Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 30.5: Yareli & Kompressa Feedback Megathread (Read First Post!)

[DE]CoreyOnline

The description for the Kompressa is currently "Launch a volley of virulent, hyper-pressurized, water globules that envelope targets and explode with torrential force. Yareli's signature pistol." which doesn't really say anything about the critical bonus it gets when used with Yareli. Might wanna add a small extra line that highlights the bonus considering most signature weapons have that.

Hopefully you guys are still hard at work hotfixing her so she actually gets some use... like... this century. Had another idea.

Aquablades: If Merulina becomes a toggleable shield, make Aquablades restore Merulina's HP by a % of damage done to give it more utility. 

Almost have the research done. I basically solo'd the clan research because of how dead my clan is. Gonna build two sets because why not feed helminth first. 

Still feel moving the 75% DR to aqua blades giving it health over duration is better.

While turning merulina into a slowly channeled ability that greatly increases abilities. 

So in a wide area you whip out Meulina.  Then even without mods you're going at it with 200% strength, and range. While abilities have half the energy cost making them spammable. 

Could you make Yareli able to transfer Operator while on Merulina? Yes what I mean is make operator transference possible while riding k-drive. 

Is it a technical difficulty? Because it is quite a hassle to use Yareli in kuva siphon missions. Merulina is made for Yareli's survivability but it's a hassle during kuva siphon missions if operator cannot transfer out while on Merulina. The hassle is the need to deactivate Merulina every time operator needs to transfer out.

15 minutes ago, kyori said:

Could you make Yareli able to transfer Operator while on Merulina? Yes what I mean is make operator transference possible while riding k-drive. 

Is it a technical difficulty? Because it is quite a hassle to use Yareli in kuva siphon missions. Merulina is made for Yareli's survivability but it's a hassle during kuva siphon missions if operator cannot transfer out while on Merulina. The hassle is the need to deactivate Merulina every time operator needs to transfer out.

Transference while riding Merulina is planned for a future hotfix according to the trello board.

Hi, sorry for the late feedback. 

Yareli has the most wonderful character of warframes added to the game! I really want to love her, but the content I play (casual endgame, Arbitration, SP, even Sortie.) does not allow for it. She is just not holding up. Scaling and K-drive mechanics are her biggest holdbacks.

From the top:

Passive - Fine. A bit sad status guns are left in the dust, but it is what it is.

Sea Snares - Actually okay. I would say the biggest thing you feel held back by is the 15-bubble limit. This needs to either be moddable or removed. Globules are often wasted when, for example; one door may only get a few units, and creating a 4th cast of bubbles removes both the active bubbles and inactive ones Nevermind, once hit, recasting does not drop active bubbles which is much better.

Merulina - Got a few issues and a few proposals. I REALLY want k-drives to work on normal levels, but it needs a few things.

Very sustainable ability, good incentive to use it. Low energy cost. Damage reduction is passable.

In most cases, without Arcane Guardian or Adaptation, Yareli's hit points will usually deplete before Merulina's do. The price paid for what is a fairly insufficient defense is an exceptionally difficult movement system that only allows sidearm weapons.

K-drives are very nuanced and players can become quite skilled at using them, however this doesn't excuse it's usability in normal tilesets. There's a few headbonk doors on Europa, some camera clipping in Grineer asteroid tunnels (which are also very hard to enter!), and very unforgiving pitfalls on Grineer galleons. Falling into dark pits needs some forgiveness and shouldn't dismount. Merulina is very prone to mistakes, but I don't think Yareli deserves to lose her damage reduction for it. Like mechs, let Merulina stay after falling into black zones.

