Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 30.5: Yareli & Kompressa Feedback Megathread (Read First Post!)

[DE]CoreyOnline

2 hours ago, murekemursujokapieras said:

or perhaps function so that it can hold any amount of enemies but the duration shortens with more enemies.

I believe Sea Snares can lift any number of enemies - you're just limited on the number of unattached sea snares.  So once the once you've cast are attached to something, you can make new ones.

On 06/07/2021 at 18:19, spudster888. said:

Então yareli precisa de ajuda. Em primeiro lugar, seus 2 controles como lixo absoluto e a quantidade de deriva que precisa ser atenuada. Além disso, seu 4 precisa de um buff de dano, a escala é horrível. Seus 3 realmente deveriam ser afetados por mods de alcance, em seu estado atual é meh, no entanto, parece superar seus 4 contra inimigos blindados, o que é engraçado. A ideia dela é legal, mas a execução é desajeitada e requer mudanças. 

I completely agree with you, and even after buff yareli it remains weak.

I feel that Merulina could use some improvement:

• anti-knockdown mods should be applicable while on it in that they would prevent getting knocked off it when activated (except for faceplanting into a rock or similar? Mostly want it for explosions or other combat-actual effects).
  • Vacuum works, but at reduced radius. Seems due to being higher up off the ground so its effective sphere of influence is as well. Fetch appears to be gone entirely though.
  • Being able to effectively aim-glide while on Merulina would be amazingly helpful, especially in larger areas where you can get air time. Even with saturation bombing type secondaries, hitting targets can be really difficult at speed. I would happily kill any momentum to have some hang time to nail some guys. This could also be applicable all the time while on Merulina maybe? Getting a precise shot with the acceleration is kind of hard in general, forcing a slower speed when aiming could go a long way with that.

Riptide feels like it could really capitalize on a larger gather radius, however being the only ability that really needs any range modding it wont see that a whole lot. Having it slam the enemies back down into the floor instead of throwing them out would also be very helpful, as throwing enemies randomly around a room has been a problem on other abilities as well. 

On 2021-07-12 at 12:58 PM, mauromw said:

Passive: With Zephyr having Critical Chance on the passive, i was thinking we can change this by focusing on Merulina, giving her more benefits on using this skill. Each time Yareli casts merulina, will get: 80% Status duration reduction, and Status Cleaning with a cooldown of 30 secs. Why this? Well, first because she needs to be focused on merulina and his skills for evade the danger, and the damage buff feels like doesnt have so much sense, adding that you need to use merulina all the time because of the damage reduction, and cannot use his primary weapon so critical chance will only benefit the secondary weapon. 

Yareli *already* is completely status cleansed and status IMMUNE when you ride Merulina. This would be a nerf

This is my initial feedback after using her for a bit , may add more later. and overall i gotta say i think she is mediocre , she tries to be versatile but falls short on most fronts.

PASSIVE 
the 200% CC is not bad for a passive. wish it wasn't an "all or nothing" buff , would be nice if it gradually increased with movement (like gauss/volt) and slowly reduced when standing still.

SEA SNARES
Its a decent CC ability , but the fact that you can only hold up to a max 15 enemies is a bit of a shame, also would be interesting if each time you kill ,a snared enemy, you create an additional sea snare / just free up that snare for its remaining duration to catch more enemies could help with a more consistent uptime without needing to cast regularlyl. i also notice the "seek time" for snares is a bit slow, i have seem enemies spawn in the middle of sea snare (kuva siphon) and get a couple of free shots (enough to kill me a few times) before the snare even notices them.

i am really disappointed by the lack of noticeable synergy with the rest of her kit (the riptide one is the only marginally noticeable one and it still doesn't really work properly half the time considering the slow pull speed and the large ragdoll burst as a result), would be cool if

a) when struck by aquablades (or cast while aquablades is active) a snare is split in two and follows the player at half snare range, This would double the effective CC and allow for a more mobile play.

b) Killing enemies in sea snare gives a percentage of enemy health to Merulina.

c) If riptide is cast , and sucks an enemy with an active snare , all enemies caught will be frozen and will receive true damage on impact with surroundings (just like frost snow globe)

d) enemies dying in sea snare releases it to seek other enemies for the remaining duration.

