Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 30.5: Yareli & Kompressa Feedback Megathread (Read First Post!)

[DE]CoreyOnline

Ditto on Wyrd_Oh comments. I would also add that having all of her defenses tied into her Merulina ability results in two things:

One, she gets a rather boring to play at high levels with her 3 and 4 doing non-scaling damage and you are limited to only a secondary weapon. She is probably only matched in this one dimensional style of play by Valkyr. This leads to the second thing:

Two, you die almost instantly (barring the DDK/shieldgating exploit) once you are off the k-drive if you want to melee or use your primary.

I really don't know if it's intentional on DE's part of not:

There are items missing from the Riptide Pack in the market that are present in the Waverider Collection.

One is cash, one is platinum, but they both have overlap in items they contain. I want to buy the Riptide pack, but I don't want to end up with duplicates.

So I arrive at my question, intentional or oversight?

after playing some more, I feel like there are too many restriictions that come with being on a kdrive, its clunky, you get stuck in stuff, you can't revive team mates, camera clipping,  it goes against all the muscle memory about aim glide and traversing the tightly packed levels ! etc

could it be made press press for damage reduction without the k-drive and HOLD for the K-drive with DR?

16 minutes ago, MurderMurderMurder said:

Weapons fire breaks Ivara's stealth even with "silent" mods on the them now. This Ivara main will be logging out until this gets fixed.

Wait, so that wasnt just a 1-time bug? It happened to me as well, i thought it was lag or something, please dont tell me that this is intentional. Whats the point of Prowling with Hush and other silencing mods if the entire room can both see and hear you when you use weapons equipped with them?

Guest Actually Why

There have been some broken releases and bizarre choices made for this game, but I cannot believe a K-Drive centred warframe was made while K-Drive was in this pitiful state.

25 minutes ago, MurderMurderMurder said:

Weapons fire breaks Ivara's stealth even with "silent" mods on the them now. This Ivara main will be logging out until this gets fixed.

• Fixed a few abilities, items and screens that were not applying weapon noise reduction properly nor correctly interacting with Mods that have that effect.

• This should resolve issues with Ivara’s Prowl, Loki’s Hushed Invisibility, Banshee’s passive

you can log back in now I think ?

Yareli is very disappointing from a balance standpoint when Sevagoth came out in a pretty good spot. Hopefully she gets brought up to speed quickly. My thoughts:

Her signature weapon: Her passive gives her crit for moving around. The weapon has abysmally low crit and multiplier. What?

Her stats: The little buff to her armor is nice, but I do feel like she needs higher sprint speed. She's a dainty little warframe, why does she stomp around as slowly as Rhino? 

Passive: Make it apply to her abilities. Give it a timer (3-5 seconds?) before it falls off instead of immediately disappearing if you don't press W for half a second. Make it active at all times while riding Merulina so you don't have to tip-tap back and forth if you ever need to stop for a second.

Sea Snares: Needs a damage buff at least, or maybe spawning more globes. Maybe shooting the rotating globes when an enemy is held up makes them pop and deal extra damage?

Merulina: With adaptation, the resistance feels nice, but without it, a lot more damage gets through than it really should since she has pretty low base armor. Considering that you have to constantly be moving around with floaty controls just to keep up your passive, and since her other abilities are so weak currently, you're just a moving target for them to shoot and she NEEDS Merulina's resistance to survive in some cases. Please tighten the handling, and allow vacuum effects while riding it. Maybe give it a hold-type use where you get the Merulina shield without having to ride it. 

Aquablades: Either increase the damage or make it scale off of your melee weapon, this is like a severely inferior splinter storm. Make it recastable and castable when moving on foot like Snares. As it stands right now Aquablades is PITIFULLY WEAK and a waste of a slot. Maybe even give it an additional damage bonus to anything caught by a snare. EDIT: I almost forgot about its absolutely terrible hurtbox. Can it at least be more like splinter storm and deal damage to anything nearby instead of a tiny ring that won't hurt things that are slightly above or below it?

