General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

can't kill sister of parvos

Zoero

after unlocking all 3 mods in sequence I did the mercy in mission and she escapes to the railjack mission as intended. this consumed a charge of each of my parazon mods.

when I enter the railjack mission I down her but I don't get an option to mercy kill her.

Yep, this just happened to me. Was a little too angry to take a pic but I had the exact problem. Very enraging to have such a long and aggravating fight end without a reward thanks to a glitch.

Sorry for the double post but wanted to bump this. I may have found a solution. It seems if you have a warframe ability activated when you're trying to kill a Sister, the prompt fails. I fought my Sister 3 times. First time was with Protea, and I had Temporal Anchor on when she was downed. Second time was with Valkyr and I had Hysteria on. Both times the prompt failed.

Third time was Valkyr again (My god rank 5 sisters are stupidly tanky) and I waited for Hysteria to end. In fact I made sure I had no ability buffs on at all before I tried the prompt. It worked.

Obviously this still needs fixing, but for now that workaround worked for me. Make sure you have no abilities going on before you hit that prompt.

• Like 1

I Vanquished my sister 5 times , with 4 time being solo and unable to extract / forced to archwing and it says MISSION FAILED too , i have the recording if anyone wants to watch 

8 hours ago, -WK-Chloe said:

I Vanquished my sister 5 times , with 4 time being solo and unable to extract / forced to archwing and it says MISSION FAILED too , i have the recording if anyone wants to watch 

Happened to me just now, 2 sisters in a row. I did both vanquish, and convert. Same results.

Replicated this as well. Did not have an active ability and it gave the X prompt, however it did not come up with the cinematic or option to kill/convert. Mission restarted multiple times, ran through with same results.

Found a second way to replicate this bug: attempt to use the prompt while currently being affected by a Sister's ability. Primarily I was able to replicate this with the Radiation-style sister using Ensnare. Primed Sure Footed meant that the Ensnare had no effect but still was present. Make sure none of the sister abilities are on you when you try and use the prompt.

On reviewing my recordings every time she had Ensnare on me when it replicated but the last time waiting for it to expire did the trick.

I just had this problem as well. I did notice that one of my Requiems had depleted when I finished my sister off in a normal mission, and I didn't change it before hunting her in the Railjack. About to see if it's that obvious of a solution. If not, I will add that, like another in this thread, I too have a Radiation Sister. Don't know if that has any correlation or not.

Update: I got a Mercy prompt this time. However it still didn't do anything.

Edited by Gellus727

I got this bug only on sisters of pravos with radiation element. It happens to me in normal missions and in railjack mission too. 

vid from normal mission:

0:10 - first attempt to stab - bug

0:45 - second attempt to stab - bug

1:15 - stab - no bug

It very annoying, especially in railjack mission.

As far as I can tell I could only stab my Sister if I didn't have radiation on me so make sure you drop any radiation debuff before you get her to the stab threshold.

Hey fellow tenno, I believe i have found a work around, I also had a radiation sister of parvos, I played as the GOAT (Oberon) when I downed her I made sure to completely cover her in hallowed ground so I was debuff cleansed and then proceeded to mercy kill her, any other time probably considers her an ally. Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same. 2 times.  😠

The 2nd time i waited and i don't recall having any debuff.

The real reason for the 1h notice in chat is not that the player needs a break, the GAME needs one! (and a restart to fix all the glitches)

Edited by WarChrime

• 2 weeks later...

Can confirm this is still happening.  Radiation sister and primed sure footed mean that any time you try to trigger the capture rompt when affected by the ensnare ability, you lose the prompt permanently -- requiring you to abort and restart the mission.

Same here.

I don't know if it is some kind of bug or if it is intended but with a radiation sister + ensnare I'm unable to kill her when she is on her knees.

I'm using mainly Rhino's iron skin to be immune to a maximum of effects but her ability still prevent me to press X when needed !

With a now lvl 5 sister I'm almost always on ensnare and I can't manage to kill her when it clears. And when it clears with her on here knees I can't press X beacause the message is no more present.

Glad not to be alone in this situation but please DE do something about it !

[Edit]

Fixed an issue where a Kuva Lich with the ‘Ensnare’ ability could potentially prevent the context action for execution from appearing if the ability was cast prior to being weakened.

Should be fixed in the last patch, really nice 😄

Edited by Maasto

• 2 weeks later...

I just had my first attempt at defeating a sister and could only select the convert option when she was downed.......sigh, was so amped on getting that Tenet Envoy 😢.  Not going to attempt the Tenet weapons again until this bug/glitch is sorted, too much time wasted.