Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 30.5: Yareli & Kompressa Feedback Megathread (Read First Post!)

[DE]CoreyOnline

I'm not sure how Yareli's passive is supposed to work exactly. I have done some quick testing with a 105% crit chance kitgun secondary, and was expecting some more punch from it. I don't know, maybe some orange crits every now and then. +100% crit chance is applied to the base gun stat, or to the compound stat after modding ? Even if applied to the base stat only, that would bring that gun's crit chance to 140%, so I should have 4 out of 10 crits (that is, 4 out of 10 attacks, in that case) as orange crits, on average. If compound stat, I should have ONLY orange crits with a few reds, so I suspect that for the sake of balance it's only applied to base stat.

Over the course of 3 missions, I got maybe 5 orange crits. That's even less than usual. And yes, I was moving all the time, it's possible that a few times I stopped to aim and didn't get the buff (as mentionned by someone else, a grace period would be appreciated), but overall I should have seen... Something. As far as I'm concerned, Yareli could very well not have a passive at all, because I couldn't norice it at all.

My thoughts on Yareli :

Using a new Water based Warframe is gorgeous, like seriously, I know we already have Hydroid but Yareli design and abilities are very differents and very cool concepts !
First thing first, thanks a lot for creating a new Water based Warframe.

Now speaking of her abilities I'll be quick, her abilities feels very lackluster indeed.. The concept and effects are very cool indeed ! But too much underpowered IMO.

Sea Snare doesn't do that much damage, homing is great but when there's a wall or a structure of any sort then the bubble will blast onto that, trying to reach an enemy, which isn't very smart but oh well, Sea Snare is not that garbage either, it's so fcking cool looking and it's a cool CC, i'm kinda sad you can't augment bubble standing still duration.

Merulina is my least favorite ability, first of all I hate K Drive, but the whole purpose of Merulina is to ride a K Drive and use it in mission which is not a great idea on its own since most missions outside of open world are.. well, tights, we're in small corridors, small room with A LOT of structures that can block you from progressing with Merulina and i'm not even speaking of ceiling which stuck me 90% of the time if I make a double jump. Same for the speed, K Drive's speed is great and faster than your ordinary bullet jumps spamming BUT it ends up being so slow cause of walls, fences, poles, sets, everything that is here to decorate the map becomes an obstacle when riding Merulina, so yeah, unless you've learned by heart Merulina's physics and maps tilesets you won't ever be using Merulina in an entire mission.. I use it time to time when I know the room is big enough to let me ride her, but when you have to move I'm not using her. That makes Merulina's use and control very very hard and tricky.
I wish that Merulina could at least do damage to enemies with some special bonus abilities, like flipping her tail on nearby enemies, using a shockwave to create a splash becoming a small tsunami or something like that. 
Abilities could have a differents use when riding Merulina ! That would give another purpose to use Merulina, like, Riptide could become a giant tsunami instead, aquablade could become a throwing seeker blades or simply spinning around you much faster in a bigger area, sea snare could become a bubble shield and so on.

Aquablade is sooooooooo gorgeous, it's just magnifical.. But it sucks so hard lmao, I mean seriously, the ability doesn't do any damage, I had trouble killing lv 30 infested (which are vulnerable to slash damage) around me, the ability is awesome on paper it's sad you can't upgrade the range, it's interesting as a melee attacker defence (and again that's not that great I already died agains't infested because they didn't stagger even with aquablade) but even as that, outside of infested faction there's like 90% of enemies in the game that are ranged attacker. That's not a big deal that much but it would be great if Aquablade could reflect like 50% of enemies bullets or something like that, giving it a bonus function instead of just being simply spinning blades around you that don't hit enemies 90% of the time. (except for infested) And maybe increasing the damage a bit or changing the way the damage are dealt ? Like, each blade spinning doing the value of damage.

Riptide didn't felt that "imapctful" to me, like it was an OKish ability, nothing incredible IMO.

