Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 30.5: Sisters of Parvos & Kuva Liches Feedback Megathread (Read First Post!)

[DE]CoreyOnline

7 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

I reached the cap a long time ago by only doing the challenges you set for us the players, you have extended the Nightwave cap in the past why not this time? to bad if I want to buy items in the Cred Offerings and it exceeds what I have in reserve.

It's not like we can farm extra Standing, I'm very disappointed in how you have run this current Nightwave, if you're just going to turn around and ignore players who play your game every day, I hope for future Nightwaves you take into consideration of your serious player base and not just casuals.

I have a friend who started recently and they're stuck in the same boat.

Nightwave caps out and after that you get 0 rewards...  like why?  

It's Nitain and Catalysts/Reactors, why is DE intentionally stopping newer players from getting these resources?

Nightwave just shouldn't have a cap.  

The limit is set by the weekly quests. If it runs for more weeks than DE intended, well at least make it rewarding for those still engaged with it, rather than getting everyone to be sick of nightwave for different reasons.

Overall fairly happy with the lich / sister changes. Still takes a long time to get the weapon you want, but the grind once you find the opponent is significantly less.

I will say, though, I am not even going to attempt the grind for the tenet melee weapons until it's changed to something less ridiculously time consuming.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1166021-empyrean-kuva-lich-changes-2710-27101/

• Doubled the chance of a Kuva Lich to have a Vengeful Ephemera from 10% to 20%!

Assuming Sisters have the same 20% chance, my RNG sucks.

In the past 30 Sisters + Liches, I've had 1 Ephemera total.

Wasting my time trying to get Ephemeras is basically all I've got left to do, can you maybe add it to the candidate so that we can see if its there.  This really does not feel like 20% at all, afaik I'm the only one in my guild with a single Ephemera from the sisters, did they get added with the unpatched 10% chance?

I was just chasing down a Lich on Earth.  I did EVERY node on that planet except Defense in order to get my Lich to spawn.  I absolutely can't stand doing that Earth Defense, let alone twice (as it is on the map twice for a lich node).  I guess ways of changing this for the new system would be:

• PLEASE make E Prime node a Lich mission (I have clicked on this about 3 times and loaded in with a newbie and probably completely ruined their experience as a new player on accident.)
  • Tikal Excavation as well (I like doing excavations more than interceptions and mobile defenses, not sure why both excavation missions are not lich nodes in the first place.)

I don't see why you had to change Liches to match Sister of Parvos.  I think it would have been cool if the Liches system stayed like it was (Except the progenitors need a system because the pool is too big for so many weapons to farm a specific type), but Sisters of Parvos system was just like it is now.  I like doing the Railjack for Sisters, I was surprised and slightly disappointed at the Lich version, as it seemed more likely for a Corpus would retreat to railjack and not a Grineer.

**Important** The whole deal with Nightwave was to make a certain aspect of warframe life more interesting and to offer a way to earn more cosmetics. It is WONDERFUL. However the continuing problem for what it replaced still exists. There were always something new happening at all times to earn something with the alert system. One of the big thrills with this game is coordinating  tasks throughout the game so that you kill 2 birds for Sheldon but use one stone. It is a magical thing when vetern players can coordinate less fun things w other less fun tasks to make them funner. It really is shocking to hit what seems a completely unnecessary cap in the nightwave. Especially so because it is sorta baked into the whole design of which the whole purpose of Intermission was created in the first place. Now I dont know all of the details behind why this situation continues to be a problem, but assuming there is some committee knitting the fabric of it all along some giant pattern. Knowing the final cap is important because it changes how you will spend your suddenly limited final credits. This current situation should not cap you out until we get the warning of the end of nightwave.