Riptide: Currently her only half-decent ability, but it has the negative effect of blasting enemies off in every direction when it goes off. The damage is low compared to a LOT of frames' 4s. Make it slam enemies into the ground like they're being shot down by a water cannon. 

I really don't understand how she was allowed to come out this weak. 

To be honest K-Drives are a nice gimmick and are sometimes useful to get around.

The Tricks and Combo System is an absolute mess though, combo chains break in the middle of a grind, the K-Drives maneuver like a dead horse riding a bathtub, etc.

How anyone came to the conclusion to do a quest with actual combo and point requirements for this mess is beyond me.

Trying to get these requirements done is INFURIATINGLY BAD and makes me want to skip this update entirely.

The races are OK, just search for one long enough, the moves are easy enough. Getting a 10x Combo or big combo points? Pure luck.

I've played THPS back in the day, and I wasn't bad at it, it's not that i'm utterly incapable, but this is just...bad, I'm sorry. It's OK as a gimmick, but not as an actual requirement. Don't force me to play it if you don't want to put in the work to make it an actually fun and polished experience.

EDIT: Turns out equipping any of the Deimos K-Drive Skins somehow BREAKS collision for the board, so that your combo-streak/grinds/etc. get dropped all the time. Removing the skin let me do the 2000 point streak on the first try.

Merulina: Something I never understood about K-Drives and Archwings, they have shields and health, and they're not locked to just 1 and 1. Why does Yareli get kicked off Merulina once an Arson Eximus throws its ring out? It's very annoying, especially considering K-Drives control problems in general. I like the idea of it as an ability, but much like Archwings got a look over with Titania Prime if I remember right- I think it's time to do the same for K-Drives. They've always been slippery and hard to control, and now that we got them indoors and not in a big empty map they should be looked over again.

That being said, I'm sure it's been complained about many times- the Archwings kicking you out a simple tap from the turrets and enemies in POE/Fortuna/Deimos. It has the same problem, and been around much longer.

3 hours ago, Wyrd_Oh said:

I ended up just purchasing her because I'm too impatient to wait for the quest requirements to (hopefully) get nerfed.

These are initial impressions, but first impressions count. Please pretend I start every sentence with "I feel like" or "In my opinion".

Frame:

• 65 Armour is... really bad. I get that her theme is that she's a mobile 'frame, but I was under the impression that 100 was the new base level. The little bit of temp health you get through Merulina isn't going to help with end game content if you're getting dismantled by enemies because you're riding on something that makes you stick out of any cover.
  • On the idea of her being mobile, a 1.00 sprint speed feels far too low. There are going to be a lot of times where using Merulina is just not appropriate and a 1.00 sprint speed just feels thematically wrong with how she's presented (in idle animations, kit, etc) In the video preview for Aqua Blades she is absolutely hoofing it, but you definitely don't get that speed with the base speed.
  • 200 base energy gives the impression you should focus on using abilities with her, but there seems to be little to be gained from spamming most of them.
  • Most likely a bug, but you can hear Merulina constantly while in the Arsenal and it's pretty annoying.

Passive:

• I really don't like that this passive is a hard on/off, I feel like it would have been better to get a growing bonus up to 100% while moving that slowly falls off afterwards. Practically any kind of knockdown loses you the bonus at the moment.
  • While I get that this bonus is supposed to encourage you to use Merulina, I don't understand it thematically. I would have thought a bonus to Evasion (to offset her bad armour) or ability strength would be better at representing "water always flowing"

SEA SNARES

• Unmodded they move very slowly, another thing that doesn't feel like it fits the theme of fast flowing water. Other posters have said they dislike the ability with range mods but I find it to be very underwhelming without them, the range of the homing feels too short. The crux of their complaints was enemies being CC'd too far away, so maybe the CC can kick in after a second or two?
  • The damage needs to be front loaded somewhat and the DoT needs to proc at shorter intervals, it's just way too slow right now. It would also be neat if it set off a Corrosive proc every second or so to help it deal damage to heavily armoured enemies.
  • Being able to set them out like mines is actually VERY cool and I would love to see the ability improved in some way to lean into this. Possibly if an enemy is hit with the ability but there are no others targets around, the extra bubbles will pile into them and ramp up the damage even faster?

