Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sister not Spawning after rank 1 (25 kills)

Circle_of_Psi

7 minutes ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Sorry, just to be clear, the sister candidate won't spawn IN the granum void. You have to finish the void, then play the rest of the mission, and the candidate should spawn later.

Since Sisters need an extra step (the granum void) to spawn candidate, you guys not making an extra step for larvlings to spawn? So as to balance things? lol

12 minutes ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Sorry, just to be clear, the sister candidate won't spawn IN the granum void. You have to finish the void, then play the rest of the mission, and the candidate should spawn later.

I've now burned six coins and haven't seen a single sister spawn... I'm running out of coins at this point since they cost a coin shouldn't the spawn be guaranteed at least?

12 minutes ago, [DE]Momaw said:

I'm aware of that but sometimes they don't at all and no one else can use the Larval, only the person who slots the keys, this needs to be changed, as well, Zenith Void, seems a bit harsh just for a Lich, lowering it down will be much easier for new players.

A sister came up, but I was unable to stab her.

3 minutes ago, kyori said:

Since Sisters need an extra step (the granum void) to spawn candidate, you guys not making an extra step for larvlings to spawn? So as to balance things? lol

Seems that way

13 minutes ago, [DE]Momaw said:

[DE]Dudley mentioned in another tread that the completition of the Tempestarii quest is needed in order to spawn a sister. While the patch note mention we get a video after completing the quest, might be good to put more emphasis in the patch not that the quest is a requirement.

35 minutes ago, smashedwookie said:

[DE]Dudley mentioned in another tread that the completition of the Tempestarii quest is needed in order to spawn a sister. While the patch note mention we get a video after completing the quest, might be good to put more emphasis in the patch not that the quest is a requirement.

Yeah, it's already complete 

It didn't spawn for me the first time (rank 1, zenith coin), rescue mission Triton - Neptune. It spawned for me the 2nd time (capture, skyresh - phobos). Not quite immediate, but fast enough, 5-10 seconds after exit. PC Platform.

Edit:

@[DE]Momaw.  It looks like if I entered the hand less than 200ish meters from the exit, the Sister larvling won't spawn. It happened to me 4 times already where the hand locations were between 50m to 201m. Video below. I waited a few minutes just to make sure.

1 hour ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Don't suppose you could record a video of your run to show what you're doing?

Ah, I whuold if I had recording software, but the issue seems to be have solved, as I do have my Sister now.

So, turns out there is a few factors:

1. The HOST must be the one to facilitate the Zenith Void, no one else can, it will not come up if you are not the Host.
  2. Your teammates can kill the Larval Sister before you reach it, my buddy killed it (by mistake ofc) and we had to restart the mission, perhaps make the Larval immune to damage after she or he falls
  3. The Sister does not seem to spawn 100% of the time (not sure why) there has been some factors where she just refused to outright spawn
  4. The Zenith Mission is far too difficult for a basic and new player to get to even R1, perhaps chnageing it to the lowest or mid tier will be much better

This is all I was able to find, I hope it's enough, after I got my Sister, I helped a buddy out with his Kuva lich and ran into some issues, Tone down the number of missions, 5-10 Missions on average (over 12-13) is strongly better and there is no difference at all

Lastly: Some Liches (that I came across, after I got mine) where FAR too tanky, this needs be solved. 

hello. ran a bunch of corpus ship missions (capture). capture target, enter void, beat void and exit... no lich/sister/thrall ever spawns. was told in-game to run hydron on pluto.. ran a few times with the same result. no matter which coin i use in the void, nothing spawns on exiting the void.. am i missing something? thanks in advance. 

also, i do not have an active lich. 

was told a work-around for some was to run cassini and get a thrall to spawn there first, but not to capture, then run corpus and it would trigger the sisters... tried this too, and did not work for me...

Hi. I have ran way more than 10+ missions, i have done both with going to the void with a zenith key and getting 25+ kills, and also without going into the void. Not once has my sister spawn after I have killed the treasurer, i have waited 10+ mins for her to spawn and nothing.

Any help is appreciated.

I have completed every mission the wiki and others have told me to do. 

This is a really weird and inconsistent thing.

Last night I was going for my 2nd Sister, trying to get a specific weapon. 1/4 of the attempts she would not spawn, even when all conditions were met.

My friend today has done 5 runs to obtain her own second Sister, 2 solo, 3 with myself, all conditions fine, ZERO sister spawns.  No idea what's going on. We had no trouble getting our first.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Zerdfer said:

This is still broken. Only reliable way is to do hydra and do granum as early as possible, then I get a spawn 90% of the time. Tried oceanum, it just NEVER spawns 100% of the time.

Just tested, Sister Candidate really doesn't spawn at Pluto > Oceanum (Spy), with all my previously listed conditions fulfilled.

1. No active Lich/Sister

2. All prerequisite fulfilled

3. Killed more than 25 enemies inside Granum Void when solo

4. Extraction not 200m+- near Extraction 

Despite of fulfilled all the requirement, throughout the whole mission Sister Candidate still not spawning.

