Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 30.5: Yareli & Kompressa Feedback Megathread (Read First Post!)

[DE]CoreyOnline

3 hours ago, ShortCat said:

DE Team,

if you need feedback on Yareli do the following:

1. Disable DevMode
  2. Equip Yareli
  3. Do a solo Kuva Exterminate with high emphasis on her abilities, especially her K-Drive, as it is her main selling point according to you
  4. Then try a seelab Sabotage or a Hive mission with the goal to find all secret cashes, while on K-Drive
  5. Take notes on your feelings and thoughts
  6. For advanced feedback do the same missions in the steel path.

Those 15 minutes of your time will provide you the most hands on experience you will ever need to identify some of her issues.

Hell, just do a level 20 mission with her. She is so horribly designed even low-mid level star chart missions are a pain with her. 

This must be the intern frame. Honestly it blows my mind how poorly designed+implemented Yareli is. I will keep reiterating this, but Yareli is the worst released Warframe they've ever done. Without question.

Playing Yareli is like going to a restaurant, ordering the chef special, and being given the wrong dish then finding a hair in it then trying to respectfully eat the mistake only to find you've been charged double at the end. And when you mention the mistake the restaurant tells you to leave instead of admitting they did something wrong.

1. Sea Snare needs more bubbles, it should throw at least 6 and increasing the cap to at least 24. It needs % scaling damage like Hydroids puddle.
  2. Merulina needs and increasing in her health, adding some armor and that the 75% DR affects both Yareli and Merulina. It should allows you to use Primaries too. You should have the option to mod her like a K-Drive for open world purpose.
  3. Aquablades are out of place here, it encourage melee gameplay while the whole concept of Yareli is based on Mobility and gun gameplay, since she is very squishy without Merulina, Merulina is a must use. I was thinking that it could be a projectile instead of an aura, throwing an Aquablade that follows and latch on the target like the swords that Vergil throws in Devil May Cry, it could apply an Slash DoT that increase the damage over time and applies a slow, Holding the ability could throw 4 Aquablades.
  4. Riptide needs to deal some %HP damage and strip enemy armor after the explosion.

Hello i purchased yareli this morning and i was able to customize, change colors on her everything her assecories and her k drive board. Now her K drive board doesn't appear in my loadout for me to change colors and etc. (and yes ive restarted my game  and verified the integrity of my game files ) please get to me asap Love yal o3odIiVlxa.png

23 hours ago, Wyrd_Oh said:

Please consider either removing the "Get X points in a K-drive Race" step requirements, reducing them or making them complete X amount of races. For someone who has to use a controller due to medical issues for this game, the K-drive handles like a pregnant goat on a ripstick. I have never gotten more than 2700-ish points in a race and seeing that you need 3000 points for the third step means I know I will never complete this quest if they keep scaling like that.

Haven't played the update yet, but reading this made me think I'd be better off either not playing or buying her with plat. I have arthritis and all I can really do on a k-drive is simple travelling -.-'

5 minutes ago, TKV123 said:

Hello i purchased yareli this morning and i was able to customize, change colors on her everything her assecories and her k drive board. Now her K drive board doesn't appear in my loadout for me to change colors and etc. (and yes ive restarted my game  and verified the integrity of my game files ) please get to me asap Love yal o3odIiVlxa.png

You have to level her first to get the ability before it will show up in the arsenal.

Why would you decide to make subsumed abilities not castable while on Merulina?

There is a nice Airburst with Airburst Round Synergy waiting to be enjoyed and you just snuffed out all interest in experimenting with that frame in general.