MERULINA

This is by far the ability that is the most disappointing , a k drive that cannot use k drive mods was bad enough, but trying to maneuver this thing on most of the tilesets is a chore by itself. the number of times i had to dismount just so i could jump (a single jump mind you) into a vent/pipe/narrow corridor was too damn high! any DR obtained is invalidated by how often i am stuck and shot down and how squishy merulina herself is ,with no means to replenish her health.

It is fun on open worlds, but on open worlds i have access to my fully modded kdrive and a different frame that feels more fluid on skates (Nezha says hi) and so a lot more fun.

Once again poor synergy is obvious but even non synergized utility is missing.

i would suggest the following:

a) Means to replenish health to merulina (via sea snares as suggested above)

b) Means to replenish energy like a weaker juiced mod when doing tricks (say 10 energy for every 50 points or so),

c) Means to add overshields via riptide , every enemy caught in riptide gives 10 overshields on release.

d) ability to aim glide would go a long way in making the movement manageable.

e) Allow modding, to take advanatage of some of the unique effects.

I don't think there is any way to make the maneuvering better , unless you add context sensitive actions when trying to go through doors/small corridors.

AQUABLADES

Its OK , i dont really see it having any specific problems by itself , its more of a "keep away" ability than anything else and gives an nice pre melee attack slash proc to most enemies approaching. but as mentioned , some noticeable synergy with other abilities would be welcome.

would suggest:

a) rotation speed increases with movement/duration ,

b) casting riptide when aquablades is active also has a chance to proc Slash on enemies

c) can split sea snares and have them follow yarelli (as mentioned above).

RIPTIDE

Is also ok , gives a little CC and ok damage but the only gripe i have is that yarelli cant do anything while the enemies are grouped. having enemies grouped is a big advantage that cannot be actually utilized. i would suggest the following:

a) Riptide is a two step ability , on cast it sucks all enemies within range (and keeps dragging more enemies from snares) for 5 seconds. yarelli can then start shooting into the mass of enemies to do damage (no bonus or such , just plain weapon damage).

b) sucking enemies with sea snares will freeze enemies when it releases (as mentioned above) enemies recieve true damage similar to frost snow globe when they hit obstacles if frozen and still under influence of sea snares.

c) enemies receive slash procs if aquablades were active when cast (as mentioned above)

d) Yarelli receives overshields for every enemy caught in it while on merulina.

d) going through the active riptide/being in the range of splash will provide status cleanse to allies.

Simply increasing damage numbers wont be making me play her , she is too clumsy.

Yareli is fun to play. Her main gimmick, cruising around on Merulina and tearing things up with a secondary weapon, is overall good and fun, and her passive works well to support this pattern.

Her main gimmick has a weakness, however, in that many rooms are too small to use Merulina effectively, and Yareli’s defense depends on having Merulina active. I think that this could be improved if Merulina were made a little smaller, so as to collide with the room less, and perhaps if Merulina were able to do some parkour maneuvers. For example, if Merulina could grind on walls the way that K-Drives can naturally grind on rails, that could help navigate small, compact areas more fluidly.

Also, we should be able to mod Merulina like any other K-Drive. The interface for that exists, the mods exist, and some of them would be great for Yareli. The ones that spend and regain energy would be very interesting, and the ones which deal damage would also be very interesting, especially if their damage is affected by Yareli’s power strength.

Also, mods which prevent knockdown and stagger should also prevent Yareli from being knocked off of Merulina.

Yareli’s other abilities are less useful, mainly because they don’t synergize well with her gimmick.

* Sea Snares has a fun and useful effect, but is too slow and short-ranged to work well with her usual pattern of gliding around, so there is little incentive to use it.

* Sea Snares would be better if its projectiles were launched in a tighter spread, traveled faster, and homed on enemies from farther away. This would make it more useful in general, and especially while riding Merulina. This behavior could also be controllable as a tap vs. hold pattern - perhaps tapping the ability launches just one snare at higher velocity, and holding the ability launches three or five in a progressively wider spread and at lower velocity.

* Sea Snares could also have synergy with Merulina - perhaps if we make Merulina collide with an enemy caught in a snare, the snare would pop and deal a large amount of damage to its victim.

* Aquablades doesn’t mesh well with Yareli’s movement pattern - glancing hits from it aren’t significant, but to really get the most out of it you want to get close to the enemy and stand still, and these are not things that Yareli wants to do.

* Aquablades could be improved by allowing the mods on Yareli’s melee weapon to affect them. This would make them much more potent, which would be a good payoff for the risk involved in getting close enough to hit enemies with them. To balance this, their damage probably would need to be decreased.