Spoiler
On 2021-10-23 at 1:53 PM, YouDontCB_87 said:

Have you meet all the requirement below when you were spawning a Sister Candidate?

Active Lich/Sister

1. You currently do not have any Lich/Sister active.

Quest

2. Completed both quests - [The Deadlock Protocol] and [Call of the Tempestarii].

Granum Void

3.1 Use [Zenith Granum Crown] to enter Granum Void (i.e. the Golden Hand) in Corpus Ship tileset mission. (*Recommend Neptune/Pluto Capture mission)

3.2 At least reach Rank 1: 25 Kills (+ 25 per squad member, 150 max) in Granum Void.

Trigger Location x Candidate Spawn

4.1 Location/Place where you play Granum Void cannot near extraction within around 200 meters.

4.2 Did you come out from Granum Void and wait for Sister Candidate to spawn?

4.3 Don't confuse Treasurer (i.e. Treasurer will talk to you when he's out) and Sister Candidate (i.e. Vala Glarious will talk to you when Sister Candidate is out).

4.4 The location of yours or any other players within the squad cannot near to extraction point within around 200 meters before Sister Candidate spawn

*As I noticed, Sister Candidate always spawned (within 200 meters) in front of players (towards the direction of Extraction). If you're moving too fast and get too close to extraction point (within 200 meters), Sister Candidate has no chance to spawn. Hence, don't play Granum Void that close to Extraction point and don't simply rush so fast to extraction before Candidate Spawn.

^^^ I have to admit that this setup/configuration is very frustrating, especially when Golden Hand area doesn't spawn at the beginning area of the map/mission ^^^

Attached my gameplay video below for reference.

• 3 months later...

Granum Void has now eaten 4 Zenith Crowns in a row after successfully spawning candidates twice. Valac, Europa, a crossfire Spy mission. I like to have some variety in my Adversary birthplaces, so I went and farmed 10 crowns which should be enough to get whatever, picked a node, and started working.

• I have completed the prerequisite quests.
  • I did the first Golden hand, often off spawn.
  • I hit T1 rewards, mostly T3.
  • I do not have an active Adversary.

I tried killing enemies, not killing enemies, running backwards and waiting around after the void, doing it after alarms are raised, before and after completing a Spy objective. No indication of what's wrong.

Insult to injury is that Zenith Crowns are used regardless of mission completion or abortion. I understand that refunding the standing gain from crowns might be troublesome, but if the game system (spawning a candidate) is non-functional and I want to restart to give it another try, don't punish me for doing so.

If it's going to refuse to spawn candidates for no discernable reason I might as well spam Hydra like everyone else so I can refund my potentially wasted crowns. I'm willing to do a less efficient node to have a different birthplace for my Sister, but if the game's going to actively work against me doing that, why bother?

3 hours ago, Shovel said:

Insult to injury is that Zenith Crowns are used regardless of mission completion or abortion. I understand that refunding the standing gain from crowns might be troublesome, but if the game system (spawning a candidate) is non-functional and I want to restart to give it another try, don't punish me for doing so.

It's unfortunate you're having issues, but crow refunds because you didn't get a candidate didn't spawn won't happen. Remember that you get Protea parts from the visits too, so there's no way of knowing if someone was trying to get a sister or trying to get Protea drops. Sure if you already have her built and maxed as well as having one fed to Helminth you'd be unlikely to be doing that, but still, entering the void has multiple functions.

15 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

It's unfortunate you're having issues, but crow refunds because you didn't get a candidate didn't spawn won't happen. Remember that you get Protea parts from the visits too, so there's no way of knowing if someone was trying to get a sister or trying to get Protea drops. Sure if you already have her built and maxed as well as having one fed to Helminth you'd be unlikely to be doing that, but still, entering the void has multiple functions.

I'm talking about aborting the entire mission, forgoing all mission rewards including whatever I got from the Granum Void. It's not like you can abort after getting the "wrong" drop, that's what Unidentified Items in the mission summary are for. Aborting is more a workaround for "Oh, this mission type broke or I brought the wrong loadout, let me restart." I understand there are edge cases where aborting can be faster for farming, but that's not really the intended use. Aborting does eat Gear items, but Crowns aren't Gear. 🤔

Then again, the discussion about aborting the mission to reset is moot if the Candidate spawns get fixed. Currently they seem to have trouble spawning in any mission type that has special tiles that might prevent spawns, like Rescue or Spy. That plus the semi-hidden "distance from extraction" requirement makes creating Sisters more frustrating than it needs to be. The Kuva Larvling spawn seems to work fine and doesn't have a cost to entry, which is a shame because once you create a Sister the actual adversary flow is much smoother.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2021-07-06 at 7:58 PM, [DE]Momaw said:

I don't think this advice helps anyone, everybody knows this...

maybe this wasn't clear enough for you guys so let me say it, Sister spawning is too harsh and too broken...this is the fourth time now where i've done everything right and it still won't spawn.

I'm running out of coins, and i hate the granum void and don't want to do this over and over and over with no return.

It's honestly one of the worst farmings in the game.

Just make it like Kuva larva spawning, there is absolutely no reason or point going through all these complications just to not have anything spawning and wastin our time.

Archived