Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 30.5: Yareli & Kompressa Feedback Megathread (Read First Post!)

[DE]CoreyOnline

Hello Tenno!

Update 30.5: Sisters of Parvos is live on all platforms and we are looking to hear your thoughts on the brand new Warframe, Yareli!

With Update 30.5, we are continuing our Trello Board approach to communicate known bugs, fixed bugs, and popular feedback submitted by you, the community! To see a list of known bugs and fixed issues, please check out our new Trello Board

You will also be able to see notifications of changes and fixes by joining our official Discord Server and following the #bug-feedback-tracking channel, found here.

NEW WARFRAME: YARELI
Always on the move, the vivacious Yareli commands the ocean's fury. The original waverider.

PASSIVE 
Yareli gains +100% Critical Chance for Secondary weapons when she has been moving for at least 1.5s.

SEA SNARES
Form three water globules that seek out enemies and expand on contact, simultaneously damaging and immobilizing their victims.

MERULINA
Summon Merulina, a rideable creature of the waves, and the inspiration for K-Driving. Merulina protects Yareli by absorbing a large portion of incoming damage.

*Subsumed Helminth Abilities cannot be used while Merulina is active.

AQUABLADES
Tear through foes with a trio of orbiting aquatic blades. *Aquablades is Yareli’s Helminth Ability!

RIPTIDE
Drag enemies into a crushing maelstrom and then blow them away in a watery burst. Each enemy trapped in the vortex increases the burst’s damage.

KOMPRESSA
Launch a volley of virulent, hyper-pressurized, water globules that envelope targets and explode with torrential force. Yareli’s signature pistol.

Please use this thread to let us know your feelings on the following:

• Yareli: general gameplay, passive and abilities
  • Merulina: general gameplay and abilities
  • Kompressa: stats, function, etc.

If you want to let us know your feedback, please make sure that you do so in a civil and constructive manner. Read our How to Provide Good Constructive Feedback thread before posting. If you like something, let us know! If you do not like an element of Yareli’s design, then tell us what it is, and what you would change to make it better! If you have encountered a bug with any of the new content items, be sure to submit a bug report over on our Bug-Hunting Megathread!

Nice <3. Researching then feedback here~

Passive - Nice but would appreciate a grace period for the buff to last (1.5 seconds of moving to activate, 1.5 or more seconds of stopping before the buff expires, like Target Fixation for Zephyr).

Sea Snares - The CC is good, the damage gets quickly outscaled even though it increases over time. The globules have a nasty tendency to smash into walls and pop before reaching their target, as well as all splashing into the same target without any clear benefits like extra snaring duration. The auto-lockon radius for stationary traps seems a tad too small. The flight speed for seeking snares could be faster to cover the distance before the targets get killed early.

Merulina - The double jump height will take getting used to since it can smash your head against the ceiling for a bit of airtime. I feel slightly disappointed that it is not moddable, but I can understand there being a lot of technical hurdle in the way. Still, adding some K-Drive mod effects to being innate for Merulina would be great.

For example, the shockwave (or splash wave) from Bombin' the Landing. Apparently all K-Drives can do this now! Although Merulina's shockwave radius is just 2 meters which really doesn't have a wow factor.

Also from the Warframe Profile, when Yareli spun Merulina (left ctrl to crouch spin), I thought its long tail would knock down enemies, sadly not the case but would definitely be cool.

Aquablades - this ability feels quite expensive for what little it does. The range is far too short for the small damage it deals. From my interpretation It's meant to protect Yareli from melee attackers by slicing them and staggering them away. Even if I wanted to pair it with Riptide by drawing enemies right in front of me, the burst would scatter the collected enemies away making it unnecessarily difficult to try to deal damage with these cool looking but at this time unsatisfying blades.

Things would be different though if say when Yareli with Aquablades goes up to and hits a Sea Snared enemy, she would create a new aquablade circling said enemy to hit other enemies nearby. Imagine this with Riptide drawing in enemies that are snared and with blades. It takes a bit of setup with risk and reward, and can pair well with the damage potential of Riptide's damage increase per enemy.

Also, an optional but interesting synergy, allow Aquablades to also proc Corrosive on enemies trapped by Sea Snares. This will at least help scale the ability to Steel Path.