* Instead of having Aquablades have a duration, they could have no time limit but instead be charge-based - six charges, one blade per charge, one hit per blade, and adding duration increases the number of charges. This would be less of a distraction while riding around on Merulina, and could help further mitigate their strength if they are changed to let melee mods affect them.

* Aquablades could be altered so that making a melee attack launches one of the blades like a glaive. This would give them a useful secondary purpose, especially if we were able to launch them like this while riding Merulina. If Aquablades has a duration, then the blade would come back after launching it, but if the ability is altered to have charges instead, then launching a blade would consume a charge.

* Riptide has potential, but it currently functions largely as a medium-radius vacuum nuke which also makes a mess afterwards, which isn’t especially something that Yareli has much use for.

* Riptide would be greatly improved if it would hold enemies for a short time before exploding, allowing us to shoot its captives while they are restrained. Perhaps we could recast it before it expired to end it early, or hold-cast for a more forceful explosion. It could also be modified to increase the damage which its captives take from other sources.

* Sea Snares could be altered to interact with Riptide, so that Riptide would pull in snared enemies from much farther away. This would make Sea Snares more useful by allowing us to manipulate enemies in large and interesting ways.

* Aquablades could be altered to interact with Sea Snares. The blades could do more damage to snared targets, or spread the snare when they strike a snared target. If the blades can be launched like a glaive, they could have strong homing for targets caught in snares.

* Aquablades could interact with Riptide. Enemies struck by Aquablades could be automatically knocked towards an active Riptide. Enemies caught in Riptide could take more damage from Aquablades. An Aquablade which is launched at a Riptide might home in on it and ricochet around inside it, like a projectile inside one of Mag’s bubbles.

Also, there should be a glaive weapon or a glaive skin which looks like one of her Aquablades.

After having played her for an hour few hours, I can already tell she's gonna get almost no playtime until she gets some buffs. K-Drives being almost-scrapped content being wedged into a new frame means that her entire concept is in need of work.

Bugs
Primed Sure Footed and Animal Instinct any form of enemy/loot radar don't work on Merulina. I know Animal Instinct enemy/loot radar not working is a bug, but PFS should work. It would actually make some guns much more attractive, and aiming on a K-Drive is already a pain. Also, spamming Merulina sets your syandana color to default.

Stats
Yareli NEEDS Merulina to survive. Considering she's already had a minor armor buff, it's safe to say she's meant to be squishy without the slugboard. Unfortunately, capping Merulina's DR at 75% means that no matter what you do, Yareli is still taking 25% of that damage with almost zero way to mitigate it. 

Abilities
Merulina: I'm going out of order because this needs to be addressed first. Didn't your mom ever tell you not to skateboard in the house? K-Driving is already a janky, janky mess, and that's in wide open outdoor areas. Trying to use one in a corridor means basically crawling with it unless you like merging with the wall. Considering this is her primary damage mitigation, this means that you need to either be squishy like a sea slug or try not to bonk so hard you find out what's outside of the level. This NEEDS to be more defensive in order to justify sacrificing my primary, melee, mobility, and sight stability. Honestly, this should have full damage absorption like Iron Skin. Also, there's no reason to prevent Helminth abilities from being used on this. It would also be great if we weren't limited to secondary weapons.

Sea Snares: This is weird. It does almost no real damage, the cold proc seems to wear off after you knock enemies out of it, and it has some questionable homing abilities. It'll ignore the enemy directly in front of you in favor of an enemy millimeters closer on the other side of a wall. They also seem to ignore terrain. But they're basically a weaker version of Aegis Storm, which is pretty good. I just wish range or strength made you have a higher cap of having them out. Fifteen is really low.

Aquablades: These do nothing. These are genuinely useless. In order to use them, you basically need to stop on top of an enemy, which also means you lose her passive. The damage wears off at level 30. No seriously. Maybe I'm super used to just slicing stuff in half, but this is almost a joke. The stagger from this is practically nonexistent. And the fact that the balance team refuses to let range mods increase this is super baffling. That would be the only thing to make this even WORTH using. The hitbox (hit ring?) is razor thin. This needs a range buff and some form of scaling damage, because as it stands, 500 Slash damage in 8m is almost nothing. If Vauban's mines scale off enemy level, then so can this.