3 hours ago, (PSN)jockhotty said:

**Important** The whole deal with Nightwave was to make a certain aspect of warframe life more interesting and to offer a way to earn more cosmetics. It is WONDERFUL. However the continuing problem for what it replaced still exists. There were always something new happening at all times to earn something with the alert system. One of the big thrills with this game is coordinating  tasks throughout the game so that you kill 2 birds for Sheldon but use one stone. It is a magical thing when vetern players can coordinate less fun things w other less fun tasks to make them funner. It really is shocking to hit what seems a completely unnecessary cap in the nightwave. Especially so because it is sorta baked into the whole design of which the whole purpose of Intermission was created in the first place. Now I dont know all of the details behind why this situation continues to be a problem, but assuming there is some committee knitting the fabric of it all along some giant pattern. Knowing the final cap is important because it changes how you will spend your suddenly limited final credits. This current situation should not cap you out until we get the warning of the end of nightwave.

***important***

You are not the mouthpiece for the whole community. You are just one subset refusing to acknowledge opposing perspectives.

A cap ensures:

1. You do not have to engage every task (important for those who can't stand certain activities, or have yet to unlock them)
  2. Those who seek completion have an achievable goal (usually, unless DE do stupid things like they did with Glassmaker over-extensions)
  3. Missing daily duties does not add up to actively losing payout (doing the recoverable Weekly tasks will provide the vast majority of standing so missing dailies is survivable)
  4. In the case of seasons with recurring standing-payout enemies, you do not feel obliged to also invest mindless 'busywork' time playing the game as long as you do your Tasks (except for the idiotic Glassmaker decision.)
  5. Acquisitions from Nightwave - including typically-platinum sinks in potatoes - are controlled to a known maximum, especially in seasons with farmable Standing, even when the Nightwave duration runs long. These still exceed old alerts in general reliability for the players who do not have open schedules, until truly excessive overruns, which is when caps are extended or a new track is announced.
  6. We the players have some idea of the expected length of the Nightwave track, as long as we consider these design-philosophy points.

Intermission is still doing its job because it hasn't overrun very long (considering it started with an extended-length Prestige track compared to previous installments). If you can't budget your cred purchases, DE aren't obliged to give you more just because you did stuff you didn't necessarily need to do any more. Strictly speaking all you 'need' to keep doing are the dailies, since you could start indefinitely recovering all the weeklies if-and-when a cap extension was announced.

I too am doing all my Nightwave tasks, I am at the cap, and have hit the cap in every non-glAssmaker track. I'm not salty there's a cap, instead I'm salty they gave us one that was unreasonable to achieve if you weren't a regular Steel Path exploiter while that lasted.

I don't feel entitled to more cred for these extra tasks I do. They're still serving their secondary purpose - making me touch activities I don't usually think about any more.

After farming the sisters for a while and trying to farm melee Tenet weapons I can tell you this with no remorse: 5k-10k credits from a sister on a parazon stab is a backhand slap to the player's face from the dev team. Again. What happened with your promises to remove small credit caches from the reward tables? You only do it to reimplement it in the next patch as a new system reward. It feels as if the entire dev team suffers from the player feedback amnesia between major content drops. The only players that would need this money is MR1-MR3 and they shouldn't start sisters in the first place! Even the 150-300 kuva from liches feel much more rewarding than credit caches.

I suggest swapping 5k-10k credit into 1-2 corrupted holokeys. It's much more fitting, lorefriendly and gives players that already have all Prime gear (not talking about me specificaly, trying to put myself in the shoes of other veteran players) an alternate way of obtaining the holokeys from the single core gameplay activity.

To end on a positive note: I love how fast you get murmur progress to your sister, although it feels like some maps only spawn 1 hound instead of average 3, usually capture maps. It doesn't matter if a try to finish them fast or slow.

UI Feedback

The addition of the sisters lichs and additional kuva weapons has exacerbated the poor design of the converted/traded/vanguished lich management screens - both in the codex and even worse in Trading.  With 100+ converted lichs, only a fraction of which have ephemeras, to try to find the one you want to trade away is a nightmare.