Riptide - line-of-sight, damage fall off with distance from the cyclone's center, launching enemies into the air and out of range, not strong enough drag force for enemies on the outskirts of the ability's range to make it into the cyclone before Yareli's casting time finishes, an undocumented cast range that depends on Ability Range, relatively small radius.... on top of a full-body animation basically forcing you to stay on Merulina. This ability is cluttered with clunkiness right out of the gate, sorry to say.

• Launch the dead bodies, not the living enemies. Let them settle at the bottom of the cyclone after it bursts. This would synergize greatly with Sea Snares and Aquablades for Yareli who can rush toward the Riptide as she is casting it.
  • Increase the drag force to allow enemies from far away to make it into the cyclone before it bursts.
  • If an enemy trapped by Sea Snares is killed by the burst, let the globule hop to a different enemy that survives Riptide's burst.
  • A bolder approach: HOLD Riptide to create a lasting cyclone and fuel it by draining Yareli's energy per second or for a duration. This Riptide only captures the initial enemies in the radius, but holds them in place for Yareli and her team to dispatch. Tap again to manually deactivate and burst the cyclone, dealing damage in an area that accounts for the enemies that were captured (even if they died).

Edit: Here's a comprehensive list of suggestions, feel free to consider all, any, or none~

Spoiler

Passive

• Add a 1.5 seconds delay for Critical Flow to expire when Yareli stops moving.

Sea Snares

• Added a snared enemy counter as a buff icon next to Yareli's shield/health bars.
  • Number of globules is shown on the ability icon instead of the duration timer of a single snared enemy.
  • Doubled globule move speed when honing into a target.
  • Instead of popping when smashing into walls, globules will now phase through them when honing into a target.
  • Shooting a globule or a snared enemy will change its damage type from Cold to the element with the most damage value on your weapon.
  • Sea Snares' damage per second has now a 25% status chance affected by Ability Strength.
  • Killing a snared enemy caught by the mother globules from a Sea Snares cast now leaves a daughter globule where it died. Daughter globules do not leave new globules on enemy death.
  • Yareli can now bring along with her up to 3 Sea Snares globules by moving through them while Aquablades is active.

Merulina

• Fixed a long list of bugs.
  • Damage redirection can now be modded to a cap of 90% with Ability Strength mods.
  • Transition animations for mounting and dismounting are now affected by Casting Speed mods.
  • Merulina's health bar is invulnerable for 3 seconds when first mounted by Yareli. During this time it absorbs 100% of incoming damage and converts it into extra health after the invulnerability expires.
  • Adjusted K-Drive movement to suit combat in the tight quarters of Star Chart tilesets. U-turns can be done in place without drifting a wide turn causing accidental bumping into things.
  • Aiming with a secondary weapon allows Aim Gliding with Merulina.
  • Tapping LShift with Merulina performs a short dash, functionally mimicking dodge rolls (Rolling Guard now works with Merulina). In midair, this allows Yareli to trigger movement toward a direction instead of falling flat straight down with no way to break free from the fall.
  • Added CC effects to Merulina's tricks. Tail spinning with LCtrl will knockback enemies in a 4 meters radius. Height now increases slam shockwave radius up to 8 meters. Boosting Merulina and ramming into enemies within 2 meters causes knockdown. All affected by Ability Range mods.

Aquablades

• Touching Sea Snared enemies with Aquablades marks them with an Aquablade spinning above their head, which allows them to be hit by all three Aquablades continuously without physical contact. This mark lasts until the enemy dies or stops being snared. Does not stack hits if Yareli parks beside the snared enemies and she already marked them beforehand.
  • Can be reactivated to end the ability early. When ability ends on its own or is reactivated, this causes the three blades to fly out and hone in on the closest enemies to deal Slash damage, proc, and stagger. If they hit a Sea Snared enemy, the blades will bounce off it to hit another target. Each Sea Snared enemy can only have an individual Aquablade bounce off them once. Each bounce increases that Aquablade's damage by 50%.

