Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 30.5: Yareli & Kompressa Feedback Megathread (Read First Post!)

[DE]CoreyOnline

7 hours ago, ImWithDerp said:

Give it improved handling compared to normal K-Drives. Faster acceleration, tighter turning circle when boosting, etc

Kdrive needs retuned across the board. Theae changes should universally affect kdrives. 

This hasnt been a topic for a very ling time because until yareli kdrive has been kind of a joke, but since they are making it part of the actual gameplay it needs to be better. 

14 hours ago, Thanks_Pumpkin said:

Yareli's animations are being sold but they don't really work with anyone but Yareli.  Merulina doesn't show up so you just awkwardly hug the air on 1 of the animations and the other one you sit on nothing and wiggle your legs, before falling onto the ground. This looks really goofy in bad way. It would look really goofy but also kind of fun if it just showed your kDrive instead. :')

Also I don't think this OPs thread has been updated to the current buffs. It still says 100%crit but its at 200%crit + double damage on all her other abilities now.

This seems to be a bug. I have them on my Nezha and it displays Merulina just fine. Might be for certain frames that are affected, though I do agree about it changing to fit your current K-Drive instead of Merulina.

First, two bugs I've found -

Spoiler

Subsuming an ability over Merulina does not hide the Merulina Customization, and replaces its Icon. I assume you may want it to remain since it'll factor into her animations though.

E90OPvM.png

Additionally, I found my Kuva Flood reward (doubled by a Smeeta to boot) eaten, I suspect it was because I was riding Merulina at that time. (Valkyr extracted me cuz I went down while screenshotting and then screwing up the screenshot of the smeeta buff when I nabbed extraction's screenshot too)
rkbJvrz.png

Overall Impression of Yareli: I like her! She's mostly fun, but with a few frustrating points.

Feedback for Yareli's game-design: Reviewing each ability individually, and then at the end, all proposed synergies that could be considered for her. I don't even think applying all of my suggestions would elevate her to be the new universal favorite or meta frame, but I also don't expect DE to apply all of these suggestions, I just want to offer some options that they could pick and choose from to make Yareli feel more competitive to the rest of the Warframe roster.

Passive

Spoiler

Neat!

As others say though, I'd prefer a better grace period AND (/or) decay on her buff vanishing when motion stops/slows. It also significantly shoehorns (or "encourages") you to use crit-based secondaries, I would prefer if it was a flat 20 or 30% added (not multiplicative off of the base crit chance of the weapon). I also wish we could choose to use status secondaries and remain effective. Maybe just flat-additive 15%-25% for both crit and status chance, so that non-meta weapons get some good mileage with her, instead of reinforcing meta high-crit or hybrid crit/stat weapons being king?

Edit (additions): In my opinion though, I feel like Yareli's Merulina could be her Passive, activated via a maneuver, in the same way Limbo's Rift is accessible to him via Dodge-Rolls.

Alternatively to both of the above and the current one (as all sound rife with potential for awkwardness) it might be nice for Yareli to just have a modest flat weapon damage boost and/or power strength/damage boost when she's been in motion.

Sea Snares

Spoiler

Also neat! They aren't doing any Cold procs though. Additionally, existing Snared enemies consume new casts without refreshing the duration, or increasing the damage being dealt. ONE or more of those should be occurring, if not all of them. The ones that don't immediately see an enemy in range have an extremely poor range for delayed-targeting of approaching enemies. If the range is 1/3 or 1/2 of the immediate-seek range, I'd urge you to bring it up to at least 2/3s the range, the current delayed-targeting range feels VERY ungenerous (especially considering her 3rd ability doesn't get any benefit from Range, and her 4th ability's range is miniscule). Alternatively, or in addition, could they have a hold-cast behavior, where they continue to travel an extra few seconds compared to the short initial movement currently.