• The icon should indicate weapon, element, and if it has an ephemera.
  • The search feature should return results if you search for "Ephemera" or "Cycron" or "Toxin" - it only searches the name, which with randomly generated jibberjabber names is pointless
  • if you hover over an icon when viewing all the liches, it should show add'l information like % weapon damage.
  • Also, give us a way to sell the dogs (and their weapons) directly from the foundry without having to claim it, then browse inventory for both it and its weapon just to ditch it.  I'd even be fine with a garbage can in the foundry so if we don't want to bother claiming just to sell, we can bin it directly and forgo the paltry credits gained.

Progression Feedback

• The corpus lichs feel well paced, and what the original kuva lichs should have been.  The Kuva lichs still feel like a chore and take twice as long.  They don't seem to spawn as often, the nodes aren't cleared as easily (as in you can complete the node, but still have it active), the progress gained per murmer is too low (and should reduce the murmer count per mission as well.  Just use the Corpus spawn rate (for both lichs and murmurs)
  • The RNG nature with the huge number of Kuva weapons is obnoxious - especially if you need to farm a specific weapon again and again to rank it to 60
  • the amount of combined % you get for valence fusing two low ranked weapons is horrible. Especially given the above point.
  • The 5 forma to get max xp is horrible.  I'm fine if you want to drive up your revenue by encouraging forma sales, but the tedium of re-levelling each of these 6 times is just grind for grind sake.  (If you're that hard up for $$ just make it so you can only purchased forma can get the bonus xp not crafted ones  /sarcasm)

Make the first forma applied reset to zero, and subsequent ones just reset to rank 30.  Or apply some multiplier to the affinity accretion like (# of forma * affinity) so on the first forma it levels up at the same rate as an unforma'd weapon, the second twice as as fast, 3x etc...

14 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

***important***

You are not the mouthpiece for the whole community. You are just one subset refusing to acknowledge opposing perspectives.

A cap ensures:

1. You do not have to engage every task (important for those who can't stand certain activities, or have yet to unlock them)
  2. Those who seek completion have an achievable goal (usually, unless DE do stupid things like they did with Glassmaker over-extensions)
  3. Missing daily duties does not add up to actively losing payout (doing the recoverable Weekly tasks will provide the vast majority of standing so missing dailies is survivable)
  4. In the case of seasons with recurring standing-payout enemies, you do not feel obliged to also invest mindless 'busywork' time playing the game as long as you do your Tasks (except for the idiotic Glassmaker decision.)
  5. Acquisitions from Nightwave - including typically-platinum sinks in potatoes - are controlled to a known maximum, especially in seasons with farmable Standing, even when the Nightwave duration runs long. These still exceed old alerts in general reliability for the players who do not have open schedules, until truly excessive overruns, which is when caps are extended or a new track is announced.
  6. We the players have some idea of the expected length of the Nightwave track, as long as we consider these design-philosophy points.

Intermission is still doing its job because it hasn't overrun very long (considering it started with an extended-length Prestige track compared to previous installments). If you can't budget your cred purchases, DE aren't obliged to give you more just because you did stuff you didn't necessarily need to do any more. Strictly speaking all you 'need' to keep doing are the dailies, since you could start indefinitely recovering all the weeklies if-and-when a cap extension was announced.

I too am doing all my Nightwave tasks, I am at the cap, and have hit the cap in every non-glAssmaker track. I'm not salty there's a cap, instead I'm salty they gave us one that was unreasonable to achieve if you weren't a regular Steel Path exploiter while that lasted.

I don't feel entitled to more cred for these extra tasks I do. They're still serving their secondary purpose - making me touch activities I don't usually think about any more.

The problem with the cap is that nightwave replaces the alerts. and there was no cap on that - so once you hit the cap, until the next season there is no way to get things like nitain, blueprints, or any other thing she sells. 

even without the cap, you don't have to engage in everything.

if there was no cap, no one should feel obligated to invest in any mindless busywork unless they wanted to buy stuff from her store.

if there was no cap, completionists wouldn't worry about an achievable goal.  There is (effectively, integer limts aside) no cap on maximum credits one can have, or total ducats, or platinum, or mods, or resources, or 90% of things in the game and I don't hear my completionist friends complaining because they cant achieve max credits.  I do however hear them complain they capped NW.

