Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

regarding the corrupted holokeys...

mantasas17x

Question

Been running void storm for the pass 4 days... average 8-12 run a day (only got 2-3 hours per day to play due to work and life stuff)

So far i got 13 keys.... (2 runs with 5 keys and 1 run with 3 keys...)

and there i thought Nidus and Khora parts were hard to farm for... these holokeys are rarer than unicorn horn soaked in fairy dust...

Going to leave it until they do something about it, either by increasing/fixing the drop rate, or reduce the amount you need for each weapon. (they need to realise that for most we want to increase weapon elemental dmg to 60%... that means we will need more than 1 of each to get there.... )

On 2021-07-23 at 3:47 AM, (PSN)lhbuch said:

I am probably the most unlucky player in this game. Every time I invest some time to farm something, RNG seems to always be against me. I always hear, Oh its just RNg, you should do 1000 runs so you can see the % close to the stated drop rate but its funny that RNG does not seem to be so random if it ALWAYS feel that the percentages are below the stated ones and not even once above... 

RNG is uncapped, meaning there's no limit to how particularly unlucky you are, only that you walk away with one of the possible drops.

You still walk away with *a* reward, which means the specific drop you want contends with many other drops ( 3 sevagoth parts, 7 different relics (all 2.5% rare drops), endo, resources etc), it's weighted towards the uncommon/rare drops because of how stuffed the loot table is compared to other nodes.

Usually the warframe has its own assassinate node where you always get a part (Mesa, Atlas etc) or split between three different loot tables (Octavia, Khora), but every void storm node has a chance to drop all 3 parts. 

As far as mechanics, the game is working as intended, as far as balancing, the table is far too populated for a drop that's meant to be fairly common to obtain, as said before.

17 hours ago, DarknessNightshade said:

As far as mechanics, the game is working as intended, as far as balancing, the table is far too populated for a drop that's meant to be fairly common to obtain, as said before.

Yea here the thing... So all the rewards i get from these missions are pulling from the same loot table... see earlier post for that DE loot table link

so on the average i get at least 4 rewards not counting the relic

The question DE needs to answer is do you get one roll only per mission for keys and the other 3 rolls are excluded? assuming 4 items per mission for reference

and of course no one is saying you should get awarded double keys from a mission.

but if each one of these four rolls have a 37.5% chance ... the odds of you NOT get a key set per mission is really dam rare

and if thats not the case running 10+ mission and not getting keys is also super rare... so something is really really wrong here

i personally have had a 15 mission no key streak.... now sure that could happen for a 37.5% common but man thats rare run

So why is it so common that a lot of people are also saying they have had similar experiences... Something is very fishy here

On 2021-07-29 at 1:30 PM, Thawfoot said:

The question DE needs to answer is do you get one roll only per mission for keys and the other 3 rolls are excluded? assuming 4 items per mission for reference

You get one roll per mission for holokey. The roll is done on complete of the mission. That means if you want to speed up the farm, crack the relic and complete the mission. Avoid any optional stuff.

You should only be farming holokeys on Fissures in the Veil or Pluto for 6 or 5 holokey bundles, respectively.

If the drop rates are true, you're farming in the Veil (so an average of 2.25 per mission), and each railjack mission takes 10 minutes (which is very doable), it looks like a 3 hour farm for 1 weapon. 3 hour farm for 1 weapon is high, but you also are getting radiant relics and cracking relics. I would like for DE to increase the bundle size or the rates a little, but it's not that bad.

I don't know about the validity of the drop rates, but unless there is a report involving a large number of runs that isn't just the people not getting the holokeys complaining, I cannot say that the published rates are invalid. I have went runs where I got none, and several where I got several bundles in a row.

On 2021-08-02 at 3:06 PM, jxfireruby said:

I don't know about the validity of the drop rates, but unless there is a report involving a large number of runs that isn't just the people not getting the holokeys complaining, I cannot say that the published rates are invalid. I have went runs where I got none, and several where I got several bundles in a row.

It seems that for some time there was something wrong with drop rates (I had 20+ runs with zero drops and a lot of ppl reported 10 runs with no drops) but now it seems ok, about 1  mission drop holokeys per 3 runs on average.