Merulina

Spoiler

Fun! A bit frustrating at times though. Dear goodness, please make her not hit her noggin on doorways so easily, whether that's just by adjusting/fudging the hitbox, or by having her crouch more. I know I'd also prefer her to have a "flight" mechanic for a second jump (increasing current upwards momentum/velocity on hold, and stalling a descent, maybe as conjured midair waves or waterspouts or sending a spray backwards?) rather than the ability to have such ludicrous overkill of a chargeable first-jump. Having a floating mechanic would help make Merulina better at competing with Warframe mobility/flexibility.

No vacuum? (Edit: Must just be a sporadic bug)

Edit (addition): No ability to refresh ally/Specter Wisp motes from on Merulina?

No ability to grind on Ziplines?

Also, why can't we equip any of our existing K-Drive mods onto Merulina in order to custom-tailor our mobility experience on her? If Merulina functionally has a quantity of the behaviors that I just missed (is that why she jumps so high and has the double-jump?) could you consider just disallowing those specific mods, or allow them and reduce Merulina's base stats, or allow the mods with half-effectiveness? It seems silly to make a K-Drive-based Warframe, that we earn K Drive standing while doing her quest, but can't apply any of the K-Drive faction's mods to her.
Could we be also allowed to equip any of our existing K Drive's appearances or skins as well?

K Drives in general, imo, along with Merulina, need some better handling, air control, and degree of auto-dodging/pathfinding. It's totally fair to be stopped by an entire wall, or take a tumble because you crashed DIRECTLY into a larger obstacle, but small obstacles, or barely-brushing things at an angle, should not send you tumbling or fully stopping you, and frustrates the entire purpose of Merulina/K-Drives being a mobility-focused option. Also, I've frequently found jumping to send me backwards because of ceiling slopes, even while trying to drive forward.

Having no (known/apparent) synergies with her other abilities, and disallowing even 1-handed ability casts of other infused Warframe abilities (tested with Hydroid's Tempest Barrage), along with some of the clunky behaviors, in it's current iteration, makes this THE ability that players will replace with something from the Helminth System, so that they always have access to 100% of their kit (whether they choose a different mobility, survivability, DPS, or other ability type).

Aquablades

Spoiler

Kinda fun, but very underwhelming.

I desperately feel like this ability needs some stat-tweaks and/or baseline functionality additions. Range (why is there seemingly no vertical component? Ideally make the horizontal range mod-able as well), base damage, some way for the damage or CC to scale better at higher levels (, and dropping the Energy Drain to 50. This ability barely feels like it's worth casting, even when using positive Duration, Efficiency, and Strength builds.

I also desperately feel like this ability could be fun as hell if it was more interactive than just "activate whenever it times out and you have energy/enemies". Hold while already active to increase speed, disc radius/range, and/or tap to send one or all of the blades flying either at your crosshair, or homing into an enemy like Ash's Shuriken. Or re-cast early to replace or dismiss them and have the previous Aquablades spiral outwards until they hit a significant piece of terrain (give them a small amount of punchthrough). Or allow us to just refresh and stack more Aquablades up to several instances at once, stacking the damage and marginally increasing the total range (until the prior instances expire).

Having on on-expire additional effect would be neat as well, such as the prior mentioned spiralling-out be the default behavior upon the duration expiring.

Riptide

Spoiler

This ability feels like it does very little, for a very big cost, like Aquablades. It's inferior to Nidus' Larva or Zephyr's Airburst for enemy-grouping, since Yareli is locked in her animation and can't use Melee or Guns while they're clumped up, and the overall damage is pretty sad even when you have groups of 20 giving you more bonus damage (level 175 corrupted butchers survive even at a 149% Power strength). Vauban's Photon Strike's level-based scaling would be ideal to add to this ability. Along with minor synergy suggestions coming next. All in all though, I can see why you'd not want to trivialize content entirely by having an ability that both groups up AND damages/kills to a ridiculous degree, please just make sure you're making it worth the energy to cast as compared to other Warframe abilities that will do one or the other way better than Riptide does. People already think Vauban's Photon Strike is a bit of a joke and isn't worth the energy compared to just using his Minelayer and Vortex as a combo, and Yareli's Riptide feels like it's a worse Vortex and Photon strike, on top of a kit that's already very light on DPS.

