Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Imagine farming for void only relics for a whole day!

sauceyboii11

7 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

Imagine questioning something that millions and millions other players have successfully dealt with.

Yes I know but how do I deal with it. I only do 8-10 void capture missions per day and only get about 1 or 2 of the unvault relics :(

5 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

It's a grind game job.

Grind or yank out your wallet. That's how it works.

Fixed it for you ;)

Imagine system where you have 26 items, you do a some mission to upgrade just one item and in the end those 26 items are the same as when they weren't upgraded. It's worse than yours. You can guess what it is.

1 minute ago, quxier said:

Fixed it for you ;)

Imagine system where you have 26 items, you do a some mission to upgrade just one item and in the end those 26 items are the same as when they weren't upgraded. It's worse than yours. You can guess what it is.

Its only a job if you don't enjoy it. 

If you don't enjoy it don't play it. 

It's that simple. The day I think of a game as a job, is the day I quit playing that game. 

1 hour ago, sauceyboii11 said:

Yes I know but how do I deal with it. I only do 8-10 void capture missions per day and only get about 1 or 2 of the unvault relics :(

Then you must rethink, am i doing something wrong? Am i not doing things that all those other people might do?

Open youtube, see how others do it. Ask in PHP, how much relics do they got for how long of farming?

We got kind tenno couple of posts above me suggesting another mission with supposedly higher drop rate.

Personally i don't farm relics. I just play the game like usual, and keep steady stream of relics for me to open. i already have chroma zephyr tiberon kronen rubico and gram prime. Yes i just got em from this unvaulting, i'm a noob as well yet i already got em all. Sometimes it could also be just the mindset, if you rush farming too much, you'll get burned out and depressed faster.

3 hours ago, sauceyboii11 said:

You're MR 7 with only 55 hours played. YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ABLE TO GET EVERYTHING AT ONCE.

if you think the RNG on relics is bad, you are in for a painful experience when farming some things later on.

meanwhile I'm here probably sat here on all the relics you could ever desire and they're worth less than nothing to me. god, what I wouldn't give for a Relic Kiosk, or even a fissure mode that cracks multiple relics at once. 

3 hours ago, sauceyboii11 said:

Let's see...  8-10 void capture missions per day.  Even at a very slow 3 minutes/mission, that's only 30 minutes?  How is this "farming for a whole day"?  Come back after you've farmed Khora -- not only are her 4 blueprints mind-numbing to farm, you also need 9 kavat gene codes to build them, which is yet another kind of grind.

1 hour ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Its only a job if you don't enjoy it. 

If you don't enjoy it don't play it. 

It's that simple. The day I think of a game as a job, is the day I quit playing that game. 

Sure, I exaggerated about game being a job but it's it's not that simple. If I had stopped playing at any difficulty I wouldn't finish (or at least nearly finish) some games.

You can farm relics from more than one location. Survival, Defense, Interception, Railjack rewards, Fissures, Bounties (on all three open world planets, so if you don't like one you have two more), you can trade others for relics (some clans will just give you a bunch cus they have hundreds lying around from endless missions), Defection, Excavation, Disruption, Sanctuary Onslaught, Syndicate Standing rewards, Spy, Baro Ki'teer, etc.

You can get relics from any planet, on virtually any node in virtually any game mode, I don't see how that's a problem.

4 minutes ago, DarknessNightshade said:

You can farm relics from more than one location. Survival, Defense, Interception, Railjack rewards, Fissures, Bounties (on all three open world planets, so if you don't like one you have two more), you can trade others for relics (some clans will just give you a bunch cus they have hundreds lying around from endless missions), Defection, Excavation, Disruption, Sanctuary Onslaught, Syndicate Standing rewards, Spy, Baro Ki'teer, etc.

You can get relics from any planet, on virtually any node in virtually any game mode, I don't see how that's a problem.

Also, to clear up any other miscommunications, you can't get Vaulted relics from any game mode, they're pulled from the rotation and a new set of unvaulted relics is introduced with warframes and their weapons, rn it's Chroma and Zephyr I believe, you can't grind for Loki Prime or Saryn Prime for example because they're vaulted.

Farming? In Warframe? 

Say it isn't so!