Very disappointing. :(

10 minutes ago, chofranc said:
  1. Sea Snare needs more bubbles, it should throw at least 6 and increasing the cap to at least 24. It needs % scaling damage like Hydroids puddle.
  2. Merulina needs and increasing in her health, adding some armor and that the 75% DR affects both Yareli and Merulina. It should allows you to use Primaries too. You should have the option to mod her like a K-Drive for open world purpose.
  3. Aquablades are out of place here, it encourage melee gameplay while the whole concept of Yareli is based on Mobility and gun gameplay, since she is very squishy without Merulina, Merulina is a must use. I was thinking that it could be a projectile instead of an aura, throwing an Aquablade that follows and latch on the target like the swords that Vergil throws in Devil May Cry, it could apply an Slash DoT that increase the damage over time and applies a slow, Holding the ability could throw 4 Aquablades.
  4. Riptide needs to deal some %HP damage and strip enemy armor after the explosion.

1. Sea bubbles also need to travel faster. I can outrun them on Merulina. They also don't seem to use the energy color of the frame. I will have to double-check.

2. No. No. No. Don't tie all of our defenses to that damned k-drive. There are way too many maps where it sucks.

3. See above. Pull damage resistance from 2 and add it here. So she has some defense when not on her board. And also have the blades do more damage to mobs affected by 1. Is that synergy?

4. It is Warframe. All nukes suck past the starchart. I think the mobs scatter at the end just kills it as a useful power.

20 minutes ago, ZenHare said:

You have to level her first to get the ability before it will show up in the arsenal.

ive forma her once and she lvl 20 still dont see it (even when she maxed out )Pn8dDPJ.jpgnjtIazY.jpg

2 minutes ago, Leyvonne said:

Max rank is 30, not 20. After using forma you have to level her to max again for the ability to show up.

It is supposed to be available in arsenal once the ability is unlocked not when the frame is max level...

after playing with her for 7 hours straight yesterday she can be fun but she needs work

Passive: should be a flat buff with a grace period, like I don't expect a +100% crit chance flat buff to be a passive but as it is right now it's only good for weapons that already have high crit, which her own signature gun doesn't have sitting at a measly 6%.

Sea Snares: more bubbles per cast (perhaps an increase per rank and scaling with power strenght) + maybe some armor stripping or synergy with her other abilities to make them do more damage. Tried to beat a lich defense mission with her and I had to spam this so much I lost like half of time that could have been spent shooting and ended up failing the mission, though I will admit that the failure is in part because said lich showed up and the only other player was preoccupied as a result.

Merulina: needs lower jump height, lower boost speed, and better handling in normal missions, it doesn't have to be by much (it's mostly just the handling I want) but she's just too floaty to be practical and if you accidentally bump into a wall/etc. while jumping you bounce which can easily screw you over as you have little control after wards. letting her equip some K-Drive mods would be nice as well to give players more of a reason to use her when she locks you to your secondary i.e. gaining energy on tricks or being harder to knock off. Honestly making Merulina Yareli's passive and letting her use some companion mods for hp/shields/etc while also allowing Yareli to use all her weapons while riding her might be better. Also her damage resistance could stand to scale to 90% while the ability ranks up, though I wouldn't expect it to scale if this became her passive (and I don't expect it to become her passive because I am aware of how much work that would take).

Aquablades: They should spin faster, whether that's tied to a stat or movement speed or just a speed increase doesn't matter to me. As for damage it should scale with enemy level or something to be more viable in stuff like Steel path, also maybe it could gain more blades with rank.

Riptide: I have honestly only used this ability like 3-5 times in those 7 hours, can't really speak for the damage but the inability to move while casting is a serious drawback on such a squishy frame, also the ragdoll launch at the end isn't super help full so maybe it could pull enemies back in at the end like a receding tide.

Only other thing is I think she'd really benefit from primaries being usable on K-Drives. Also on a side note you can't use any subsumed abilities while riding Merulina even ones that don't involve movement like say Elemental Ward.

Kompressa: Fockin' vaporized a man with a bubble shotgun 11/10, maybe add a bonus when used by Yareli.

So I realise this may not be the ideal place for this feedback but it seems more appropriate than the other threads

Please provide an accessories only version of the Waverider and Riptide Supporter Packs.

