PSA: PlayStation 4 Trophy Support & Sisters of Parvos Trophies

Hi PlayStation Tenno, 

Today we have two updates regarding future Trophies on PlayStation -- one relating to the PlayStation 4 ecosystem while the other relates specifically to the just launched Sisters of Parvos content. 

PS4 TROPHIES:

We’ve been made aware of a technical limitation with the Trophy system on PS4 that does not allow a game to have more than 32 Trophy Categories. 

Between the 31 Trophy updates we’ve added on top of the base game Trophies (as seen in the screenshot below), Warframe has hit the cap of 32 categories on PS4, which unfortunately means that we are unable to add any additional Trophies to the PS4 version of Warframe. 

trophies_list_bottom.png

This also means that we will not be able to deliver the Heart of Deimos Trophies that we previously said would come to PS4. We apologize for what has already been a long wait on promised Trophies that ultimately will not be coming. Prior to learning about this limitation, the delay on delivering these Trophies was a simple matter of time and resources to set up, test, and submit that we did not have in between other console happenings. We are however working on putting together something special for PS4 Tenno to salute our Trophy collectors. Though, with TennoCon ahead of us, the various teams are all occupied, meaning this special something will be arriving sometime in the unforeseeable future. 

Rest assured that even though future Trophies will be indefinitely coming to an end on PlayStation 4, in-game challenges will continue to arrive on PS4 for those craving the completionism playstyle. 

PS5 TROPHIES: 

We are able to continue to bring future Trophies to Warframe on PS5 with the systems available there.

That, however, brings us to the second update of today’s post, regarding Sisters of Parvos themed Trophies and PS5: due to an unrelated technical issue Sony is currently experiencing with the Trophy validation tool, we are not able to ship the three new Sisters of Parvos Trophies alongside today’s update. 

We hope to get these Trophies into Warframe on PS5 as soon as we’re able for those Tenno who pride themselves on Trophy hunting. 

Thank you for your understanding and ongoing support! We will share updates once we have them to share.

• Like 6

Good to know. Killing floor 2 goes a different route to you in that it just adds new trophies to an ever expanding list, rather than an individual list that you provide each update. Maybe their way could mitigate the problem you are having.

Edited by (PSN)SABRETOOTH1971
  • Like 2

Or you could ask Sony to merge the lists into one or add to an existing list. There are definitely ways around this. Just admiring defeat is rather sad. I believe y'all can find a way. 

Also... how are you all finding out about this limitation now of all times? Those trophies were supposed to drop late last year. We're half way through the NEXT year, and now we are told you found this limitation out? Did you only start actually working on the ps4 trophies recently? Back in the day, y'all did them flawlessly. 

Edited by (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1
  • Like 2

On 2021-07-09 at 3:25 AM, (PSN)chabala said:

@[DE]Danielle, see what Elder Scrolls Online has done with their trophy system. They added a second 'game listing', and then they started adding new DLC to that; completely works around the cap. They are not the first game to have done this.

Yes. Please consider this. Several PS4 games have added an additional Trophy list to their game to avoid the limitation. For example: The Elder Scrolls Online: see https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/10505-the-elder-scrolls-online-additional-expansions

Dead By Daylight and Hitman 2 also did this and even more games.

If those devs can do this, surely DE can do this, no?

Edited by (PSN)Klart
  • Like 5

On 2021-07-06 at 3:28 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

PS4 TROPHIES:

We’ve been made aware of a technical limitation with the Trophy system on PS4 that does not allow a game to have more than 32 Trophy Categories. 

Between the 31 Trophy updates we’ve added on top of the base game Trophies (as seen in the screenshot below), Warframe has hit the cap of 32 categories on PS4, which unfortunately means that we are unable to add any additional Trophies to the PS4 version of Warframe. 

Have you considered adding a second Trophy list (just like Minecraft and several other games)? This circumvents the technical limitation with the Trophy system on PS4.

• Like 5

On 2021-07-19 at 7:55 AM, (PSN)Klart said:

Have you considered adding a second Trophy list (just like Minecraft and several other games)? This circumvents the technical limitation with the Trophy system on PS4.

I kind of hope they don't do this... I have 4 ESO trophy lists now because that's what they did and between both consoles it's just a nightmare now.  As much as no more PS4 trophies sucks, I think its for the best if it avoids that end.  I just hope the something special they have planned is finally a Platinum Trophy being added, I'd say we deserve it.

ESO is also a seriously bad offender because it had no auto-pop trophies.  People with 2000 hour accounts can in fact bring them to PS5, but technically need to start from scratch anyway if they want the trophies, which is pure garb.  