I have a limit of what I'm willing to tolerate when it comes to relic farming. It'd be nice if we had a one stop shop node like in the Good Old Days, but we don't. I have a number of locations good for each type where you usually find people. Usually. If there are a number of things you need, then you can switch it up map, 'frame, guns, whathaveyou. 

The bad part is when you really only need one part and then you're stuck with serial farming of one spot. This can get tedious very quickly. Two to four runs are usually my limit for this sort of thing. I might came back later for a few more, but you really do need something else to break up the tedium. 

Do the whole sequence of farming is usually the worst way to possible to get things in this game. Do whatever you like usually there is a way to make plat out of it then trade plat for things. People have been complaining the prolonged and boring grind in this game for years but I don't see it changing soon. It's the core of the game.

7 hours ago, DarknessNightshade said:

Also, to clear up any other miscommunications, you can't get Vaulted relics from any game mode, they're pulled from the rotation and a new set of unvaulted relics is introduced with warframes and their weapons, rn it's Chroma and Zephyr I believe, you can't grind for Loki Prime or Saryn Prime for example because they're vaulted.

And to add a positive spin to this: all vaulted items will be unvaulted again one day (for a limited time).

When I began playing I didn't pay much attention to the prime stuff, and as a consequence I ended up with spotty coverage of the then current prime sets, and had a lot of random prime parts I couldn't build a set from.  Trying to later fill those spots I found out there was something like "vaultedness" :)  I could've spent some plat to buy any missing parts, but my personal goal is to acquire/unlock everything solo for myself first, and only go pub on repeat grinds (with the exception of radshares; I'm not *that* masochistic).

And during the previous Nova & Trinity Prime unvaulting I finally managed to complete my prime collection (I missed some Kavasa Kubrow Colar parts).  I just looked it up; Trinity got vaulted in Aug. 2017, and the unvault was in May 2020.

So it might take a year (or three...), but eventually everything will resurface.  Even most operation-exclusive items.  And in the mean time there should be *plenty* of other stuff to keep you occupied!

17 hours ago, DarknessNightshade said:

Yeah but my only problems with the capture missions are low drop chances so I might not farm too much from there but instead do bounties.

22 hours ago, Soy77 said:

Then you must rethink, am i doing something wrong? Am i not doing things that all those other people might do?

Open youtube, see how others do it. Ask in PHP, how much relics do they got for how long of farming?

We got kind tenno couple of posts above me suggesting another mission with supposedly higher drop rate.

Personally i don't farm relics. I just play the game like usual, and keep steady stream of relics for me to open. i already have chroma zephyr tiberon kronen rubico and gram prime. Yes i just got em from this unvaulting, i'm a noob as well yet i already got em all. Sometimes it could also be just the mindset, if you rush farming too much, you'll get burned out and depressed faster.

A lot of people recommend doing bounties and I should get some stuff to trade right?

In warframe you have to read up and multi-task.

It's true you can get  x part from y location. But the question is if that is the easier grind.

At any time you do want to do something, you ask yourself that first and the go read up.

For instance, you could be playing SO, sanctuary onslaught, where you get relics, focus points and can farm khora while earning exp.

Then you bring in a frame or weapon or whatever, to level, so you are doing as many things at the same as possible.

The math on void capture farming is you often get 'nothing', a crap relic, then compare that to running a relic capture misison instead.

Worst case you get forma bp or relic trash.

Then you convert relic trash to ducat for baro every 2 weeks. He usually always has 1 or 2 weapons or mods that sell for plat, meaning there is almost no way you don't get plat for every single relic mission you play - no matter what your relic was.

Ideally you also wear a faction sigil earning points you can use to sell plat too.

So either other players' relics will give you something you need or you build up plat and buy it instead but you never get nothing on relic missions.

Same principle applies to really everything, playing through the planet-grinds or strategy for different mission types, you just have to remember to read up on the most efficient way of doing it.

If you check the frame xaku's wiki, says 4 crafting materials per part, as per usual, sounds simple right? Wrong.

When you click the actual components you will learn you need to do all 3 planet-grinds, hidden grinds inside grinds, I call it the babushka grind, which is like traps inside traps to stall you on top of the conventional grind.

To play warframe you have to understand this principle, else you will be farming lex prime barrel in the void until 2047.

Archived