Non prime weapon looked better (Nami Skyla)

So I love the Nami Skyla dual swords but for as nice as the prime variation looks, I like the non prime variant cosmetically better. It would be nice to be able to choose whether we want to choose between the prime and regular cosmetics like we can for Warframes.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, DonGheddo said:

subjective.

It was presented as such. And also suggested as an option to choose. Don't just read the title...

@sakuraphenixThis has been suggested many times - and it's still something I highly promote!

• Like 5

yeah, DE does go a bit OTT with some of the prime weapons. I never thought there was such thing as a truly ugly Dagger, until Karyst prime appeared: it looks like the blacksmith had a seizure while shaping the blade lol.

an option like this would be nice, as would more skins that use the vanilla weapon's form but with unique decoration, such as the Solstice Skins. 

Honestly, DE needs to give us a Helminth for non prime weapons. 
Well, not literally Helminth. Just a way to turn non prime weapons into Skins. Only thing you can do with a non prime weapon once you get the Primed version is sell it for credits. 
Let us turn them into skins :|

Yup, there's several examples where the prime is a big upgrade in performance, but I'm less interested due to its appearance.    Baza, Destreza, Aksomati, Akstilletto are the first ones that come to mind for me.  (Common theme among these is the prime looks less like a weapon and more like a toy than the original to my eye.)  Then there's several more where I'd just enjoy switching to the original skin from time to time.

This is a feature that's been requested as long as I've been around, and probably well before that.  So maybe it's not  as easy to implement as it might seem.

On 2021-07-04 at 6:17 AM, Reitrix said:

Honestly, DE needs to give us a Helminth for non prime weapons. 
Well, not literally Helminth. Just a way to turn non prime weapons into Skins. Only thing you can do with a non prime weapon once you get the Primed version is sell it for credits. 
Let us turn them into skins :|

yeah, that's called just giving the prime version an option for a non prime skin

you know, like frames do.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nerfinator6 said:

yeah, that's called just giving the prime version an option for a non prime skin

you know, like frames do.

You misunderstand. I don't mean to just let a non prime skin be usable on its prime version. That should just be a default, kind of like being able to toggle prime features on Frames.

I mean to turn any non prime weapon into a skin for its category of weapon.

As of now, once you have it primed, you sell the non prime for a pittance of credits. I want to take the material and time investments for those non prime weapons and make them useful beyond just being Mastery fodder.