I really think Yareli could be muuuuuuuch more polished. She gots, from my point of view, the best warframe concept of all Warframes.
She just feels rushed and very weak.

il y a 9 minutes, Uryel_Stormrider a dit :

I'm not sure how Yareli's passive is supposed to work exactly. I have done some quick testing with a 105% crit chance kitgun secondary, and was expecting some more punch from it. I don't know, maybe some orange crits every now and then. +100% crit chance is applied to the base gun stat, or to the compound stat after modding ? Even if applied to the base stat only, that would bring that gun's crit chance to 140%, so I should have 4 out of 10 crits (that is, 4 out of 10 attacks, in that case) as orange crits, on average. If compound stat, I should have ONLY orange crits with a few reds, so I suspect that for the sake of balance it's only applied to base stat.

Over the course of 3 missions, I got maybe 5 orange crits. That's even less than usual. And yes, I was moving all the time, it's possible that a few times I stopped to aim and didn't get the buff (as mentionned by someone else, a grace period would be appreciated), but overall I should have seen... Something. As far as I'm concerned, Yareli could very well not have a passive at all, because I couldn't norice it at all.

I'm pretty sure each bonus crit chance are always applied on the base gun stat. (except for Smeeta charm's buff)

Lol. It didn't even take that long to see that this frame is unplayable.
There are way too many oversights, which I suppose is to be expected for a K-drive frame.
I'm going to type out all my issues and first impressions, and so I'll start with Merulina.

Damn near everything knocks you off of your board. Even flat geometry and stairs in some areas.
After testing with and without Primed Sure Footed, the things that still knock you off are:
All enemy "AoE" weapons, including the non-explosive ones.
Arson Eximus Fire Waves.
Your own "AoE" weapons, including non-explosive ones.
Sometimes, because of a bug I assume, even your ally's "AoE" weapons.
QUICK THINKING when you're at 2 health permanently makes your board unrideable, as it will instantly eject you as you cast the ability (Are you guys serious?)
Then there's the few unique enemies with their own type of knockdown, too many to count.

While on Merulina, your pets mods also cease to function, meaning I now have no radar or vacuum, or whatever other useful buffs they provide me.
You also for some reason have 0 gear while on it? Guessing that's a bug, because I hit 0 ciphers while hacking every single time.
The jump height on the second jump goes far too high, if we want to go that high then we can just use the charged jump instead.
Unit collision is also a huge problem. Merulina contols as floaty as all hell, tiles have invisible walls that have always been around to get stuck on, and the added height just makes things worse.
Lastly, the biggest problem after getting knocked off the board 24/7, is not being able to cast any subsumed abilities while on Merulina.
Not even one-handed action abilities can be cast while on her board, and it's absolutely asinine. I don't care if the animations would look weird. At all.

Tracking back from her 2 to her 1, the bubbles are fine.
Their scaling is an absolute joke, but they're decent CC for a 1 ability.

Now for Aqua Blades, wow.
These things not scaling with range is ridiculous.
Their base damage is very low, and their duration is low as well.
I don't see any reason to turn these on, or use them as a subsume on another frame currently.

Finally we get to her ultimate. Wow, this thing does not scale in any meaningful way.
I guess no one learned from Photon Strike, because blast damage is horrendous and the scaling against armor is even worse.
Stop putting blast on anything, ever again. Even when against enemies with zero armor, this ability can't even one shot them with a group of 20.
Also, unlike what was said in her video, this ability doesn't let you hold the enemies in place before recasting to blow them up, which is a problem.
Being locked within the animation the entire time means you can't even utilize the grouping aspect of the ability, since right when you're able to shoot again the enemies have flown all over the place.

-

Overall, this frame is unplayable in any meaningful content.
The only viable ability is Merulina, yet with all the problems it has I might as well just play Nezha if I want a health object's damage reduction.
Unfortunately, I think fixing her will be too much work since most of her problems are from the K-drive mechanic.
She needs a ton of help, right now, but I just can't see it all being done.

So her K-drive is unusable is normal maps because it gets stuck on everything... facepalm. Was she even tested?

SUGGESTION: Make her hitbox smaller and change the movement to be more like Wukong flight - then it will be fun and very useful for quickly traversing.

