Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma loop has to go

Scar.brother.help.me

I'm saying it as a mr30 who suffers the least from it. This rank reset thing has to go. Forma should be just as simple as reactors/catalysts/adapters. Only things that go beyond rank 30 should require some ranking like 30-32, 32-34... 38-40 - just +2 ranks after each forma, not 0-32, 0-34... 0-40. 

Warframes ranking is even worse since you have no abilities after adding forma and you either build for tankiness and leach affinity or get some nuke from Helminth as ability 1.

"Why are we still here?" (c)

as someone mentioned, then what's the point of affinity boosters? unless they really nerf the affinity gain from enemies and allies to fit into this new no-forma-reset.

which i highly doubt. life would definitely be easy with no resets, but it is what it is..

I personally would be fine if I could at least use multiple formas at once, and just have the amount of affinity required to reach max scale with the amount used, rather than the current use one... level x... go back use one... level x... etc.

DE should also remove silly Warframe level restrictions for specific content.

2 hours ago, Scar.brother.help.me said:

I'm saying it as a mr30 who suffers the least from it. This rank reset thing has to go. Forma should be just as simple as reactors/catalysts/adapters. Only things that go beyond rank 30 should require some ranking like 30-32, 32-34... 38-40 - just +2 ranks after each forma, not 0-32, 0-34... 0-40. 

Warframes ranking is even worse since you have no abilities after adding forma and you either build for tankiness and leach affinity or get some nuke from Helminth as ability 1.

"Why are we still here?" (c)

Who told you to forma stuff so many times?

Just use the weapons you like and you're good.

With Kuva weapons (and Paracesis, I guess) I agree, lvl 40 shouldnt be hidden behind 5 formas.

But complaining about the rank reset thing makes no sense, especially since the higher MR you are, the more base mod capacity you have (for example, if you are MR30, you dont even feel the reset, since your base mod capacity equals your maxed - except for weapons beyond lvl30).

Whether or not people want it, the Forma system is probably never going to change. They represent a huge increase in time spent building a weapon/loadout.

If you didn't need to level the weapon for every Forma, then you'd just build the weapon, level it once (unless you're MR30 when you already have max mod power), slot in all the Formas you need, and the weapon is completely ready to use in 5 minutes. Time is an important player commodity, especially in a F2P game, and DE isn't going to get rid of such a massive time sink like that. Might as well deal with it unfortunately.

If you want my personal opinion, I kinda enjoy leveling gear multiple times if I like the weapon. I definitely don't like being forced to level things 6 times to get 40 levels worth of Mastery though. Especially considering many of those items really don't need 5 Forma.

On one hand i understand the frustruation. On another this is still a superior system to upgrading stuff than in many other MMOs and alikes that i've played.

Forma is the commitment resource. If you  like the gun - you forma it until its where you want it to be.  If you don't like it - you  don't commit. Fairly simple.

Yeah, its sometimes annoying but... Its something to do. As MR30 its not even an issue because i can just use the gun as normal minus 2-3 mods that don't fit in the current scheme.

3 hours ago, Myscho said:

5 formas for max mastery from Kuva/Tenet weapons should go first

Yeah good luck with that. I've tried explaining why it should be changed/remove when it was still fresh but its been a year and changing it now would outrage people who sunk 100+ forma for their kuva weapons

Hey guys, nice to see you all here. DE is a charity as we all know and should not profit from this game. /sarcasm

On a more serious note, I wish DE stopped advertising this game as a free game because it's obviously not that to a lot of players. So we could avoid the "hey why this isn't actually a free game" -comments from people who feel it's a justification to try to swoon DE to become an actual charity, to the poor mal-entertairned players. It's obviously pay-to-win to a good degree, lets face it. You can buy your way up to the top gear-wise, modding and frames and weapons, quickly enough, and don't need the skills of a Dark Souls player to that. Takes a lot of skill to copy a Nekros or Wisp build and sit and relax with a drink in hand in SP while Khora and speedva do your job for you, like a bus driver and you being the passenger who pays with your sweet buffs.

