Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deconstructor Melee Modding Changes (Sisters of Parvos)

[DE]Rebecca

Hi Tenno,

The Sisters of Parvos update will bring three new Modular Hound Companions, each with a unique Melee weapon. While reviewing these Companion Weapons, we noticed the Helios-old problem that there’s a lot of Melee Mods that you can equip, but don’t really function on companion Melee. There’s also some ‘invisible gear hopping’ where if you put Mods on your Deconstructor (or Prime), the carry over to your Melee which is a many-year-old oversight we’ve lived with, but are approaching changes more thoroughly with this Update and as a result we’re patching up this behaviour. 

These are mostly Mods that deal with combos or heavy attacks, since Companions do not have these features as well as other certain outliers. As a result the following Mods will be incompatible with the upcoming three Hound weapons and retroactively will no longer work with the Deconstructor and Deconstructor Prime:

• Amalgam Organ Shatter
  • Corrupt Charge
  • Enduring Strike
  • Body Count
  • Blood Rush
  • Dispatch Overdrive
  • Drifting Contact
  • Energy Channel
  • Finishing Touch
  • Focus Energy
  • Focused Defense
  • Guardian Derision
  • Killing Blow
  • Life Strike
  • Maiming Strike
  • Parry
  • Quickening
  • Reflex Coil
  • Relentless Combination
  • Seismic Wave
  • True Punishment
  • Weeping Wounds

• Gladiator Might
  • Gladiator Rush
  • Gladiator Vice
  • Carnis Mandible
  • Jugulus Barbs
  • Saxum Thorax
  • Motus Impact
  • Proton Snap
  • Tek Gravity
  • Strain Infection

8 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

These are mostly Mods that deal with combos or heavy attacks, since Companions do not have these features as well as other certain outliers. As a result the following Mods will be incompatible with the upcoming three Hound weapons and retroactively will no longer work with the Deconstructor and Deconstructor Prime:

• Amalgam Organ Shatter
  • Corrupt Charge
  • Enduring Strike
  • Body Count
  • Blood Rush
  • Dispatch Overdrive
  • Drifting Contact
  • Energy Channel
  • Finishing Touch
  • Focus Energy
  • Focused Defense
  • Guardian Derision
  • Killing Blow
  • Life Strike
  • Maiming Strike
  • Parry
  • Quickening
  • Reflex Coil
  • Relentless Combination
  • Seismic Wave
  • True Punishment
  • Weeping Wounds

• Gladiator Might
  • Gladiator Rush
  • Gladiator Vice
  • Carnis Mandible
  • Jugulus Barbs
  • Saxum Thorax
  • Motus Impact
  • Proton Snap
  • Tek Gravity
  • Strain Infection

You really have no idea how much I appreciate you fixing that oversight.

This will most likely make people stop complaining about Sentinels when they're using them as stat sticks... Or not, people will still complain anyway.

Better fix some more oversights as well while you guys are at it.

Nope, I'm serious. No sarcasm involved. Fix those oversights.

1 minute ago, Uhkretor said:

You really have no idea how much I appreciate you fixing that oversight.

This will most likely make people stop complaining about Sentinels when they're using them as stat sticks... Or not, people will still complain anyway.

Better fix some more oversights as well while you guys are at it.

Nope, I'm serious. No sarcasm involved. Fix those oversights.

This. Agreed 100%

Oh yeah, sure, remove the one method we had left to actually make Exalted Melee compete with regular melee.

Because it's not like the poster child of Warframe didn't need another nerf. Now I have exactly 0 reason to use Excal ever again, since I can't scale his damage up to anywhere near as high as a real melee weapon, even with his range/punchthrough.

In fact, why are we not able to equip any combo mods on our exalted melee? They are already weaker than any other melee option in most situations, and wind up being a dead slot on their frames.

2 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Oh yeah, sure, remove the one method we had left to actually make Exalted Melee compete with regular melee.

Because it's not like the poster child of Warframe didn't need another nerf. Now I have exactly 0 reason to use Excal ever again, since I can't scale his damage up to anywhere near as high as a real melee weapon, even with his range/punchthrough.

wat

If you wanna fix stuff this old then keep going and do stuff more important than Companion weapons.

Just as a lot of other users mentioned, address gun set mods as well, or Rivens that buff melee stat sticks for Warframes such as Atlas, Gara and Khora.

All this seems like is you addressing a tiny facet of a problem the day before release, making it seem really rushed as well. Let people play-test things, this is why you have PTS (Public Testing Servers) and give feedback...

This change is a welcome one since it made certain interactions quite annoying. but it has one drawback, it was used to buff certain exalted weapons that were left behind regular melee, and it feels now that they are only an afterthought and are not worth using compared to regular melee, when you have to account for energy drain.

22 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hi Tenno,

The Sisters of Parvos update will bring three new Modular Hound Companions, each with a unique Melee weapon. While reviewing these Companion Weapons, we noticed the Helios-old problem that there’s a lot of Melee Mods that you can equip, but don’t really function on companion Melee. There’s also some ‘invisible gear hopping’ where if you put Mods on your Deconstructor (or Prime), the carry over to your Melee which is a many-year-old oversight we’ve lived with, but are approaching changes more thoroughly with this Update and as a result we’re patching up this behaviour. 

• Amalgam Organ Shatter
  • Corrupt Charge
  • Enduring Strike
  • Body Count
  • Blood Rush
  • Dispatch Overdrive
  • Drifting Contact
  • Energy Channel
  • Finishing Touch
  • Focus Energy
  • Focused Defense
  • Guardian Derision
  • Killing Blow
  • Life Strike
  • Maiming Strike
  • Parry
  • Quickening
  • Reflex Coil
  • Relentless Combination
  • Seismic Wave
  • True Punishment
  • Weeping Wounds

• Gladiator Might
  • Gladiator Rush
  • Gladiator Vice
  • Carnis Mandible
  • Jugulus Barbs
  • Saxum Thorax
  • Motus Impact
  • Proton Snap
  • Tek Gravity
  • Strain Infection

It's really great that you waited until the day before to reveal yet another melee nerf -_-

I actually think... who cares about a nerf of sentinel weapons's damages ? They re already lacking in power, their only viable use is as a stat stick. I hope a buff of sentinel weapons will come soon... 

Archived