Suggested changes:

• For the price of altered gameplay, Merulina deserves either limited k-drive modding or additional mod scaling. Speed can be one of Yareli's redeeming features, and on a high-skill vehicle no less. 
    • Make Magus Drive apply.
    • Have Range mods apply to Merulina Boost Speed.
    • Have Duration mods apply to Merulina Jump charge time.
    • Add an evasion mechanic/buff for executing tricks. Evasion value scales with trick score. This would make up for her survival challenge. (Unlike other frames, shield-gate does not protect Merulina! On the plus side, that horrible shield-gating gameplay isn't practical for Yareli, but on the minus side, Merulina dies ez.)
      • Efficiency allows for smaller trick scores for larger evasion bonuses.
      • Duration extends evasion buff.
  • K-drive mechanics are innately tuned for open-worlds. This style is unfortunately very difficult in our traditional maps. K-drives maneuver as if they have wheels. This is noticeable when you turn while having momentum. Just turning your camera 180 degrees causes the player to fight with a limited turn rate which can lead to large turn radii and excessive sideways movement.
    • This could instead be a drift, where turning is instant with the camera but inertia is floaty like a hoverboard should be.
    • Disconnect facing direction from your momentum.
    • Have Ctrl/Crouch restore the wheels, letting you change direction while preserving high speed, actual drifting!
    • Get rid of the rail-finder for mantleable edges. Maybe add some dedicated rails to certain levels, but it is just out of control on normal rooms. This is also necessary for the Ctrl wheels on the previous point,
  • The lack of traditional air control is devastating. Accelerating and changing direction with strafe should be just as easy as on ground, after all this is a hoverboard.
    • Ceilings need to kill momentum, not pin you to the ceiling when you jump or slip you in the opposite direction due to a ceiling slope.
    • Tunnels such as the Grineer asteroid tile can be a challenge to enter. This would be solved with better air control.

Aqua Blades

This is the sole mechanism that could compensate for Yareli's arsenal restriction. Base stats are good. Slash is problematically strong, but in this case she needs it.

• Duration is generous, energy may be somewhat high. Could use an additional mechanic of some kind for utility or scaling, or a special/emergent interaction with Riptide or Sea Snares. 
  • Maybe an augment to add your own melee weapon to the blender while riding Merulina with 1 hit/sec, this would pretty much fix all the scaling issues and invent some extremely creative builds. Fair for all levels.

Riptide

An expensive, low-damage ability with a fair area. Of the kit, this skill shines with area coverage. I can see this being an ability specifically modded around with high range.
The damage scales better than Cataclysm, but it suffers in effect radius, cast range, line-of-sight limitation, long cast time, and radial damage falloff (down to ~5% damage) despite the vortex. Utility may even be lower than sea snares.

• A potential technique with the ability would be to cast it on yourself while aquablades are active, and become a slash blender for an armor smoothie. This surprisingly does not work, as aquablades do not damage ragdolled enemies. A missed opportunity.
  • Damage numbers are yellow for some reason. There is zero interaction with critical effects. This will trick players with into thinking it does damage xD

Scaling is poor in any serious mission, even sortie level. Range would be good, but fails due to line of sight. Could be a decent grouping ability, potentially the largest of the grouping abilities, but the exploding novelty disrupts that.

-Overall TL;DR-
A more traditional frame. Mostly damage abilities and damaging mechanics, however they all greatly pale in comparison to high level demands. Scaling needs to somehow
increase.

• Modding ability is poor. Globules want duration, Riptide wants range, Aquablades and Merulina can't really use either. It's wasteful for her kit.
    • She's got slots free for augments. These are potentially solutions like how Accumulating Whipclaw completely busted Khora.
  • K-drive implementation is not good enough. It lacks control, is unforgiving in many ways despite removing knockdowns already. Reviving teammates puts Yareli at risk. K-drives worked out in the wide-open maps, but Yareli needs to be competent with it everywhere. It can be done.

Looking forward to changes.

To repost what I placed on Yareli's Fandom discussion section:

Yareli defiantly needs upwards tuning. After some play time, and some Helminth power substations, her closest comparable frame is Vauban. She fills a similar Crowd Control role, with some damage options.

Unfortunately her mobility power and damage reduction power Merulina doesn't compete favorable with options of Vauban's Minelayer. Meruila's main synergy (casting while moving) can be accomplished with Aim-Glide casting. Out of all her powers Merulina is a prime option to be swapped out, especially since Helminth powers cannot be cast while riding Merulina anyways (DE just have her "air cast" or have her do a Trick Grab animation while casting from Helminth from Merulina).

