Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deconstructor Melee Modding Changes (Sisters of Parvos)

[DE]Rebecca

Why was this information not in the workshop? From the way this was written I assume the new robo doggos will have this old bug/feature on them which seems cool. However, why not just give us all the workshop information in one place? Why was just this one change left to the last minute? So that the thread will be overshadowed by Sisters of Parvos launch? Oh wait never mind you cant ever use this "bug" ever again even with the new doggos....What a massive change to not have in the developer workshop. Very disappointed with this presentation. Honestly I don't even care about the changes I was expecting these nerfs and rightly so if you want to bring melee down. I am however disgusted with how all of this information has been relayed to the community.  

I want the forma used for Helios Prime refunded, thank you! Also, you guys are too disconnected from the player base. Nobody asked for any of the nerfs, some of us just wanted for you to buff primaries and secondaries. The roundabout way of buffing guns through mods, as well as the nerfs to the merciless arcane before we even got  to test it, make me lose faith in this game, amongst a myriad of other problems... please, for the love of God, live up to your reputation of being in touch with the player base! It is simple: ask what people want, propose solutions, communicate with the players via in-game polls or with the help of your partners if the solutions are satisfactory, let us test them, then update!

18 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

which is a many-year-old oversight we’ve lived with, but are approaching changes more thoroughly with this Update and as a result we’re patching up this behaviour. 

I cannot believe you actually said this lol This is an actual joke. Stop trying to curve backlash by hiding major changes. I mean we had a developer workshop last week would have been a fantastic time to show this major change. Also will this effect Primary/Secondary mod "hopping" as well? If not why? 

Why not just delete the sentinel weapon if your doing that DE? And while your at it, make every sentinel weapon unable to use set bonus mods DE. I wouldn’t have had an issue with this nerf if you didn’t wait until last day before the update to mention this. #WhenWarframe2DE

17 hours ago, AvohkahTamer said:

I can understand removing completely irrelevant mods which don't have any effect (combo specific mods), and I can understand removing the hidden "stat stick" ability of using Sentinels to buff your regular melee (even if this makes sentinels even slightly less relevant compared to other companions)

But why completely remove mods like Quickening, Gladiator Vice, and the Carnis/Jugulus/Saxum mods rather than just removing their set mod behavior when equipped on a sentinel? (as well as critical chance/damage mods, if any of these new companion weapons have the ability to crit)

The combo-related effects of these mods are *secondary*, and they do have legitimate use for modding other melee stats such as attack speed and IPS + status. Combo features completely aside, we straight up won't have the freedom to mod our companion's weapon to similar values as we can on standard melee.

This dude knows what is up. I think he should make the patch decisions from now on. For real these changes are as if the developers have never played Warframe and just plowed through trying to nerf melee like a bull in a china shop. 

18 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

. There’s also some ‘invisible gear hopping’ where if you put Mods on your Deconstructor (or Prime), the carry over to your Melee which is a many-year-old oversight we’ve lived with, but are approaching changes more thoroughly with this Update and as a result we’re patching up this behaviour. 

It's interesting how this is getting announced a DAY before the update. So DE is telling me that this change, was finalized and implemented and then pushed for cert on consoles at least a week back is getting announced only now..? a day before the update launches. 

It appears as if DE is afraid of their player-base in maintaining transparency about changes that affect melees in the dev workshop.
If you're afraid of us DE, then please, why do you continue this nerf mentality?  Even if this was required, this could have been part of the dev workshop or the followup which would have given us: the players, a more clear picture on melee weapons post Sisters of Parvos.

It's not that players abused this oversight because of better companions (I'd rather not mention which because I dont want them getting nerfed either) but this Deconstructor oversight post dev workshop melee nerfs was the one last hope for low crit chance melees to be viable. 

Not only Helios' usage is going to drop significantly, it also kills weapon diversity and low crit melees in the game because of above. This is probably the worst change to the game in 2021.

vor 8 Minuten schrieb vegetosayajin:

That's not an answer, if the ones are considered unintended, the others are too. It's just to nerf melee more because reasons.

I think it will be pugged up even unintentionally because the would need to write code around only this mods. I think they are doing the same as with explision damage. There where weapons without self damage that now have knockback because they did aoe damage. I think they'll close of theinteraction of sets completely....

