Jump to content

On Sister of Parvos ... a slight (projected) disappointment


 Share

Recommended Posts

I wanted tocsimply write that the enjoyment of the next update will be lessened by us NOT having bew maps to play the update on.

 

I might (and hope) be wrong, as "maybe" the railjack assasination mission tile has been augmented ... but still, the majority of the lich experience will be done on old tile-sets.

 

:(

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Everything else is cool, even the nerfs (for the moment) as i can't be angry about a change i've yet to experience for myself, maybe angry at the general nerf sentiment, that i can understand ....

 

But litterally NOTHING has been said regarding maps ;-;

Edited by Doraz_
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

maps are never mentioned, unless they are doing some rework or addition. They do add one or two custom room for specific action like boss rooms. so for leeches who are gonna be tied on one specific room for railjack assassination, might get such room. during kuva lich tennocon reveal it had such room. maybe they will use that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor einer Stunde schrieb Doraz_:

I wanted tocsimply write that the enjoyment of the next update will be lessened by us NOT having bew maps to play the update on.

 

I might (and hope) be wrong, as "maybe" the railjack assasination mission tile has been augmented ... but still, the majority of the lich experience will be done on old tile-sets.

 

:(

why new maps?
there are enough maps and it can be filled with new content without any problems. and random generator does a good job.
there are also very cool sabotage missions in my opinion .... the mode is rarely played and parts of it can be used in other areas.

AND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! did you examine each map very carefully several times ???
In my opinion, the designers did an extremely good job here!

I also find your contribution rather empty and childish. it is of course not meant personally.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

In my opinion the only disappointment I've found so far is that the new warframe is tied to having Rank 5 with Vox Solaris in Fortuna. Found that out through twitter.

I've already done so myself and have farmed Profit Taker numerous times, but to have another frame linked to that quest instead of just to the Ventkids standing (which is the implied route with how they've advertised it) is a bit iffy.

Edited by DarknessNightshade
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, DarknessNightshade said:

In my opinion the only disappointment I've found so far is that the new warframe is tied to having Rank 5 with Vox Solaris in Fortuna. Found that out through twitter.

I've already done so myself and have farmed Profit Taker numerous times, but to have another frame linked to that quest instead of just to the Ventkids standing (which is the implied route with how they've advertised it) is a bit iffy.

It doesn't, it requires the quest of the same name.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Am_Sha3gar said:

It doesn't, it requires the quest of the same name.

In that case I have no complaints, other than OP not exactly making a good argument for they they'd think it'd flop.

The game's bringing a new class of Corpus Lich, new Kuva Weapons (including a Kuva Hek, I'm a big fan of shotguns, and Kuva Grattler, which I already have a riven and decent build for), some wicked Galvanised Mods, a new Warframe, a bunch of suitcase weapons you can get in the process of farming your liches, some new stuff for the mouth in the wall, etc, I don't see how any one person could dislike all of that.

Edited by DarknessNightshade
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Battle.Mage said:

why new maps?
there are enough maps and it can be filled with new content without any problems. and random generator does a good job.
there are also very cool sabotage missions in my opinion .... the mode is rarely played and parts of it can be used in other areas.

AND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! did you examine each map very carefully several times ???
In my opinion, the designers did an extremely good job here!

I also find your contribution rather empty and childish. it is of course not meant personally.

In the shortest way i could explain,

 

I have realized that Warframe maps suffer from this issue:

 

They only reward 1 way forward, to the next random room, but are built as expansive multi room environments with nothing (worth-while) interacteable in it.

 

the gameplay is reduced to "press W" or choose the 1 tile for farming and staying there.

 

To fight this, tiles should be added regularly, even the design structure changed ... but DE has too many problems to make it happen.

 

It's now a year long case study for me.

 

 

The solutions I came up are ( in addition to just make more tiles and make them bigger only if necessary) are 

-make maps dynamic, tiles can chage wildly for the player's actions or mission, like ships boarding a station

 

- the other is the " connected tiles mechanic", where when the map is generated, additional shortcuts between distant tile are created and accessible on both ways, giving the player a choice on "how" to reach the exact same room! 

 

player expression people ... we're supposed to be playing a video game, remember :3

Edited by Doraz_
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TomCruisesSon said:

I mean we just got new maps with railjack, so I think they're just shifting focus at the moment. Give them time.

That's the other issue :(

 

DE realized their system was so conveniently set up for railjackcand normal missions to use "the same exact maps"!

 

it makes sense ... the game is much more connected ...

 

but think of the story of warframe, and how Steve originally envisioned it ...

 

WF was supposed to facilitate that flow/state of play of "wanting to do something different">>>"actually doing it with a press of a button"

 

now ... that experience risks beinf tainted, by multiple modes of play being too similar to eachother

 

 

That was my main criticism of the Corpus-Railjack update 

 

 

They forced Railjack missions (only corpus at the moment) to be normal missions(aka exterminate)! Instead, it could have been that the squad that didn't want to board it, could have made teammates do it while giving support (like TennoCon!) or even make your NPC cre do it and you stay in your railjack :)

 

Hopefully it's more clear now, but yeah, i'm the opposite of angry or frustrated, WF is still fun for me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Doraz_ said:

That's the other issue :(

 

DE realized their system was so conveniently set up for railjackcand normal missions to use "the same exact maps"!

