Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 30.5: Yareli & Kompressa Feedback Megathread (Read First Post!)

[DE]CoreyOnline

I have completed the 5 challenges to Unlock page 1 and I have no idea how to further the quest. It sounded like I was supposed to go back and tell a story but I not getting any option to let me do that when I go back to the vent kids. The questmarker also still says Complete Feats to Unlock page 1. If I hit ESC and check Waverider #1 it confirms that I completed all 5 of its challenges.

Am I screwed to progress?

One weird thing happened, after completing the 5/5 Grindy x5 challenge, it started counting again 1/5 during the mission. It looks like that part got messed up and I can't get more credits for Grindy x5 it also says completed 5/5)

As the "waverider" it's a bit disappointing. A few things need to be changed about her k-drive. Vacuum and animal instinct don't work when riding her k-drive. 

As it seems that she's suppose to stay on the board, having to hop off for revives? Is messing up the flow of her gameplay. 

It was also disappointing to find out that her k-drive does not take mods. Really sad when you have pull out a real k-drive to grind or do tricks better. 

Really just lack luster of a follow through on the frame.

Just now, Kardinard said:

Having the same issue 

33 minutes ago, Koalachan said:

I have completed the 5 challenges to Unlock page 1 and I have no idea how to further the quest. It sounded like I was supposed to go back and tell a story but I not getting any option to let me do that when I go back to the vent kids. The questmarker also still says Complete Feats to Unlock page 1. If I hit ESC and check Waverider #1 it confirms that I completed all 5 of its challenges.

Am I screwed to progress?

One weird thing happened, after completing the 5/5 Grindy x5 challenge, it started counting again 1/5 during the mission. It looks like that part got messed up and I can't get more credits for Grindy x5 it also says completed 5/5)

I ended up just purchasing her because I'm too impatient to wait for the quest requirements to (hopefully) get nerfed.

These are initial impressions, but first impressions count. Please pretend I start every sentence with "I feel like" or "In my opinion".

Frame:

• 65 Armour is... really bad. I get that her theme is that she's a mobile 'frame, but I was under the impression that 100 was the new base level. The little bit of temp health you get through Merulina isn't going to help with end game content if you're getting dismantled by enemies because you're riding on something that makes you stick out of any cover.
  • On the idea of her being mobile, a 1.00 sprint speed feels far too low. There are going to be a lot of times where using Merulina is just not appropriate and a 1.00 sprint speed just feels thematically wrong with how she's presented (in idle animations, kit, etc) In the video preview for Aqua Blades she is absolutely hoofing it, but you definitely don't get that speed with the base speed.
  • 200 base energy gives the impression you should focus on using abilities with her, but there seems to be little to be gained from spamming most of them.
  • Most likely a bug, but you can hear Merulina constantly while in the Arsenal and it's pretty annoying.

Passive:

• I really don't like that this passive is a hard on/off, I feel like it would have been better to get a growing bonus up to 100% while moving that slowly falls off afterwards. Practically any kind of knockdown loses you the bonus at the moment.
  • While I get that this bonus is supposed to encourage you to use Merulina, I don't understand it thematically. I would have thought a bonus to Evasion (to offset her bad armour) or ability strength would be better at representing "water always flowing"

SEA SNARES

• Unmodded they move very slowly, another thing that doesn't feel like it fits the theme of fast flowing water. Other posters have said they dislike the ability with range mods but I find it to be very underwhelming without them, the range of the homing feels too short. The crux of their complaints was enemies being CC'd too far away, so maybe the CC can kick in after a second or two?
  • The damage needs to be front loaded somewhat and the DoT needs to proc at shorter intervals, it's just way too slow right now. It would also be neat if it set off a Corrosive proc every second or so to help it deal damage to heavily armoured enemies.
  • Being able to set them out like mines is actually VERY cool and I would love to see the ability improved in some way to lean into this. Possibly if an enemy is hit with the ability but there are no others targets around, the extra bubbles will pile into them and ramp up the damage even faster?

MERULINA

• K-drive in small, self-contained levels works about as well as I thought it would; it's clunky, you get stuck in weird places constantly and it's faster to just jump off the damn thing than it is to try get yourself out of some areas.
  • Not being able to go to Spoiler Mode from the board is annoying.
  • Not being able to aim glide is annoying and goes against a LOT of learned behaviours.
  • You are a very big, very clumsy target while on this thing, something other than just bonus health would be nice to counteract this.
  • The double jump might seem like a great idea, but 9/10 times it just propels you into the roof where your camera has a fit because you were tapping jump to get somewhere.
  • If you have to charge jump to get somewhere, it's usually quicker to just get off and bullet jump.
  • The fact you don't ragdoll when you get knocked off it when you screw up a trick is I'm assuming an accidental bonus.
  • Merulina itself doesn't take the colours from your Warframe, it's the default blue which is a bit disappointing. *EDIT* My oblivious self didn't notice it in the actual Arsenal, my bad
  • As many others have pointed out, there are a LOT of mods and effects that don't work on Merulina; Vacuum, Enemy Radar, apparently now some Galvanised Mods