To make the further comparison of Yareli "The weaker Vauban", she doesn't have the necessary end-game scaling baseline in her kit.  Aquablades vs Flechette Orb (again Minelayer) and/or Photon Strike. Both of Vauban's powers get free Enemy Level Multiplier scaling based on enemy level. Aquablades True Damage Bleed ticks just don't compare in practical play, since they're always stuck to you and you can't stack up casts. They also get shutdown by Corpus shield regen. Vauban also gets help from Bastille to reduce Armor, and Vortex will occasionally proc Magnetic (stopping corpus shield regen). Riptide has a similar scaling problem, being based on # of enemies pulled in, without level scaling or useful defense reducer.

DE seems to have been afraid of giving Yareli too much utility on her powers, and you can feel it. Easier mobility Vauban, at the price of end-game scaling and team support.

=====

As to modding Meruila itself. I'm ambivalent. Most of the Mods that would be applied and be useful fall into one of the two categories: GO FASTER, or CHIP DAMAGE. They could be interesting to use, but aren't really a massive loss. Many could be made baseline, but there are cases where making Cold Arrival or Slay Board baseline could result in problems. Such as in Spy or Rescue, were unintended damage to guards could mess up an otherwise stealthy run. So it is better to MOD, than be baseline.

The major fully game play changing mod is Juice, getting 55 energy per 100 point Trick. While tricking inside most tiles is difficult due to lack of head room, it is not impossible. Especially if combined with Inertia Dampeners (+4 point multiplier). Allowing Meruila to have Juice would fundamentally change Yareli's whole play and modding setup. And it is a serious question DE needs to ask themselves if they want to allow.

As I said above, right now Meruila is a prime candidate to be replaced by another Helminth power. The Damage Reduction (and cast-move mobility) alone don't weigh favorably against some other powers. Dispensary, Spectrorage(+Spectrosiphon), Gloom/Blood Altar/Desiccation (+Rage/Hunters), all can give Yareli energy sustain & team utility that Meruila doesn't have. Spectrorage(+Spectrosiphon) I've found to be surprisingly synergistic. Riptide needs enemies clustered, and Sea Snares is a bit unreliable at pulling to it. Spectrorage causes good clumping for both Riptide and Aquablades, and Spectrosiphon keeps the energy economy ticking.

This kind of Helminth'n is a strong case to allow Meruila K-Drive mods, AND to allow Juice. Especially if Yareli does not get the kind of Defense Mitigation and End-Game scaling that Vauban has. She will need to be constantly casting to keep the Crowd Control up, and to keep her costly (75 and 100) damage powers going.

10 minutes ago, Brasten said:

To repost what I placed on Yareli's Fandom discussion section:

Yareli defiantly needs upwards tuning. After some play time, and some Helminth power substations, her closest comparable frame is Vauban. She fills a similar Crowd Control role, with some damage options.

Unfortunately her mobility power and damage reduction power Merulina doesn't compete favorable with options of Vauban's Minelayer. Meruila's main synergy (casting while moving) can be accomplished with Aim-Glide casting. Out of all her powers Merulina is a prime option to be swapped out, especially since Helminth powers cannot be cast while riding Merulina anyways (DE just have her "air cast" or have her do a Trick Grab animation while casting from Helminth from Merulina).

To make the further comparison of Yareli "The weaker Vauban", she doesn't have the necessary end-game scaling baseline in her kit.  Aquablades vs Flechette Orb (again Minelayer) and/or Photon Strike. Both of Vauban's powers get free Enemy Level Multiplier scaling based on enemy level. Aquablades True Damage Bleed ticks just don't compare in practical play, since they're always stuck to you and you can't stack up casts. They also get shutdown by Corpus shield regen. Vauban also gets help from Bastille to reduce Armor, and Vortex will occasionally proc Magnetic (stopping corpus shield regen). Riptide has a similar scaling problem, being based on # of enemies pulled in, without level scaling or useful defense reducer.

DE seems to have been afraid of giving Yareli too much utility on her powers, and you can feel it. Easier mobility Vauban, at the price of end-game scaling and team support.

=====

As to modding Meruila itself. I'm ambivalent. Most of the Mods that would be applied and be useful fall into one of the two categories: GO FASTER, or CHIP DAMAGE. They could be interesting to use, but aren't really a massive loss. Many could be made baseline, but there are cases where making Cold Arrival or Slay Board baseline could result in problems. Such as in Spy or Rescue, were unintended damage to guards could mess up an otherwise stealthy run. So it is better to MOD, than be baseline.

