Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does anyone that doesn't normally use K-drives enjoy the Yareli Quest?

PancakeLord333

I've found the Yareli Quest to be immensely dissatisfying, and the only quest in the game so far that I'm actively thinking about not bothering to finish, with it mostly boiling down to do a race, spam a few tricks out then grind - most efficiently done in a circle, like below.

https://imgur.com/VPFCmm2

Also attempted some races on the infested world, and god they need to change the colours on race markers (Purple on Red? ew).

This also would be somewhat stomachable if I didn't have to basically do the same thing 6 times over - with more grind (literally just increasing the numbers and swapping between WASD/LMB/RMB) each time, to get access to actual warframes or guns. 

Spoiler

OduDvLQ.png

The get so many point with one race is impossible after some point for example get 3600 point in one race
*views leaderboard for race*
max amount of points someone has gotten is 3,416.
how the hell am i supposed to get this done?

4 minutes ago, Darktmn said:

The get so many point with one race is impossible after some point for example get 3600 point in one race
*views leaderboard for race*
max amount of points someone has gotten is 3,416.
how the hell am i supposed to get this done?

I worked this out not long ago, do this:

1. spawn in to orb vallis
  2. get on your hoverboard, mark a race location, 
  3. get off your hoverboard
  4. swap to your archwing, 
  5. fly over to that location, check the leader board
  6. Repeat 1-5 until you find one that has a high enough score (for example I just had a race spawn in the far north of orb vallis with 25 checkpoints, the highest score on there was 6k). If there are none, leave the map, and reload it and repeat.

I would sooner forma the stug 100 times - on an unmodded warframe - than bother with this crap ever again if I'm honest.

Just finished this quest.  While there are a few hokey challenges (Slam Shockwave kills for Page 3, I'm looking at you), overall it was not too bad.  Under 3 hours and an entire day's worth of Ventkids Standing was all it took.  I didn't even manage to fully rank up my board.

Whether you agree with it or not, wartrame is getting more and more messy. It seems that the developers don't know what to do anymore and prefer to add disgusting content rather than quality content. I am not on this game to play Tony Hawk Skater!

14 minutes ago, PancakeLord333 said:

I worked this out not long ago, do this:

1. spawn in to orb vallis
  2. get on your hoverboard, mark a race location, 
  3. get off your hoverboard
  4. swap to your archwing, 
  5. fly over to that location, check the leader board
  6. Repeat 1-5 until you find one that has a high enough score (for example I just had a race spawn in the far north of orb vallis with 25 checkpoints, the highest score on there was 6k). If there are none, leave the map, and reload it and repeat.

I would sooner forma the stug 100 times - on an unmodded warframe - than bother with this crap ever again if I'm honest.

Actually, it's easier than that. Just look up K-drive races on the Wiki, figure out which of the races active today are guarenteed to get more than what you need, and finish.

It's based on number of gates and speed, which means there's a minmum. Several have a minimum number of points of more than 3,600 - the one you mentioned has a minimum of 5,000, I believe.

It's hardly the second dream but it's harmless. Granted, DE could do better, and I'd honestly have preferred leverian I think? But at the end of the day, its not bad.

being honest it wasnt bad. i wasted a bit of time doing some parts of the quest when i could have cheesed them by going to the pearl. overall not a bad quest. definitely building a kdrive now and getting yareli. love that we have a new warframe npc reaction.

35 minutes ago, NightLight_yn said:

i still havent been able to finish past the first page, but no. my partner and i are only becoming increasingly more frustrated because it seems impossible, or based on luck. .-.

if you need any help you can always ask fam

im here ;)

Nope.  Tedious and annoying.  Especially with some of the changes to races.  Before if you missed a checkpoint it was possible to just continue with the race at the expense of some points.  Now they don't show any checkpoints except the "current" one so if you miss it, you absolutely MUST turn around and get it.  Also irritating because with the rest of the checkpoints hidden you can't easily see where to go next without either memorizing the course, or watching your minimap like a hawk.  Not a problem for some races, but certain ones include obnoxious turns that if you don't know about them ahead of time, are easy to get put into a terrible position to hit the next point.

Did the quest, hated every minute of it.

The comic was nice, but everything else? No.

I literally had to specifically do the k-drive race in the top right of the map, as that one - by the looks of it - is the only one where you are actually able to reach 3600 points.

After that, started building the bash lab, because apparently DE thought that locking a new frame behind a new whole god damn dojo room was a good idea, at which point I thought to myself "you know what, I'm not going to wait for this room, only to wait for the research, only to then wait for the build of the parts, to then wait for the frame." so I just bought her instead.

I called it, man. I frickin called it. DE is trying their hardest to make people waste their time with a gimmick that literally nobody enjoys. I keep saying that the k-drive ability is a horrible idea, but did anyone listen? No. Of course not.

Nope.  Not enjoying the quest.  Got to page three, saw how much the point total for just the races are going up.  Nope, I'm out.  Sorry Roky, you'll just be in a coma forever.  The combo system sucks, the controls are unresponsive, and Rareli's own Merulina doesn't even *count* as a K-drive for a ton of them.  (Go ahead, try the races.  They'll instantly fail because Merulina can't start them.)

Archived