Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff stripping in Warframe (Nullifiers/Out Of Bounds)

Scar.brother.help.me

You guys have no Idea how much of a problem this is for me. When you build your warframe around their strong and weak sides, when you count on their buffs and abilities, when you build up your baffs at the start of the mission and run through the level and then you get a Nullifier in a corridoor, somewhere around the corner and this mf-er strips you of almost all you got and you have to rebuff it all over again of just continue running with nothing you relied on. 
Same when you bullet jump too high or fall down. Can I somehow ever get a huge QoL improvement and stop losing all I have on me but instead of it - have it all MUTED as a debuff with delay for touching a Bubble of falling off the imaginary leven bounds (that are not always clear btw). 

In my beautiful Warframe of my dreams I keep all the buffs and auras on me and the timers continue to run out every time I touch the Null field or fall off the bridge but gets shut down for 5 seconds (keeps muted while I am inside the field) and then comes back online - some Corpus enemies make a pulse that temporary shuts down ablities - could be with the same visual effect like magnetic proc or smth. All other mechanics can stay as they are + I would be glad if Nullifier Crewman got much more beefy and had some stronger weapons.

And also Magnetic element could have some extra damage same as they do to shields, block their growth on procs and effects against fields (like popping it or at least stick projectiles to the fields so they don't bounse away but explode on touch).

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Scar.brother.help.me said:

Another bump, does it only bother me and a few people? I don't beleive it.

Actually I don't really understand what you wrote in your original post....obviously you're venting your frustration about Nullifiers but the exact details are hard to follow.... We don't even know which Warframe you were using.... 😱

They're probably referring to the issues like some Warframes being outrageously squishy without their buffs, so constantly having to reapply a bunch of buffs every time you so much as graze a Nullifier or fall out of bounds, is rather vexing?

People have suggested the Muting effect in the past, but DE hasn't seemed to have picked up on it.

I also agree with a comment further up about Nullifiers doing too much.
It's one thing to block powers, it's another to remove them, their bubble also has a damage gate so it's bothersome to remove, and they have a sniper rifle that does outrageous damage and is more accurate the further away you are.
You could have four different, unique and interesting enemies that do each of these things and use them strategically to encourage different play-styles throughout the mission.

On 2021-10-26 at 6:36 AM, blazinvire said:

People have suggested the Muting effect in the past, but DE hasn't seemed to have picked up on it.

I'd support this too. I hate Nullifiers in general, but having them suppress buffs instead of eliminating them outright would both ease frustration in environments saturated with bubbles, and prevent mini-abuse cases tied to launching oneself into a Nullifier bubble specifically to refresh a non-recastable buff (which shouldn't exist anyway because that buff would be better off being recastable while active to start with). As for falling out of bounds, I also agree that there's no reason for it to strip our buffs. In both instances, I think it's a case of hostile design where DE specifically wants to reduce our otherwise always-on ability uptime, and hasn't really considered or cared about how the present means of doing so aren't actually fun.

Archived