BTW. @o1517 3 out of 10 is 30% so it's as good as it should be ;) 

I skipped doing this altogether, because my time is too precious to waste it on RNG hell... Still no clue, why the keys aren't a guaranteed drop with the drop amount and weapon costs being adjusted accordingly... It's way more fun to work towards a goal step by step instead of constantly rolling the dice and getting shafted by RNG... But I guess DE ( or should I say Tencent) is obviously more interested in players with Stockholm syndrome than in happy players...

Zero corrupted holokeys since launch of this "content", 18 missions in.  Seems like a waste of time at this point.  RNGesus never liked me to start with, but this is starting to remind me of Everquest, the girndest game I ever played, which is to say: feels like there is with zero guarantee of ever getting the mcguffin regardless of effort / time put in.

I'm I know the game is the grind, i love the grind - for a reward - MR30 here, I know the grind, clearly i love the game, but I do not love this.

8 hours ago, (PSN)A_850lbs_Gorilla said:

I am going out on a limb here and saying this is broken.  Not to mention the fact that Sister missions keep turning into Kuva Lich missions

I've reported this bug via support desk with my game log after quitting a bugged match, if you could also do the same they may be able to fix it sooner.

As far as drop chances goes, you can theoretically go on forever without a drop but the chances of that happening get slimmer over time, as there is no cap for bad rng.

For instance , someone else on the forums was complaining about not getting an Ephemera drop from a Lich/Sister, which is a 20% chance, he went on for 20 or so runs without one.

The chances of this happening are less than 1%, but because there's no cap for bad rng, this chance can get infinitely smaller until you get a drop, theoretically with really bad rng you can go on forever without ever seeing one.

This is compounded by the loot table, more than two thirds of the drops collectively are not Holokeys, or the supposed common drop.

As I suggested before, the way to get around this is to make them a seperate drop table (32.50% chance of a key and 67.50% nothing), or to drop some rewards from the drop table (such as making it so you get 1 part of sevagoth from one Proxima, removing Endo/Resource drops, freeing up 30%+ of the drop table for the actual common reward and weighting it towards the bottom end).

25 Veil Proxima Extermination Storm Runs just now.  0 Holokey drops, got a bunch of resources, Sevegoth and Weapon BP's and some relics.  Not a single KEY.  NOT ONE!

I am going out on a limb here and saying this is broken.  Not to mention the fact that Sister missions keep turning into Kuva Lich missions on me, which is a whole other topic I don't even want to get into.  But this is NO WHERE near the 37.5% drop chance.  I want to see hard numbers on this.  I even smashed through a bunch of low level storms just to run some quick and dirty runs to test ran 5 on Earth 5 on Venus, nothing.

As it stands right now in a total of 35 missions however you want to slice it up I should have at LEAST a minimum of 2 keys or at 6 keys.  I have 0 keys.  These numbers and drop chances are bologna sausage.  The quantity required for the weapons, should be a guaranteed drop OR if they want to play the bologna sausage game with this bad RNG even though it is a "COMMON DROP" they need to make the number MUCH higher like 10 / 9 / 8 / 7 something like that.  I am not wasting anymore time on rail jack missions to get nothing out of it.  Their intended idea to get players to play rail jack for "ANOTHER RESOURCE/CURRENCY" is having the opposite effect.  It is turning them off from it because they are not getting anything and there is no sense of progressing towards your goal.  By NOW everyone has the items from there or should.  Its been MONTHS and even at the current DROP rate everyone is going to have millions of the parts or relics if it keeps going.  What is the point then?  People are just going to abandon it because the time invested for the lack of reward/progression is just not there.  I don't need 100 Sevegoths or a 100 arm cannons, etc.  Endo should be taken out completely as well as Resource Packs who cares about 200 titanium.  You can get that in about 10 seconds just breaking rocks  WOOOOOO REWARDING!  How about NO..  Endo farming, its called Sedna and the Arena with Nekros or break down the 6 Billion duplicate mods you have or turn in an ayatans this is not a reward its a wet noodle smacked across your face.

Either make the weapons or keys tradable, fix the actual drop rates or UP the number of keys so "when or if" they drop you feel like you have not wasted half of you day grinding for literally nothing.  They better do something fast though because a lot of the people I got paired up with are getting frustrated grinding the same mission over and over for hours a day and getting nothing.  If you run the mission 10 times.  You should in theory have at least 3 drops, that is 18 keys on highest level that is about half of the way to a melee weapon.  But when you run 35 and get nothing, yeah you can bet I won't be spending anymore time playing this game mode any longer.  

