Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So do we just fire all our rank 9 crew now?

Skaleek

1 hour ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

Overdramatic bruh. Vehkor Hek or Hek? Pressure Point or Prime Pressure Point? Get it now?

Difference is pressure point existed for like 6 years before PPP came out. Our crew has been around for a few months, its had no mileage. Not to mention pressure point can be broken down for endo so that you get a return on some of your resources/investment. Get it now?

31 minutes ago, (PSN)JustJoshinEnt said:

No, because THEN you'd be complaining about "wasted resources" when you find BETTER crew and have "upgrade them all over again" instead of just hiring better crew to begin with.

Y'all will never be happy with DE, let's face it.

Uhh, if they kept the system inclusive and progressive where you gain crew and then upgrade them i wouldnt have a problem with it? You didnt read it at all or what? Oh i see, you're making your own argument, saying its mine, and then trying to refute it. Got it. Keep arguing with yourself you're bound to win eventually.

4 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Difference is pressure point existed for like 6 years before PPP came out. Our crew has been around for a few months, its had no mileage. Not to mention pressure point can be broken down for endo so that you get a return on some of your resources/investment. Get it now?

Crew has had plenty of mileage.  I have found them invaluable, and even a solid companion as On-Call in regular missions (seriously, mind is like a Top Tier sharpshooter, it's crazy).

2 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Uhh, if they kept the system inclusive and progressive where you gain crew and then upgrade them i wouldnt have a problem with it? You didnt read it at all or what? Oh i see, you're making your own argument, saying its mine, and then trying to refute it. Got it. Keep arguing with yourself you're bound to win.

You're making the assumption, though, that these ordinary human crewmates function like Tenno/Warframes and can, indeed, "level up".  I mean, if you're gonna push that, why not just have blank slates that you can distribute points across as you wish?  

...because that's a different system than what we have in Warframe.  The devs aren't looking to code a whole new game inside their game at the moment.... they're already tied up doing that with several other major projects, with a deadline in 2 weeks for Tennocon.

Current crew does just fine, IME.  If you don't want elite crew, don't get 'em.  If you want them AND current crew, buy slots.  If you want elite to replace current crew, go for it.

This is really a non-issue.

6 minutes ago, (PSN)JustJoshinEnt said:

You're making the assumption, though, that these ordinary human crewmates function like Tenno/Warframes and can, indeed, "level up".  I mean, if you're gonna push that, why not just have blank slates that you can distribute points across as you wish?  

...because that's a different system than what we have in Warframe.  The devs aren't looking to code a whole new game inside their game at the moment.... they're already tied up doing that with several other major projects, with a deadline in 2 weeks for Tennocon.

Current crew does just fine, IME.  If you don't want elite crew, don't get 'em.  If you want them AND current crew, buy slots.  If you want elite to replace current crew, go for it.

This is really a non-issue.

You're treating these crew like they're people. Its a game system, designed by DE. They can level up, they can level down, they can grow 8 arms and throw kuva nukors at you if DE says they can, thats a dumb argument.

You think its a non-issue, i think its another example of DE creating artificial time sinks with zero reason, benefit, or gain behind it. They introduced the crew system this year, told you to go out and check Ticker, knowing full well that they were going to release a system that said oh yeah remember all that time you spent min/maxing your crew? Guess whaaat? Do it all over again, exactly the same way, there's no difference, you're just doing the same EXACT thing a second time. Once again, forum lurkers think their time is worth jack. Learn to understand when you're being taken for a ride. Callin em out.

Some people wanna complain about balance. I'm gonna complain about ridiculous time wastes that are behind poorly designed systems. This is a big issue for me, if its a non-issue for you, don't post about it.

33 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

You're treating these crew like they're people. Its a game system, designed by DE. They can level up, they can level down, they can grow 8 arms and throw kuva nukors at you if DE says they can, thats a dumb argument.

You think its a non-issue, i think its another example of DE creating artificial time sinks with zero reason, benefit, or gain behind it. They introduced the crew system this year, told you to go out and check Ticker, knowing full well that they were going to release a system that said oh yeah remember all that time you spent min/maxing your crew? Guess whaaat? Do it all over again, exactly the same way, there's no difference, you're just doing the same EXACT thing a second time. Once again, forum lurkers think their time is worth jack. Learn to understand when you're being taken for a ride. Callin em out.

Some people wanna complain about balance. I'm gonna complain about ridiculous time wastes that are behind poorly designed systems. This is a big issue for me, if its a non-issue for you, don't post about it.