I seriously wish some acolytes would be actual suicide bombers who'd scream loudly before charging at you so fast you can't possibly react in time, and blow up doing exponentially more damage per tenno they hit, meaning it's an anti-stack mechanic (for those of you who are familiar with MMO mechanics) so you'd better spread around a good bit from that beginning room spot, you happy campers. /lmao /offtopic

I still like the game though. Just wish people wouldn't have this covert "it should be actually free game" attitude, as if the game wasn't good enough to be paid for. If it's not good enough, please point me to a better "free game like this but this time actually free to play". I'm waiting. And no it's not Destiny.

55 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

So you should be able to bring a no level frame to Arbitrations? GIF by Steve Harvey TV

ESO is more likely.  Better affinity in most situations.

And I agree.  If it were allowed, I sincerely believe a level 0 Saryn could carry a team through waves 1-8 of ESO, especially with an affinity booster or a smeeta on hand.

There was another thread about this.  It's probably too complicated to code, but it would be cool if MR30 players could ignore level restrictions.  You should know what you're doing by that point.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

So you should be able to bring a no level frame to Arbitrations?

Yes, being able to level/forma frames would make Arbys feel a lot more rewarding. You can bring a Lv30 frame with literally no mods, formas, or potatoes, but you can't bring a fully modded Lv0 frame with a dozen formas in it? That and Arbys are a real slog once you've gotten used to Steel Path spawn rates...

7 hours ago, Scar.brother.help.me said:

Warframes ranking is even worse since you have no abilities after adding forma

Agreed 100% on this. After you've mastered the frame, and you start adding formas, you get to keep your abilities. Otherwise you are "forced" to go to SO and depend on others to increase your XP. And personally i dont like that.

16 hours ago, Kaggelos said:

Agreed 100% on this. After you've mastered the frame, and you start adding formas, you get to keep your abilities. Otherwise you are "forced" to go to SO and depend on others to increase your XP. And personally i dont like that.

You are now? Well, that's too bad if you have limited time and SO is your only option. I use Helene and Hydron, sometimes SP versions of them, to level, and I could probably do that even if I wasn't high MR. Just weapons platform your way through it with the best weapons and tankiest mods and stuff you got. If that's not your thing, well I ain't gonna blame you, but you know there's alternatives to people who are willing to explore them and are not put off by them. And sorry for saying that as if it's a fault for not liking anything except SO for leveling. I just find it a bit aggravating that the game offers so much variety on how you can level your frames and all you can think is SO. Especially when you got more hours than me in the game... I get it it's easy to be set in your ways then, but if you think your way of leveling is so bad, why not try explore the alternatives? You're MR 29, you must have the mods and knowhow to level your frame in SP by now? Solo, I mean. Just take an ancient healer specter and go Helene or something in SP, do 5 waves. I got maybe double the exp of normal mode Helene that way, 100% more exp, in 50% more time spent, and a steel essence drop on top. You can also use your on-call crew member (railjack thing) to wreak havoc there on the acolyte as well as on the mobs if you feel overwhelmed at any point. Sometimes I get someone for company there, and it's okay because I'm prepared to solo anyways so I won't leech off them, unless they're some kinda Warframe God lol. In which case, happy leeching. ;)

17 hours ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

Yes, being able to level/forma frames would make Arbys feel a lot more rewarding. You can bring a Lv30 frame with literally no mods, formas, or potatoes, but you can't bring a fully modded Lv0 frame with a dozen formas in it? That and Arbys are a real slog once you've gotten used to Steel Path spawn rates...

Yet people still die on arbies. I'm all for bringing rank 0 frames to arbies if that means they cannot be revived by any means whatsoever there if they die, because they'll endanger the rest of the team. You can't assume you group with pros there all the time, the reality of arbies has long been that people simply die there. At least on my runs they have. If I bring an already squishier frame like Nekros there, I don't want somebody who's leveling their frame potentially screw my run. And so doesn't anyone else who's at my skill level, whether they're honest about it or not. It sucks to lose rewards if that happened.

