The new corpus lich grind

Great with the reductions in murmur, thanks.

But having to go to the granium void is 500 times worse. 

Just having to run all over the map looking for the hand teleport and I already had about enough. Now I am sure I could build the xoris and yes I do know the explosion mechanics, but I don't want to, so I actually fail that fight... on stage 1... on phobos. Which has a level range of 0-15.

I got about half the kills needed before the timer runs out. Now I might be a terrible player but I won't be the only one.

Keeping in mind I will have to repeat this until the right weapon shows up, and not once, but for duplicate versions of the weapon?

And I mean, that's just getting a lich... lol.

Setting the entry at granium void only increases the grind and far above what I am willing to put up with, so sorry, that's just not for me.

• Like 15

Certain loadouts will trivialize it.  Personally I use Mesa and just decimate them all with Peacemakers.  That's actually how I solo farmed a second Protea for the Helminth.

But yeah, if you can't kill 25 specters on the lowest level then you need to check your loadout before trying again.  Also you need to be using Zenith crowns, and the location doesn't matter.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, (PSN)KCLegionOfZoom20 said:

So do I need to use Xoris to beat this or no?? Cause I have it build but don't want to have to use it..

If you deleted the weapon, like I did, you need to farm 100,000 points for simaris.

Then you need to grind the coins for the teleporter.

Then you have to find the telporter - there is one of the maps the teleport doesn't spawn on.
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Granum_Void

That's the list of the maps, then of course you'd pick a short mission since it's capture. If you don't get the spawn with a teleporter near by, your best bet is quitting the mission and load it again, it simply takes shorter time, than having to play a mission each time.

Once you go inside the fight through the teleporter, there is a fight revolving around the charged explosion on the xoris specifcally. Where you get a build up that increases the AOE by scoring kills with charged explosion.

Then there are I think 3 crystals that will add time when detonated by the xorix charged throw and the npcs can drop time extentions icons. For level 1 I think it's 100 kills in 1 minute or something.

Before you just need to play a map and go click x on an npc to get lich.

So thanks for the reduction in grind but no thanks.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

Certain loadouts will trivialize it.  Personally I use Mesa and just decimate them all with Peacemakers.  That's actually how I solo farmed a second Protea for the Helminth.

But yeah, if you can't kill 25 specters on the lowest level then you need to check your loadout before trying again.  Also you need to be using Zenith crowns, and the location doesn't matter.

I took the lowest map from the list on phobos, says level 0-15, I picked the far left coin, which should be easy mode and I have to kill 100 in whatever time.

Spamming out ash's 4 along with an OP glaive, which is pretty much room clearing on steel path I got to around 43, which them gave me a checkmark in the first of 3 boxes on screen, loaded me out and told me I failed.

3 minutes ago, Surbusken said:

I took the lowest map from the list on phobos, says level 0-15, I picked the far left coin, which should be easy mode and I have to kill 100 in whatever time.

Spamming out ash's 4 along with an OP glaive, which is pretty much room clearing on steel path I got to around 43, which them gave me a checkmark in the first of 3 boxes on screen, loaded me out and told me I failed.

Using the left-most granum crown won't make a sister spawn anyway

You need to use the right-most crown, the zenith crown

• Like 2

Just now, (PSN)Jmazing7 said:

Using the left-most granum crown won't make a sister spawn anyway

You need to use the right-most crown, the zenith crown

If I can't beat level 1 how am I ever going to beat level 3? Now they are saying you need to play the level 3 gate but only get 25 kills, not actually beat it?

3 minutes ago, Surbusken said:

So you used the wrong coin for one thing.  You need to use the one on the right.
Second, sounds like you were in a squad, so the target should have been 50-100 for tier 1 I believe.  I don't think it was supposed to give you a checkmark for 43.  To be fair I never really paid too much attention as I was always going for tier 3.
Third, your tactic may work fine clearing rooms in Steel Path, but the Granum Void is much larger than most rooms, and the enemies far more spread out.

Just now, Surbusken said:

If I can't beat level 1 how am I ever going to beat level 3? Now they are saying you need to play the level 3 gate but only get 25 kills, not actually beat it?