On Synergy: Yareli seemingly has no synergies at all, as I wouldn't consider her 1 continuing to do what you expect for the energy you spent on it, or "having survival/mobility ability active and being able to cast abilities" to be synergies. Granted, not all Warframes need a ton of synergy, abilities without synergies feel like good options for Helminth Abilities anyways, as either replacements or abilities to be replaced, as it doesn't affect other kit synergies. But here are my suggestions if you want to buff Yareli via synergies, rather than (or in addition to) straight buffs to each individual ability.

Spoiler

Sea Snares and Riptide - Have Riptide perform a LoS check, and rocket any Sea Snares (floating or containing enemies) within an extremely generous radius, into the Riptide for additional damage (and enemy-grouping).

Merulina and all abilities - Aim-assists and larger ability ranges to compensate for the lack of precision and faster-paced, lower-accuracy gameplay being performed on Merulina. Please also have Ability damage and/or kills, or K Drive Maneuvers/Tricks heal Merulina.

Aquablades and Sea Snares and/or Riptide - If my prior suggestions of having Aquablades un-tether or spiral or shoot away from Yareli rather than just vanish are taken, or even if the abilities are just active in proximity to each other, have Aquablades diverge and cut through Sea Snares and/or Riptide when within a certain range.

I really hope you genuinely consider taking any of this feedback into consideration in order to make Yareli a more competitive/potent addition to the Warframe lineup.

She's pretty fun already too though, thanks DE!

Hi!! I'm enjoying the Yareli playstyle a lot, but I've found an issue recently that I wanted to report. I'm not sure if this is intentional, but it definitely feels a bit like a bug. You can't pick up points in the Index while on Merulina :( Or Wisp motes :( 

EDIT: I'm also finding that running out of ammo is an issue. When you're on Merulina, you can only use your secondary, which leads to ammo issues IMO. I wonder if there's any kind of synergy that can be implemented in regards to secondary ammo...

Just played my first few games with yareli and would first like to say im loving her. Her abilities all feel fun just feels like there needs to be more clue to bind them together.

First I heard of riptide I had presumed the ability would be held until release and was quite shocked to see that it wasnt. I feel like allowing her to channel this ability to continue the gathering of enemies would allow her to capitalise alot more on the per enemy damage increase, that or have the gather time determined by power duration with the ability to rush to the explosion on a recast.

Seasnares and riptide are also very thematically similar with trapping enemies in a watery grave and so feel there could be some good opportunities for synergy. It may be quite difficult to seasnare enemies in a specific area to cast riptide and also, why not just cast riptide if enemies are already in a group as you dont need to snare them to prepare. To give more incentive for seasnares it would be great to see if sea snared enemies could benefit riptide more. i.e being sucked in if within double riptide range or even contributing to the damage bonus of riptide even if they are not present within the central pool (though potentially at a reduced damage amount due to the potential to have 15 seasnared targets).

Aqua blades is a nice passive ability you can cast to stun melee and be braver running into crowds on an otherwise more fragile frame especially when paired with merulina. as these abilities pair so nicely it might be befitting for merulina to gain her own set of aquablades or to provide yaerli with additional blades/ blade range. This could create some really nice hit and run startegies where maybe you bring along your panzer vulpaphyla or a heavy status viral secondary, proc a whole group, hop on merulina for a quick drift around the group with enhanced aqua blades to shred them up then return to a position of safety again. 

I look forward to seeing how she's adapted in the coming weeks, great work as always guys x

Yareli's quest was the most unenjoyable to date. I know you want your failure to be good but k-drives are awful and making people use them for a quest doesn't suddenly make them good. Oh what fun it was to precisely land those slams and fall over every little terrain change. And some of you had the audacity in the past to be mad that people use archwings over the hoverboards. I seriously hope this is the last k-drive related content in the game.

After putting 3 forma on her and replacing her 2 with breach surge i can say i am having fun with her now. So funny to see peoples reaction when i bring her in missions and still having to keep up with the squad. 

Her 3 and 4 still need alot of work but overall she is ok. Cant wait to see what changes they are going to make.

