Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 30.5: Yareli & Kompressa Feedback Megathread (Read First Post!)

[DE]CoreyOnline

She's still MR fodder. Probably not even staying in inventory. 

- why a kdrive frame and you can't use mods? Got to max rank vent kids and can't even use the meager damage mods. I was expecting those mods to see some sort of useful update... smh. Missed opportunity. Get that kdrive in the gear wheel. She doesn't even parallel the kdrive part of the game. 

- 3 needs range or range- determined thickness.

- can you take the durability from her kdrive and make it a new 2? I hate that she basically has to be on her kdrive to have damage reduction. Or flip disability and passive, so crit is on the kdrive. 

Just a heads up that Kompressa projectiles and magnetize don't play well with each other.

The projectile will be given a new course upon hitting the magnetize field, veering it off swifty in a relatively consistent direction, depending it's point of origin. That's a bit unfortunate.

Aside from that, it's a neat gun. Hardly strong enough to use, but neat. So like.. not near as bad as the stug, but just as irrelevant in the grand scheme.. which is unfortunate; I'd use it otherwise.

Haven't played Yareli, so this is the first post I'll be adding to this thread. however, I DO have the research pending for her. So...

Quest: I actually like it, but I do think that without a "manual" system à la Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2, maintaining a combo is REALLY tough unless you know the EXACT two grinding spots that make this easy: The Pearl and the pipe right outside Fortuna. K Drive trick points also feel really inconsistent, and there's no real rhyme or reason as to why some tricks get x3 combo right away, while others don't even register.

Leaving Fortuna and returning to your orbiter feels REALLY clunky. Like, I understand that there are technical limitations, but why not put the book IN the Ventkids' hideout, and give players a copy of it when the quest is finished? The comic itself is AMAZING, And ChickenDrawsDog did a wonderful job.

Bash Lab: Why does this exist? ...No really, why the void does this room need to exist? It has NOTHING in it except a bunch of kids sitting around, and has zero use beyond researching Yareli. Like, was putting her in the Tenno Lab too much to work? Couple that with THREE DAYS of research. On top of that, why is the Kompressa a Ventkids grind and not in here? Even worse is that it's a low level gun, so why is it an endgame tier grind?

Yareli: Visually really cool, and the bug where her dress disappears reveals that there is a lot of modeling done underneath it. ...So, is the dress supposed to be optional? Now the garbage. Note, I do not have this frame, but I have the other 46, sooo... I kinda know what makes a Warframe worth using.

Stats - So, if Yareli is really designed to be a short range frame, why is she so pitifully squishy? Like, 65 armor on launch, buffed to 100 by the day's end? Oh no.

Passive - Really? No grace period, at all? Like not even 0.5 seconds in case my finger slips? Also, lol at the fact the Kompressa has GARBAGE crit stats, making it pointless to use on this Frame. Who let that one go?

Sea Snares - Why does this have a limit of 15 bubbles? Vauban exists. Like, at least make it 30. Otherwise, subsuming Gloom onto this slot almost obsoletes this ability. This should have been her helminth ability, too.

Merulina - Salt incoming. K-Drives are in a rough spot. And rather than use this patch as an opportunity to revisit them, instead we have a frame based off the most incomplete vehicle in the game. Why would I want to ride a hoverboard in a corridor shooter? Outside of some very, VERY specific areas, this is almost a wasted ability slot. Even more frustrating is that we can't use melee on K Drives, which is probably the ONLY weapon I would even want to use on one. I would love to be able to joust enemies with a jet board, but that would require actually having the ability to switch to melee on a K Drive. Having its own health pool is nice, but it doesn't really do much for Yareli to be able to surf away when she's boxed in. Hell, the comic even describes her ONE thing she does is to have the overseer chase her until they both run out of steam. Congratulations, DE, you made a Warframe whose niche, canonically, is running away from a fight. I don't know how that will help my team. Even worse, this is really just a damage filter, as you still take 25% of incoming damage.