Riptide

• Damage per tick is adaptive to enemy weakness, becoming Magnetic vs shielded, Corrosive vs armored, and Gas vs Infested flesh. Status procs on each tick.
  • Each enemy dragged in when Yareli first places the Riptide will extend the Riptide's lifetime by 1 second unmoddable. Yareli is only locked in animation during her casting time.
  • Recasting Riptide after Yareli is done her animation, but while it is still active, will create a new Riptide and burst the older one.
  • Enemies can still be dragged in by Riptide while its lifetime is extended, to add to the damage on burst, but do not extend the Riptide's lifetime.
  • 1 Sea Snared enemy dragged in will count as two enemies for the damage on burst.
  • Even if dragged enemies died before Riptide bursts, the damage on burst accounts for the total number of enemies it dragged in during its lifetime.
  • Yareli can surf on Riptide like a solid object, similar to Frost's Snow Globe! Charge your jump and let go when it bursts to get thrown high into the air like the plants on Orb Vallis!

Thanks for your hardwork! Tennocon was a blast to enjoy, and most of Sisters of Parvos are solid additions to the game. Let's hope Yareli will be as great as she can be!

First thing I always do with a new frame is fashion them up, and I've already ran into something that I really dislike. I love that Yareli has gradients, not enough frames do. The issue is that the gradient on the tip of her "cloth" is the same channel as her face and other bits of her actual body. Despite being on the same channel, the cloth-tips and the face have different materials, thus colors look differently on each. I wanted to make an ocean sunset kind of look with purples, oranges, and blues, and I loved the orange gradient tips, but I do not love the orange in the face whatsoever just due to the material and how it looks with orange.

And to go even further, the amount of metallics on Yareli is so miniscule that any color I use is barely noticeable. Like, I wouldn't notice any changes in this channel unless I knew to actually look at it. I'd suggest either merging the metallics with some other channel, or just make it uncolorable so that the cloth-trim and the face can be separated from each other. Neither are suggestions I want to make, but I'm so frustrated with trying to get a look that I like, that I can easily sacrifice the non-existent metallics just to have better options for everywhere else

Please consider either removing the "Get X points in a K-drive Race" step requirements, reducing them or making them complete X amount of races. For someone who has to use a controller due to medical issues for this game, the K-drive handles like a pregnant goat on a ripstick. I have never gotten more than 2700-ish points in a race and seeing that you need 3000 points for the third step means I know I will never complete this quest if they keep scaling like that.

Hi! So this Yareli mission Is ridiculously hard..I bought the waverider pack and it didn't finish the mission..thats a bit insane..595 platinum and you still have to do the mission? Please fix this! I love supporting you guys..but why do the mission. NOW that I own her? Thanks!

The railjack pack is just as much plat and finishes the mission for you..just saying!

Am 6.7.2021 um 18:44 schrieb (XBOX)Marieti84:

Hi! So this Yareli mission Is ridiculously hard..I bought the waverider pack and it didn't finish the mission..thats a bit insane..595 platinum and you still have to do the mission? Please fix this! I love supporting you guys..but why do the mission. NOW that I own her? Thanks!

Get her a second time to feed to Helminth ;)

Edit: So, tbh, I am not perfectly fine yet with her, even with the changes coming to her.

Please shorten the animations of the abilities or make them mobile.

Her passive should build up decay the Crit Rate over time instead of a hard cut once you stop moving.

For her first ability, pls add Armor and Shield Strip. It would really help her nature as a mobile Dps-Frame.

For her second ability, allow all abilities to be used without animations and allow Helminth abilities to be used on the K-Drive. 95% Damage Reduction, also allow us to mod it. Maybe add some extra ability strength or efficiency when using abilities on the K-Drive.

Make her Aqua Blades' range moddable and make the damage scale with enemy level similar to Vaubans puncture Mines. Maybe decrease the base damage as a Helminth ability afterwards, so it doesn't go completely out of control.

Finally on Riptide add massive cold procs and enemy pull. No matter how often you try, scattering enemies all over the place will always be bad. 

Her passive is slightly awkward with having it nearly instantly shut off when you pause for a second

Sea Snares suffer from an odd problem that the both don't do enough damage to kill things in any reasonable speed, but also scaling range doesn't really seem to be good cause there's only 3 of them anyway, and if they can't kill on their own then you don't want them CCing stuff 60m out.

Merulina is fine but why can't we mod her? I get she's buffed up but it seems odd to not reward people who actually grinded out the vent kids stuff. Also she doesn't count as a K-Drive for races... so that's really awkward and I reported that as a bug.