AQUABLADES

• My assumption is this was to give Yareli some kind of melee range damage that isn't melee weapons while on Merulina, but it does damage so slowly that it doesn't feel worth it. The only way I can think to salvage it is increase the tic rate or add some serious slash procs to the damage.
  • There is very little you can say about this ability and that itself is disappointing.
  • I would much prefer to see this changed wholesale into a squad buff ability to give Yareli some kind of usefulness in a squad other than "I get to the objective quick"

RIPTIDE

• This is a cool ability in concept that really should have been mechanically made more complex. Either:
  1. It should be channeled, with the initial cast setting up the vortex and a second cast (or running out of Energy) causing the explosion, with a damage tracker in the same way Equinox's Maim/Mend works
  2. It should have a reasonable duration between grabbing and exploding, to give time for additional targets to move into range whilst doing damage to the trapped enemies similar to Sea Snares
  • As many other posters have pointed out, the scatter effect of the explosion is counter productive to the game flow. Changing this to a more "water spout" approach of launching them straight upwards would maintain the current effect and keep them from being launched too far (in interior maps mostly but if they land close to the start point that's better than a random direction.)
  • The targeting of the ability itself feels... off, at least on controller. I've accidentally shot it past enemies a few times into the distance behind them which is really frustrating at 100 energy a pop. I would much prefer some amount of soft auto lock on of enemies, even if it's just "Oh hey you aimed here but that's juuust out of range of an enemy so we'll move that over just a touch for you so you don't completely waste it"

Overall I agree with other posters that at the moment Yareli doesn't feel cohesive, she just feels like she has a gimmick and abilities that were shoehorned in around that. That might change as we use her more, but other than some weak CC and questionable mobility, she just doesn't bring anything to the table that would muscle out other 'frames from their established niches. She feels less like the embodiment of flowing water and more like a water balloon on a tech deck.

The amount of points you need for later parts of the quest for K-Drive races are higher than player on the leaderboards have achieved..if they can't get the required amount of points with a decked out K-Drive how are players supposed to get the required amount with a normal K-Drive(myself for example)

For example page 5 requires 3,600 points most races i have seen the number 1 position has around 3,400 or 3,500.

Around 3,200 seems to be the average i have been getting and i'm a more experienced player but i also have the base K-Drive(never really seen a point in putting time into it out side of mastery) so it might be a good idea to start it at 2,000 as you have and increase it by 200 or 250 points per page.

Edit: Race rotated and showed one that had 6,000 points scored a 5,000 but shouldn't have to hunt for that 1 race to achieve the mission.

The k-drive movement of Yareli's Merulina doesn't fit regular tilesets at all. In most corridors the camera clips into the ceiling, your jumps clip into the ceiling and their height is hard to control with barely any forward momentum and making sharp turns in tight spaces is difficult because of the ''slippery'' and sliding nature of k-drive movement.

Her passive is great and the general gameplay is fun, but the rest of her kit is kinda bad. She has 3 offensive abilities none of which deal any kind of damage against high level enemies. Riptide only scales based on the NUMBER of enemies affected, but sadly not by their level. Aquablades and the bubbles look good, but have no scaling whatsoever.

ALSO COMPANION AND SENTINEL MODS LIKE VACUUM AND ANIMAL INSTINCT STOP WORKING WHILE RIDING MERULINA, WHAT THE HELL!

Concerning the recently dropped Sister of Parvos Update i have a question:

If i want to buy both packs (Riptide pack because of the drone, noggle, sigil, skins and poster) and the waverider collection (because of the heart decoration) i double pay for the Yareli Warframe and the Kompresa secondary and the syandana...

Is that intended?
Hope not... Or do i get a discount then since i already own these itmes then? (most likely ingame on waverider collection then i guess)

wOts0lL.png

3EZc2Pe.png

Yareli's stock 1 ability can be used while using her 2.  
I changed her 1 with Helminth and that new ability can't be used with her 2.
If this is a bug this sucks and please fix.
If this isn't a bug it still sucks and I'm now less likely to use her. And you need to let the players know this so they don't waste resources like I did.

This frame cannot do steel path content well.

Crowd control is not able to be directed well or focused on priority targets. 

1st ability damage doesn't scale. CC is based on closest target. 

2nd hp pool doesn't scale. 

3rd ability damage doesn't scale. 

4th ability damage doesn't scale. CC is unusable due to throwing. 

Considerations. 

1. "On kill bubbles move to next target for remainder of duration." or "target has shield/armor/max hp reduced by X%". 

2. frost bubble/rhinoskin/nezhashield scaling invulnerability during first X seconds of summon. 

3. Different status effect. Something other than damage. Damage is added to 2. damage dealt is stored for next shot. 

4. Make it drop instead of throw. Change completely. cool water effect. bad ability. 

-Make it heal????