Riptide: Falloff. On an ability you can't really control where the enemies end up in it. Mechanically this is pretty cool, but practically, the damage is just far too low. I don't know, this also feels like it's not doing something right. But it could be the Switch's framerate. I thought this was supposed to suck in enemies, but it doesn't seem like it's doing that very well.

Passive: Falls off WAY too easily. This needs a second of grace time if you have your control stick bug out or your finger slips. Otherwise, the only reason to use her.

What I Like

Passive: With the new arcanes/galvanized mods, RED CRITS AHOY!

Sea Snares: Pocket Bastille is a cool idea. Honestly, THIS should be her Helminth ability.

Merulina: I LOVE this idea. I also love killing time by doing tricks between waves. Status immunity is great, as is brief invincibility when dismounting. I would love to see that extended by about a second, just until you can get out of harm's way.

Aquablades: When this works, it's amazing. 30 seconds of blade nova? I love it. 

Riptide: I love the idea of a proper vortex power. It's really cool that this also is a box breaker. I enjoy the damage scaling with enemies inside of it.

Summary
Yareli is in need of some love. Is this the worst Warframe release? No. Xaku gets that honor, and they're one of the best frames now. Is she the worst Warframe in the game, though? Yeah probably. I mean, I don't like Grendel, but at least he has buffs for his party. Yareli can't take a hit, and she can't dish one out. Canonically, she's the Warframe whose niche is literally running away until she can get help. Yareli does not currently have a role in a party. She barely can do CC, she doesn't deal damage, she has no real survivability, and she doesn't give anyone a buff. So what does she do? I guess backflips while your team kills enemies. Too bad you can't even use Merulina to do K-Drive races.

How I would fix this
Make Merulina a MASSIVE health well that blocks ALL incoming damage. Give it a cooldown if it dies. Let us actually MOD Merulina. That "gain energy for doing tricks mod" (Juice) for K Drives looks pretty dang sweet for Yareli. (Spam Sea Snares, cast Riptide, do some backflips, repeat.) Also, make bumping into enemies with Merulina deal damage, scaling with speed. And for god's sake, make parts of levels grind-able. Make Sea Snares' cap WAY higher, like 30, and make it proc more, and longer. I also wouldn't be opposed to it having a 3m (and no more) AOE cold proc every tick. Give Riptide scaling damage and remove the falloff. Aquablades needs to be affected by ability range to either make it bigger or have more blades, scale better, and affect the entire radius from Yareli, not just the absolute outer edge of the cast. I would also consider making Aquablades grant SOME form of DR, even just 25% evasion would be nice. I would also add a buff to the team while at least ONE of these abilities is out. Fortunately, the animations on her are great as-is, so it's literally just finding the numbers on this. Most importantly: let us use primary weapons on a K-Drive.

In conclusion: Yareli needs something to do besides skateboard, but it's really just about finding the numbers. Mechanically, she's got potential. I hope she gets some love soon.

2 hours ago, Kelshiso said:

Being able to effectively aim-glide while on Merulina would be amazingly helpful, especially in larger areas where you can get air time. Even with saturation bombing type secondaries, hitting targets can be really difficult at speed. I would happily kill any momentum to have some hang time to nail some guys. This could also be applicable all the time while on Merulina maybe? Getting a precise shot with the acceleration is kind of hard in general, forcing a slower speed when aiming could go a long way with that.

Honestly merulina will feel out of place in tileset gameplay until she has something like this. reduced gravity mechanics are alread a thing on kdrive modding so fingers crossed it wouldnt be too hard an implementation. but tilesets aren't spaced or heighted based on a k drive and the merulina double jump while helpful in open spaces usually just serves as a way of killing speed by hitting the roof and not even making the jump you wanted to make. Having an aimglide would allow increased reliance on the variable height of the initial jump and make her so much easier to use on tiles.

Okay, I've had a chance to play with Yareli, hands-on: I actually kinda like her. She's a fast CC, and she's pretty fun. I do think she needs a little bit of help, but not terribly much.

First, Sea Snares could use true damage, or to make affected enemies take more damage. There is a *MASSIVE* discrepancy for how effective Sea Snares is versus armor compared to anything else. It works incredibly well against Corpus and Infested, but it falls flat versus armor. I'd be willing to take a damage hit for this. It also needs to seek new enemies after it's victim dies - and it wouldn't hurt for there to be a counter somewhere for how many sea snares you currently have out. I never know when I need to refresh. They also seem a bit janky around terrain - popping on contact might be a bit harsh considering they make no attempt to circumnavigate it.