I have happily purchased the supporter packs for both Railjack and Deimos but this time around they both contain actual content which I want to do, not buy. I want to farm Yareli and the Kompressa pistol, I also want the exclusive cosmetics from the pack(s).

We had this problem with Prime Access and the Prime Vault and it was solved to great success, please don't repeat this same mistake, it doesn't even need to be a cheaper pack, just add on some Plat or some Boosters.

5 minutes ago, (PSN)Oracle_Scythe said:

after playing with her for 7 hours straight yesterday she can be fun but she needs work

Passive: should be a flat buff with a grace period, like I don't expect a +100% crit chance flat buff to be a passive but as it is right now it's only good for weapons that already have high crit, which her own signature gun doesn't have sitting at a measly 6%.

Sea Snares: more bubbles per cast (perhaps an increase per rank and scaling with power strenght) + maybe some armor stripping or synergy with her other abilities to make them do more damage. Tried to beat a lich defense mission with her and I had to spam this so much I lost like half of time that could have been spent shooting and ended up failing the mission, though I will admit that the failure is in part because said lich showed up and the only other player was preoccupied as a result.

Merulina: needs lower jump height, lower boost speed, and better handling in normal missions, it doesn't have to be by much (it's mostly just the handling I want) but she's just too floaty to be practical and if you accidentally bump into a wall/etc. while jumping you bounce which can easily screw you over as you have little control after wards. letting her equip some K-Drive mods would be nice as well to give players more of a reason to use her when she locks you to your secondary i.e. gaining energy on tricks or being harder to knock off. Honestly making Merulina Yareli's passive and letting her use some companion mods for hp/shields/etc while also allowing Yareli to use all her weapons while riding her might be better. Also her damage resistance could stand to scale to 90% while the ability ranks up, though I wouldn't expect it to scale if this became her passive (and I don't expect it to become her passive because I am aware of how much work that would take).

Aquablades: They should spin faster, whether that's tied to a stat or movement speed or just a speed increase doesn't matter to me. As for damage it should scale with enemy level or something to be more viable in stuff like Steel path, also maybe it could gain more blades with rank.

Riptide: I have honestly only used this ability like 3-5 times in those 7 hours, can't really speak for the damage but the inability to move while casting is a serious drawback on such a squishy frame, also the ragdoll launch at the end isn't super help full so maybe it could pull enemies back in at the end like a receding tide.

Only other thing is I think she'd really benefit from primaries being usable on K-Drives. Also on a side note you can't use any subsumed abilities while riding Merulina even ones that don't involve movement like say Elemental Ward.

Kompressa: Fockin' vaporized a man with a bubble shotgun 11/10, maybe add a bonus when used by Yareli.

I should also add, if all our defense is tied to Merulina she should be healed by auras/abilities

1 hour ago, ZenHare said:

1. Sea bubbles also need to travel faster. I can outrun them on Merulina. They also don't seem to use the energy color of the frame. I will have to double-check.

They do not, I spent some considerable time in the Simulacrum and confirmed the following:

• it only pulls from the first energy color slot, and that color is muted and desaturated
  • the second energy color slot has no effect whatsoever

Hoping they eventually address this. In the grand scheme of things, there are items in her kit that are far more broken. But this definitely detracts from her fashion frame cred.

Yareli is VERY fun
Yareli is VERY weak

some ideas for buffs:
I don't really like her current passive, but idk what to do about it

make enemies affected by Sea Snares take additional damage from Yareli's abilities
make the amount of bubbles produced increase with power strength

let Merulina be modded with the K-Drive mods (and maybe use skins?)
add some damage reduction OR dodge while on Merulina,

let Aquablades have range mods change them
Aquablades have more blades based on power strength
more base damage for them, won't need a lot with Sea Snares causing more damage from her abilities 

have Riptide pull enemies in a Sea Snare from double range
surviving enemies should be slammed downward instead of flung outward
maybe having Aquablades active pulls them in, too, increasing damage (and giving them back after)

I might come back and post more ideas later ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

*edited to switch around a bit of stuff after talking to a fren
(basically that dodge while on Merulina feels more lore friendly instead of changing the passive to that)

First time posting in the forums, but I have some interesting ideas they could use for Yareli. Kind of scared to post it since they probably won't use it if someone suggests it I don't know.