Aquablades - Reb stated on Twitter this isn't getting a range buff anytime soon. Why not? Equinox exists. I can cover an entire map with Maim, which basically does the same thing. As with Maim, Aquablades also has some really janky range requirements, only hitting enemies in the actual ring of blades, not inside or outside of it. Is a 12m range too scary for you to have a minor damage circle? This is basically useful only for staggering enemies.

Riptide - What does this ability do? No really. It gathers enemies, then launches them with a few cold procs. It even has falloff. Why? Would it be too much to ask for my ability to actually fully work on the enemies it hits?

Overall - As I've stated, I don't know what this frame's role is in combat. I don't even know if she'd be any good at Driftframe because of how unreliable K Drive movement is. Her CC is spotty at best, her gimmick is broken, she can't take a hit, and her damage is spotty at best. Her passive is completely outshined by Zephyr's, who also does the "suck in enemies" thing better. Who is this frame for? Beginners? Then why do you need to build an entire Dojo room for her? I know once the initial time gate goes away, she'll be a pretty easy frame to build (heart noctrul, scrubber exa-brains, and venerdo alloy are pretty common), but I'm genuinely not sure who though skateboarding in a hallway was a good concept for a frame.

That said, Xaku released similarly poorly and is now my second most used Frame, so there may be something here. But I firmly disagree with the "release underpowered and buff later" pattern that's been going on since Revenant. I would rather have things toned down than turned up. Players will whine. So what? Let them whine. Just release something worth playing.

2 часа назад, Leqesai сказал:

Absolutely not. The whole point of this frame is to be mounted to the kdrive. Your suggestion slaps a penalty to this... The cost+health of the kdrive is not the issue. The issue is that the ability is -pointless- outside of the DR even though it is her main gimmick. If there is an energy cost associated with maintaining the kdrive it needs to do -something- other than give a piddly amount of DR.

For 75% dr, the cost will be small, and zenurik will fully compensate for the costs.

I really wanna echo sentiments on the quest difficulty. Especially for console and controller users.

Don't get me wrong, I actually like most of the quest. It is pretty fun having to use the K-Drive when I wouldn't normally and for the most part I find having to do most of the "feats" that need to be completed not too taxing. And Yareli is a K-Drive oriented frame so I suppose it makes sense that if you want her you should probably brush up on your hoverboarding skills.

But the "Earn 500-2000* Points in a Trick Chain" is just frustratingly hard and quickly kills any enjoyment I was having with the quest. Grinding the pipe near Fortuna while jumping and doing grabs for tricks and then having to turn around and grind back up it at the end? Again while doing tricks or you won't get enough points. All while making sure you don't turn the camera or your character too much while doing said tricks. Cause if you turn either your character or the camera while jumping you'll more than likely slip off. And the turn around at the end also requires a more precise turn cause turn too much(which is very easy to do on controller) and you miss the pipe entirely all resulting in you having to start over. The max I've gotten so far is 1300 points after trying for over an hour. And not consistently.

Oh and don't get me started on trying to do this at the Pearl. 

It's clunky and just feels really, really bad.

1000 should be the highest the quest goes; getting that number is engaging and challenging enough I swear. Especially when the whole questline is already sprinkled with the "50 point Trick" requirements.

*I THINK 2000 is the highest the quest goes. I honestly don't know cause I currently haven't (really tempted to say "can't") gotten past the 1500 point one.

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)Big Roy 324 said:

So Aviator works while on k-drive? If so is it supposed to?

I ran both Aerodynamic and Aviator to see if it worked and from what I saw, I was still taking the same amount of damage, so no they don't work and if they did it's probably a glitch.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)JTheeWiseOne said:

I ran both Aerodynamic and Aviator to see if it worked and from what I saw, I was still taking the same amount of damage, so no they don't work and if they did it's probably a glitch.

So that video probably isn't accurate.  Well darn as soon as I heard that an actual use for this frame came to mind. 

34 minutes ago, (XBOX)Big Roy 324 said:

So that video probably isn't accurate.  Well darn as soon as I heard that an actual use for this frame came to mind. 