Merulina is great for staying mobile, and more importantly, agile, while retaining the ability to fight. I do think we should be able to use primaries on K-Drives as well, just so that it doesn't feel so limiting to be on Merulina, but other than the issues innate to K-drive in small maps and some hiccups regarding getting knocked off her only source of damage reduction if she takes a knockdown or hits something funny, this works better than I expected. That, and the double jump height could be lowered *just* a touch.

Aquablades are.. They're kind of whatever honestly. I could take them or leave them, but they aren't offensively bad. Though, I wouldn't say no to a bit more range on them.

Riptide is completely fine as a "get off me" button. It could do with a little more range, seeing as Yareli wants to be in open areas and a base 12 meter range is a *little* small, but otherwise it's inoffensive.

15 hours ago, PsiWarp said:

An idea for Aquablades without making it reach too far:

Bullet Jumping while on foot, as well as Boosting aboard Merulina will expand Aquablades from 4 meters to 8 meters, lasting until the end of the maneuver.

Even with variable range the damage on this thing is terrible. It is serviceable against infested at steel path levels but it is absolute garbage against grineer and corpus units even in the later regular star chart difficulty. As long as this thing only damages enemies that physically touch the blades it will be garbage. It really needs a rework from the ground up IMO.

On 2021-07-06 at 9:32 PM, s1mpletony said:

I suggest cut down some requirements in the quest as they are far too challenging for most players who don't use k-drives.

I don't know why this got so many likes, I mean the challenges were not too hard by far for me, even though I'm not a Tony Hawk pro player or anything like that. In fact I had to learn a few new K-Drive tricks while doing this, but it went still just fine. The hardest challenges for the quest for me must've been to find a K-Drive race that is a bit longer so you can accumulate the points, as well as to get a total trick score of whatever it was, 2k? Maybe DE nerfed the quest heavy-handedly, Idk, but I just think it was quite easy a quest.

8 minutes ago, Rey153 said:

So DE when are we gonna see the next round of buffs please ? To Aquablades especially ?

They said with last patch no new updates unless there's something absolutely game-breaking before Tennocon. So next week at the earliest, and depending on how big a priority they see it being, maybe not even then.

Yareli Feedback:

Please allow us to mod Merulina, we have the boards for the quest and so many nice mods that could add some flavor and movement to Merulina. I would love to use the board in straight stretches but its slower than bullet jumping without k-drive speed mod. I would also love jump height improvement and could use that mod I have gotten stuck in some valleys and could not jump with with merulina as high as I could with warframe. Otherwise good frame after patch.

Yareli needs alot more work, from what i have experienced on the frame, her abilities dont synergise with each other, and overall, it just seems clunky with the movement on merulina.

her passive: i get that she is a moving type of frame, and crit chance is a good thing to have, but i feel it needs something else, most of the other frames have a passive that benefits them, or at least have their own theme. (e.g ember: gaining 5% str for each enemy on fire within 50m, or garuda: damage increases when her health is near death / uses her talons if theres no melee equipped)

her 1 (Sea snares): its fine, but the "crowd control" could use abit more of a touch up, i find that when a sea snare bubble is targeting an enemy, and that enemy dies before getting sea snared, the bubble just slows and stops. some possible suggestions are as follows:

• add a tap/hold where on tap: makes the sea snare bubbles with faster flight pathing/ targets to the next enemy within the bubbles radius. on hold: creates a bubble that shields allies/companions with a set amount of hp when they pass through it, enemies that go through the bubble will be snared and the bubble creates smaller snares within a small radius.
  • make the sea snares where you just apply the snare on an enemy, and when an enemy dies, the snare will pop to 4-5 more targets in a radius, lasts for the duration of the snare on the first target.

her 2 (Merulina): merulina needs like a toggle, being on the board while in small cramped spaces just doesnt work on tilesets that are narrow e.g hallways, doors, areas where there are alot of clutter in the way. even though she can use her abilities when on the board (except helminth abilities, like lavos: adding an ability on him removes his elemental damage for abilities) it is useless when your only restricted to secondary weapons, even worse is that the aoe weapons and or hitting walls and small stuff knocks you out of the board, which loses you the 75% dr (which in this case isnt really good for surviving). suggestions are as follows:

