Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Granum Attaché system

technozorro

Sup DE I have concerns about the Tenet Lavia and the Tenet Grigori, according to your notes the Granum attache system pauses combo timer right? Isn´t this the same as the Xoris you know that glaive that you kill because the infinite combo duration. Would you please explain how this system works because this looks like the Xoris drama again and  I don´t want to waste my time and resources on  a weapon that is going to be nerf 

The Xoris only got nerfed for use as a statstick.  It still functions fine as a melee weapon in its own right.  Better, now, due to glaive buffs.

If DE has learned from the Xoris, using a statstick ability will clear the combo like it does with the Xoris.  That might be a pretty big if, though.

39 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

The Xoris only got nerfed for use as a statstick.  It still functions fine as a melee weapon in its own right.  Better, now, due to glaive buffs.

If DE has learned from the Xoris, using a statstick ability will clear the combo like it does with the Xoris.  That might be a pretty big if, though.

Except DE didnt need to nerf the Xoris because it didnt do anything as a statstick either way other than be a regular/slightly sub par choice unless you afk a lot.

Exalted weapons got bugfixed to the way they worked pre melee 2.99998 post separation from statsticks (better technically, before combo counter was pseudo shared where buffs that depend on combo counter would be retained and combo in the background existed, but you had to re-build it for the core damage multi itself with the exalted, now exalted combo just counts as true combo counter for the sake of mods) and when the "stop making rivens slightly less P2W" xoris changes happened the only ability that didnt at least refresh combo counter now does so (while all others build it).

P.S. for op, melee combos count as equipped when using abilities that use statsticks, but it doesnt matter either way since all of them (slash dash, landslide, whipclaw and weebstorm all build combo thus refresh its duration either way).

2 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Question is, was that ever a good solution? All that really means is you're restricted from using your melee and your ability together without the latter being a parasitic influence that sabotages the capability of the former's combo-scaling mods.

I say this without a dog in the fight, I never used the Xoris for that purpose, but even from the outside I could see it just turned from a positive codependent relationship (not entirely unlike the new Dexterity gun arcanes) into a negative one.

42 minutes ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

Question is, was that ever a good solution? All that really means is you're restricted from using your melee and your ability together without the latter being a parasitic influence that sabotages the capability of the former's combo-scaling mods.

I say this without a dog in the fight, I never used the Xoris for that purpose, but even from the outside I could see it just turned from a positive codependent relationship (not entirely unlike the new Dexterity gun arcanes) into a negative one.

I similarly have no skin in this game.  I think the ideal solution would be to get rid of statsticks entirely, and then build in exalteds with buffs/nerfs accordingly.  Off topic, but Khora's current state in the game is just stupid, and couldn't have been intended.  Just spam 1 with a gimped melee, no need for power strength at all.  I know there are a lot of frames that are arguably broken, but Khora's abuse of statsticks lets her hit absurd heights.

7 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

yeah you´re right, still I don´t trust DE

9 hours ago, Andele3025 said:

Except DE didnt need to nerf the Xoris because it didnt do anything as a statstick either way other than be a regular/slightly sub par choice unless you afk a lot.

Exalted weapons got bugfixed to the way they worked pre melee 2.99998 post separation from statsticks (better technically, before combo counter was pseudo shared where buffs that depend on combo counter would be retained and combo in the background existed, but you had to re-build it for the core damage multi itself with the exalted, now exalted combo just counts as true combo counter for the sake of mods) and when the "stop making rivens slightly less P2W" xoris changes happened the only ability that didnt at least refresh combo counter now does so (while all others build it).

P.S. for op, melee combos count as equipped when using abilities that use statsticks, but it doesnt matter either way since all of them (slash dash, landslide, whipclaw and weebstorm all build combo thus refresh its duration either way).

They somewhat did though, I'd understand for pseudo exalted weapons bjt warframes that got exalted melees can't lake use of it since the liment you cast their exalted the xoris loses its combo

28 minutes ago, Nebu4 said:

They somewhat did though, I'd understand for pseudo exalted weapons bjt warframes that got exalted melees can't lake use of it since the liment you cast their exalted the xoris loses its combo

"didnt need to nerf the Xoris because" - might imply i was explaining that Xoris having its combo reset was pointless, not that it didnt happen

• 4 weeks later...
On 2021-07-05 at 6:49 AM, technozorro said:

Sup DE I have concerns about the Tenet Lavia and the Tenet Grigori, according to your notes the Granum attache system pauses combo timer right? Isn´t this the same as the Xoris you know that glaive that you kill because the infinite combo duration. Would you please explain how this system works because this looks like the Xoris drama again and  I don´t want to waste my time and resources on  a weapon that is going to be nerf 

I Will Clarify that The Granum Attache system is On most of the new tenet weapons, it is the briefcase weapon system

Archived