MERULINA

• K-drive in small, self-contained levels works about as well as I thought it would; it's clunky, you get stuck in weird places constantly and it's faster to just jump off the damn thing than it is to try get yourself out of some areas.
  • Not being able to go to Spoiler Mode from the board is annoying.
  • Not being able to aim glide is annoying and goes against a LOT of learned behaviours.
  • You are a very big, very clumsy target while on this thing, something other than just bonus health would be nice to counteract this.
  • The double jump might seem like a great idea, but 9/10 times it just propels you into the roof where your camera has a fit because you were tapping jump to get somewhere.
  • If you have to charge jump to get somewhere, it's usually quicker to just get off and bullet jump.
  • The fact you don't ragdoll when you get knocked off it when you screw up a trick is I'm assuming an accidental bonus.
  • Merulina itself doesn't take the colours from your Warframe, it's the default blue which is a bit disappointing. *EDIT* My oblivious self didn't notice it in the actual Arsenal, my bad
  • As many others have pointed out, there are a LOT of mods and effects that don't work on Merulina; Vacuum, Enemy Radar, apparently now some Galvanised Mods

AQUABLADES

• My assumption is this was to give Yareli some kind of melee range damage that isn't melee weapons while on Merulina, but it does damage so slowly that it doesn't feel worth it. The only way I can think to salvage it is increase the tic rate or add some serious slash procs to the damage.
  • There is very little you can say about this ability and that itself is disappointing.
  • I would much prefer to see this changed wholesale into a squad buff ability to give Yareli some kind of usefulness in a squad other than "I get to the objective quick"

RIPTIDE

• This is a cool ability in concept that really should have been mechanically made more complex. Either:
  1. It should be channeled, with the initial cast setting up the vortex and a second cast (or running out of Energy) causing the explosion, with a damage tracker in the same way Equinox's Maim/Mend works
  2. It should have a reasonable duration between grabbing and exploding, to give time for additional targets to move into range whilst doing damage to the trapped enemies similar to Sea Snares
  • As many other posters have pointed out, the scatter effect of the explosion is counter productive to the game flow. Changing this to a more "water spout" approach of launching them straight upwards would maintain the current effect and keep them from being launched too far (in interior maps mostly but if they land close to the start point that's better than a random direction.)
  • The targeting of the ability itself feels... off, at least on controller. I've accidentally shot it past enemies a few times into the distance behind them which is really frustrating at 100 energy a pop. I would much prefer some amount of soft auto lock on of enemies, even if it's just "Oh hey you aimed here but that's juuust out of range of an enemy so we'll move that over just a touch for you so you don't completely waste it"

Overall I agree with other posters that at the moment Yareli doesn't feel cohesive, she just feels like she has a gimmick and abilities that were shoehorned in around that. That might change as we use her more, but other than some weak CC and questionable mobility, she just doesn't bring anything to the table that would muscle out other 'frames from their established niches. She feels less like the embodiment of flowing water and more like a water balloon on a tech deck.

Just a quick follow up with some more thoughts

Frame

• On foot, the movement lock when casting Aqua Blade and Riptide feels excessive, especially with Riptide and the slightly longer animation it has.

Merulina

• I find myself wishing I could hold the cast button and just get the shield instead of having to ride.
  • You can't quick cast other abilities on controller by just tapping the ability button while riding.
  • The amount of times you come to a dead stop because the camera freaked out from you going through a doorway or getting close to terrain is a nuisance.
  • The inability to build momentum in the air when you jump from a standing start suuuucks. I know this is the same as regular K-drive but in actual missions it blows to try jump up somewhere and fall short because you moved about half a meter forward during the whole thing.
  • A radial blast with knockdown would be nice for when the damage shield pops, to give us a little bit of extra time to react.

