Waverider Challenge doesn't seem to work

EinsteinAndAGun

Question

The first page of the new waverider quest has you doing five 50x5 grindies. However, despite me doing that routinely, none of them are popping...then I randomly get one when not doing anything of the sort. Is this challenge broken? Do I have to hit EXACTLY 50 when at a x5 multiplier? What's going on with this challenge? All the others were easy, but this one seems busted.

Also, this post is tagged "warframes" because there's no tag for k-drive, and I can't have no tags.

3 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

This tripped me up a bit but the key is to hold Grind and jump and land after the jump while still holding Grind. 

The Lotus herself has answered my question. Thanks! So a "grindy" is different from a grind--good to know.

• Like 1

For me its the Challenge "Do 3000 pts in a race" but every race i do is capped to 2669 i don't know why. Trigger me a lot because i hate K-drive, and now iam stuck because of that..
If each "chapter" demands more pts each race, i won't do that stupid quest.

6 minutes ago, Blackister said:

every race i do is capped to 2669

Just find a longer race? The Race Near Nef's statue is available currently.

• Like 1

"Both"? There should be more races than that. The score you can get on the race is determined by how many gates there are. Do a race with more gates, and it has a higher possible score. Do you know how to find the races on the map? Just gotta hop in your k-drive then hold M to bring up the advanced map. Mark the race furthest north, which is still available right now. It is an easy 3.3k points.

16 minutes ago, Blackister said:

I did both of my daily race in Fortuna, but still, both a them give me 2669 pts

There should be five daily, ranging from lower to higher point range. 

Same with Cambion Drift races, which also give you Vent Kids standing. 

Just now, Cyloss said:

how do i kill 5 enemys with the shockwave move? that thing does single digit dmg?

I'm stuck on the exact same thing. Region chat seems to think you need the "Bomb the landing" mod which is a Rank 5 Ventkids offering...
Back to the standing grind I guess...

vor 4 Minuten schrieb aitch207:

I'm stuck on the exact same thing. Region chat seems to think you need the "Bomb the landing" mod which is a Rank 5 Ventkids offering...
Back to the standing grind I guess...

the mod seems to do nothing for me

but i found a way:

some of the Grineer in the plains use those little drones     they have almost no hp and if you hit them 3-4 times they die and count as kills

1 hour ago, Blackister said:

I did both of my daily race in Fortuna, but still, both a them give me 2669 pts

I used the one in the upper right of the map. 

however I am stuck on one trick in page three. Backside skyrocket doesn’t register. And I amdoing the trick as written 

Posted (edited)

Having just finished the quest, here are some tips for those who are still struggling:

1. For the Grindies, just doing them doesn't tend to give enough points.  So what I found worked was to do a big jump, hit space like mad, then hold ctrl+space until I land.  That usually gives me a Grindy and the spins beforehand will push the points above 50.  This will be a common tactic for the other pages' challenges.

2. For higher-scored races, the 5,000 standing "Grinding the Void" is available today, so I just did that a few times:
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/K-Drive_Race

3. The Slam Shockwave kills for Page 3 was mind-numbingly random because the shockwave is tiny and impossible to aim, but I found that speed (and maybe height) seems to increase the damage.  So just boost, roam a bit, jump, and then tap-hold ctrl at enemies, hoping to get lucky.  Might take a few minutes, but you should collect 5 eventually.

4. For the Backside Skyrocker, it won't register unless you hold it a bit.  I think it turns into another trick if you let go of A and LMB before the RMB part completes.  Again, remember to spin a bit first or you might get the trick but insufficient points.

Edited by MqToasty
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, MqToasty said:

[...]

3. The Slam Shockwave kills for Page 3 was mind-numbingly random because the shockwave is tiny and impossible to aim, but I found that speed (and maybe height) seems to increase the damage.  So just boost, roam a bit, jump, and then tap-hold ctrl at enemies, hoping to get lucky.  Might take a few minutes, but you should collect 5 eventually.

[...]

Simple solution I found for the Slam Shockwave kills: pobbers.

Three show up in one hunt and if you're quick you can slam them all. I seriously don't know what DE was thinking with an "attack" that does 8 points of damage at most (as far as I've seen). It's more than enough to squash some mice, though, and they count towards the goal.

2 minutes ago, R0AHN said:

I seriously don't know what DE was thinking with an "attack" that does 8 points of damage at most (as far as I've seen).

They were thinking 'registered losers suck, and we hate them.'

2 hours ago, Gibsonx said:

I used the one in the upper right of the map. 

however I am stuck on one trick in page three. Backside skyrocket doesn’t register. And I amdoing the trick as written 

You have to press <left> plus LMB, then click the right mouse button while holding them down. I did it off of Nef's statue so I'd have plenty of time on the way down.

• Like 2

Il y a 3 heures, R0AHN a dit :

Simple solution I found for the Slam Shockwave kills: pobbers.

Three show up in one hunt and if you're quick you can slam them all. I seriously don't know what DE was thinking with an "attack" that does 8 points of damage at most (as far as I've seen). It's more than enough to squash some mice, though, and they count towards the goal.

Another trick for this one : go on Deimos, find a mom ( near any obelisk ) :

Pin on warframe

then smash the kids  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gibsonx said:

Backside skyrocket doesn’t register. And I amdoing the trick as written

I jumped off the tall spire just outside Fortuna, on the way down press A+LMB and then press RMB whilst holding them all and the animation plays. Do it twice as you fall, 50 points easily.

• Like 1

Ahh the true spirit of warframe..!

players gathering to solve unnecessary problems that devs created.

I think that what differentiates veterans and rookies. Veterans who already accepted warframe for what it is try to work around the issues, while rookies makes thread in general discussion about how stupid the issues are and they need to be fixed.

Cheers to all of you!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, gbjbaanb said:

I jumped off the tall spire just outside Fortuna, on the way down press A+LMB and then press RMB whilst holding them all and the animation plays. Do it twice as you fall, 50 points easily.

I seem to get backside clutch instead. Was not holding them all,. thanks 

Edited by Jackdarsan

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, EinsteinAndAGun said:

The first page of the new waverider quest has you doing five 50x5 grindies. However, despite me doing that routinely, none of them are popping...then I randomly get one when not doing anything of the sort. Is this challenge broken? Do I have to hit EXACTLY 50 when at a x5 multiplier? What's going on with this challenge? All the others were easy, but this one seems busted.

Also, this post is tagged "warframes" because there's no tag for k-drive, and I can't have no tags.

This is my first time attempting much of anything K-Drive related (as board sports ain't my thing), and honestly the tricks has me hung up. Relevantly to your post, the way Grindy was capitalized led me to assume it was a specific trick's name; much to my frustration, the wiki said nothing of a trick by that name, but someone said it was just a regular rail grind (trick class). This then raises the issue of the command (hold L1, X). I dont know what trick that's supposed to do, but as my L1 is custom-mapped with Aim, I'm just seeing the Mario jump from pressing X. I'm not sure if there's no accounting for custom layout, or there is and I'm just missing something.

Edited by (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk