Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 30.5: Sisters of Parvos

[DE]Rebecca

6 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

First, one must not have an active Kuva Lich, meaning a Kuva Lich and Sister cannot actively be hunting you at the same time

OKay, why? What if I want the added challenge? What if I prefer dealing with both at the same time? WHAT IF THERE WAS SOME STORY ABOUT THESE TWO CLASHING? WHAT IF THIS WAS USEFUL INSTEAD?

vor 8 Minuten schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

DECONSTRUCTOR MELEE MODDING CHANGES:

The Sisters of Parvos update will bring three new Modular Hound Companions, each with a unique Melee weapon. While reviewing these Companion Weapons, we noticed the Helios-old problem that there’s a lot of Melee Mods that you can equip, but don’t really function on companion Melee. There’s also some ‘invisible gear hopping’ where if you put Mods on your Deconstructor (or Prime), they carry over to your Melee which is a many-year-old oversight we’ve lived with, but are approaching changes more thoroughly with this Update and as a result we’re patching up this behaviour. 

These are mostly Mods that deal with combos or heavy attacks, since Companions do not have these features as well as other certain outliers. As a result the following Mods will be incompatible with the upcoming three Hound weapons and retroactively will no longer work with the Deconstructor and Deconstructor Prime:

Then please also fix rivens applying to khora, atlas and gara kthxbye :)))))))))

Can Excalibur Umbra get the fixes he deserves. He has completely unique bugs and interactions that players have to worry about that no other frame has, which can make it very aggravating to use him in any content.

The main few that I want to highlight are:

1.    Transferring back, or dying in operator and going back to Excalibur Umbra when you are not the host will teleport you back to his position as if you are using Magus Revert even though you aren't. This can be especially annoying as the operator can be very helpful for moving around or having an extra set of jumps to use (not to even mention the focus school abilities). I can never bring Umbra into any public missions because of how bothersome an experience it can be.

2.    Another terrible bug is when you have certain things equipped like dedicated melee or Exalted Blade, and you go into operator for a second before going back to warframe, Excal Umbra will no longer have the same setup equipped. I understand that he's sentient and whatnot, but it should really resume whatever setup we had before going into operator mode.

3.    This bug plays off the second one, where you will have to recast his exalted along with any and every duration type ability (e.g. helminth abilities) when you go into and out of operator mode. This is just terribly unfair as it doesn't work like that for any other frame and it ruins the energy economy since you'll have to recast, and is overall a terribly annoying experience.

4.    Using the Vazarin focus school's Protective Dash on Excal Umbra completely deactivates when you swap back to Umbra.

There comes a point when trying to base behaviors around lore jeopardizes the game play and this is well past that point. Umbra's frame mechanics should behave like any other frame in regards to switching in and out of operator. Instead, it's a slew of inconsistencies that can be very punishing for no real reason.

I would have reported this to the bug reports section of the forums if it hadn't been done such an abundant number of times already over the course of a few years.
Here's a link to a post that's been keeping track of a number of other umbra exclusive bugs in addition to the terrible, game-breaking ones he has:

Why are frames I fed not counted for the new helminth levels? Sure feels counterintuitive to be discouraged from playing the game and feed him frames because now I need to level that thing the hard way because I don't get the exp from my old ones when I was at the old cap.
keeping up with this systems and having all the of the abilities unlocked sure seems like a disadvantage now.

23 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Earn this new Requiem as a 25% drop chance when your Kuva Lich or Sister of Parvos flees after you’ve used the correct Requiem Sequence.

Hold on what?

So to get this, if you even get this with the chance being so terrible, you have to first beat up the lich NORMALLY and THEN let the timer run out, by which point the mod becomes useless?

Just now, Scarberius said:

I'd like to know how removing half my forma blueprints in the update was in aid of 'rebalancing'.

Make a support ticket if you have missing inventory items, this is in no way related to any changes made and it sounds like an account issue. 

Why did you outright replace void trace end-of-mission bonuses in void storms with tokens to trade for Glast weapons? The former were evergreen, the latter are not, and now we can’t farm traces so conveniently. I actually liked being able to do that.

So let's assume i decide to engage in the Sisters hunt now, collect all the Tenet weapons and max them. Then in 9 months you decide to add new exclusive Tenet weapons and the only choice for me is to rinse and repeat granum void, aborting every time one of the old and already maxed weapons appear, wasting considerably more time than a Cassini run AND a granum coin that i have to refarm. Let also assume that i'm masochist enough to endure this clown design, then 6 months after you release 3 other last Tenet weapons (like you just did with the kuva ones) and i have to endure this same BS with an even more frustrating chance for the new weapons....isn't it better to just don't play this content and come back in 2023 when i can farm all of them?

We need a way to influence kuva/tenet weapon type occurence. Let it be a chance if you can't stand the concept of a deterministic outcome, it would still be better than no influence at all. As it is now, i repeat, it just suggests me not to engage in the Sisters for a looong time

Archived