Kompressor

• First up, I love the concept and implementation of it. I was surprised by the serious spray-and-pray spread it has on it, but it makes sense with the radial blasts.
  • It's very hard to judge just how much I need to fire to not supremely overkill things. Because of this, it feels very ammo inefficient. A lot of my use has been on Merulina (with no Vacuum at the moment) which doesn't help this.
  • Please either stop putting Vazarin polarity on guns or make a new mod that is worth putting in them, I'm begging you.
  • While I do appreciate the serious damage falloff on the blasts is probably to make it ineffective against single targets at range, using it on Merulina is difficult with the spread. It'd be nice if the gun had a homing effect or larger blast radius in Yareli's hands as her signature weapon to emulate her Sea Snares.

20 minutes ago, Wyrd_Oh said:

• The inability to build momentum in the air when you jump from a standing start suuuucks. I know this is the same as regular K-drive but in actual missions it blows to try jump up somewhere and fall short because you moved about half a meter forward during the whole thing.

This to me is the most frustrating thing to me about Merulina apart from it blowing up from enemy slams. Far too many times already in just one day have I caught on something small and fell with no momentum. Then I would jump up to get back on to ground but could only jump up vertically and fall the same. You are completely trapped into falling.

The other thing is her armour is far too weak for just 75 percent reduction from Merulina. The hits that get through hit hard.

Edit: I see they raised her base armour to 100 in the hotfix. so that is good. I will have to see how it goes

Wait, I just realized something: Kompressa doesn't have a bonus effect when being wielded by Yareli. Or if it does, the description doesn't say so. Why not? Doesn't every signature weapon have a bonus effect when wielded by it's respective warframe?

10 minutes ago, Perisie said:

Wait, I just realized something: Kompressa doesn't have a bonus effect when being wielded by Yareli. Or if it does, the description doesn't say so. Why not? Doesn't every signature weapon have a bonus effect when wielded by it's respective warframe?

There's actually a couple that don't, I can't remember exactly which 'frame it started with but a lot of earlier ones don't have synergies like the Akzani and Mirage. A more recent one is the Hystrix, Khora's pistol.

Wyrd_Oh  has got it down, read their stuff. Yareli is pretty weak but my disappointment comes almost entirely from Merulina. I happen to enjoy K drives and was really looking forward to the K drive frame. Merulina is better than an unmodded drive and much, much worse than a drive with any mods on it. At the very least I just wanted Merulina to be fun but without mods and literally nothing else in the kit being about drives… it’s just not very fun for me. She eats up energy and can’t vacuum or operator, I was hoping that [Juice] would be her energy source. Also I thought Yareli was going to be smaller than other warframes? She’s skinnier for sure but it would help if she was actually smaller so she wouldn’t smack into tops of doors while riding.

7 minutes ago, Wyrd_Oh said:

There's actually a couple that don't, I can't remember exactly which 'frame it started with but a lot of earlier ones don't have synergies like the Akzani and Mirage. A more recent one is the Hystrix, Khora's pistol.

Ah, gotcha. I thought that they had gone back and given every signature weapon a bonus, but I was mistaken. Thanks for letting me know. Then I have no issue with it.

This might end up being a bit of a ramble or rant but here we go. You can't even call this a quest there's zero story in here just grab your k-drive and do tricks I play warframe to play warframe not a jinky version of Tony hawks pro skater. Whomever approved and thought this was a good idea for a quest needs to get sacked not even kidding this is the worst quest in any game I've ever played and it's been ages since I've touched a k-drive but it feels buggy and downright boring. I didn't like k-drive before I definitely hate them now DE seems so out of touch with their own game it's not even funny and they've been out of touch for awhile. This is the first time I'm not going to bother to finish a quest so if DE's goal was to make players dislike k-drive even more well congratulations you've achieved it.

so this frame is very confusing

her 1 would be perfectly fine if it was just more focused on being a cc ability instead of damage, but currently is very limited by it's cap on the amount of enemies it can affect

like everyone else says, please let us mod merulina (and probably make k-drive mods better but there are a few good ones that would be really nice to have on merulina)
also the cap of just 75% damage reduction which is actually just redirecting it to the small health pool merulina has is quite bad in terms of survivability abilities

her 3 mostly just needs tweaks, something like giving us more sawblades scaling with strength or something, just let it do more damage in a slightly larger space

her 4 just groups enemies together temporarily then throws them all out and practically undoes the first half of the ability

lastly just - this frame has about 0 abilities that feel like they work together in any meaningful way and that's just heavily disappointing

Merulina needs to be moddable.