2 minutes ago, vrgamr37 said:

It's interesting how this is getting announced a DAY before the update. So DE is telling me that this change, was finalized and implemented and then pushed for cert on consoles at least a week back is getting announced only now..? a day before the update launches. 

It appears as if DE is afraid of their player-base in maintaining transparency about changes that affect melees in the dev workshop.

If you're afraid of us DE, then please, why do you continue this nerf mentality?  

It's not that players abused this oversight because of better companions (I'd rather not mention which because I dont want them getting nerfed either) but this Deconstructor oversight post dev workshop melee nerfs was the one last hope for low crit chance melees to be viable. 

Not only Helios' usage is going to drop significantly, it also kills weapon diversity and low crit melees in the game because of above. This is probably the worst change to the game in 2021.

Like I said, all of this could have been avoided, if they just let exalted weapons benefit from Bloodrush and Gladiator set themselves, then the change would be logical, instead of looking like a pure nerf. This mechanic indeed didn't make much sense (for your melee weapon to benefit from set bonus from sentinel's gun), but to remove the only option for exalted weapons to reach high crit and not add anything new is just wrong.

2 minutes ago, vrgamr37 said:

also kills weapon diversity

the new update will kill weapon diversity overall - with the new mods/arcanes 5-6 primaries will become meta it they will be 90% used, same with secondaries and in the melee department it will become the same - the best hybrid melees will become the only option and all others(that were usable and fun until this update) will be tossed to the side
so a total of 15-20 weapons will be used in 90% of the cases
and the sentinels - they are dead and most of the pets too, so that leaves smeeta and the panzer
great diversity - 20 weapons and 2 companions in a game that has 300-400

You cant call this an oversight, you've know about this since release. its the same as the chroma nerf (look where he is now, useless outside of giving 2x credits).

now helios, the last useful sentinel will just collect dust until you add new enemies and then he'll get a few hours of use before going back to collecting dust.

sure make this nerf its fine, what isn't fine is you doing this a day before the patch, its borderline a stealth nerf. This should've been included in the original arsenal devide post. (dont BS about it being recent, in the best case for that argument it would've been in the talking/consideration stages at that time so you could've at least mentioned in in the update edit to the post)

also if you are taking away the last bits of useful potential from sentinels, rework them to actually be competitive so its not more valuable to run literally anything else. for starters, make regen work like the reawaken(or some other mechanic that doesnt have limited charges) without things like the stupid dispensary augment that isnt worth using. and rework their weapons to have stats that can actually kill something (even trash fodder enemies) past level 10, the only exception to this is the verglas as that can actually kill. for example a decked out kubro can kill lvl180s in one attack, let sentinels compete with that at least.

and fix some other 'oversights' like condition overload not working on heavy attacks or desert wind and a few other bugged interactions.

7 minutes ago, (PSN)xBlake360 said:

but to remove the only option for exalted weapons to reach high crit and not add anything new is just wrong.

Yes I completely forgot about exalted weapons. It would have indeed made more sense if Exalted melees could equip the gladiator set. 

If the goal of the Arsenal Divide was to make your entire arsenal be a strategic option, the changes done upto this point dont actually make the stronger melees balanced.

But rather the weaker melees including exalted weapons are affected negatively to where you would probably never use them at all. 

2 minutes ago, (PSN)sieg_valentine said:

why not nerf vigilante mods on sentinel weapons too. 

makes sense. Same oversight but for primaries. Yes that needs to get nerfed I totally agree Kappa

You might as well delete sentinels from the game. No bonus crit, no bonus resource, only the ability that would be useful is the nautilus grouping ability but why even use it, when you cannot even revive it. People wont subsume protea's dispensary AND use a mod slot for the augment just to revive their sentinel. Everyone is just gonna use the kavats from now on, please reconsider this change, its just making less choice between pets.

18 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

Good, DE.

Now please address the Decaying Dragon Key + Rolling Guard exploit. All Dragon keys are supposed to be handicaps, not advantages due to how shield gating works now.

Even without a decaying key shieldgating is still better than armor. Removing decaying key only increases the energy cost to get to max shields during the rolling guard iframe. 

It'll probably hurt newer players and than veterans so idk what you're gonna accomplish with that. 

Archived