you just wanting to re-structure how DE produces it's product? If so, I suggest the Job listings or heavily investing.

Total numerical options vs entertainment based on Frames is silly in terms of a formula anyway.

From a player perspective, the impact you give mathematically does not translate to the variety a different Frame brings into the mix, just for starters.

This is about Entertaining people, not trying to create the most mathematically efficient event horizon.

Mathematical efficiency is for book-keeping and bean counting, not creative output for Entertainment, IME.

I gave you a numerical representation because you accused me of wanting only my opinions being recognized by the game. As I said you can add multipliers to balance out the relevancy, but you still seemed to have missed the point entirely. I'm trying my best to show you that adding new systems (variables) improves variety and fun more so than any new frame could dream of achieving. It is not my opinion, others agree and maths is on my side. But carry on, you'll probably find something else to nit-pick in my response.

I'm with you. I think we're swamped with frames and more than a couple have apparently been quite forgotten following release (Grendel and Sevagoth spring to mind), in need of further tweaks to be sure, but have been left behind in the rush to move on to the next frame. I'd probably be less bothered with the pace of new warframes being released if the developers really polished off the latest one before leaving it on the shelf.

As to why they're being churned out, I too would suspect it's largely down to player retention. Let's face it Warframe is a shallow game, a superficial looter shooter where the grind for and idea of getting a new shiny is a bigger rush than actually owning said shiny. Not a complaint by the way, I still have a blast playing this game for the slick and frantic combat system and largely lovely community.

I'm not too interested in Yareli but the introduction of the Sisters and a bunch of new Corpus toys to plink around with is certainly keeping me entertained. Galvanised mods are really sweet too.

14 hours ago, (XBOX)NuclearSquiddy said:

I gave you a numerical representation because you accused me of wanting only my opinions being recognized by the game. As I said you can add multipliers to balance out the relevancy, but you still seemed to have missed the point entirely. I'm trying my best to show you that adding new systems (variables) improves variety and fun more so than any new frame could dream of achieving. It is not my opinion, others agree and maths is on my side. But carry on, you'll probably find something else to nit-pick in my response.

And I do not disagree that your opinion on adding new content in ways beyond new frames is a valid approach.

I am stating that using math is this way to constrain creative people is not the way to build quality Entertainment.

You are still arguing for 'highest mathematical ROI' on what is essentially a creative process, IMO.

Nothing in the idea of adding other, more costly and complex systems as content precludes the idea of continuing to add more frames for variety.

The point of new frames is to add variety, that's the answer the question you asked.

You can argue about other things adding more or less variety and be right or wrong, with no bearing on teh answer that adding frames adds variety.

So the honest answer to your honest question is still and will remain, "Variety", even if you think other systems add more variety at a higher mathematical/statistical rate.

If you think you can direct the company's creative resources in a more efficient manner, feel free to sign onto teh dev team.

Archived