100% that video is not accurate. The guy does not know what he is talking about, in the slightest.

12 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

100% that video is not accurate. The guy does not know what he is talking about, in the slightest.

Also most of the arguments I see up here about Yareli is that not of her abilities really synergize with one another. We all agree that her One is her best ability, Her two is kinda points with the way the maps are currently, outside of Open World, her 3 needs ranges, but they aren't gonna give it to her and her 4 doesn't do another for it be her ultimate. 

I'm gonna keep saying that her 4 needs to be her 3, her Aqua Blades should be a Exalted weapon that we can mod (water Glaives) and her 2 needs to be either completely redone or fixed so that it can work on maps that aren't open world.

I'll also go on to say that I haven't seen anyone say they want her to nuke a room that want her powers to at least scale with the enemies they are being used or put a debuff on them that makes it easier to kill. 

This frame feels really incomplete.
Do you guys believe that a secondary should be your main dps source? If so that’s not backed up in the stats on secondary weapons. Feels odd to be stuck with an inferior gun. Especially since single target guns and bows all belong in the trash. Still. Horde game plus single target damage leads to inefficiency. So now imagine trying to go pew pew at an enemy but it takes more like pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew. Meanwhile 15 other enemies are coming from one direction and 10 more are coming from another. So what are you left to do? Surf away... that’s really frustrating. Allow melee and primary use.

When you ride past an enemies they should take damage from slash if directly heat and cold damage from the waves 🌊 you could animate in as she turns. So she could in theory slow down entire hoards of enemies from doing tricks. And by tricking through them and surfing through them kill them? 🤷🏾‍♂️

The blades should be more useful than Xaku’s grasp of lohk or blaze artillery as those are both second abilities with lower energy cost. It he aquablades need to keep enemies from entering inside their ring or they need the hit box needs to be increased to cover the inside of the ring. 

Riptide feels like a second ability. It does nowhere enough damage. Compared to tornadoes, or strangledome (2* dmg multiplier) it provides inadequate cc and groups less efficiently than Zephyr’s second. And those aren’t even the nuke fourth abilities. It should be keeping up with miasma, inferno, thermal sunder. In fact why doesn’t this ability strip armor like frost or Oberon. It should her kit badly needs it. Also holding them a considerable bit longer would strengthen her cc. And allow her to perhaps make use of a primary while everyone is bundled before they are scattered. Also if this ability is meant to be cc heavy then the base range should be like 50% larger. If it’s meant to be a damage dealer then it should deal significantly more damage. But what would be more useful is simply the same mechanic that frost and obi-wan has. 

43 minutes ago, (PSN)JTheeWiseOne said:

I'll also go on to say that I haven't seen anyone say they want her to nuke a room that want her powers to at least scale with the enemies they are being used or put a debuff on them that makes it easier to kill. 

100% this. I don't want her to nuke rooms with ease, I just don't want to feel like I'm being an active detriment to my friends just because I decided to bring her to a steel path mission. Or heck, even just a sortie.

Something I noticed recently, Kompressa is Silent even its explosives' are in the eyes of enemy detection. If the gun was possible to 1 shot an enemy they wouldnt hear the guy next to him explode even though the gun states it is Alarming. This is likely a bug in some way but is at least a bit better considering nearly 0 crit for a signature weapon based on secondary crit passive of Yareli

On 2021-07-06 at 6:25 AM, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

PASSIVE 
Yareli gains +100% Critical Chance for Secondary weapons when she has been moving for at least 1.5s.

This is a great passive but would be nice for a "grace" on the stop moving. Just a little one. The other thing though is that it makes no sense with her signature weapon. The Kompressor is a status based weapon. A fairly good one. But has so little crit, going from 6% to 12% feels absolutely pointless. If it's suposed to be like the Nukor, I would feel better with the weapon on Harrow where I can actually force a decent crit number. Or maybe use it with the Infested Quanta.

SEA SNARES
Form three water globules that seek out enemies and expand on contact, simultaneously damaging and immobilizing their victims.