The major fully game play changing mod is Juice, getting 55 energy per 100 point Trick. While tricking inside most tiles is difficult due to lack of head room, it is not impossible. Especially if combined with Inertia Dampeners (+4 point multiplier). Allowing Meruila to have Juice would fundamentally change Yareli's whole play and modding setup. And it is a serious question DE needs to ask themselves if they want to allow.

As I said above, right now Meruila is a prime candidate to be replaced by another Helminth power. The Damage Reduction (and cast-move mobility) alone don't weigh favorably against some other powers. Dispensary, Spectrorage(+Spectrosiphon), Gloom/Blood Altar/Desiccation (+Rage/Hunters), all can give Yareli energy sustain & team utility that Meruila doesn't have. Spectrorage(+Spectrosiphon) I've found to be surprisingly synergistic. Riptide needs enemies clustered, and Sea Snares is a bit unreliable at pulling to it. Spectrorage causes good clumping for both Riptide and Aquablades, and Spectrosiphon keeps the energy economy ticking.

This kind of Helminth'n is a strong case to allow Meruila K-Drive mods, AND to allow Juice. Especially if Yareli does not get the kind of Defense Mitigation and End-Game scaling that Vauban has. She will need to be constantly casting to keep the Crowd Control up, and to keep her costly (75 and 100) damage powers going.

My Clan Leader and I tested Yareli using mine. With Ten Stacks of Viral from Proboscis Cernos, you can actually use her to two shot level 180s in simulacrum. What you do is activate Aquablades (yes Aquablades), you have Merulina swapped for Reave, you fire Proboscis Cernos into a enemy crowd, then quickly Reave through them. it gives health and does massive damage. 

Does Yareli need buffs still, heck yes. But she also is capable of mowing crowds.

vor 25 Minuten schrieb (PSN)Boomstickman98:

My Clan Leader and I tested Yareli using mine. With Ten Stacks of Viral from Proboscis Cernos, you can actually use her to two shot level 180s in simulacrum. What you do is activate Aquablades (yes Aquablades), you have Merulina swapped for Reave, you fire Proboscis Cernos into a enemy crowd, then quickly Reave through them. it gives health and does massive damage. 

Does Yareli need buffs still, heck yes. But she also is capable of mowing crowds.

That ought to be Reave doing the work for you. It deals percentage based true damage last time I checked, and that is affected by Viral. Nothing to do with aquablades, this synergy is open to anyone.

39 minutes ago, Mayhem-Ivory said:

That ought to be Reave doing the work for you. It deals percentage based true damage last time I checked, and that is affected by Viral. Nothing to do with aquablades, this synergy is open to anyone.

Aquablades does increase the damage however, as it adds slash to the mix. doing more.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Boomstickman98 said:

I generally do not trust tests in Simulacrum. Beyond getting a general feel. I've encountered enough AI/Script bugs, that conflict with actual mission performance. The last weird one was the tendrils of the Vermisplicer secondary not tracking to enemies (AI enabled), they just fan-sprayed untargeted.

Speaking to this kind of test specifically, I'd note that most of the busting is coming from the Weapon (Proboscis Cernos) and Reave. As @Mayhem-Ivory said, Reave is already noted for how it combines with Viral. Try a Reaving Rhino or Nova.

Warframe has enough options these days to find ways to bust open most things, partly by bringing already busted elements into a new combination. Yareli herself just doesn't add much new. Even a Pillaging(Helminth) Prolonged Paralysis Valkyr does a lot of similar things, at less cost, with more sustain and utility.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Boomstickman98 said:

Yeah no, five bucks says that's Reave doing 100% of the work, or 104% of the work, even. Aquablades only contributes by looking moderately fancy. With 200% Strength and 10 Viral stacks, Reave two shots enemies. 8%*2.00*3.25*2=104%

1 hour ago, (PSN)Boomstickman98 said:

Aquablades does increase the damage however, as it adds slash to the mix. doing more.

So you need to replace another ability through Helminth in order to make one of her other abilities actually worth using, gotcha.

52 minutes ago, Alpheus said:

So you need to replace another ability through Helminth in order to make one of her other abilities actually worth using, gotcha.