 

it makes sense ... the game is much more connected ...

 

but think of the story of warframe, and how Steve originally envisioned it ...

 

WF was supposed to facilitate that flow/state of play of "wanting to do something different">>>"actually doing it with a press of a button"

 

now ... that experience risks beinf tainted, by multiple modes of play being too similar to eachother

 

 

That was my main criticism of the Corpus-Railjack update 

 

 

They forced Railjack missions (only corpus at the moment) to be normal missions(aka exterminate)! Instead, it could have been that the squad that didn't want to board it, could have made teammates do it while giving support (like TennoCon!) or even make your NPC cre do it and you stay in your railjack :)

 

Hopefully it's more clear now, but yeah, i'm the opposite of angry or frustrated, WF is still fun for me

I mean, from the looks of the trailer, the area they were confronting the Corpus lich doesn't particularly look like somewhere we've been before. (Could be wrong on that.)

The lich capital ship/base might be new, an exact copy n paste of other nodes, or a copy n paste with a lich battle arena.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We don't know what's being shown off at Tennocon. And from the past couple devstreams theyve been hard at work on The New War.  So who knows what that will bring? 

Plus we're Lichs/Sisters suppose to be integrated into Railjack? I'd take that over a new map. Not to mention what they could talk about in regards to Planes of Duvri.

I'd sit tight until Tennocon. I'm personally looking forward to Sisters of Parvos but I know that there's a part of the playerbase waiting until The New War comes out, which sounds to be sooner rather then later. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, TomCruisesSon said:

I mean, from the looks of the trailer, the area they were confronting the Corpus lich doesn't particularly look like somewhere we've been before. (Could be wrong on that.)

The lich capital ship/base might be new, an exact copy n paste of other nodes, or a copy n paste with a lich battle arena.

nope tenno ;-;

 

we'll find out tomorrow, but those seem to be the "SPY- Parvos tileset" room and the " Engines- Parvos tileset" one, both already present in both railjack and starchart map generator.

 

The only entirely new maps are the grineer railjack and the sentient railjack ...

 

I just felt the need to give feedback on this cuz there must be some employees at Digital Extreemes that are sad that they can't realistically work on maps, and instead have to focus on more pressing matters.

 

Or maybe they are too busy with modelling the Duviri area ... that IF it's taking this much long .... imma just get myself hyped for disappointment again, having learned nothing xD cuz it might just be another experiment of theirs that i will love by default <3

Edited by Doraz_
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Doraz_ said:

Everything else is cool, even the nerfs (for the moment) as i can't be angry about a change i've yet to experience for myself, maybe angry at the general nerf sentiment, that i can understand ....

 

But litterally NOTHING has been said regarding maps ;-;

I mean, this is a good life lesson.

Keep your expectations lower than dinosaur bones, just be a hardened cynic like me, and you won't be disappointed.

Especially don't hope for something they haven't even hinted at. You will just feel let down. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also, you kind of did already get your new maps for this... 

They just came really early, in preparation. The new Corpus Ship maps came with the Protea Quest, which also introduced the new Granum Void. 

And those tilesets are going to be quite important while hunting the new Corpus Liches. 

So, they kind of did make your new maps, they've just already been in the game for a while. They were always there for this purpose, the whole thing is just finally starting to come together. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Vaml77 said:

im very curious about the new kuva weapons....and sisters and tenet weapons not much. Corpus weapons in general are very boring -,-

I'm hoping that with helminth i can "dispense mercy" with the prisma tetra with a 750+ strenght Banshee <3

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Doraz_ said:

I'm hoping that with helminth i can "dispense mercy" with the prisma tetra with a 750+ strenght Banshee <3

Unless you are running a already max strength banshee on arbitrations, the helminth invigorations will not get you to 750% strength. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Doraz_ said:

I wanted tocsimply write that the enjoyment of the next update will be lessened by us NOT having bew maps to play the update on.

 

I might (and hope) be wrong, as "maybe" the railjack assasination mission tile has been augmented ... but still, the majority of the lich experience will be done on old tile-sets.

 

:(

map updates take a lot of time, as it means reworking old tiles, creating new ones from scratch, and then trying to make sure that it always works well no matter how the procedural generator for tileset decides to arrange them. then there's enemies, easter eggs and other additions to consider.

as a result, tileset updates are usually a major part of an update, a good example being  the Jovian Concord, which gave us Jupiter 2.0. as much as I love the new tilesets, - and want to see revisions for a couple older ones, looking at you Eris and Europa - these aren't things that can happen all the time without a considerable amount of dev time which also has to be focused on other things.

also, if we were getting a new tileset, they would have mentioned that, because it's rather a big deal. hopefully they will have a new tileset or location to show off at TennoCon for you to enjoy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We dont need new tile sets. Liches take over planets so using the existing tiles make sense for murmur hunting.

The Grineer showdown we know what tile is used for that (The Grineer bridge that we do rj assassinations on)

Corpus, thematically I'd expect either that room with the pyramid and huge Parvos statue, or we jump back into a Granum Void for the showdown.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...