Yeah you only need to do the tier 1 challenge in the level 3 granum void and the sister will spawn once you exit it

and if you're really struggling getting kills literally just use mesa and post up in the center with her redeemers

1 minute ago, Surbusken said:

From the update notes

By using a Zenith Granum Crown at a Golden Hand Tribute you will enter Parvos Granum's pocket of the Void to battle Errant Specters. By reaching at least Rank 1 within the Granum Void you will call a Sister.

21 minutes ago, (PSN)KCLegionOfZoom20 said:

So do I need to use Xoris to beat this or no?? Cause I have it build but don't want to have to use it..

No, you just need to use a Zenith crown  (mandatory) and kill 25 enemies (mandatory), OP is just confused as hell

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

No, you just need to use a Zenith crown  (mandatory) and kill 25 enemies (mandatory), OP is just confused as hell

I am not sure ;p

But yes, how much sense does it make you have to play to stage 1 of level 3. Let's forgive me for being a bad player and just talk about how, having to play a capture mission vs coin/loading map for teleporter/granium fight... as fun gameplay, or a reduction in grind.

The fact you have to re-play it for specific weapon is more than enough grind.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, (PSN)corpusbonds said:

Honestly are they even 100% sure to spawn? Just used zenith, got 75/75 twice and now I’m out coins. No other lich.

Guess I have to mindlessly grind the Treasurer for his coins 

pluto - hydra  a capture mission where you can do granum void and get the highest coin each time so as long as you start with 1 coin you can run it infinite amount of times (unless you skip the treasurer).

Edited by Emolition

I'm physically disabled. I took one look at the granum void when it came out, paid plat for protea, and never touched it again. Gating this new stuff behind that ritalin-jockey tryhard bullS#&$ is a slap in the face of anyone who isn't 100% healthy. Whoever at DE thought this was a good idea needs a gentle steel-capped reminder that not everybody is a 12 year old on cocaine.

• Like 2

No, no no. PLEASE kill the granum void.

In the recent history it is one of the most horrible  and disgusting features added into the game.

You CANNOT even easily party for it from the map or some console.

You need to form premade teams through chat who are willing to go into some mission, find a hand and do the void.

This is one of the reasons i still do not own Protea. I simply cannot bring myself to to go through this crap over and over again.
It really MUST be made a node you can directly access - from Fortuna at least.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Emolition said:

pluto - hydra  a capture mission where you can do granum void and get the highest coin each time so as long as you start with 1 coin you can run it infinite amount of times (unless you skip the treasurer).

Yeah I did it, finally got one to spawn. Took three missions though even though I used zenith/completed the entire granum specter kill mission. All good cause she had the briefcase weapon lol

6 hours ago, Surbusken said:

I am not sure ;p

But yes, how much sense does it make you have to play to stage 1 of level 3. Let's forgive me for being a bad player and just talk about how, having to play a capture mission vs coin/loading map for teleporter/granium fight... as fun gameplay, or a reduction in grind.

The fact you have to re-play it for specific weapon is more than enough grind.

I didn't impliead anything about your skills here or anything, I was just clarifying information since you were confused on the needs for xoris and using other coins rather than zenith. I also didn't mentioned nor implied anything on grind/game design or something among the lines, so I genuinelly don't understand this reply.

1 minute ago, vanaukas said:

I didn't impliead anything about your skills here or anything, I was just clarifying information since you were confused on the needs for xoris and using other coins rather than zenith. I also didn't mentioned nor implied anything on grind/game design or something among the lines, so I genuinelly don't understand this reply.

I am saying regardless of what I am, the point in case is I don't think anyone thinks the newly added granium void grind is fun or quality gameplay, in and of itself.

Even worse if the story was lich farming had been reduced.

In line of that point, I was trying to say, strictly speaking about getting everyone to enjoy the game, the fail criteria for granium fight is just pointless aggravation, for us terrible players, who might not be the best, would still like to play anyway.

On top of all that it seems rather pointless it has to be convulted, kill 7.24 NPCs on an un-even calander month, but only after midnight if the temperature is below 20.

Extra time wasting, extra annoyance, what is the gameplay trade-off?

Here is why it's fun to have to read a wiki article, word by word and takes notes, just to play a map in a video game: