Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

OLD Reflex Guard Revert

UdsUds

45% 55%chance auto parry. Please bring the old effect back. + Increase Parry angle by 100% (Just checked wiki history and WOA)

100% combo chance gain on block seems really underwhelming and pretty pointless as you can just melee attack or kill an enemy.

5 hours ago, quxier said:

Why? In quick-melee mode you auto-pary automatically & in full-melee it's better to block manually.

But Reflex Guard currently loses its old function and usefulness. As it is now, Do you have a build that centers around it? OR at least uses Reflex Guard to most of its extent "100% combo chance when blocking only".

• By the time  you justify that it is useful as it is, let  me point out that  blocking is limited by blocking angle.
  • And gaining combo counter while blocking and taking more damage compared to the meager gain is not worth a mod slot.

On contrary the OLD Reflex Guard has perks when using along with guns and abilities.

• Allows blocking without a melee  (citation needed)
  • Increase Parry angle by 100% ( I just checked wiki, now  I'm thinking Why TF it  was change to the current version)
  • CON: Niche double edge effect that it will cancel reload action when it triggers.
  • Allows parry when using CERTAIN ability;  peace maker,  sound  quake,  etc.
  • Synergize well with Arcane Phantasma ~ blocking angle currently can only be increase by 1 mod "Focused Defense"

2 hours ago, UdsUds said:

Allows blocking without a melee  (citation needed)

As I said:

8 hours ago, quxier said:

In quick-melee mode you auto-pary automatically & in full-melee it's better to block manually.

• By the time  you justify that it is useful as it is, let  me point out that  blocking is limited by blocking angle.
  • And gaining combo counter while blocking and taking more damage compared to the meager gain is not worth a mod slot.

I'm not saying it's good. I think only few weapons gains something from blocking. I think sword & shield gains something. One of syndicate weapons gains blinding effect but the implementation suck. However it's just old stuffs weren't good either.

Increase Parry angle by 100% ( I just checked wiki, now  I'm thinking Why TF it  was change to the current version)

I'm not sure if it's useful.

Synergize well with Arcane Phantasma ~ blocking angle currently can only be increase by 1 mod "Focused Defense"

AP triggers by anything...

Allows parry when using CERTAIN ability;  peace maker,  sound  quake,  etc.

Ok, you have 55% to not get hit... 45% will still kill you...

1 hour ago, quxier said:

I'm not saying it's good. I think only few weapons gains something from blocking. I think sword & shield gains something. One of syndicate weapons gains blinding effect but the implementation suck. However it's just old stuffs weren't good either.

You already answered your question, "~Why?"

As to the "Old stuffs weren't that good", the +parry angle alone is way better rather

than gaining increase combo chance when blocking.

Another point, tested this myself, Arcane Phantasma was easier to trigger with the OLD Reflex Guard

1 hour ago, quxier said:

Ok, you have 55% to not get hit... 45% will still kill you...

Yes 45% can still kill you the OLD way but the NEW way? ~ You wont even equip Reflex Guard.

9 minutes ago, UdsUds said:

Another point, tested this myself, Arcane Phantasma was easier to trigger with the OLD Reflex Guard

*Heavy gunner and another hundreds of bullets say HI*

I don't know how it could be easier than just moving. I don't do anything special and when I'm near enemies I just get this buff.

9 minutes ago, UdsUds said:

As to the "Old stuffs weren't that good", the +parry angle alone is way better rather

than gaining increase combo chance when blocking.

I don't know about +parry angle. When you are blocking & gaining combos that means you are maintaining your combo. That's, in my opinion, good reason.

11 minutes ago, UdsUds said:

Yes 45% can still kill you the OLD way but the NEW way? ~ You wont even equip Reflex Guard.

That's because this game melee system is so.... I don't know... "basic". Either way both things are very niche.

2 hours ago, Rawbeard said:

does it still interrupt your actions when the auto parry triggers?

No auto parry anymore, but OLD Reflex Guard  used to interrupt action in some cases ~but can be bypass?!.

@quxier What is you point? Do you use the current reflex guard? - I'm sure you don't.

12 hours ago, Rawbeard said:

does it still interrupt your actions when the auto parry triggers?

Since DE below deck changed what effects trigger block animation (and seem to have removed on-attack overwrite recovery time from block too), its extremely unlikely that it would interrupt actions or force a animation, same way how Primed Sure Footed got fixed to no longer be a worse stun than the knockdown it blocked when it was buffed to give 2 levels of stagger stage reduction and actually made 100% instead of the 99.7% (wiki is still outdated tho on all of that).

You are saying that if the Devs ever revert the Old Reflex Guard effect, it will remove the CON of action interruption? (even better!)

Also

1 hour ago, Andele3025 said:

Primed Sure Footed got fixed to no longer be a worse stun than the knockdown it blocked when it was buffed to give 2 levels of stagger stage reduction and actually made 100%

The thing is with Reflex Guard is it wasn't buff at all...

Through testing more yesterday that 100% combo addition is WAY WAY WORSE than 55% auto parry + 100% Increase combo angle. Heck for rank 10 mod to be ONLY the same level as "True Punishment". - AND- Yes tested that "true punishment" works the same when blocking.

8 hours ago, UdsUds said:

The thing is with Reflex Guard is it wasn't buff at all...

I was explaining that at least based on other mechanics, it shouldnt cause the block stun/interrupt effect for some 1.4s~ if it were its 55% chance to auto block form.

4 hours ago, Andele3025 said:

I was explaining that at least based on other mechanics, it shouldnt cause the block stun/interrupt effect for some 1.4s~ if it were its 55% chance to auto block form.

I see. To be frank though, I don't mind the interruption as the pros out weights it. (Talking about the OLD Reflex Guard effect)

If we ever receive a revert though I wouldn't mind removing the interruption on it.

On 2021-07-05 at 1:12 PM, UdsUds said:
  • On contrary the OLD Reflex Guard has perks when using along with guns and abilities.
  • Allows blocking without a melee  (citation needed)
  • Increase Parry angle by 100% ( I just checked wiki, now  I'm thinking Why TF it  was change to the current version)
  • CON: Niche double edge effect that it will cancel reload action when it triggers.
  • Allows parry when using CERTAIN ability;  peace maker,  sound  quake,  etc.
  • Synergize well with Arcane Phantasma ~ blocking angle currently can only be increase by 1 mod "Focused Defense"

You forgot to mention something! Getting Animation locked parrying bullets, it was a hilarious bug but getting stun lock by animations gets old quick

10 hours ago, MadMattPrime said:

You forgot to mention something! Getting Animation locked parrying bullets, it was a hilarious bug but getting stun lock by animations gets old quick

I kinda did actually but not on the main topic.

On 2021-07-05 at 7:25 PM, UdsUds said:

No auto parry anymore, but OLD Reflex Guard  used to interrupt action in some cases ~but can be bypass?!.

Archived