Passive: Like I saw some other people post, there she be a grace period when you lost the buff instead of it vanishing the moment you stop moving.

Sea Snares: I honestly think that this is her best ability in her kit, thought I would either give the bubbles scaling damages, or make it so that they remove an enemies. (Both armor and shields.) [I have ideas on how this can be the main ability's that can synergize with the rest of her abilities)

Merulina: This ability is dreadful on the map tiles in this game outside of some more open ones and Open World. Instead I would say have it so that acts the same way where it gives her a damage resistance buff (max: at 80%) and give her the heal her creature has, but takes away her shield. I'm thinking Yareli summons a smaller version of Merulina that orbits her while in non-Open world maps and you can hold the ability down to ride on top of her in Open-World maps. Regardless of how Merulina is out, it will react the same way. If Merulina is destroyed after being summoned she goes into cool down and the cool down can be shorted by killing enemies trapped with Sea Snares.

Aquablades: Scrap this as her third and replace it with Riptide.

Riptide: Riptide can work the same way it has been working, but I would make it so that after it explodes, the enemies are pushed to the ground rather than ragdoll. I would also scale the damage based off the number of enemies either sucked. For added synergy with Sea Snares, when it explodes after sucking in enemies trapped by Sea snares, it release's bubbles that home in and explode on contact and those bubbles don't count towards Merulina's cool down reduction.

For the new fourth, reintroduce Aquablades, but give us the Exalted Glaives most of us thought she was gonna get. We can mod them like regular weapons. (She uses two instead of one.) For synergy with Sea Snares, enemies hit by the Glaives that are trapped by Sea Snares will cause the bubble's to pop dealing damage to that enemy and AOE damage to the enemies around them. For an added bonus when the glaives are thrown they will bounce between the enemies trapped by sea snares after the glaive collide with the environment or the first enemies they hit.

(Sorry for any grammatic errors this might have, I had the ideas in my head and wanted to type them out before I lost them.)

Merulina needs tighter handling, the ability to dodge / override momentum and hopefully the ability to aim glide. It should also be able to interact with mobility enhancing arcanes and mods like other mobility frames can. For a mobility frame she has very poor control over the K Drive to the point where it is detrimental to use in many maps.  Along with not being able to use Helminth on Merulina, radar, vacuum, or any weapons except for secondaries it makes Merulina feel limited and unfinished.

So, from personal experience, and after reading a decent amount of the suggestions in this thread, I'm going to try and coalesce all of them with my on experience. See if I can come up with ideas that can make Yareli both fun and effective.

Sea Snares: Overall, very weak damage, and extremely ineffective CC. The fact that you can only have 15 active, but can't cast more than 3 at a time is a bit too clunky, and it feels like burning energy for very little.

• Multiple Sea Snares should be allowed to latch onto a single target, allowing the DoT to scale for each Sea Snare on a singular target.
  • The amount of bubbles produced by Sea Snares should increase from Power Strength. Additionally, the max bubbles you can have active should be increased from Duration, though ideally to a cap of 20.
  • Sea Snares could be allowed to explode on a recast. EG: Hit 1, let the Sea Snares grab up some enemies, and hit 1 again to have them detonate. The damage, ideally, would be either based on the damage the enemies have taken from the Snares up to that point, or scaling based on the amount of Snares that detonated. Perhaps an agument?

Merulina: It's surprisingly clunky, hard to maneuver, and doesn't provide anywhere near enough survivability, and the fact that its DR is static is extremely underwhelming. Doubly so given the amounts of damage you can take in higher level content.