On 2021-07-10 at 8:21 PM, sunderthefirmament said:

My theory is they didn't want to program/animate the sisters for melee.  I could be way off though.

There has to be a reason we only have one melee lich.

this is my belief too, shieldig liches were a bit of a mess and while im sure they couldve done it im also happy the sister weapon pool is less saturated especially as spawning sisters consumes a resource. Better than rolling a lich for one of their 19 weapons now, the less they have the better.

On 2021-07-07 at 7:46 PM, Enomis097 said:

why didn't de make them part of the sister's lootpool?

Indeed, why not?

From what I can gather, because DE is mad at the players for not playing any more RJ missions, and abandoning RJ soon after everyone built sevagoth and other related RJ mission stuff. "I built this for you, young man. Why aren't you playing it more. I want you to play the game like I want, not like you want".
First off, I'm a grown a** man with a day job, and rather not have someone tell me how to eat my dinner, because I'll enjoy it less and less and less, until I'll skip it completely.

Now besides all the complete nonsense that it's the drop chances, pardon my French but this sounds like bully!ng to me. DE should practice what they preach and play their own game just to see how ridiculous time consuming and frustrating this game is. It may come as a shock, but people have other games they want to play besides WF. These days, people of all ages have dozens of games in their library.

If you remember the times when Steve or the girls (which I like very much, they seem like good folks) played longer times, they would quickly identify some of the flaws and come up with ways to improve the game.
Anyway, this game is going down a path that is detrimental to both the dev and it's players, mostly because of lacking better communication and feedback intake.

If someone disagrees, please provide educated and complete arguments, and I'd love to talk with you.

Stay Safe

21 hours ago, DarknessNightshade said:

yet I've managed to get the relic drop almost consistently

Aside from what you already mentioned, i.e. 2.5% for a specific relic, which could end up being 15-20% for any relic, there's also the relics from the optional objectives (valky/nyx relics), which are anywhere from 5-10% each, so almost 50% chance to get any of those relics.

The optional objectives come from their own drop tables which don't include holokeys.

So the chance you'll get at least one relic is very high.

The confounding factor seems to be, we can get 5 (or more?) rewards, but only 1(?) has a chance to be holokeys, so it feels much less than 37.5%. But in fact, the chance is 37.5%, just have to do 40+ runs before your results will start to look like 37.5%.

Looking at the drop tables for holokeys it seems like holokeys are indeed meant to be at 37% or so, with relics being the rarer reward for every railjack mission at 2.50% or so (even outside of void storms), yet I've managed to get the relic drop almost consistently.

With those nodes also competing with sevagoth parts at an equal 10% chance for all three parts for every void storm node, it's no wonder people are having a hard time getting them to drop.

I think the problem lies with how the rewards are divided out in the drop tables, for instance, relics take up a massive 20% of the drop table, even at 2.50% per relic, followed up by Sevagoth, and the extra drops making up to 62.50%, that's more than two thirds of the drop table taken up by things that aren't the supposed common drop, so because of this, statistically you're more likely to get an uncommon/rare.

A way to get around this is to make it so the keys have a chance to drop seperately from the drop table per mission, some of the time you'll get nothing, but 100% of the time you'll walk away with something else (sevagoth, relics or whatever else).

Relics when unrefined have upwards of 60-70% chance to drop a common part, which is more than double the current holokey drop, so something is definitely wrong.

On 2021-07-08 at 4:33 PM, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

I plan to try and do VOID STORM - Survivals ........  Get holokeys AND ambassador parts ????  

Unfortunately, holokeys are a mission reward, not a rotation reward. So that would be a very slow way to get holokeys. 

That said, by the time you've farmed the Ambassador, you'd hope to have enough keys for a few of the melee weapons.

8 runs back to back..... average about 5 rewards per run not counting the relic part.... i should be getting a set of holokeys each time if it is 37.55 drop chance

assuming each item is a roll on the loot drop

the table here

https://n8k6e2y6.ssl.hwcdn.net/repos/hnfvc0o3jnfvc873njb03enrf56.html

from DE shows the rares  less then 12.5% to 2,5 %  so the fact i ran eight missions back to back and zero holokeys said something is very very wrong here

Yes i get how rng works each chance is a roll and it doesnt add up

But here the thing... 8 runs.. zero keys .. thats like pulling a 4 of a kind three times in a row

eight runs and they all are the 2.5% resource drop... something is very very fishy here

is there some kind of daily cap that DE is not telling us about?

Archived