Solid CC. Crap damage. If this was City of Heroes I would put Yareli in the Controler type of class. I found myself spaming the living heck out of these trying to suspend as much as possible. Really wish it had "Corrosive bubbles" like Hydroid's Corrosive rain augment.

MERULINA
Summon Merulina, a rideable creature of the waves, and the inspiration for K-Driving. Merulina protects Yareli by absorbing a large portion of incoming damage.

*Subsumed Helminth Abilities cannot be used while Merulina is active.

Its nifty, but I would like to be able to mod it with my k-drive mods. Gymick at best as I found myself just using adapatation and moving back and forth constantly.

AQUABLADES
Tear through foes with a trio of orbiting aquatic blades. *Aquablades is Yareli’s Helminth Ability!

Completely unnoteworthy ability. Didn't seem to do enough damage to write home about. Doesn't synergize with anything like rag dolling enemies while on Merulina or getting a wider range or anything like that. Ended up using it to open containers as I ran by them.

RIPTIDE
Drag enemies into a crushing maelstrom and then blow them away in a watery burst. Each enemy trapped in the vortex increases the burst’s damage.

I don't like how far it flings enemies. The other thing is I wished it hung around a while and let me shoot into it to damage all the enemies in it. Not as long as other tether abilities. But a few seconds at least. Needs a synergy. Like a refund or giving energy orbs for those affected by her bubbles.

KOMPRESSA
Launch a volley of virulent, hyper-pressurized, water globules that envelope targets and explode with torrential force. Yareli’s signature pistol.

Again, solid and effective weapon. By why a status based secondary as her signature when she gives crit to secondaries?

I've played Yareli a bit more the past day or so, and have some additional input regarding her overall abilities, skillset synergy, and presumed role in the game.

With regard to her passive: many folks find getting headshots consistently for crits to be demanding even when standing stock still and scoped in on a relatively static target. Her passive applies only to secondary weapons if she's moving, no grace period if she stops moving, and she needs to pull off headshots on targets that are typically not just going to stand there and let you plink them in the melon without a fuss. This has easily got to be one of the most convoluted and potentially most useless passive on a frame to date, and I remember Wukong before he was fixed, so that's saying something. To thoroughly salt the wounds, her "signature weapon" has perhaps the worst base crit chance on a secondary. Personally I'd start from scratch on her passive, but if you're going to keep it, either give that bonus to stat procs so that it meshes with Kompressa as a status-focused weapon, or expand that crit bonus to all weapons. And if the latter, give it a big, generous grace period (gradual % reduction over ~5 seconds after movement stops.)

Speaking of Kompressa, I have yet to find what the benefit actually is of Yareli using Kompressa. I mean, do you get better reload, higher crit chance, extra ammo, free lunch ticket at the tenno lounge, or what exactly? It's not spelled out, as near as I can tell, from within any in-game sources nor the Wiki. This would be nice to know.

Sea Snares - The recent slight buff helped, but still remains woefully inadequate once you reach content around post 40ish. If Yareli is to be the "Queen of CC" (in a game that has all but eschewed practically any style that isn't outright raw damage output), then make the CC count for something. First off, if it's doing cold damage, it should also have a chance at cold proccing. The chance at freezing those entrapped in a snare adds to its overall usefulness. Secondly, either have it strip armor/shields OR have it prime target(s) for Yareli's Ultimate ability to do additional damage and/or status proc application. Also as mentioned in an earlier post, the bubbles appear muted/desaturated to Energy color #1, and doesn't use color #2 at all. Increasing saturation and incorporating the second energy color to make the bubbles more distinctive would greatly improve her fashion frame.