I understand not having Aquablades scale with range and having them only hit exactly what they touch, because if they just hit everything in a scaling radius then they'd probably be really good. But as it sits they are only useful for crowd control, and even getting up to 300% strength it can be a struggle to get them to do anything relevant. They're probably fine for zooming through venus though...

And last and least Riptide... Everyone told y'all that having it group people up only to throw them away a second later would be bad... And it is... Based on her trailer I was expecting it might work similarly to larva with it's augment, or maybe like a vortex or single tornado that you could cancel early. But no. Also it being in a kit that otherwise doesn't scale in the slightest with range is really awkward because it forces you to either not care about it, or build range to make it "better" at grouping (Which it in and of itself is working against you on) but have that range not do anything else for your kit.

TL;DR: She's really really bad... I don't want to come off as too pessimistic or mean about it, even though I'm sure I am. But she can't do anything other than be cute and ride a K-Drive that can't even currently do the one thing they're used for... Sorry.

As I've reported in the Bug Megathread, I have ran into an issue. I can't shoot my secondary weapons on my K-Drive, so I can't complete the first page. If others are being able to complete the other pages, is there some sort of bug that must be happening to me?

Yareli's signature 2 is fun. It's tricky to control, but satisfying. It's genuinely a nice change of pace... Except for the part about losing your companion. You lose vacuum.

In this high speed, mobility focused, loot'n'shoot game, DE has introduced a frame that's even more mobility focused... And taken away an integral QoL mechanic when she's doing the thing she's supposed to be doing. Are we supposed to ride around, kill stuff, then hop off and backtrack for the loot? Was that the intent? Does that sound fun to someone at DE?

It's fine that using the Kdrive in open world maps disables the companion's vacuum; if you're skating around, you're doing that rather than usual mission stuff. You're either getting from point A to B or you're just having fun. It's fine. But Yareli is meant to be using the fishboard in-mission, right? Otherwise, why bother making it a power?

Please add an innate vacuum to Yareli's 2. Otherwise, she's a frame whose signature ability will get Helminth'ed off or she will just not see play.

4 hours ago, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

Yareli gains +100% Critical Chance for Secondary weapons when she has been moving for at least 1.5s.

May I suggest that it also takes 1.5 seconds to decay too ? because currently you press to summon her board and no matter what this hard stops you in your tracks and makes the crit buff fall off while everything else lets you continue to move while casting if done correctly

To preempt this, I do like her design and I think she could be super fun but Im not super thrilled so far.

I have to echo everything stated here by killallu. I havent finished formaing her so maybe there is something that has yet to click for me but all in all I struggle to see what her purpose is and im not seeing any avenue that Is left unexplored that could solve this with just mods.

There are a few different design styles that I see in frames. Some frames are super synergistic, their kits working together to create a unique experience that only exists in that frame. a good example is Sevagoth who's kit plays into itself super well. His aoe slow makes his ult last longer and generally gives him a zone where he is king, even when in shadow form. His shadow form protects his normal form and heals it, making it useful in many situations not just killing.

Yareli however, has a decent bit of antisynergy. Her most consistent ability is her aoe slash glaives which would logically combo with her 4 for aoe damage, right? Well no, the immediate explosion on her 4 makes this barely function at all (if it even does a little, the 4 seems to pull enemies above your 3 vertically). Her 1 also locks enemies down really far away with any range also giving anti synergy with her 4.

Some frames have a "role" within a team. Trinity is a support, vauban is a CC King, saryn is a damage monster.

Yareli however.... Doesnt do anything that I can tell in this regard. In theory she would be used for CC, grouping enemies for easy kills but her best CC ability, the aoe pull in, immediately blasts them into random corners. Now, if she had mechanics to scale damage (technically she does but the "per enemy" scaling drops off fast) to a meaningful degree and this could kill on its own, this ability and its displacement mechanic would be fine but it really doesnt in my experience. Its a bit like the problem with max range limbos who freeze enemies a mile away from the team, it makes the experience harder on the other people instead of easier which is the point of CC frames.

With that said, what do I think should be done?