We, the players, wouldn't CARE as much about the expected length of NW track - as we could still buy stuff from her, and by in large, the same stuff she would sell next season.

On 2021-07-22 at 6:55 AM, TheLexiConArtist said:
  1. They can be maxed in three different competencies at once thanks to their extra base points. They also have perks ranging from "meh, sure" to "Yes please I'll take 50% damage buff on my turrets, thank you."
  2. The material and credit costs are barely relevant (oh no, slightly less to throw into Helminth, whatever will I do)
  3. That's your bonus points, of course they don't have any more flex points.

What you should be saying is that crew Sisters and Liches are basically irrelevant with these capable lads and lasses around. All they have to offer is an unmodded weapon and a handful of bootleg abilities that might be useful or useless depending on their origin.

ah no so when I looked none of them were anywhere near good they were all garbage also my lich that I converted is a way better defender than the others I had and they were max combat lol idk what your on about also even though I'm legendary rank 1 I don't have thousands of resources to throw around because I'm kind of not really playing as much as newer people or people who dedicate their lives to the game I have other things to do in my day so I can't devote days to playing like most and I've been going back to ticker over the last few days and it's just got worse so idk what your on about with saying they are better than lichs/sisters and the cost is way to high like I only have 5 mill because I've again never needed more than that so kind of bullS#&$ how they cost like millions when the regulars are 10 times better for 10 times less

53 minutes ago, (XBOX)Tucker D Dawg said:

The problem with the cap is that nightwave replaces the alerts. and there was no cap on that - so once you hit the cap, until the next season there is no way to get things like nitain, blueprints, or any other thing she sells. 

even without the cap, you don't have to engage in everything.

if there was no cap, no one should feel obligated to invest in any mindless busywork unless they wanted to buy stuff from her store.

if there was no cap, completionists wouldn't worry about an achievable goal.  There is (effectively, integer limts aside) no cap on maximum credits one can have, or total ducats, or platinum, or mods, or resources, or 90% of things in the game and I don't hear my completionist friends complaining because they cant achieve max credits.  I do however hear them complain they capped NW.

We, the players, wouldn't CARE as much about the expected length of NW track - as we could still buy stuff from her, and by in large, the same stuff she would sell next season.

You're getting all the old-Alert reward equivalent front-loaded to you faster, if you're doing every task without fail as they arrive. There's no 'loss' comparative to old Alerts unless the shortfall goes on for much longer, proportionally, than the time needed to cap.

You're just not forced to log in 4 times a day for Nitain + whenever random alerts happen to yield other things. You get it all at your own pace, which for some is sooner than the total length of Nightwave, while for others it might be up to or beyond the end of a seasonal track's duration because they just don't care to do it.

If there was no cap, completionists would still be worried about 'finishing'. They would then obligatorily have to hit every single task so they have the highest rank and all potential cred output available. The farmable seasons even worse so, not only being obliged to hit up every task but also just spending pointless mission time waiting for global timegated spawns to happen - global meaning it's easily missed by chance, towards the end of missions or while there aren't enemies around to be tagged 'active', and while reloading new mission instances.

Classic status-quo bias: Nobody needs to complain about them making an uncappable season until they do. Only the greedy and shortsighted need to be making a stink about the extant cap preventing them from getting More Free Stuff while that's just the reality at the time. You aren't necessarily more numerous, and your argument's  equally-valid opposition exists.

When the Glassmaker over-cap was announced, players who wanted that satisfying completion suddenly had a reason to post about the imminent lack of it. So we did. Only that wasn't 'all of us' because it was further diluted by the subset of players who had been doing so much endurance farming Steel Essence or whatever, that it was still achievable for them - due to the disparity in Glassed enemies encountered by virtue of sheer gameplay habits and time.