Hey, I didn't say it was perfect. I just said it worked.

1 hour ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Yeah no, five bucks says that's Reave doing 100% of the work, or 104% of the work, even. Aquablades only contributes by looking moderately fancy. With 200% Strength and 10 Viral stacks, Reave two shots enemies. 8%*2.00*3.25*2=104%

Spoiler

Without Aquablades

With Aquablades

there is evidence that Aquablades does increase the damage in fact, though by a fairly small chunk. That said, it still makes Yareli usable in high gear content.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Boomstickman98 said:
4 hours ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

there is evidence that Aquablades does increase the damage in fact, though by a fairly small chunk. That said, it still makes Yareli usable in high gear content.

There is also evidence that Mag's Pull does increase the damage, though also by a fairly small chunk. What you basically have is not enough Viral/Strength to two shot at that specific level range but just enough Viral/Strength that the flat damage from Aquablades/Pull/(Insert damage source here) closes the gap.

Is Reave good on Yareli for killing stuff? Sure, but Reave is good on basically (possibly literally) every frame for killing stuff. That's because Reave + Viral is pretty good like that, not because Aquablades is anything notable. In fact, as my previous math shows, Aquablades becomes entirely irrelevant in the equation if you just have a little bit more Strength or Viral procced. On Revenant, you would never consider infusing Aquablades in an offensive Reave build. You'd go with Roar every time, because Roar is another Reave damage multiplier, whereas Aquablades is just a little bit of flat damage.

The only build I can theorize where I'd want Aquablades is a min-range meme Limbo build.

Quick thoughts on Yareli:

She's fun, when she works. Which is not really.

Yareli, from how her kit looks, is intended to be a hybrid tank/cc/damage frame with a K-Drive gimmick attached. The only problem with that is she does exactly none of that well.

Sea Snares are easily her best ability barring her passive, being a lifted CC, but are limited by long casting animations and a target cap on top of line of sight requirements.

I really want to like Merulina, but barring complaints stemming from boosted K-Drives in normal missions (I've tried mostly unboosted and that's pretty intuitive and balanced), it comes with 75% damage reduction. Which sounds fine on paper but in practice means you still get shredded anyways, because it's not a whole lot. It also locks you out of your primary weapon and melee, which is a problem. Presently due to control issues and the mediocre damage reduction you get as a result this is probably her best ability to Helminth off.

I was on my knees begging for Aquablades to be her helminth ability, and we got it... except it's kind of mediocre. It does okay damage with viral application and roar subsumed, but on its own it struggles once levels get high, and honestly Helminth isn't supposed to be a bandaid to fix mediocre kits. It has a hit cap of 3 times a second, range is locked at 4 meters and unaffected by range mods. Its saving grace is the stagger you get when blades hit an enemy but at 4 meters, that's not a whole lot. It's essentially a ward against enemies in melee range, and not much else. Also doesn't do damage to ragdolled enemies, which is honestly a pretty significant oversight given her 4.

And, Riptide, her ultimate, is a portable vortex and ragdoll at the cost of one vortex per cast. It has damage scaling with enemies, but falls off with armor due to not scaling with enemy EHP but just with enemy density. I tried modding for damage and and in the end it... just wasn't worth it. Also ragdolled enemies have counter-synergy with her 3 which is honestly the bigger problem.

Suggested changes:

Uncap Sea Snares: so she at least has some semblance of decent crowd control. Make them do less damage or something, idk, they're primarily crowd control.

Give Merulina 95%, or at the very least 90% damage reduction, achievable at base or with strength or whatever. 75% doesn't cut it, and honestly 90% doesn't justify getting locked out of two of my primary damage tools. Also give it K-Drive mods so we can at least do the speed with it. About the boost, I'd add some sort of radial crowd control along the lines of a blind (think sea spray) whenever it's activated so at least we get benefit for staying on it. Oh, and enable transferring out of it with Operator, or make it dismountable without further energy penalty.

Aquablades needs one of two things: taking mods for range (even at a decreased capacity or with a cap) so we get a decent radial crowd control field, or a damage boost via uncapping the ticks/second limit it currently has, scaling via melee mods or enemy levels, or just outright + damage. Since this is her helminth power the first option would be more feasible honestly. Also maybe a little pushback effect would be nice.