• (this is unlikely as its a k-drive) make it where you could hold merulina as a shield, that way your still utilising the secondary weapon, and gain the dr, while moving around, in this case, you can switch to primary when you put your secondary away.
  • make merulina and yareli smaller so the hitbox is smaller and would make it easier to traverse in smaller areas (though this may not help her in any form, it would make it so she can go through halls and areas where its abit cramped)
  • make it where we can change to our primary weapons when on on the board, but the speed on which the board goes when using the primary weapon would be slower for better aiming and easier to traverse areas
  • make merulina able to not be knocked off when on the board. (e.g self afflicted aoe explosions, reduced damage from aoe explosions from enemies)

her 3 (Aquablades): to be blunt, its bad... on the video for the showcase of yareli, it says that her aquablades were "protective cyclones", from this i would have thought we get dr, instead of a small radius of water blades that dont do as much damage. there need more work on her 3 as its supposed to be a good ability, or at least make it synergise with her in some way. 

her 4 (Riptide): it seems underwhelming, however if modded right, can deal damage when there are alot of enemies (like vaubans 3), the thing that is not good in my opinion is the cast time it takes is rather long (though adding natural talent would speed things up, that would waste a slot for other mods) and like her kit entirely, it doesnt synergise with the other abilities.

tldr: 1 needs work, 2 is clunky, 3 doesnt help with the rest of her kit, 4 is fine for low levels but needs to work together with the rest of her kit, and her passive is fine, but it just needs something else instead of just "move for a few seconds to get 200% crit chance for secondary weapons"

overall, the design is fine, her whole kit on the other hand needs more work, that and make it so that helminth abilities work when on merulina.

8 hours ago, (NSW)Larena said:

Yareli *already* is completely status cleansed and status IMMUNE when you ride Merulina. This would be a nerf

Not immune to knockdowns tho.

7 hours ago, (PSN)Etheral_Synergy said:

but tilesets aren't spaced or heighted based on a k drive and the merulina double jump while helpful in open spaces usually just serves as a way of killing speed by hitting the roof and not even making the jump you wanted to make.

Making Merulina moddable would also help solve this problem. Remove the double jump height entirely and let people set it according to their preference through a Poppin' Vert mod of the right rank, just like you do with any other K-Drive. At the moment, it's like they put all the -Friction mods on Nezha and made them unremovable. It's just baffling.

1 hour ago, StarGeezerTim said:

So next week at the earliest, and depending on how big a priority they see it being, maybe not even then.

Considering the state Yareli was launched in, she doesn't seem like a priority.

7 hours ago, Aratir said:

Make her and her k-drive merulina smaller so she can fit in all tilesets. Modding her k-drive should be a no brainer from the start.

I think making Yareli smaller while on Merulina would be a great exilus augment mod, possibly coupled with 15% strength or something, similar to some other QoL exilus mods.  It really just is too hard to maneuver in some areas.

RIP TIDE : Area of Effect from straight / plain target acquisition, make it sphere like. (Add some range if possible) ALSO I want bigger water bubble like the "Moon Sphere on Lua" that big! :D

MERULINA: Stuck with most tile set and cannot utilized full speed (Usually just put helminth ability atm)

AQUABLADE: Ability to mod for range

SEA SNARE: GOOD but will like for more  amount to be present at a time (There is a max cap of amount of snares)

SYNERGY:  4th to 1st , Casting Riptide near Sea Snare will consume all remaining total damage potential of Sea Snare (Burst)

I'll throw my feedback into the pot as well.

Cosmetics

Yareli looks pretty OK, but is a bit hard to fashion. Her metallic color channel has a fairly small amount of coverage, but one of her main color channels covers both the metallic tips of her dress and a large section of matte body. I don't know if it's worth changing, but maybe the tips of her dress should color with the other metallics.

Merulina

My biggest issue with Merulina is identical to my biggest issue with Hildryn's 4: it prevents you from using the weapons you want. It's restrictive for no reason. If you don't have a secondary there's some way to bug it so you can use your primary on Merulina, and you should add the missing animations to make this a full feature. On Yareli and on regular K-Drives. K-Drives don't need so many restrictions making them inferior to Archwings, let them use both just like Archwings can. For this reason Yareli's passive ought to be changed to give a more useful benefit for both primaries and secondaries. I don't know if Crit Chance is the one, because like others have said this only benefits high-Crit secondaries.

Otherwise, like others have said Merulina is a poor defensive ability. It makes your hitbox larger and it just gives you raw Health, which is less than helpful in higher level content. It probably just needs to inherit Yareli's damage reduction, like from Armor or Adaptation.