• Upon casting Merulina, perhaps Yareli's model should be scaled down slightly to avoid the general clunkiness of its controls in the more cluttered tilesets.
  • The DR and HP of the Merulina should scale with Power Strength. Alternatively, the DR could scale with Power Strength, and the HP could scale with Power Duration.
  • Moddable Merulina would be very nice, but I understand there's some back-end limitations that don't allow for it. Still, I leave it here in case it's something that could be considered.
  • Yareli should get knockdown immunity to her own weaponry while she's on Merulina. Doubly so since the results of using this ability in some tilesets can easily result in something that'd knock her off it exploding right in her face, after hitting some invisible terrain geometry.
  • Merulina should allow for the usage of Primary Weapons, instead of just secondaries. This should allow the players to choose whether they want a stronger Primary off the bat, or a Secondary with a high crit boost that demands they keep moving.
  • Yareli's passive should not deactivate upon casting Merulina. Ideally, by giving it a decay time, instead of it being on-and-off.

Aquablades: Limited range, damage in the double digits, and forces Yareli (a very squishy frame) to get into melee range.

• Give some amount of DR to Aquablades. Nothing too crazy, but something that can synergize with Merulina to give Yareli a decent amount of survivability. Alternatively, a dodge chance, akin to Xaku's, or something along the lines of Zephyr's Turbulence, where certain projectiles are redirected or pushed away.
  • Allow players to send out Aquablades as if they were actual glaives, in much the same fashion. On holding Yareli's 3, one of the Aquablades is charged and thrown out. Ideally, it should deal scaling damage for every enemy it hits, and it should have a decent amount of punch through.
  • The range of the Aquablades should be allowed to increase with Power Range. If the previous point is added, it could be made so the width of the thrown Aquablade increases with Power Range, and the distance travelled with Power Duration.
  • It should deal more damage. Period, end of sentence.

Riptide: Decent-ish damage for mid-level enemies. A complete and utter hindrance when fighting higher level ones. Sometimes, it sends enemies flying to hell and back, and sometimes it gently deposits them on the floor. Its cast time is just a little too long for what it does too.

• Increase the base damage, and increase the damage scaling for each enemy trapped.
  • Add a syngery with Sea Snares, where any enemy caught by a Sea Snare, as long as they are within a reasonable distance of Yareli (IE: Not on the other corner of the map), they are automatically pulled into the Riptide.
  • Add a syngergy with Aquablades, where throwing an Aquablade into a Riptide locks the Aquablade inside the Riptide until it explodes. The Aquablade would deal damage to every enemy in the Riptide, and would increase the damage of the final explosion/the scaling of it.
  • Give consistency to the Riptide's explosion. Preferably, the enemies tossed out don't fly out too far, nor too fast.
  • Allow players to hold the Riptide cast to trap more enemies and extend its duration at the cost of extra Energy Drain.

Yareli's Passive: As I said previously, it needs a decay time.

Misc. Notes:

• Yareli's base sprint speed should be increased. Given that she's supposed to be a faster Warframe, I'd figure that would extend to places other than her Merulina. Additionally, it should help lessen some complaints about Merulina's clunkiness, if players have the ability to move equally as fast, though without having to deal with all the collission issues.

Yareli Rework

Passive
Keep the current passive and abilities damage increases for every 5 second spent Murelina.
# This is because you are restricted to only secondary and abilities for damage when Ability 2 is active.

Ability 1
Does x damage/s and 50% damage vulnerability.
Press release 3 bubbles or hold release all bubbles.
Each bubble release an aoe pulse that heals everything when enemy is held.
number of bubbles scales with strength or range.
Each Bubble stores damage dealt the enemy held and explode in a 6m aoe when enemy die.

Ability 2
Yareli is invulnerable while active.

(Optional but Cool, Fun and offers build diversity
Similar to sevagoth's shadow Can be Mod with warframe mod
# This will mean that abilities are modded different when ability is active.)