"Time Waste"? 

My dude, how tf long does it take you to go to Ticker and click "Buy"?  LOL

You're making it sound like you spent hours and hours climbing a mountain with these crewmates, and didn't literally just click "Buy" and "Add to Crew", essentially.  lol

If you're that concerned about wasting your time, then perhaps video games, which exist for little reason other than that, are not for you?   

Hiring Crew is literally one of the LEAST tedious things Warframe offers.   Stop making a mountain out of an ant hill.

6 minutes ago, (PSN)JustJoshinEnt said:

"Time Waste"? 

You're making it sound like you spent hours and hours climbing a mountain with these crewmates, and didn't literally just click "Buy" and "Add to Crew", essentially.  lol

If you're that concerned about wasting your time, then perhaps video games, which exist for little reason other than that, are not for you?   

Hiring Crew is literally one of the LEAST tedious things Warframe offers.   Stop making a mountain out of an ant hill.

Its literally repeating the EXACT process we went through with no logical reasoning behind it, and its a daily task thats timegated with rng. It's the definition, for me, of a poorly designed system. And so we come full circle. Not to mention i like my crew, and don't see the reasoning behind them being spaced out the airlock because they are obsolete, but that's their future.

It's neither a mountain nor a molehill. It's just a waste of time and a poorly designed system. Been pretty on brand so far.

24 minutes ago, (PSN)JustJoshinEnt said:

"Time Waste"? 

not everyone just buys random crew member, people actually want ones they like, how cant you people get that.

I really do not understand what possessed DE to implement a mechanic that would make us jettison the crew we've bonded with for better versions, when it's been suggested multiple times before this update already to instead let us rank up our existing crew to Elite. I would much rather grind Railjack a little more just to fill some XP bar for my crew so that I can get them more Competency points (ideally ones I'd be able to allocate freely) and a passive (ideally one I'd be able to choose), than abandon NPCs the game wants me to care at least somewhat about for ones with more stats. As it stands, there is a clear conflict between Warframe wanting us to care about these randomly-generated AI fill-ins as if they had actual personalities, and its AI-centric progression tree in Railjack ultimately telling us to ditch these people without any remorse just because better alternatives get unlocked.

3 hours ago, (PSN)JustJoshinEnt said:

No, because THEN you'd be complaining about "wasted resources" when you find BETTER crew and have "upgrade them all over again" instead of just hiring better crew to begin with.

Y'all will never be happy with DE, let's face it.

Sounds like projection to me.

Regardless, the current way is already "wasted resources". You pay for a crew member, only for there to be a better version released. Spending resources upgrading your current crew member to the next tier, or just buying a new one are both resource sinks. Being given the option to upgrade rather than discard just has the benefit of allowing some people to not feel bad about the additional resource sink.

This isn't something that should need explaining, given it's some extremely basic human behavior, and is something that DE, "paid professionals", should have understood. They are paid for the work they do, and deserve to be criticized for incompetence.

DE just want player to sink resource and spend more time to to grind, hoping that would keep players around until the next update.

On that note, the elite crewman are pretty expensive. The one I bought cost 4 millions credit and half of total of one of my resource(cant remember).

7 hours ago, Skaleek said:

No. It's a worthless thing to whine about. Just upgrade or don't. The good thing about it is you can 100% keep who you hired. Keep it pushing my guy.

30 minutes ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

No. It's a worthless thing to whine about. Just upgrade or don't. The good thing about it is you can 100% keep who you hired. Keep it pushing my guy.

So you... don't get it then. Okay. Well thank you for calling my post worthless while you yourself posted something worthless. Forum lurking achieved. You go upgrade your crew, I'm gonna post about how its a poorly designed system. Feel free to not partake at all my guy.

16 hours ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:
16 hours ago, Skaleek said:

It invalidates any sense of accomplishment or crew acquisition/effort put into their system thus far. Why wouldn't they just let us train the current crew up to the rank 10 level?

I mean, there wasn't really any accomplishment or effort in the first place.  You went to Ticker and said "Ooo, I'll have that one."

Sorry in advance but your either heartless or you don't play RJ that much :P

I had lots solo runs with my crew... i fashiond them out to match their respective syndicate in a (for me) funny way, even put my New Loka combat n*zi b*tch* on call to help in missions, cuz its funny to have her shoot the ancient eximi her syndicate sends after me or just have my little angry mayfly pop up in mobile defense missions etc...

(Kuva) Hek she can even hold herself in a survival on SP...