I've been playing around with both so ill drop my two cents on the hat in the ring.

Yareli: 

Passive: Works, needs more of a grace period after you stop moving. Should also affect all weapons, not just secondaries.

Sea Snares: 
Its passable as it does decent CC. Its damage is completely worthless however, especially at high levels and steel path. It falls off way too early due to no scaling.

Proposed fix: 
Add something like enemy defense reduction and make the blobs faster. Then the low damage is fine, and enemies get easier to kill.

Merulina: 
Oh boy... It works but is /extremely/ clunky to use indoors. On top of that it disables all weapons other than your secondary, it breaks pet mods. The pets are still there however so they can still die, you just lose radar and vacuum. 

Proposed fix:
Add some kind of damage boost to secondary weapons to make up for their exclusive and forced use. Fix the broken pet mods and add a hold cast where it moves with the normal control scheme for use in tight spaces. Increase damage mitigation as well and add proper immunity to knockdowns. 

Aquablades: 
Its bad, its damage output is terrible. At high levels it becomes more or less worthless as it basically tickles enemies.  That it doesn't scale with range etc is something i consider fine, but it should really rip enemies apart as a tradeoff. Especially when used with Merulina since that blocks melee weapons.

Proposed fix: 
Add scaling damage like with vaubans fleshette orbs or xakus stolen guns.

Riptide: 
Love the way it looks and sounds but as the other abilities it suffers from low damage at high levels. Its also detrimental to use when it sends enemies flying all over the place at the end and its too fast to be able to smash the enemies while its going.

Proposed fix: 
Add scaling damage to make it work better at high levels and steel path. Also make it throw enemies down into a big pile at the end rather than flinging them everywhere.

Hopefully she will be fixed and turned into a very good frame as was done with Xaku.

Kompressa: 
Its a decent gun after ive been playing around with it, though i do wish it had more crit chance and damage, or status. Regardless it pumps out a fair bit of damage and can be modded for viral/corrosive/heat which is a very nice combo.

I have to ask why its entirely status based when its yarelis signature weapon and that's basically anti synergy with her own passive. 

DE Team,

if you need feedback on Yareli do the following:

1. Disable DevMode
  2. Equip Yareli
  3. Do a solo Kuva Exterminate with high emphasis on her abilities, especially her K-Drive, as it is her main selling point according to you
  4. Then try a seelab Sabotage or a Hive mission with the goal to find all secret cashes, while on K-Drive
  5. Take notes on your feelings and thoughts
  6. For advanced feedback do the same missions in the steel path.

Those 15 minutes of your time will provide you the most hands on experience you will ever need to identify some of her issues.

20 hours ago, (PSN)c1234567890alvi said:

Get her a second time to feed to Helminth ;)

The railjack pack is just as much plat and finished the red tide quest..this should be a thing. I have nerve damage in my right arm..its already hard when I play missions..I avoid kdrive at all cost!

12 minutes ago, ShortCat said:

DE Team,

if you need feedback on Yareli do the following:

1. Disable DevMode
  2. Equip Yareli
  3. Do a solo Kuva Exterminate with high emphasis on her abilities, especially her K-Drive, as it is her main selling point according to you
  4. Then try a seelab Sabotage or a Hive mission with the goal to find all secret cashes, while on K-Drive
  5. Take notes on your feelings and thoughts
  6. For advanced feedback do the same missions in the steel path.

Those 15 minutes of your time will provide you the most hands on experience you will ever need to identify some of her issues.

I was thinking she was bad on the Orokin Derelict maps with all the broken floors, but I had to grind some new Parazon mods on Kuva missions. Those missions were pure torture. 

PASSIVE: Good as it it.

SEA SNARESIt's a good enough CC.

Suggestion: It need some buff to it's damage/second.

MERULINA: Good ability.

Suggestion: It needs some tweaks to it's Drifts while moving.

AQUA BLADES: I think this the worst ability in her kit, because it's struggles kill low to high enemy lvl considering the base Energy cost.

Suggestion: It should have Damage scaling based on enemies lvl to be worth casting.