Edited by (PSN)N7_Dredgen

2021/7/7 AM12点07分 , (PSN)Patrickosan 说:

Trophies like Tomb Looter and Vallis Spelunker are still not working on PS4 if you have done them first on PS5 (exactly in that order). I've created a post in a playstation bug megathread:

No one care about this bug.I have same problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh DE please fix this. There are so many ps4 players who have spent years playing your game and earning trophies. This is a lazy excuse to not implement more trophies. There are many games that just add more trophies like Killing Floor 2 or do what Dead By Daylight did and create a whole new game entry. This would be horrible to play warframe for so many years and now you just abandon ps4 because you don't want to do some extra work that we know is possible by dbd and kf2 etc. Please fix this and don't abandon ps4 trophy hunters. We have stuck by you for so long because you care about the community. 

• Like 2

Le 06/07/2021 à 15:28, [DE]Danielle a dit :

Rest assured that even though future Trophies will be indefinitely coming to an end on PlayStation 4, in-game challenges will continue to arrive on PS4 for those craving the completionism playstyle.

Hello @[DE]Danielle

I've a question about the challenges : if we've already unlocked this Deimos' challenges on PS4 (like me), and migrate on PS5 after that, do we automatically unlocked the corresponding trophies on PS5 or we needs to do the challenges again (or a part of) ?

• 2 weeks later...

I mean, just rename the last entry to "Other Trophies" instead of update 31 and put all future trophies in the same list hereafter on PS4.

Heck, tbh I think it's just tedious to have 31 different entries with two trophies in them anyway... Why not fuse the whole list in a convenient section anyway.

Edited by (PSN)Stealth_Cobra
  • Like 1

On 2021-08-23 at 3:26 PM, (PSN)Stealth_Cobra said:

I mean, just rename the last entry to "Other Trophies" instead of update 31 and put all future trophies in the same list hereafter on PS4.

Heck, tbh I think it's just tedious to have 31 different entries with two trophies in them anyway... Why not fuse the whole list in a convenient section anyway.

imo it's a great idea, i'm not sure about the cap on trophy categories entirely, i'll edit this about it once i have the info about the trophies, Later Tenno

No, please no !!! Do not ask them to do this, if you want these trophies just Go play it on PS5 ! We can finally make it to 100% on PS4, I was waiting for this since 2014... so please guys don’t ask The devs to do this... and a second list for One same game is a nightmare !!! I can’t understand devs who did this for their games, two list for The same game it’s so illogical... One game, One list, point. You can do The new trophies on PS5 and this is OK ! PS4 version need to be done, so many complesionists 100% can move on to PS5 version or other games.

• Like 2

On 2021-08-29 at 6:30 PM, (PSN)BIBFIVE5 said:

No, please no !!! Do not ask them to do this, if you want these trophies just Go play it on PS5 ! We can finally make it to 100% on PS4, I was waiting for this since 2014... so please guys don’t ask The devs to do this... and a second list for One same game is a nightmare !!! I can’t understand devs who did this for their games, two list for The same game it’s so illogical... One game, One list, point. You can do The new trophies on PS5 and this is OK ! PS4 version need to be done, so many complesionists 100% can move on to PS5 version or other games.

What are you talking about? PS4 trophy list is still bugged and is not working like it should. If you did something first on PS5 than it's bugged on PS4.

I agree they should just leave the whole new trophies idea, because clearly they can't handle it, but bugged trophies on PS4 hasn't been fixed to this day, and it has been a very long time of asking them to do it... You can read my post up above to see what I mean. 

Am 29.8.2021 um 18:30 schrieb (PSN)BIBFIVE5:

We have new trophies on PS5 version of the game? I just looked into the app and only see the Update 31 list as the latest. Am I facing a bug here?

7 hours ago, (PSN)x-SCARDUST-x said:

We have new trophies on PS5 version of the game? I just looked into the app and only see the Update 31 list as the latest. Am I facing a bug here?

Both lists are the same for now.  DE hasn’t said when they’ll be releasing the trophies for Heart of Deimos and Sisters of Parvos for PS5, but they did say no more trophies for the PS4 version due to restrictions put in place by Sony.  Maybe we’ll see them with the update this week?

• Like 1

Hearing this news is more of a relief for me, Trophy system and in-game achievement system have different meanings for players. For long-term online games, I hope developers can design the trophy of the whole game from the beginning. Maybe I'm a little nervous. For me, a constantly updated trophy list will make me worry, "I finally got 100%, why update trophy list again?'', or ''I'm playing other games, now I have to take time to get new trophies." 

• Like 1

On 2021-09-11 at 10:21 PM, (PSN)Misaka-Konata said:

''I'm playing other games, now I have to take time to get new trophies." 

This is the behavior that DE is supposed to want to encourage, to keep you engaged. As it is, they've decided PS4 trophy hunters can safely quit playing. I believe the kids call this a 'smooth brain move'.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It's one thing to add trophies and completely otherwise of adding trophies that are bugged on the start. They can't fix simple trophies like Tomb Looter and Vallis Spelunker on PS4 (if you got them first on PS5) and there are reports that new trophies also don't work if you did them on other system. You should avoid stuff like that, but as you can see Digital Extremes don't care about that. All they care is how much platinum you can buy. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...