Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deconstructor Melee Modding Changes (Sisters of Parvos)

[DE]Rebecca

2 minutes ago, B4HEK said:

Remember your words when this mechanic would be called long oversight.

Indeed. I will eat crow.

It should be noted though that when DE said Venari was an exploit, I called them out on it because Venari even had a tooltip indicating it could heal defense targets. I try to be consistent.

9 hours ago, AziSlays said:

This isn't something small you clown. This is a legitimate issue and a lot of weapons are going to suffer for it.

It's small, never heard of this since now and it's not going to affect me whatsoever. I don't build exalted weapons that depend on a crutch and exploit i build them to stand on their own. 

39 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

The mod set bonus was supposed to be counted once.  Meaning if you use the mod BOTH of your melee and your sentinel, it should be counted once. It never said it was supposed to be counted if you don't have it equipped on your melee weapon.

And sorry but... I think you are the new player here, kiddo. I surely possess enough knowledge of the game to have the right to appreciate what they are trying to do with it, and sometimes, to disagree and offer different alternatives. But it's not my decision, and surely, it's not yours either. Maybe you can't see the big picture. Maybe you can't see that in the next years, there is gonna be more and more "adjustement" that are long awaited for, and that new player like you will call "nerf" and then cry on the forum. Those adjustement aren't the problem, you are. You vision of "I need X dps to complete X maps" is just wrong. You can reach level 10.014 without using your melee, or a sentinel, for that matter ; but you know that, right ?

Oh and please do tell us all about when you fought level 10k+ enemies without using melee, and a sentinel lol. What game mode were you playing? How long did it take to reach level 10,014? We all want to hear how you Excalibro'd your way thru lvl 10k's. Please, teach us your ways Obi Wan...

I remember how on some Tennocon Steve said something like "I don`t want to introduce new Plains of Eidolon every year".

Next year DE gave us Duviri paradox trailer, and year after Cambion Drift was introduced...

OH WAIT! It was tennocon 2018.

25 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

You cannot equip Deconstructor/Prime on anything else than Helios/Prime. You can give Helios any weapons, but you cannot give Deconstructor to any other sentinel.

Yet again you show your inexperience. Using the random button you can in fact put the Deconstructor on other sentinels. 

This legit upsets me. This was one of the only ways to apply scaling to things that otherwise didn't have the option, and were therefore borderline useless or a meme, and it's being done without the arbitrary restrictions that made it attractive being lifted.

This is 100% a bad change.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Jarriaga:

A bug is an unintended behavior in software. There are multiple types of bugs from programming errors to unintended interactions. They are all bugs, just classified with different names to make it easier to understand the source/cause of the bug.

The Decaying Dragon Key + Rolling Guard combo is a bug/exploit that should be patched out.

Not all unintended interactions are bugs! Maybe it is more like an unexpected interaction here. And you know when DE nerfs S#&$ it nerfs it to the moon so I'll promiss you when they "fix" this "bug". This low prio, low siverity, low impact "functional defect" (not really a fitting classification for a bug but close enough), they will nerf shield gating in the process, because they first and for all wanted to nerf shield gating.

21 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

Good, DE.

Now please address the Decaying Dragon Key + Rolling Guard exploit. All Dragon keys are supposed to be handicaps, not advantages due to how shield gating works now.

Yep, easiest and quickest fix would be to add another penalty to the key. 

"Reduces shields and disables shield gate".

1 минуту назад, Jarriaga сказал:
2 минуты назад, SneakyErvin сказал:

Yep, easiest and quickest fix would be to add another penalty to the key. 

"Reduces shields and disables shield gate".

Exactly what I had in mind.

it`s easier to make DDC remove shields and ability to use them at all.

I am with Virmare in everything he has said in his message. I think this is really a melee nerf and nerfing what people use because it is useful and it works to force them to use something else not the way.

Most of the weapons in the game are useless after levels 60-80 and the only thing you can kill is with some primaries and secondaries, on the other hand, most melee still work so the way is to balance the weapons that do not work not to nerf those that do.

I prefer to be without content for a while and that the next patches are of balance and quality of life of the game not simply nerf what is popular instead of fixing what is not because it is not functional.

4 hours ago, MescalineChef said:

Why was this information not in the workshop? From the way this was written I assume the new robo doggos will have this old bug/feature on them which seems cool. However, why not just give us all the workshop information in one place? Why was just this one change left to the last minute? So that the thread will be overshadowed by Sisters of Parvos launch? Oh wait never mind you cant ever use this "bug" ever again even with the new doggos....What a massive change to not have in the developer workshop. Very disappointed with this presentation. Honestly I don't even care about the changes I was expecting these nerfs and rightly so if you want to bring melee down. I am however disgusted with how all of this information has been relayed to the community.  

Because that would allow people to see the entire scope of the update in one post, and thus be able to formulate feedback on the full scope of said update. Can't have transparency, gotta divide it up.

1 минуту назад, Nox_Terminus сказал:
4 часа назад, MescalineChef сказал:

Why was this information not in the workshop? From the way this was written I assume the new robo doggos will have this old bug/feature on them which seems cool. However, why not just give us all the workshop information in one place? Why was just this one change left to the last minute? So that the thread will be overshadowed by Sisters of Parvos launch? Oh wait never mind you cant ever use this "bug" ever again even with the new doggos....What a massive change to not have in the developer workshop. Very disappointed with this presentation. Honestly I don't even care about the changes I was expecting these nerfs and rightly so if you want to bring melee down. I am however disgusted with how all of this information has been relayed to the community.  

Because that would allow people to see the entire scope of the update in one post, and thus be able to formulate feedback on the full scope of said update. Can't have transparency, gotta divide it up.

At this point i just laugh every update because i`m a Saitama in WF. Even the kick in the head with the leg after jump can kill a boss...

5 minutes ago, B4HEK said:

Yeah but that would make it unusable on frames that can actually maintain their shields even with key equipped, like Hildryn, Harrow, Mag and Volt.

1 минуту назад, SneakyErvin сказал:
7 минут назад, B4HEK сказал:

Yeah but that would make it unusable on frames that can actually maintain their shields even with key equipped, like Hildryn, Harrow, Mag and Volt.

what about Lavos with pillage?

(Don`t answer that)

Archived