In other words I grew pretty attached to them and even though they went through countless missions with me, they (and I) will never reap a benefit from this?

Its kinda heart breaking if you thik about it and yes, a BAD design choice and missed opportunity for DE to make money (gilding a crewmember?)

BR

3 hours ago, Julia_af_Scaniae said:

I believe they originally had another idea for rank 10. But they couldn't figure it out. That's why we got this lackluster upgrade. Why would this update take several months to develop? It's like the simplest thing they could have done.

yes, letting you control the different systems of the ship to either increase shield, wpn power or speed as well as letting you hack the capital ships to open doors for your squadmates, disabling shields etc... but after the big RJ nerf/dumbdown that went out of the window sadly :-(

The only investment I can think of is the time I spent fashionframing each crewmember to match the aesthetic of my ship. Which took like five minutes, if that.

I've already chopped and changed a couple of the elite crew peeps and it does get kinda pricey. Prolly a better idea to just wait for one with a desired perk.

Short answer to OP's question: yes.

11 hours ago, Crossfire78 said:

I had lots solo runs with my crew... i fashiond them out to match their respective syndicate in a (for me) funny way, even put my New Loka combat n*zi b*tch* on call to help in missions, cuz its funny to have her shoot the ancient eximi her syndicate sends after me or just have my little angry mayfly pop up in mobile defense missions etc...

(Kuva) Hek she can even hold herself in a survival on SP...

In other words I grew pretty attached to them and even though they went through countless missions with me, they (and I) will never reap a benefit from this?

Its kinda heart breaking if you thik about it and yes, a BAD design choice and missed opportunity for DE to make money (gilding a crewmember?)

BR

Sounds like your crew was sufficient as-is.  So.... just keep them, then :/  What's the issue?

1 hour ago, (PSN)JustJoshinEnt said:

Sounds like your crew was sufficient as-is.  So.... just keep them, then :/  What's the issue?

Like every parent, i want a future for my children, as long this future involves dead tenno maggots  and would love a way to see them grow and evolve

13 hours ago, Crossfire78 said:

If it has to be one of those, then heartless would certainly be the appropriate option.  They are little more than a means to an end for me.  Fortunately for them, I see no reason to seek out replacements at this time.  They perform adequately as they stand.  In fact, hopefully better than before if the changes to piloting actually work out and I can rely on my pilot to actually point me at meaningful things like crewships.  However that is yet to be seen as most of my time in Railjack is, and will be, with two friends.  The remaining crewmember does well at putting out what fires do start.

11 hours ago, Crossfire78 said:

Like every parent, i want a future for my children, as long this future involves dead tenno maggots  and would love a way to see them grow and evolve

Whilst I think it'd be a fine addition, it simply isn't in the cards at this time to create an entirely new system for an already complicated crew system right now...  Not with so much to do, and being so close to Tennocon.   Maybe down the road?

But in the meantime, the current solution is simply either
- Get more slots.
- Delete crew to make room for Elites.

OR

- Just keep the crew you've got!  They've worked for you this much, and RJ hasn't gotten harder, so... why not just keep them if you want?  I've not upgraded yet, either. I see no reason to.  My current Crew On-Call already annihilates everything anyway...  

Thus, this really is a non-issue, as-is.

On 2021-07-08 at 10:53 AM, (PSN)JustJoshinEnt said:

Whilst I think it'd be a fine addition, it simply isn't in the cards at this time to create an entirely new system for an already complicated crew system right now...  Not with so much to do, and being so close to Tennocon.   Maybe down the road?

But in the meantime, the current solution is simply either
- Get more slots.
- Delete crew to make room for Elites.

OR

- Just keep the crew you've got!  They've worked for you this much, and RJ hasn't gotten harder, so... why not just keep them if you want?  I've not upgraded yet, either. I see no reason to.  My current Crew On-Call already annihilates everything anyway...  

Thus, this really is a non-issue, as-is.

You made good points but lets be honest putting points in crew skills is really simple system isnt it? about rest of things crew has its amazing what they did, just amazing, but leveling them or well better said putting skill points is as simple as it gets.

I dont think crew slots are problem. Problem is that they cost pretty much and so far i didnt see a single one with stats close to what i want and that is just stats, to get look i want and stats with it its just not possible, it would happen maybe 2 times in a half a year or more and i dont think that is really normal.

Sure normal crew is good but lets be honest elite ones have really good bonus for gunners and engine of course everyone wants to swap old ones.

But yea its not game breaking issue unlike some others, its just something that could be made better.

Archived