12 minutes ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

You're getting all the old-Alert reward equivalent front-loaded to you faster, if you're doing every task without fail as they arrive. There's no 'loss' comparative to old Alerts unless the shortfall goes on for much longer, proportionally, than the time needed to cap.

You don't even need to come close to doing every task to hit the cap.  I skipped months of logging in at all, didn't bother to even look at them when I was playing and still maxed it out.  Yet here I am and I would like to still be able to buy the cats, reacts, extra weapon bp's or other misc junk to mess around with, the mods to trade or give to clan members.

If there was no cap, completionists would still be worried about 'finishing'.

putting a cap on it and justifying by appeasing a few ocd players is not the solution.

Only the greedy and shortsighted need to be making a stink about the extant cap preventing them from getting More Free Stuff while that's just the reality at the time.

Or as you seem to be focussed on the completionist side, maybe only the ocd are greedy enough to defend such things. And its not free if people have to play to get it.

You better start maxing out your credits to hit the integer cap.

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Tucker D Dawg said:

UI Feedback

The addition of the sisters lichs and additional kuva weapons has exacerbated the poor design of the converted/traded/vanguished lich management screens - both in the codex and even worse in Trading.  With 100+ converted lichs, only a fraction of which have ephemeras, to try to find the one you want to trade away is a nightmare.

• The icon should indicate weapon, element, and if it has an ephemera.
  • The search feature should return results if you search for "Ephemera" or "Cycron" or "Toxin" - it only searches the name, which with randomly generated jibberjabber names is pointless
  • if you hover over an icon when viewing all the liches, it should show add'l information like % weapon damage.
  • Also, give us a way to sell the dogs (and their weapons) directly from the foundry without having to claim it, then browse inventory for both it and its weapon just to ditch it.  I'd even be fine with a garbage can in the foundry so if we don't want to bother claiming just to sell, we can bin it directly and forgo the paltry credits gained.

Progression Feedback

• The corpus lichs feel well paced, and what the original kuva lichs should have been.  The Kuva lichs still feel like a chore and take twice as long.  They don't seem to spawn as often, the nodes aren't cleared as easily (as in you can complete the node, but still have it active), the progress gained per murmer is too low (and should reduce the murmer count per mission as well.  Just use the Corpus spawn rate (for both lichs and murmurs)
  • The RNG nature with the huge number of Kuva weapons is obnoxious - especially if you need to farm a specific weapon again and again to rank it to 60
  • the amount of combined % you get for valence fusing two low ranked weapons is horrible. Especially given the above point.
  • The 5 forma to get max xp is horrible.  I'm fine if you want to drive up your revenue by encouraging forma sales, but the tedium of re-levelling each of these 6 times is just grind for grind sake.  (If you're that hard up for $$ just make it so you can only purchased forma can get the bonus xp not crafted ones  /sarcasm)

Make the first forma applied reset to zero, and subsequent ones just reset to rank 30.  Or apply some multiplier to the affinity accretion like (# of forma * affinity) so on the first forma it levels up at the same rate as an unforma'd weapon, the second twice as as fast, 3x etc...

I just want to jump in and say your way is useful but the current version should also still be available as a sub menu regarding the lich sister area.  Dont forget early liches dont do or have certain features or something

My -personal- feedback, I get alot of folk like this content.

But for me the Lich changes were more of a slog than they were previously, I typically play solo or with my partner/family and we've been having trouble killing the Liches at higher ranks, partly due to the Teleport skill, but mostly because they have ridiculous amounts of health and shields AND damage, the murmur grind at least was a bit more bearable but then you added Railjack on top of it, which defeated the purpose of making the grind easier, since my Railjack is just barely able to even qualify for entry into the Lich mission needless to say I didn't come close to even SEEING the Lich, and now I am very much stuck.

I would suggest making a new node on-ground specifically for the final fight instead of forcing Railjack, I get it's end game things but Railjack is a separate system entirely to your typical day to day gameplay, and not a system that's exactly friendly for new players, which I am not and I still don't understand half of what things mean when just configuring the Railjack.