About Yareli

I have fun with her, so much I put an Umbral Forma on her. However, her kit needs to synergize more, to not just be fun, but be responsive & powerful when used together.

Here's my proposed additions. Anything with synergy really.

Sea Snares: enemies caught in it receives increased damage from elemental attacks, 2x if it's base elemental damage like Cold.

Merulina: Give it innate special abilities (Boost splashes waves to stagger on her side; tail spin knockdowns ; ground pound (or landing tricks) causes small AoE Lifting status). All effects last longer if the enemies are caught in Sea Snares.

Aquablades: Enemies caught in Sea Snares take increased damage and status chance from the blades.

Riptide: Hold, allowing you to rapid-cast it (has a delay to prevent insta-cast) or to ensnare more enemies before releasing. Also, enemies caught in the Maestrom gets their status stacks doubled (stacks multiplier affected by Strength). Lastly, enemies caught in Sea Snares, no matter the range, will be pulled towards Riptide at rapid speed (if too far or blocked by obstacles, it may still not reach Riptide before the explosion)

About Kompressa

Any reason it has no special effects when wielded by Yareli? Also, why is it a status gun when Yareli's passive is a crit one? I think this can be arranged by adding a benefitial special effect as her Signature weapon, since her passive is useless for her own gun.

After putting 3 forma on her and replacing her 2 with breach surge i can say i am having fun with her now. So funny to see peoples reaction when i bring her in missions and still having to keep up with the squad. 

Her 3 and 4 still need alot of work but overall she is ok. Cant wait to see what changes they are going to make.

Yareli on Merulina is too damn tall!

Girl needs to get down more to normal Warframe height while riding because she keeps bumping into ceilings and doorways. One option is to just shrink her, but a more effective solution might be to move Merulina down so that she swims through the ground (creating a puddle of water that she appears to be in, compare with Hydroid's kraken). There's a lot of height to be cut just from that alone, which might even be enough. Would it look slightly wonky once in a while, in certain situations? Maybe, but I'll take "slightly wonky-looking" over a frustrating player experience any day.

Let’s Rework Yareli, the Waverider

This is my first post here on the forum. Maybe I'll do more, as I love brainstorming ways on how to change or improve things. Naturally, thoughts and suggestions are always welcome. Since Yareli seems to be the topic of the day, and I've seen a bunch of posts on this very forum on how to improve her, here's my attempt.

Preamble: fun is paramount. While a good looking frame can certainly provide fun at the lowest of levels, most players aim toward higher tier content, such as the Steel Path and endless missions. Having a kit that not only provides no benefits in the pursuit of such things, and even having an ability that seems barely useable (K-Drive) can easily make what should have been a fun ride into a frustrating experience. Thus, and since I had the idea anyway after just a bit of sleep, I decided to put my 2 cents into the bowl and share with everyone that cares to listen my concept for a rework to Yareli.

Stats: keep as is

Note: all abilities should have at least a chance of inflicting cold procs

Passive:

Add: The buff is retained for 1.5 sec while standing still, and the duration is reset when Yareli starts moving again. (this is simple quality, and it should help prevent some frustration)

Sea Snares:

Change: five water globules

To: increase number of globes scaling with range, increase flight speed of globes scaling with duration (this is simple quality, and ensures the ability can even take effect in the heat of battle)

Change: damage increases over time (this is currently almost non-existent)

To: the trapped enemies lose 0.5% of their total health every second (true damage, bypassing armor)

Add: synergy with Merulina. While Merulina is active, it regains health equal to the health/shield lost by enemies trapped in Sea Snares (having synergies reinforces a playstyle that includes all abilities. This should help keep Yareli alive even in higher levels of play)

Merulina:

Change: 75% damage transfer

To: 50-90% damage transfer, scaling with strength (75 at 100%)

Change: disables companions

To: still allows companions (this is simple, we still need our vacuum/fetch)

Add: make Merulina accept K-Drive mods (where’s the point in an exalted K-Drive if you can’t use K-Drive mods?)

Add: can not be knocked off Merulina by any means (where’s the point in an exalted K-Drive if you can’t drive it because you stumble over the environment?)