Merulina - Where to even begin on this? Hooboy. Okay, conceptually very cool. Yareli and Merulina are the literal poster children for the Ventkids and K-Drives. She is the prototype, the inspiration behind it all. As such, she should shine with the K-Drive. So, if Merulina is not going to be an exulted "weapon," then at the very least allow it to adopt your equipped K-Drive's mods. Essentially, your KD would become a "stat stick" for Merulina. Properly modded, this would greatly enhance her usefulness. Next, 75% simply isn't enough DR to make the ability useful. Make it 90% at least (or preferably make it like Rhino's Iron Skin), and make it similar to Snow Globe or Iron Skin in that in the first few seconds after summoning, any incoming damage would improve Merulina's overall "health", incentivizing people to remain on Merulina as a form of tanking (particularly in light of her #3, below.) Additionally, improve her ability to move within corridors, not get stuck on doors or the odd bit of terrain, etc. And give her access to all or nearly all of a standard K-Drive's maneuvers. It doesn't seem right that the original is markedly inferior to the copies. EDIT TO ADD: Also, that 1.5 seconds of invulnerability is just plain useless. If you get knocked off Merulina, there is no way you are going to recover from a knockdown, and either protect/defend yourself or get the hell out of dodge before you're one-shot. The invulnerability needs to be much longer or give her innate knockdown immunity while on Merulina. Doesn't mean she can't be knocked off, but at least won't be left sprawled on the ground and ready to be popped like a ripe tick. 

Aquablades - As nearly everyone has already observed, this needs some considerable work. Base range should be increased, and overall radius should scale with range mods. Damage needs to be increased and scale with content. The "no-fly zone" should not simply be in the narrow path of the blades' orbit, but should include everything within that circle. Enemies are not content with standing still at proper distance, they're going to try to glomp you with extreme prejudice. The stagger is fine, but putting a bleed proc, armor debuff or some additional penalty for them standing in the kill zone should be added. 

Riptide - The recent "fix" was a step in the right direction, but doesn't go nearly far enough. Again, Queen of CC needs to bring her A game. Make it a toggle: tap does what it does now, hold the ability button to "vacuum" in targets and hold them there for a period of time, adjustable based on Duration mods. Basically make it Yareli's version of Nidus' Larva skill. Targets that have been "primed" with Sea Snare can take extra damage, proc a Radiation or Freeze status, further armor/shield stripping or some similarly helpful bonus.

Basically make it so when folks see you pull up in a PUG with Yareli, they smile knowing a well-played character is going to make everyone else's job that much easier. Yareli is easily one of the most pleasing additions to the game conceptually. She just needs a fair bit of love making all her kit live up to her potential.

Yareli's animations are being sold but they don't really work with anyone but Yareli.  Merulina doesn't show up so you just awkwardly hug the air on 1 of the animations and the other one you sit on nothing and wiggle your legs, before falling onto the ground. This looks really goofy in bad way. It would look really goofy but also kind of fun if it just showed your kDrive instead. :')

Also I don't think this OPs thread has been updated to the current buffs. It still says 100%crit but its at 200%crit + double damage on all her other abilities now.

Some Merulina ideas for making her more usable in indoor areas.

• Give her improved handling compared to normal K-Drives. Faster acceleration, tighter turning circle when boosting, etc. (Edit: plus a K-Drive mod to pass this improved handling on to normal K-Drives)
  • Yareli can bullet jump off Marulina if her gun is drawn (if her gun isn't drawn, she does the appropriate K-Drive tricks instead). Doing so causes Marulina to briefly dissappear and reappear once the bullet jump is finished.
  • Another thing Yareli could do with her gun drawn could be a short, sharp boost of movement with Merulina by tapping the crouch/slide key, overriding any K-Drive tricks she would do without her gun drawn. This would help a lot with when Merulina gets snagged on corners and the like.
  • When dismissing Merulina, refund some energy based on Merulina's remaining health. This makes it less costly to briefly dismiss then recall Merulina if we hit an obstacle she still cannot pass.

I'm not interested in doing K-drive to get a frame, and I'm not paying plat for her. So, for the first time, I'm going to skip a frame. From what I've seen and read she has a lot of issues, but in particular, I'm really disappointed by her glaives. I thought they would at least break formation and fly around, attacking enemies, and then return to her. Not like Nezha, where they bounce between enemies, but go out, hit one enemy each, then return. Could've been a really fun ability. Too bad, I guess.

Archived