I know it’s kind of an unwritten rule that 2 exalted frames are never released within the same year and we just got Sevagoth.

But Theres a lot of great potential with all the combat and utility Kdrive mods that are just going to waste right now. Because they’d be far more effective in normal missions than they currently are for the open worlds.

Other than that I greatly enjoyed the quest. Being a massive Kdrive fan meant I had a blast going through the challenges. And they even taught me that the quick drop was a thing.

So just finished the waverider quest.

Pretty much all of it is pretty easy, but 1 part only was a real pain in the ass and its those 5 shockwave kills. Even when trying to kill low level mob on PoE it felt like a pain. I had a fully level Bomb The Landin' mod and that did not really help beside make giving me a bit bigger area when i was of target to do proper damage.

I get that it should not be that powerful an ability but can you look at the damage number again just to make it a bit more reliable. Having to slam like 10 time to kill 1 mob was not fun.

13 hours ago, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

Please use this thread to let us know your feelings on the following:

• Yareli: general gameplay, passive and abilities
  • Merulina: general gameplay and abilities
  • Kompressa: stats, function, etc.

- Yareli:

She feels weak, even compared to squishy frames. More on this further down.*

Her abilities feel lackluster. Her first ability has such low range it doesn't work for CC, but it's too weak for a damage ability. Overall it's literally just a bubble dispenser. Looks nice, totally useless. Her third ability has the same problem, too weak to be a viable damage ability, too low range for CC. Again, these abilities need larger range and higher damage to be of any use. Heck, her third ability doesn't even have a range stat. Her fourth ability is what should have been her second ability. Locks you in an animations, making you vulnerable, has low range, and hilariously low damage. This is supposed to be an offensive ability but it barely qualifies for a CC ability, and completely fails as a damage ability.

- Merulina*: Her second ability. A complete joke. A waste of an ability. A god damn gimmick, and you know it.

This ability, much like the entirety of Grendel and Xaku, is a meme. A gimmick. A bad joke. A complete waste. Yareli is a very squishy frame - on purpose, to force people to use Merulina for the damage reduction. But merulina is, in effect, just a meat shield. It basicall acts as a second shield, only that it also hinders your mobility, your firepower, and overall efficiency. The entire ability is just a reskin for K-Drives, the factually most useless thing in the entire game. It's no fun to use, it's clunky as hell, hinders your mobility to the point where a literal mobility scooter would be more effective, and it costs energy. It's a worse K-Drive.

Honestly, I never understood why you guys have this urge to create gimmicks and then waste valuable time and ressources trying to expand on that gimmick. They're only fun for so long. Compare it to Titania and archwing - archwing pretty much is a gimmick as well, but titania gains from it: better mobility, survivability and firepower. But what does Yareli gain? Absolutely nothing. The mobility goes into the negative, the fun ceases to exist, and the damage reduction doesn't help because you get stuck 24/7 making you an easy target.

The only thing Merulina has going for it is speed - but you can't use that speed because 99% of the game is closed corridors. Again, no mobility at all.

So here's my suggestions on how to unfrick the mess that is Yareli:

- Buff her armor to 200

- Increase damage and range of abilities 1, 3 and 4.

- Apply guaranteed slash procs to her 3

- Unlock the cast animation of her 4 so you can move

- Optional: Turn her 4 into a 2-stage ability: Press once for current effect, hold to create a vortex that sucks in enemies non-stop untill you let go, at which point it just explodes like usually. This would give it great CC potential. Additionally, it builds up a charge while being held, increasing the damage dealt once it explodes.

- Please for the love of whatever you believe in, delete merulina entirely and give her a proper ability.

Yareli right now is very underwhelming, and seems like her only purpose for existing is to put a K-drive in regular missions. My main gripes with her is that her abilities are under-powered, have no scaling, and lack any kind of synergies between them, which seems like wasted potential when her defining power is riding around on a K-drive.

