Bake in Assault mode Precept

Drasiel

Right now in order for your sentinel to attack when it has a gun equipped you are required to equip the mod Assault mode. Some players may have chosen to have a gun equipped without equipping the Assault mode precept in order to use their sentinel weapon as a stack stick for set mods. With the changes to Deconstruter (https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1269634-deconstructor-melee-modding-changes-sisters-of-parvos/) ) in the latest patch it is clear that stat sticking with a sentinel gun is on the chopping block, leaving us with no reason to have a gun equipped that does not fire.

Please just bake Assault mode into the sentinels. If we don't want a sentinel to shoot we can simply unequip their gun, there is no reason to have this incredibly basic behaviour require a mod.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Spanish No GIF by GIPHY News

Why?

3 minutes ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

No thank you. There's other reasons I don't want my sentinel to attack, namely certain riven challenges. 

You can just remove the gun to stop them from attacking you don't need to remove the mod.

• Like 2

Just now, Drasiel said:

Why?

You can just remove the gun to stop them from attacking you don't need to remove the mod.

For now, the Vigilante sets are still able to be equipped.

You're also forgetting that the order of the precepts matters. Sometimes I want the attack precept last.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

You're also forgetting that the order of the precepts matters. Sometimes I want the attack precept last.

I mean, he made the thread addressing the fact that sentinel gun stat sticks are likely to be next on the chopping block (whether we like it or not). It's not like this would be implemented by itself without the root reason.

TBH I've never noticed much difference with precept order but I suppose it's a valid concern.

59 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

I mean, he made the thread addressing the fact that sentinel gun stat sticks are likely to be next on the chopping block (whether we like it or not). It's not like this would be implemented by itself without the root reason.

TBH I've never noticed much difference with precept order but I suppose it's a valid concern.

I think it's definitely something worth discussing as part of a larger companion rework, but simply having the attack precept linked to whether or not a sentinel/moa weapon is equipped is not the way to go about it.

As mentioned above, there's riven challenges that may require complete stealth (e.g. lvl30+ survival without killing anything) where we need a companion weapon equipped but we also need the companion to do absolutely nothing. 

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

I already mentioned it's pretty clear that stat stick modding of sentinel weapons is likely on the way out, aside from that I would fine with waiting until that's done.

As for precept order it really hasn't seemed to matter since the single digit update days. Shooting no longer seems to prevent vaccum from happening nor do other sentinel skills seem to interrupt shooting anymore.

12 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

If I'm running a sneak mission like Spy to level a companion weapon, I don't want it shooting while I'm trying to sneak, especially in a vault.

Then remove the gun. Easy peasy. Edit: I misread I didn't see "level a companion weapon". Ambient xp from other players is better for leveling sentinel weapons anyways but yes you would no longer be able to do that. It should be pointed out that sentinels attacking while you sneak has always been an ai problem with the sentinels themselves (I'm looking at you ghost). If they ever just fixed it it wouldn't be a problem.

11 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

what if the Riven Challenge in question, is for a Companion Weapon?

the gun needs to stay equipped for the Riven to be unveled.

That's a fair point, frankly that speaks more to a problem with rivens than anything else though. It's veiled, knowing the type is nice but the type should have never blocked equipping a riven in the first place. I'd argue it would be better to change rivens to just be Typeless for equipping while veiled than keeping the attack precept mods just to unlock rivens.

Edited by Drasiel

There are other attack protocol mods to be considered, like Revenge and Deconstructor, if you have sentinals that can equip them. When you do, it's nice to have the option to use them with whichever weapon you'd like.

What do you really need that mod slot for anyways? My sentinals always have room to spare ...

34 minutes ago, (NSW)notyetawizard said:

There are other attack protocol mods to be considered, like Revenge and Deconstructor, if you have sentinals that can equip them. When you do, it's nice to have the option to use them with whichever weapon you'd like.

What do you really need that mod slot for anyways? My sentinals always have room to spare ...

That's not really a consideration for anyone who started after the grand sentinel attack precept unification. Not changing something because there are grandfathered unavailable options for most of the playerbase would be like refusing to change arcanes because arcane helmets still exist.

I'm not saying that they should be kept for legacy, lol. They should be kept for diversity.

If anything, more attack precept mods should be made. I'd really dig one that would prioritize drones, for example, because I find shooting them annoying. Mods to prioritize grunts or eximus units would be nice too.

53 minutes ago, (NSW)notyetawizard said:

I'm not saying that they should be kept for legacy, lol. They should be kept for diversity.

If anything, more attack precept mods should be made. I'd really dig one that would prioritize drones, for example, because I find shooting them annoying. Mods to prioritize grunts or eximus units would be nice too.

but they're already gone, they don't come with the sentinels anymore, they don't drop anymore, and you can't transmute them. DE already decided that the diversity of attack precepts caused too much clutter, that's why we ended up with assault mode in the first place.

3 hours ago, Drasiel said:

That's not really a consideration for anyone who started after the grand sentinel attack precept unification.

Helios, shade, djinn, and diriga all come with their exclusive attack precept mods (especially djinn's and diriga's which have an increased max range (60m and 70m respectively)).

• Like 1