RIPTIDE: It's damage falls of after lvl 50 or so and struggles to kill Eximus and Heavy units.

Suggestion: I think it should have a base Armor reduction increased by Strength, and would be applied while grouping enemies and before the Blast, That would make her 4th worth it's base energy cost.

20 hours ago, Killallu said:

Her passive is slightly awkward with having it nearly instantly shut off when you pause for a second

Sea Snares suffer from an odd problem that the both don't do enough damage to kill things in any reasonable speed, but also scaling range doesn't really seem to be good cause there's only 3 of them anyway, and if they can't kill on their own then you don't want them CCing stuff 60m out.

Merulina is fine but why can't we mod her? I get she's buffed up but it seems odd to not reward people who actually grinded out the vent kids stuff. Also she doesn't count as a K-Drive for races... so that's really awkward and I reported that as a bug.

I understand not having Aquablades scale with range and having them only hit exactly what they touch, because if they just hit everything in a scaling radius then they'd probably be really good. But as it sits they are only useful for crowd control, and even getting up to 300% strength it can be a struggle to get them to do anything relevant. They're probably fine for zooming through venus though...

And last and least Riptide... Everyone told y'all that having it group people up only to throw them away a second later would be bad... And it is... Based on her trailer I was expecting it might work similarly to larva with it's augment, or maybe like a vortex or single tornado that you could cancel early. But no. Also it being in a kit that otherwise doesn't scale in the slightest with range is really awkward because it forces you to either not care about it, or build range to make it "better" at grouping (Which it in and of itself is working against you on) but have that range not do anything else for your kit.

TL;DR: She's really really bad... I don't want to come off as too pessimistic or mean about it, even though I'm sure I am. But she can't do anything other than be cute and ride a K-Drive that can't even currently do the one thing they're used for... Sorry.

I second this so much

Yareli was extremely dissapointing. I dont think anyone gave attention to her abilities. She was bad on paper as on paper it suggested that Yareli would Low damage, stressful survivalbility, clunky movement in tight sight spaces, moderate crowd control that is pretty poor protective wise, etc...

Those numbers on paper do not lie. Please have someone look her over

Pablo, we need you

I don't understand the amount of people saying the quest is "too hard" on the forums. Don't get me wrong, it's painful as #*!%, but only cause it involves a K-Drive in the first place, in my opinion. I completed the quest fairly quickly, and nothing stood out as particularly hard with a little bit of research and/or cheese, even with me having to learn the basics of using a K-Drive. What is weird however is that despite Acolytes apparently going to be more common, they still seem to spawn in the same interval as before. Is this an oversight?

So, my expirience with Yareli so far:

Passive - good, a little clunky, sometimes turns off even while I'm moving

1 - needs a buff. Cheap CC, but it's not useful in most of the situations, since it's faster to just shoot the bad guys. Slow speed, low damage, and hits only 3 targets per cast. Lets compare that to Protea's 1, which basically serves the same function - fast deployment, large AoE with no limit to targets hit, slash procs, and even second mode for shield regen and shieldgate. It would be good if one bubble, for example, caught a group up to 3-4 enemies (so about 9-12 targets per cast), similar to Khora's 2, so it would serve better as a CC, and the flight speed of the bubbles needs a buff. 

2 - why can't we use k-drive mods? We need to use k-drive mods. And maybe add an some sort of AoE blast after Merulina gets destroyed (similar to Nezha's 2). Strength damage reduction scaling would be nice. Also pet mods seem to shut down during riding, which is not good.

3 - needs either to be affected by range mods, or to expand with time passed. Both is good too. Right now it's too clunky to use, since you need to get into melee range, and just shooting the bad guy is faster, easier and more efficent. Some sort of damage scaling would be nice too, since it's completely useless on higher levels. 

4 - damage buff from enemies sucked is not noticable on higher levels, especially against grineer. Some sort of defence strip could help, or an additional thingy happening after explosion (defence strip again; energy orbs spawn with some chance for each enemy sucked; enemies get disarmed; etc.)

Good frame, but needs some love to become viable past normal star chart.