Ability 3
Scales with enemy level and modable range.
# Dont let Helminth ruin a warframe

Ability 4
Has a duration. Can have multiple instances. Hold to deactivate.
Enemies that touch the water are affect by cold proc.
# Faster casting

Synergies
Murelina regains health when enemy is trapped by bubble
Trowing bubbles in Ability 4 spreads the effect to all enemies.
Blades move faster when on Ability 2
Standing in range of Ability 4 deals ability 3's damage to all enemies within

Kompressa NEEDS to be a crit weapon. Yarelli's entire passive is about adding crit to her secondary. You can only crit so much with a 6% base crit chance. 

If not a full change, perhaps add the signature ability to make it 20% -30% base crit chance in Yarelli's hand?

On 2021-07-06 at 5:26 PM, Wyrd_Oh said:

Please consider either removing the "Get X points in a K-drive Race" step requirements

that's the easiest part of the challenges - just find a different race to run, there are some that give 5000 points with many gates that are straightforward to get.

the harder one is the chain tricks thing, grinding the pipe outside Fortuna was a real pain.

I had some fun with the frame but there's some serious synergy issues with her abilities. I have some buffs in mind:

-Increase her passive's time to 3 seconds at most. Moving around is fine but some places are too tight so you can't make enough time to take advantage of her passive.

-Better DR. increase that to maybe 95%, similar to Mesa's

-Make her knockback immune. Almost anything knocks me off, even ground attacks, that makes no sense!

-give her 1 a debuff that makes enemies more prone to slash attacks to synergize with her 3

-Give her 1 a Breach Surge-like mechanic where if an enemies dies while in the bubble, those bubbles will multiply and seek nearby targets.

-Make her 3 go in a back and fourth motion while they spin so enemies don't end up in-between Yareli and the blades.

-Make her 4 group enemies, not blast em away! Have it where Riptide functions similarly to Tornado but with less duration and when it ends, it gives enemies a debuff that can stack with her 1's. and when it ends, enemies that were killed get thrown out while those alive get piled on top of each other.

-Add a CC ability with her 2. example, when you ground pound on your Merulina, have either pull enemies in on a big radious and add another debuff that stacks with the other 2 mentioned or make their guns get filled with water so they can't shoot (similar to one of Mag's augments). 

-Make her be able to use other Abilities while on Merulina. i tried ensnare with Helminth and it doesn't work, pretty dumb.

These are my suggestions to make her not only a better frame overall, but to make her abilities have a purpose and synergy that currently next to none. and if you noticed I mentioned debuff numerous times, it's cause her abilities aren't too damaging at all, so making her a debuffer frame would make her a nice support frame and give more reasons to use all her abilities. 

This is my first post ever responding or giving feedback so if there's grammatical errors, sorry and thanks for reading.

Don't maker her 4th ability launch off enemies to God-Knows-Where. That defeats the whole purpose of a CC ability.

If the ability is supposed to deal damage, then I'm sorry, but on high levels like 100s, its really REALLY piss poor.

Increase the number of bubbles in her 1.

Increase acceleration and deceleration of Yareli's K-drive. Make it more maneuverable. Your existing tilesets do not support K-drive movement.

So, just saw the buff drop for Yareli and am glad with some of the changes like making her do Cold damage instead of Impact, and a few damage buffs and passive buffed. Still one major glaring problem with her that makes her useless in just about everything...her only way of surviving being sneezed on by any enemy higher than level 20 is to ride around on Merulina, which is an absolutely terrible ability. Increased mobility and damage reduction? Good. K-Drive in regular missions set on tile sets that are 100% not meant for K-Drives? Horrible. She gets stuck on everything, her increased mobility is more of a hindrance than a boon because of how the K-Drive handles and the lack of space for it to maneuver. You made Titania's archwing style 4th shrink her down so she's tiny which is the only reason that works in normal tile sets, because if she was full sized it would be just as bad. Why in the world did you think putting a normal K-Drive into tile sets not meant for it was a good idea? Not to mention it's completely unmoddable. I am glad her other abilities got buffed, but you either need to do something to actually make her K-Drive useful in normal mission maps, or give her some actually decent survivability without it. She needs more armor at the very least. 

Archived