Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon base control bounty help?

AzureScion

Question

Been failing bounties 4 times in a row because of this particular stage now. Problem isn't that I can't kill them fast enough or dying, it's that the control meter decreases WAY too fast and the enemies are very friggin scarce. I spent more time SEARCHING the enemies than I am killing them. They always spawn in groups of 2 or 3 and they don't give up much percentage either. Now I'm a solo player so that might contribute to why I keep failing but is there a hidden trick to finish this mission? I'm tired of flying around the plains trying to complete the previous 2-3 missions and always failing on this one. 

10 answers to this question

It's a known bug that enemies will fail to spawn enough or altogether for the control the area stage.

In my personal experience it happens way more in solo.
Best advice I can give is, look for a group to do bounties with, particularly in Plain of Eidolon.

There's probably some other enemies hiding somewhere. They have a bad habit of spawning slowly, but also not attacking you but rather just hanging around burning the time limit. Bear in mind that the turrets count as enemies, so it's a good idea to target them first so you don't trigger the countdown until they're dead to slow down the countdown.

Ive been having better success by picking a centralized location and just staying put, 2 objects in motion have less of a chance of running into each other than if one object is still. Survive initially by shooting them off of the drop ships; they start affecting the control level from the ships, so the sooner you can pop them, the better. I like explosive weapons, just hit any part of the ship and the bodies go flying. After 20 or 30 seconds the enemies will start rushing to you from multiple directions. Once this occurs i switch to melee and typically have enough of a flood coming to hold 100% till the end.

Each enemy seems to give a flat percentage of control back as well, so dont always rush to kill the whole group. Kills while you are at 100% waste potential control, time it out to run the clock while more enemies spawn.

Beyond that, there will be bugs, try to keep your chin up. If all falls quiet, there may be some ships stuck on the back side of a nearby building, ive salvaged a few bounties by checking for that.

The key to this Bounty Stage is to listen and look up.  Almost all enemies drop from Dropships, so listen for the distinct hum of their engines.  Spin around a few times so you can figure out where it is coming from (hope you have stereo speakers / headphones), and head over ASAP.  Explosive / AOE weapons help tremendously because you can often kill an entire squad before they drop from the dropship.  It is harder playing solo because there is a large area to cover, but definitely doable if you know the trick.

An additional optimization step is to locate the enemies, but wait until control is below around 80% before you kill them.  The reason for this is because each kill grants 5% ~ 10% control, but it maxes out at 100%, meaning extras are wasted.  Between your pet/sentinel/clone/specter doing some of the killing, 80% is a safe buffer to make sure you do not waste any.

Yup. Been screwed by couple of those as well back then.

Mesa doesn't help as much when the enemies are blocked by rocks or terrains. What works for me are nukers with absolute maximum range builds. Cast, then pray it reaches those bastards.

If they spawned underground or something cheap like that, you're screwed doesn't matter what you do. I don't believe playing in group would fix what causes it, you'll just have more people so your team can spread out and have better chances to find the enemies.

16 hours ago, MqToasty said:

The key to this Bounty Stage is to listen and look up.  Almost all enemies drop from Dropships, so listen for the distinct hum of their engines.  Spin around a few times so you can figure out where it is coming from (hope you have stereo speakers / headphones), and head over ASAP.  

I never intentionally paying attention, but i swear the sound team keep showing up as one team who actually doing a great job in this game.

Those guys are killing it, other teams should be taking notes.

Archived