And no it's not a fair solution as people can bring there stupidly modded stupid frames and use them in stupid ways, like Limbo in a survival arbi, and try to leech with that oversized bubble because of course you won't mod for smaller bubble because bigger is better (thanks adult entertairnment for brainwashing people to believe that crap, as if it was true, and yes size matters but bigger is not always better, bigger can hurt you know, so don't buy those pills when you go to those sites). /offtopic

I'd give the leveling frame ability to be revived in that arbi run, if they reached rank 30 in that specific run, not just as a compromise, but a recognition of skill and dedication and that your stats are now a bit higher so you survive just a bit better.

Or maybe give them the same ability to be revived as the rest of us in arbies, but with an increased penalty to the affinity gained so far from that mission, so that there'd be less incentive to just mess around carelessly about it. And also a minor penalty to affinity gained so far every time another player dies while trying to revive them. The more you put others at risk, the more you pay. But you still get to try your hand at it and be rewarded if you succeed. I think it's more fair than the alternatives so far? Go on, improve on that idea!

3 hours ago, Zi-of-Jinx said:

You are now? Well, that's too bad if you have limited time and SO is your only option. I use Helene and Hydron, sometimes SP versions of them, to level, and I could probably do that even if I wasn't high MR. Just weapons platform your way through it with the best weapons and tankiest mods and stuff you got. If that's not your thing, well I ain't gonna blame you, but you know there's alternatives to people who are willing to explore them and are not put off by them. And sorry for saying that as if it's a fault for not liking anything except SO for leveling. I just find it a bit aggravating that the game offers so much variety on how you can level your frames and all you can think is SO. Especially when you got more hours than me in the game... I get it it's easy to be set in your ways then, but if you think your way of leveling is so bad, why not try explore the alternatives? You're MR 29, you must have the mods and knowhow to level your frame in SP by now? Solo, I mean. Just take an ancient healer specter and go Helene or something in SP, do 5 waves. I got maybe double the exp of normal mode Helene that way, 100% more exp, in 50% more time spent, and a steel essence drop on top. You can also use your on-call crew member (railjack thing) to wreak havoc there on the acolyte as well as on the mobs if you feel overwhelmed at any point. Sometimes I get someone for company there, and it's okay because I'm prepared to solo anyways so I won't leech off them, unless they're some kinda Warframe God lol. In which case, happy leeching. ;)

Yet people still die on arbies. I'm all for bringing rank 0 frames to arbies if that means they cannot be revived by any means whatsoever there if they die, because they'll endanger the rest of the team. You can't assume you group with pros there all the time, the reality of arbies has long been that people simply die there. At least on my runs they have. If I bring an already squishier frame like Nekros there, I don't want somebody who's leveling their frame potentially screw my run. And so doesn't anyone else who's at my skill level, whether they're honest about it or not. It sucks to lose rewards if that happened.

And no it's not a fair solution as people can bring there stupidly modded stupid frames and use them in stupid ways, like Limbo in a survival arbi, and try to leech with that oversized bubble because of course you won't mod for smaller bubble because bigger is better (thanks adult entertairnment for brainwashing people to believe that crap, as if it was true, and yes size matters but bigger is not always better, bigger can hurt you know, so don't buy those pills when you go to those sites). /offtopic

I'd give the leveling frame ability to be revived in that arbi run, if they reached rank 30 in that specific run, not just as a compromise, but a recognition of skill and dedication and that your stats are now a bit higher so you survive just a bit better.

Or maybe give them the same ability to be revived as the rest of us in arbies, but with an increased penalty to the affinity gained so far from that mission, so that there'd be less incentive to just mess around carelessly about it. And also a minor penalty to affinity gained so far every time another player dies while trying to revive them. The more you put others at risk, the more you pay. But you still get to try your hand at it and be rewarded if you succeed. I think it's more fair than the alternatives so far? Go on, improve on that idea!

Apologies, my statement was a mix of serious and not so serious, therefore it wasnt entirely true, and a bit general in it's nature. Sure, there are more and other ways to lvl up, i was just stating the most "popular" or "efficient" (quote-unquote) methods. Personally, I forma something and then use it on my regular missions and level it up just by playing the game (being over-effecient in this game isnt as fun for me).

The point is, personally, I'd prefer to keep my abilities after I forma my frame once, which is the point of my original post.

Archived