Add: Merulina can lose no more than 10% of its health to a single damage instance (this should prevent Merulina being killed instantly, regardless of its health)

Add: when colliding with enemies, creates a 1 meter radial wave around Merulina that inflicts a guaranteed cold proc. Has a 0.5 second cooldown to avoid infinite triggering on ragdolled enemies. (driving people over should at least have some effect)

Add: synergies with all other abilities. (detailed in other abilities). Since Merulina is supposed to be the focal point of Yareli’s kit, it is only fitting for all synergies to be tied to it.

Aquablades:

Change: blades of fixed size (there are issues with changing the radius of the orbit, since this ability uses a hitbox, rather than line-of-sight)

To: the diameter of the blades scales with range (this can effectively increase the area the ability covers)

Add: incoming damage is decreased by an amount equal to the modded damage of the Aquablades, up to 90% of incoming damage (the description in the Sisters of Parvos update notes read these as “protective blades”, so I’m going with that. Since it is an absolute value that is based at 500, it should fall off fairly quickly towards higher levels, so balance is not an issue)

Add: synergy with Merulina. Damage taken by Merulina is added to the damage of the aquablades for 1.5 seconds (this is similar to Revenants Danse Macabre, and it should promote a more active and risk-taking playstyle in the midst of enemies)

Riptide:

Note: fundamentally changing the ability might be too much work, or the time limited. In such a case, sticking to the pre-existing animations, I would propose the following changes.

Change: explodes once the casting animation finishes

To: lingers for 3 seconds, continuously pulling in enemies that enter the range. Deals 1000 cold damage per second, growing by 10% multiplicatively per enemy. Decreases armor by 10% per second, growing 2% for every second that passes. Detonates for 1500 + enemy level cold damage, growing by 50% multiplicatively for every second every enemy spend in the ability. Duration scales with duration, damage scales with strength, pull range scales with range. Pull range increases by 20% per second for the entire duration the ability is active. Armor strip, damage per enemy level, and percentage based increases do not scale with mods. Increase per enemy caps at 10 enemies.

Riptide Alternative:

The following ability would be the ideal in my opinion. A unique blend of style and the merging of melee and gunplay as is the goal aspired by the Sisters of Parvos update.

Change: the entire ability

To: an exalted glaive. Glaives mesh incredibly well with single sidearms, such as Yareli’s signature weapon. Use a stance with wide, arcing strikes to fit with the general style of the warframe. (glaives in particular also have the only mods that synergise with guns, specifically with secondaries)

Add: the original riptide as the heavy attack explosion of the glaive. Consumes 25 energy on heavy attack throw. This still keeps the damage increase per enemy, but now accepts melee mods.

Add: synergy with Merulina. This glaive can be used on Merulina, but only to make throws. While on merulina, the cost of the heavy attack detonation is halved. (a lot of people don’t like being limited to secondary weapons while using K-Drives. This allows for some continued synergy between ranged an melee weapons, especially when taking the new Arcane Dexterity into account)

(this shouldn’t be too difficult to implement. A non-issue on foot, and limited to the first & second throw of glaives; the spinning even fits with the trick-theme of K-Drives)

Hello!

First I really love and enjoy playing Yareli. I have 5 Forma in her and shes 3% of my profile. (wisp is 50% so that's a lot.) 

Some things I think would make her not feel so out of the box. 

Use of her Primary/Melee weapon on the Kdrive. while I realize this would be a huge difference from normal Kdriving,  still think it would be in line with her - Shes the OG anyway right?! Or maybe a new kind of weapon all together for Kdrives.   

Moding Merulina. Why not add some Unique things like Health or energy regen while on her or damage when ran over. A trail path left behind. That kind of thing would make Merulina feel better. 

Her Sea Snares need a bit of a damage buff, otherwise these are fun to use and awesome cc. One thing that could be added just as an extra boost is extra shielding to allies. the bubbles attach and add extra shielding. In her lore she was a rescuer and protecter, I feel this would be appropriate.  

Her Aquablades should scale with ability range, the damage is a little lacking but only at the higher lvl of content.