57 minutes ago, (XBOX)HollowCube987 said:

Anyone else laughing about how the Kompressa is just a Stug 2.0?

We wanted it, we got it

What is hilarious is that as a status based weapon which really isn't buffed much by Yareli's passive despite it being her signature weapon. Yeah, I know DE that you didn't want to make it 40% and create an instant monster (very debatable), but 6%?!?

Just some general feedback on abilities:

SEA SNARES
Serviceable CC for small groups but damage is negligible. Has the same sort of problems Vauban's Tesla Servos does.

MERULINA
Should not disable radar; why was that even implemented? We need pet radar. Should also be able to use K-Drive mods because heck, it's a K-Drive. If you want people to use those mods then let them use them.

AQUABLADES
Needs to be affected by Range stat. Damage still seems to be centered around facing LV30 enemies, doesn't scale.

RIPTIDE
Needs to be affected by Duration stat. Like most abilities, damage seems to be set for early game and doesn't scale.

so mutch for you cant accidentaly not produce kuva liches because you have to hold the x key LOL thanks now i have one because i just shortly pressed it because of the dumb parazon insta kill feature

well i sad lets juste make something to remove accidental lich but no now i can waste again 3 hours of boring content that brings me nothing
if the progress on liches where at least saved at the end of the mission we could just alt f4 the problem away

and still random instand deaths ond the corpus railjack maps as non host why should i play long mission there if i die random

and now getting stuck in the lich kill sequence

I honestly didn't expect much , and yet I was still disappointed DE ! 

How , with this much experience in rebalancing and tweaking and making frames etc... can you push a frame out in 2021.. that has ZERO ability synergy ?

There is literally no incentive to use any of the abilities together. If on their own they were decent it'd be a point you could forget , but they are not.

The 1.

Decent cheap CC. It ends there though.. there's literally.. nothing else

The 2.

This imo is a massive design flaw, tying a vehicle to a frame in a game in which vehicles don't fit on 90% of the maps. Plus the DR is pitiful on top of you not being able to stay on the k-drive at all due to all the knockbacks in game. Bad idea.

The 3.

One of the worst abilities in the game if not the worst.

You have pitiful slash damage dealt in a circle around you that you cannot expand. I get it DE , you were scared people were gonna mod for range duration and strength and just walk around killing enemies passively... okay. But look at what we have instead ! A circle that doesn't hit most of the enemies unless they are melee and  that'll never contact enemies vs ranged because you don't want to get shot with this frame.

I see that you tried to give it scaling by making the damage slash but it's just not enough and the circle is way too small.

Also why does this ability not provide anything else ? Why is it so empty , like , literally a subpar damage circle ? really ? No DR , no increased damage for the 4... nothing

Overall useless ability. No point spending energy to have it active. 

The 4.

I was confused by the way this ability works at first, but I started to like the way you can cast it afar. It made me think of Starcraft's High Templar storms and I loved the idea, but then came the damage and woah this thing hits for nothing.

You can outdamage this ULTIMATE ability with your weapons folks, that's insane to me.

And I went there and tried to add some synergy to Yarelli's kit by putting Breach Surge on expecting big numbers  when used in combination with the 4th.

The damage was sad.

Vs level 50+ armored you are not killing heavy gunners. This ability has abysmal damage and abysmal anti-armor properties, and even vs Infested it's underwhelming.

So yeah to resume:

Total lack of ability synergy

No survivability

Clunky mechanics ( K-drive and the 1 feel off to use ) 

No damage 

No offense but all of the abilities on this frame feel like they need an augment or lack something to be good and this isn't what DE should be putting out.Augments should not be a bandaid for bad design.

Half baked frame. 

3 minutes ago, Perisie said:

It looks like "improve sea snares" and "improve riptide" are on the trello board for planned fixes and changes now. So it's a start at least.

Shouldn't they have been better tested and improved before they even got released? If they really wanted us to beta test couldn't they have used the test server? I don't understand why they didn't and pushed it on everyone apart from some self applied urgency to give us something before tennocon.

Archived