It's also a poor mobility ability because you can get knocked off by random things - another way K-Drives in general remain inferior to Archwings. Remove this, being knocked off should happen only by specific interactions with enemies.

It also needs to be moddable. Imagine the K-Drive frame's K-Drive being inferior to regular K-Drives. 🤦‍♀️

Aquablades

Aquablades needs to scale with Range, and should include a survivability mechanic. A nice way to do this would be to make it similar to Nova's Null Stars, which is also subsumable. Instead of having a fixed Duration, they could last forever and Duration could scale the number of individual blades. Blades can then orbit passively until activated, after which they can provide a few seconds of active benefit before being consumed. They could be activated by an enemy entering their radius, after which enemies within their radius can take damage as they do now. They could also be activated by enemies firing at Yareli from outside their radius, granting a damage resistance buff. Recasting could refill the used blades.

Riptide

Riptide is a damage-dealing ability, but it doesn't deal much and doesn't do much of anything at higher levels. Instead it ought to fill the same kind of role as abilities like Zephyr's Tornadoes, dealing minor damage but more importantly grouping enemies. Instead of casting and then immediately exploding, like Nezha's 4 it could last for a duration to be manually detonated. Enemies that touch it directly can be sucked in, and it can synergise with Sea Snares so that Snared enemies are pulled in from far away. When the ability expires or is recast it can explode like it does now. Yareli could create her water pillar and zip around dragging enemies in, letting her build up the explosion damage multiplier or just group them up to be shot by teammates.

Sea Snares

No real complaints. Currently they don't seem to do really all that much, but with a synergy with Riptide I think they'd be fine as they are.

My largest issue with Yareli is her signature K-drive. 

First of all, it's unmoddable. Making it completely inferior to normal K-drives, which might make sense if you would ever want to use this thing in a place where you don't have access to normal K-drives. Bringing me to the second point, it's practically unnusable in any place that isn't an open world map. And by practically, I mean like an actual K-drive. Sure you can use it and inch your way through the maps just fine. But trying to use it like K-drives are intended, you'd just keep bumping into walls and doors. Third, since I don't see the K-drive mobolity being fixed any time soon, I think the best conclusion would be to treat her like a frame intended for open world. (I don't mind certain frames being better in certain content). The issue there however is that none of her abilities support this. Not that they are good anywhere else to begin with, but they don't support a frame intended for open world content, even in concept. The crowd control is "meh", and the range is terrible. None of them stand out as something that's greatly going to help in any of the open world content. 

And lastly, since I can't stress this enough, K-drive mods part 2. Even if you could add them, it would make the K-drive merely on par with the normal ones. The extra health is nice, sure, but let's be honest here, that's not why you should want to summon a K-drive. However the mods mainly fall into 2 categories. Mobillity, and Gimicky trick mods. The mobility ones are ok, in open world content, in the rest of the content however, I can only see them making things worse. The trick mods, for the most part, are a total joke. Sure you can get a higher trick score more easily but the only thing this is in any way useful for is to support the mod that converts trick points to energy. The ones that do damage could have been interesting and make it a completely new way to play the game, but not only is it almost impossible to even hit anything with these tricks consistently, their damage is an absolute joke. Not to mention they require mod slots. I think K-drives should have these abilities innately much like Archwings do. These abilities should be on par with warframe abilities, or even better if they are triggered by tricks instead of the usual ability buttons. That would also allow more room to make Yareli's K-drive stand out from the normal ones. 

I really wish you guys would stop complaining about yareli not being end game viable    She’s suppose to be a new player friendly frame.  Add that to the fact that she is a cc frame  she’s not supposed to be built for end game solo play.  De has said this on multiple occasion while first showing her off that she is new player friendly and meant to be played with friend on high end content. And if we want to have a discussion on frames survivability. I ask you to name one frame that is entirely cc that is not squishy and no frames that have only 1 cc ability do not count.      I’ll be willing to bet all my plat that you can’t name 1.  So again yareli is and I quote “new player friendly”.  This means she will never be a meta frame good god

3 hours ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Not immune to knockdowns tho.

Merulina's knockdown resistance is really inconsistent. It's immune to knockdown effects from Shockwave MOAs, Grineer Scorpions, and Infested Ancients; but it's not currently resistant to Heavy Gunners or Arson Eximus. I'm not too sure why DE made this decision. 

Archived