Her Riptide is awesome! The update made to the throw was good, I think scaling a little harder with range would make it better and keep it in like with balance. 

General gameplay Feedback ~

I don't really like taking her on missions I need to be fast on, I feel my Kdrive maneuvering is decent but its just very awkward in hallways, small rooms ect. 

I love taking her on defense, survival, mobile defense type missions where I mostly get to stay in the same place.

she's a blast in open world! 

Steel path - Sometimes but only using secondary weapon in steel path doesnt work well and she doesnt have the damage to kill enemies with her abilities. 

Sisters - No.. but I struggle with killing sisters with a lot of frames so I don't think this is entirely a Yareli problem. 

I hope this feedback is useful 

- from someone who loves Yareli, Thank you!

I noticed a few people suggesting that her exalted k-drive needs to take mods, god please no!! last thing I want is to further commit to the k-drive meme.

While watching her idle animations you can see her pull out Merulina and give it a hug, make that an option ? press to pull Merulina out in front of you like a shield or hold to mount like a k-drvie?

1 hour ago, _Anise_ said:

I noticed a few people suggesting that her exalted k-drive needs to take mods, god please no!! last thing I want is to further commit to the k-drive meme.

While watching her idle animations you can see her pull out Merulina and give it a hug, make that an option ? press to pull Merulina out in front of you like a shield or hold to mount like a k-drvie?

I say just get ride of the whole K-Drive gimmick at this point unless that do something that make using K-drives in normal missions that aren't open world better.

Please let us get the parts from bounties or something.

I mean K drive was cool when it first came out but I honestly don't feel like doing any of the K-drive stuff now. Been there done that. 

Open worlds are almost like seperate minigames and the game is now forcing us to play a mini game within a minigame.

17 minutes ago, (PSN)JTheeWiseOne said:

I say just get ride of the whole K-Drive gimmick at this point unless that do something that make using K-drives in normal missions that aren't open world better.

That's absolutely not going to happen.  The K drive thing is the only reason Yareli even exists.  Without it, she's just an even worse Hydroid.  Well, with it she's still an even worse Hydroid.  But any talk/suggestions of buffs and/or reworks are only realistic if they keep Merulina as a K drive.

Just now, sunderthefirmament said:

Without it, she's just an even worse Hydroid

Yet I am seeing lots of people play Yareli, last sortie I did we had a Yareli that didn't k-drive once and I had to revive her 3 times!! people are playing her because she is cute at this point even though she is almost unplayable in small packed corridor missions.

1 minute ago, _Anise_ said:

Yet I am seeing lots of people play Yareli, last sortie I did we had a Yareli that didn't k-drive once and I had to revive her 3 times!! people are playing her because she is cute at this point even though she is almost unplayable in small packed corridor missions.

Of course people are playing her, lol.  She's shiny and new.  And cute, like you said.  I don't know if cuteness alone will keep her in rotation, though.  DE has given some signs that buffs are on the horizon for her... after Tennocon.

16 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

That's absolutely not going to happen.  The K drive thing is the only reason Yareli even exists.  Without it, she's just an even worse Hydroid.  Well, with it she's still an even worse Hydroid.  But any talk/suggestions of buffs and/or reworks are only realistic if they keep Merulina as a K drive.

But the thing is, she already is worst than Hydroid. I took the K-Drive ability off of her and i was able to survive higher level missions. Her K-Drive abilities doesn't nothing, but make her hard to control (I get around faster by bullet jumping and rolling and running when not in open world.), and makes her a much larger target. The 75% DR doesn't do much for her in late-game content. Plus, it does nothing for her abilities other than let her move around while casting them. (Too bad the abilities don't really do much as is.)

The K-Drive abilities is suppose to be her gimmick, but her 1 is better by far...(And even that ability is bad, but at least it does something.)

6 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Of course people are playing her, lol.  She's shiny and new.  And cute, like you said.  I don't know if cuteness alone will keep her in rotation, though.  DE has given some signs that buffs are on the horizon for her... after Tennocon.

Not gonna lie I got her because I thought she was cute, but I haven't touched her since I leveled her up to 30.

Archived