On the plus side, it is very hard to get knocked off Merulina, and that's great. It actually feels really good to ride a K-drive when you aren't getting staggered or knocked off just because your shoulder brushed against the wall. I honestly hope this expands out to standard K-drives and even archwings.

On the negative side, just as everyone else has pointed out, Yareli is weak. REALLY weak. Her abilities don't scale damage well enough to be viable in high level content, and Merulina doesn't provide enough damage reduction nor have enough health to survive against high level enemies for a good amount of time. I was also pretty surprised to see that I couldn't improve the damage reduction with mods. As it stands I can just use Nezha, press 1 then 2, and I'll have great mobility and better damage reduction that lasts longer than Merulina, while not having the downsides of trying to navigate a K-drive through narrow maps and only being able to use a secondary.

Okay so, Yareli.

Sea Snares is laughably bad. Sure it deals scaling damage over time, but that damage is so miniscule that it doesn't even matter. It is also really slow to home in on enemies.

Merulina is just clunky and gets one-shot in MID LEVEL CONTENT. Plus: Unmoddable damage reduction is just bad. Either increase its health, or let us mod the damage reduction. Or both.

Aquablades does too little damage for something that can't be modded range wise. Very disappointed about it, honestly.

Riptide probably her best ability, but that's not really saying much since the other ones are terrible. Damage scaling per enemy falls off quickly and its range is miniscule. 

Honestly in my eight years of playing, Yareli is one of the most disappointing Warframes I've played.

How you can change this:

Sea Snares: Should sap HP to Yareli or Merulina if she's on it. Damage per second and speed of the bubbles should be increased considerably.

Merulina: Give it more base HP or give it an invincibility period where it absorbed damage to convert to HP similar to Iron Skin.

Aquablades: If you insist that we can't upgrade its range, at least let it deal more damage. Alternatively, make it deal more damage to sea snare'd targets. 

Riptide: Increase the grab range. Make it deal damage based on total grabbed enemy health, rather than by numbers of enemies grabbed. Have it deal more damage to sea snare'd targets as well. 

-ability N 1: it should deal more damage, or make it that if we cast sea snares multiple times on an enemy, the damage increases.

-ability N 2: it needs some fixes, and for what reason, we are not able to mod it?

-ability N 3: first of all, why it doesn't scale with range? that's dumb, and second, it should be a "constant damage over time" type of damage ability that keeps dealign damage(like ability N 4 of vauban), but instead, for some reasons, it just deals 3 ticks of damage every seconds...

- ability N 4 is, kinda ok, maybe make us able to..i dunno, if we keep pressing 4, it doesn't instantly explode and keeps sucking enemies into it.

Well, after 4 hours of grinding i have nothing but complaints im afraid, i managed to get around 1600-1700 points in one trick by some unknown miracle (I seriously dont know how it happened) But getting past 2000 on page 5 is my limit. I just cant do it.

So i went to my dojo and rushed the new lab, ive spent the entire weekend to re-design the dojo so that i can fit in a 5th main lab without breaking the symmetry of the lab area, i mean there should be plenty of new fun research to start with right? its a whole new... lab.. with.. only 3 warframe parts, and they are useless without the main blueprint from said quest.....

Long story short, i have kids running up and down the corridors in my dojo, there is grafitti on my railjack, trash and leftover ransons all over my observatory and i can hear Skeg all across the ventilation systems no matter the time of the day. And there is nothing left to do in that new "lab" of yours either. (you could have at least added something like decorations or her weapons, something fun after all this time.)

Whatever i did to you, dev-team, to deserve this, then i apologise. I cant even get Yareli the normal way because of the high difficulty of this new quest of yours, even that option of keeping a trick alive for 20 second? It happened while i was drivin on the road, it just glitched in and thats that.

Is there a way to clear this quest without being a K-Drive master then im all ears, until then im giving up on this quest and try and get her through the market.
So far, im severely dissapointed in this part of the update.
MrTrixer (PS4)

*edit

Btw, is that quest marker gonna stay there forever until im able to do this quest? It is really annoying and i can see it no matter where i am in the ship..E5pJeWwWEAIlfuA?format=jpg&name=4096x409

4 minutes ago, Prototype019 said:

The quest to farm her is just a way to force people playing for hours k-drives, even if they never played it because they hate it or cannot do the tricks. Good way to lose other players DE, congratulations.

The frame is completely based on riding a kdrive. If you plan to get it for free maybe you should... idk... know how to pilot a Kdrive?

6 minutes ago, MotherofHermes said:

The frame is completely based on riding a kdrive. If you plan to get it for free maybe you should... idk... know how to pilot a Kdrive?

And that is wrong: this is a collection game, what is the point of playing the game if you cannot collect all the frames?

So yareli needs some help. Firstly, her 2 controls like absolute garbage and the amount of drift on that needs to be toned down. On top of that, her 4 needs a damage buff, the scaling is horrendous. Her 3 really should be affected by range mods, in its current state its meh, however it does seems to outdamage her 4 against armored enemies which is funny. The idea of her is cool, but the execution is clunky and requires changes. 

Archived