One of the big problems I have with flow for both liches and sisters is getting requiem relics. It's frustrating to realize you're out of a requiem and then have to make a radshare to have the best chance to get the item that's blocking you. I really really wish that the requiem mods which are the main point of the relics would be moved into the common items so you can just run straight pub matches to accrue requiems.

First things first: I think you really nailed the sisters murmur progress and mission flow, this is exactly how the liches should have been whenever they were released. I like it and I like it a lot.

Now the negative part. Liches are STILL really annoying and murmurs are still just awful. The progress seems much slower than it is with sisters, you have to kill so many thralls to get proper amount of murmurs and in most missions this won't happen as the missions can be fast (unless you are slowing down intentionally). Also for some reason when I solo spy missions, I don't seem to get thralls spawning at any decent rate. This also means that liches don't like to show up or it will take multiple missions (more than with sisters anyway) to make them show up. Yeah I know we have ultimatums but unlike oulls I don't seem to be getting too many of ultimatums and also oulls have 3 uses while a single ultimatum is single use item.

All in all, I do not like the lich progression at all currently, sure, it is not as bad as it was before but it's not really too much better either. If only you had the guts to copy the sisters murmur progress to liches (maybe with slight tweaks) we would be really talking about fluent progression.

EDIT: Oh, let me quote this since I saw it

My thoughts exactly. I have been trying to get upgrades to my kuva chakkhurr, drakgoon and ogris and I have tried spawning these weapons more than 50 times in adaro and cassini and holy mother of god is it annoying, especially after seeing the same god damn kuva kraken to pop up in 3 attempts out of 4 just to be followed by kuva quartakk 3 attempts out of 4 which is then followed by 2 kuva seers and 2 kuva whatevers in a row.

This is beyond bad, something should be implemented to make this less annoying. My suggestion would be to split the kuva weapons so that you would be able to get 5-6 weapons from some planet (like saturn) and 5-6 other weapons from some other planet and so on. If this thing remains as it is, I don't really see myself playing missions for hours trying to spawn the weapon I want without any luck.

I have a feeling that the Holokeys are not quite in a good place when balanced against the other drops, players are struggling to get what they want specifically. Not sure what the sweet spot is, but having it compete against things like Sevagoth parts and whatnot feels slightly off since you need 160 of them for all weapons and can earn up to 6 per mission on RNG.

Maybe extra holokeys in specific side-objective pools to augment rate of accrual? So occasionally you'll get a semi-rare side objective that identifies Holokeys. I feel like adding it to other side pools might compound a potential issue with getting the rewards in those pools, so hard to say how best to do this.

This is also compounding some serious issues I had with Void Storms on railjack itself by making me do those missions. I play on Playstation, so this may not be quite the same experience across the board. The voidstorm itself, you're anchored to tilesets for safety. The storm melts players who want to do things in it. I feel like maybe this is intended, but locks out side-objectives heavily. If your pilot doesn't want to, then you simply cannot. Objectives become this heavily barred thing based on the ships movement and not based on individual player movement. It feels like trash to play that way. (This is also potentially just an archwing issue since they don't generally work well in the the space for survivability more often than not.)

The void spots that appear on tilesets in a voidstorm have serious issues. Frequency is excessive, to the point that I've seen other players and myself go down simply from the void spots stacking and melting them in rapid succession. The flashing that occurs when hit during this is excessive (though it's been tuned down), and I don't have photosensitivity issues, but it's giving me serious migraines at the rate and brightness of the flashes.