Now, I again want to echo that I think she is really neat. I dont think much is needed here to create a cool experience. A similar pass to Xaku would do wonders, she just needs to have her specific unique playstyle or role in the team focused a bit. For example, I think the combo of her 4 and her 3 is incredibly cool and fun. It just doesnt play well together. I think making it so her 4 explosion is a choice (kinda like how Nezha's 4 works) and giving an extra scaling passive to her 3 (maybe based on enemy levels, number of enemies hit, or something similar) would make her a lot more cohesive. This would allow her to, in higher levels, CC areas, then dive in with her 2, damaging them with meaningful aoe, and then explode them once primed with slash procs.

Alternatively focus on the CC aspect. Take that 4 change I mentioned (making the explosion an activateable and not forced) and combo it with some change on her 1, maybe increasing the amount spawned based on range like xaku's disarm ability. This wouldnt make a super fun experience but would help cement this identity a bit.

Also, not sure where to put this suggestion but perhaps also remove her 1 duration. In a world where saryn's spores exist why not let yareli have a little infinite scaling damage as a treat.

EDIT: oh and losing vacuum/enemy radar on her 2 is super unfun. I hope this is changed.

2 minutes ago, sitfesz said:

The "Earn 3400 Ventkids Standing in a single K-Drive Race" requirement made me stop my progression.

I really don't like k-drive and yareli being tied to this minigame makes me really concerned.

just find the race with the highest amount of gate active today, should give more than that. There is usualy a 4k standing race available each day

3 minutes ago, s1mpletony said:

Is it just me that the Candidate simply doesn't spawn in a mission? I've tried different Granum crowns, spent 10 Zenith Granum Crowns. Tried to kill treasurer and completed mission goals before entering the Granum Void. But the Candidate just wouldn't spawn, for even a single time. Point me out if I was doing something wrong.

While it could very well be a bug, i need to ask the dumb question: did you complete the Tempestarii quest ?

7 minutes ago, smashedwookie said:

just find the race with the highest amount of gate active today, should give more than that. There is usualy a 4k standing race available each day

Uhh, okay, I'll wait until someone points me to a specific k-drive race, because I already did much more effort than I wanted, yet there is that 3rd party research I would have to do too about k-drive races and it's just not worth it.

so her 2 takes away weapon choice as in forces you into only using your secondary weapon, prevents you from reviving down players, arguably restricts your mobility (frog jump etc) also prevents the use of dodge! while only providing ironskin, not to knock ironskin but its a lot of restrictions for it? restrictions that rule out some entire builds! or least make them janky (rolling guard)

also am I wrong for wanting aqua blades to scale with range? not have to run upto enemies when I can't even melee, for the ability to do anything!

2 hours ago, DTCleric said:

Yareli's signature 2 is fun. It's tricky to control, but satisfying. It's genuinely a nice change of pace... Except for the part about losing your companion

sounds like this part might be a bug

5 minutes ago, sitfesz said:

Uhh, okay, I'll wait until someone points me to a specific k-drive race, because I already did much more effort than I wanted, yet there is that 3rd party research I would have to do too about k-drive races and it's just not worth it.

No need for a 3rd party search to find which of the active race is available, hold M to open the solid map while on k-drive to find the location of the active one, then just start them and see amout of gate you need to cross.

If you really must do a 3rd party search the wiki as the standing gain and the name of all the race which you can see on the leader board next to the kid. Theres evevn an image showing all the locations.

13分钟前 , smashedwookie 说:

While it could very well be a bug, i need to ask the dumb question: did you complete the Tempestarii quest ?

No, I did not. I've been afk for some while. I didn't know this quest is a prerequisite. Thank you for telling me that. I'll do the quest now.

Can I just say how absolutely annoying the constant ragdolls are on K-Drives? Touch the ground wrong, ragdoll. Do a trick too close to the ground, ragdoll. Enemy touch you wrong, ragdoll. Drive over a rock, ragdoll. It's not even funny the first time, it's just annoying. Doing tricks on K-Drives was a lot more fun when they first released and you didn't have to worry about the Copy Kavat Fun Police or being jettisoned into the stratosphere. Archwing has the same problem. Touch the ground, tumble. Touch a wall, tumble. Boost, tumble. Don't use Amesha, tumble. Stop making these vehicles so annoying to navigate the game with, it's definitely not making me want to play with them any more than I have to.

Archived