My criticisms

Spoiler

Sea Snares: requires you to spam the ability if you want to CC a reasonable amount of enemies which takes a lot of time and effort. That mixed with it doing so little damage means its not worth casting.

Merulina: is basically required to use at all times because its really her only way of surviving, but can be really annoying to use sometimes sine a ton of tile sets do not work well with K-drives. 

Aquablades: have such a small range that they make you have to run right up against enemies to do any damage, and they also do so little damage that they struggle to kill level 50 enemies. So whats the point of using it when a single swing of my melee will do more damage than standing beside an enemy with Aquablades active for 5 seconds? it also requires you to have the enemy be standing a certain distance away from you, which is annoying since if you are too close to an enemy it wont hit them.

Riptide: locks you into a long animation, requires you to build for 200% range at minimum to do a reasonable amount of damage and CC, and also flings enemies that don't die in random directions, which is really something the warframe designers should know by now is a very undesirable effect, since it makes fighting the enemies that survive much more annoying.

my suggestions

Spoiler

First of all I would make it so Merulina is optional to use, but when using it bolsters Yarelies other powers in a way that makes sense. For example using Merulina is way more enjoyable when playing on tiles/ tile sets that are more open, so the synergies of using Merulina with her other powers would be more beneficial on these maps.

Sea Snares: Really needs to produce more than just 3 bubbles. It would be really nice if it was 5 at minimum, or if the number of bubbles scaled with her strength. Also instead of having the damage go up by a set amount every second, it really should be a percentage increase every second/ tick of damage.

Sea Snares bonus while using Merulina: doubles the number of bubbles produced, and sends them out in all directions, this way it could be a much more reliable CC when in open maps.

Merulina: remove the damage reduction and put it onto Aquablades as well as make it 80% up from 70%, this way she could still be survivable without being forced to use Merulina. An added benefit that would keep Merulinas health mechanic, and give Yareli some added survival is that Merulina absorbs half the damage Yareli receives. That, in combination with the 80% damage reduction from Aquablades would give Yareli an 90% damage reduction, which brings her to the 90% damage reduction standard that other warframes can get.

I would also give Merulina a base ability exactly like the Slay Board Mod gives to K-drives, doing 1000 puncture damage (modifiable with strength) to enemies when dismount launching Merulina.

Aquablades: First need a damage increase. 250 slash damage is bad, even when it hits enemies 3 times. It should also be mod-able for range, and made so that enemies take damage even if they are inside the ring, not just on the outside. If there is a concern about the radius being too large when modded then have it start at a 2m radius instead of 3.

Aquablades bonus while using Merulina: range of Aquablades is multiplied by 1.5, and adds/changes slash damage to Merulinas dismount launch.

Riptide: Instead of being a single 1 time group then explosion, I would change it to be a persistent vacuum like ability. Think zephyrs tornadoes but stationary and last much shorter (maybe 8-10 seconds, modifiable with duration) before slamming the enemies trapped inside to the ground. This would group enemies together instead of throwing them apart which is way more desirable of an effect to have, as well as give the ability much more time to gather enemies for the big hit of damage at the end.

Riptide bonus while using Merulina: not being locked in place while casting the ability is a great start, but on top of that I think using Merulinas Dismount launch into Riptide should cause riptide to end early and do bonus damage based on Merulinas dismount damage. So Riptide would do 2500 blast damage + the 1000 puncture from the dismount launch. And if Aquablades are also being used, then it would add the/ change to slash damage.

I was playing around and feel like nezah is a slightly better version of yareli,

his 4 is her 1 except it hits its max targets every time

his halo is her sea creature except without all the drawbacks of a k-drive and you can be cast on allies! and it makes you immune going into and coming out of it !

I guess his throwing halo might as well be her 3 but its better because it synergizes with his 4 and can be used to teleport teleport and debuffs

guess he is missing her 4 but you could subsume larva over his 1 and you got a pretty similar but probably better kit ?

Archived