Liches aren’t fun bosses in general have zero mechanics just hit o or trigger till it shuts up. Why make me spend more time with a lackluster ai. Destiny 2 has champions and they still last seconds enemies are made to be countered by mechanics, experience and mods. Until you can do better than champions and or immunity phases there is ZERO point to making liches tanky. You HAVE to stop thinking you’ll invent something new if you won’t hire someone outside of DE. do it suck it up. I’m not talented at some things so I have others do what I’m not good at you are terrible at ai it’s a fact. Hire some people who worked on the division 2 and destiny and figure it out. When the final showdown was first shown the lich had a lair in their capital ship it looked like a specific fight arena. The fight needs that it needs to be paired with high level waves of enemies that are dense that really push cc builds and then after the horde another boss phase and maybe parts of other modes combined. After killing a lich my custom nemesis I wanna feel like I just annihilated a civilization godly levels of power were used Parvos experiences fear. Cmon man tap into the showdown experience make us feel like hero’s pushed beyond the brink. 

Tenet melee weapons need to play Void Storm mission and farm holokeys ,but RNG make it need to use many hours to get that keys ,and there still one more RNG things in Ergo Glast to get elements and  power buff.

REALLY bad game playing feels in this situations.

If can change to be 100% percents to get the key ,but for 2~6 or more keys. other drops(like Sevagoth parts etc.) set to  Ergo Glast's market and make it can be get by holokeys.

I think it will be more fun in warframe. please hotfix

3 pieces of feedback regarding Tenet Melee weapons

1. Do not call them Tenet weapons (i.e. same name as weapons you get from sisters). Name implies they drop from sisters, so I've spent about an hour re-rolling lich starter to get a melee until I realized something's amiss. Do not rely on people knowing wiki inside-out.
  2. Design of acquisition method will lead to burnout. My crooked math lead me to believe 1 weapon requires 12-32 hours of GRIND to perfect.
    • Grind 4 hours for each 5% increment. Let's be real, 60 will never come to the shop and 55+ will be rare. which means a perfect weapon could mean grinding for 3-7 weapons (12-28 hours).
    • To get preferred element, we might need 4 more hours.
  3. Timegating RNG that is already behind outrageous grind is... how should I put it? EVIL! If I want a specific +60% weapon with specific element I will likely have to wait for at least 3 weeks to get that, on top of having stupid amount of grind.

Am 6.7.2021 um 18:00 schrieb DebrisFlow:

We need a way to influence kuva/tenet weapon type occurence. Let it be a chance if you can't stand the concept of a deterministic outcome, it would still be better than no influence at all. As it is now, i repeat, it just suggests me not to engage in the Sisters for a looong time

I just want to underline this post, this is my main critique since the first appearence of Liches.

I did farm the 4 Tenet weapons i am most interested in, and although i'd like to get the Tenet Diplos for example, i think i am not going to try.

Edit: Btw, this system is designed in a way that we are encouraged to farm the same weapon multiple times - this is just another reason to give us a way to select the weapon we want. Maxing out a weapon will still take dedication and time even if we are able to determine the weapons.

I suggested 3 ways in the past to influence the outcome:

Equip the weapon you want the Kuva/Tenet Version of

Want the Kuva Zarr? Kill the Larvling with the normal Zarr and make it spawn a Kuva Zarr.

This would be an option to force the spawn, if you dont want to force spawn a weapon use weapons that dont have variants.

I can see two other ways to force spawn certain weapons, and those are more likely too happen and probably better:

Each weapon is connected to a certain node on the Starchart

Pretty simple system and imo the best, just chose the node that has the weapon you want.

Note that a small UI-Rework should come with this: Players should be able to see on the Starchart by hovering which drops they can expect from nodes.

Liches/Sisters or Larvlings/Candidates drop keys

While engaging with Liches and Sisters, you farm a certain item like a Parazon Mod or something you equip in your gearwheel which allows to pick the weapon you want.

I think this is 1. probably the way DE prefers because they love to keep the RNG and offer ways to bypass it 2. fine aswell because through playing the game you get the option to bypass RNG at some point, so you get rewarded for playing.

Other than that, i am actually happy with the changes.

The Murmur Reduction and the Requiem Ultimatum are changes i was waiting for for some time,

and if we get a way to determine the weapon we want i finally might really engage with the Lich/Sister system after 2 years.

Archived