Riptide, either turn it into a full on damage tool by giving it EHP scaling or a little extra range for use as a baby Vortex.

All of her abilities could use some extra status chance, considering they do Cold damage but cannot proc cold. Or hell revert them back to doing impact and turn her into a Mercy Kill frame.

She could also really do with some extra synergies, since presently she doesn't have much. I'd suggest allowing Sea Snares' CC to spread by contact with Aquablades, or extra Riptide range on Merulina. And fix Aquablades not functioning on ragdolled enemies.

TL;DR yareli needs a rework

Also about aquablades turning into world of fire concerns: Considering their base range is 4 meters even at 4x range it barely meets old WoF's base range. Which is in other words not a lot. It's really unlikely that it'll turn her into Ember 2.0.

passive:

is only useful with particular weapons. 

You can only use Secondary weapons. The crit. bonus favors only crit. Weapons. The necessary movement requirement to activate the passive is annoying if you want to play with precision weapons.

The Kompressa has the wrong crit values to be called  yareli's signature weapon

Sea snares

probably yareli's best ability. Can not complain much about the bubbles. I think that ability is fine.

Merulina 

an incredible weak nezha halo.

That ability has more drawbacks than benefits, which makes yareli weaker not stronger. 

The lack of Primary and melee weapons is devastating.

The maneuverability in normal tilesets is terrible.

In my opinion yareli needs the 75% dmg Redirection if she is not on merulina.

On merulina a xaku/Mirage like dodgebonus would be better.

Aquablades

The inability to mod the range of the aquablades makes that abilities boring.

Riptide

It reminds me of the old zephyr tornadoes. The base range could be wider.

9 hours ago, Rose said:

Also about aquablades turning into world of fire concerns: Considering their base range is 4 meters even at 4x range it barely meets old WoF's base range. Which is in other words not a lot. It's really unlikely that it'll turn her into Ember 2.0.

I know they are LoS-restricted, but Xaku's 2 and Hildryn's 3 are already bordering on "play the game for you" (at certain levels of content for Hildryn) in a way that has at least a passing resemblance to WoF.  I don't see Aqua Blades competing against either of those in its current state.

50 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

I know they are LoS-restricted, but Xaku's 2 and Hildryn's 3 are already bordering on "play the game for you" (at certain levels of content for Hildryn) in a way that has at least a passing resemblance to WoF.  I don't see Aqua Blades competing against either of those in its current state.

I put Roar on my Xaku. I can make the Steel Path play itself for me, save for recasting Roar and Vast Funtime. Hildryn + shield recharge doggo can completely afk solo at least 5-10 waves of Hydron without losing speed. Aquablades would need some buffs beyond Range to get that good.

Passive: can't say anything against it. It fits her

Sea Snares: a bit underwhelming but they do their job

Aquablades: interesting soft cc ability I guess? But then again, I could use abilities like Silence, Muzzle Flash or Radial Blind. They deal slash so I guess I could put it on Ash if I ever feel like it. I can see the potential, but range mods should at least affect the SIZE of the blade, which will probably never cover a whole room.

Merulina, Merulina... I agree that nobody or a lot wouldn't want to level an exalted K-drive Venari's style, but I wouldn't have minded to fit the mods Juice and Quick Escape at least. Still being able to interact with objectives and such is an interesting, but acceleration should be slightly increased to accomodate sprint and normal mode. Sprinting for a quick repositioning/strifing really isn't a good idea and the strife is really slow

Riptide: I really don't like it. It's slow and the explosion is forced. It just feels unnatural. Something that slow I should be able to decide whether and if I want to blow it up Mag's magnetize style. Give it a duration.

On 2021-07-21 at 7:46 AM, Kaokasalis said:

The description for the Kompressa is currently "Launch a volley of virulent, hyper-pressurized, water globules that envelope targets and explode with torrential force. Yareli's signature pistol." which doesn't really say anything about the critical bonus it gets when used with Yareli. Might wanna add a small extra line that highlights the bonus considering most signature weapons have that.

It doesn't though. At least, not according to the wiki. As it is, this gun cannot be more antithetical to its matching frame.

Archived