Waverider Quest is a failure

The quest is very repetitive, not friendly for noobs or should I say for new players. Asking a new player to get 2000 points on the K-drive is crazy especially on the playstation, it's very difficult to create stunts even my finger turned red for a certain point what DE should do just for the quest is accumulate points for example if I had 500 points + another 500 points they should make 1000 and so on.

• Like 10

It's basically an extended k-drive tutorial. 

If you're having issues with any of it, I'd suggest popping over to Players helping Players subforum (or Reddit), as there's lots of great hints and tips floating around. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

It's basically an extended k-drive tutorial. 

If you're having issues with any of it, I'd suggest popping over to Players helping Players subforum (or Reddit), as there's lots of great hints and tips floating around. 

I know that but in my opinion nobody cares about K-drives so it's a failed quest that's why they put a warframe to make it necessary or appealing, notice that even the gun comes in the vent kids which in turn forces the person to grind the vent kids. If the objective of the quest was to make people hate the k-drives more they succeeded, there are people who even said that they would no longer touch k-drives after the quest.

I've finished the mission just wanted to give an opinion/suggestion.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

agreed. having to do the feats to unlock a page, and then practically the same feats +1 for the next page, and so on, is uninspired and annoyingly bland, and mostly just bad, due to some of the skills/feats not counting consistently. sad thing is, it's having you master all that k-drive stuff, when, more than likely, it will be that skill that gets overwritten by helminth.

Edited by jnuh
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, (PSN)TheOmega-Mode said:

If the objective of the quest was to make people hate the k-drives more they succeeded, there are people who even said that they would no longer touch k-drives after the quest.

Agree, I stopped using k-drive because touching one you fell out of the map, and if we are honest Arch Wing is the better mode of travel. They are just a broken system, only time I have ever touch them is when I feel like doing the NW kill 20. Never do the race, and so on. Like Conservation (and we all remember how well that went over with the Helmenth) it is a part of the game most ignore entirely because it is not worth playing. Honestly the frame is not enough motivation to change that. IMO this is just a flat out plat grab from DE to make it more trouble than it is worth to farm the frame and instead get more people to buy it with plat.

But, if DE wants to be doing that; then they need a plat sub (something like $5 a month, and if you have one you get a free out of grind card with each update). We would all know the terms then; while doing this way is just giving the player the finger. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DroopingPuppy said:

It seems that the new warframe is a platinum exclusive warframe. It is really disappointing. It is better to wait its Primed version.

I get that DE needs to eat to, and if they were less abusive about it I would be ok with it. Like I said just start the subs and Free to Start, and be honest about it.

Funimation lets you watch the first few ep of most anime and then you sub if you want the rest. You know actually make it a quest I want to pay you to play. Not a pain in the but to try and force me to buy the frame.

14 minutes ago, Hobie-wan said:

Fortuna isn't an area for new players though.

I completed Fortuna on the 2nd day of playing warframe... 
But these words were not said by me alone in the stream it was announced that yareli would be rewarded from quest because they wanted to give new players an opportunity to obtain it instead of putting it in the vent kids that would take longer to get it.

43 minutes ago, (PSN)TheOmega-Mode said:

I completed Fortuna on the 2nd day of playing warframe... 

No you didn't, that's literally impossible. You might've done the introduction quest, Vox solaris, but that's a very long way from completing Fortuna.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

No you didn't, that's literally impossible. You might've done the introduction quest, Vox solaris, but that's a very long way from completing Fortuna.

I didn't know I had to be literal to be understood but yes Vox Solaris we were talking about quests the all time i think... but you also don't need fortuna maxed to get a k-drive 

Edited by (PSN)TheOmega-Mode

On 2021-07-07 at 2:13 PM, jnuh said:

agreed. having to do the feats to unlock a page, and then practically the same feats +1 for the next page, and so on, is uninspired and annoyingly bland, and mostly just bad, due to some of the skills/feats not counting consistently.

On 2021-07-07 at 2:32 PM, (NSW)KaneOfAble said:

Agree, I stopped using k-drive because touching one you fell out of the map, and if we are honest Arch Wing is the better mode of travel. They are just a broken system, only time I have ever touch them is when I feel like doing the NW kill 20. IMO this is just a flat out plat grab from DE to make it more trouble than it is worth to farm the frame and instead get more people to buy it with plat.

On 2021-07-07 at 3:29 PM, DroopingPuppy said:

It seems that the new warframe is a platinum exclusive warframe. It is really disappointing. It is better to wait its Primed version.

On 2021-07-07 at 3:46 PM, (NSW)KaneOfAble said:

I get that DE needs to eat to, and if they were less abusive about it I would be ok with it.

well even I considered buying it for plat but honestly I didn't want to spend unnecessary plat just for a normal warframe I would rather spend it on a prime. With that said if i had to do the quest again i would definitely buy it. The quest has no adrenaline or emotion they took the tutorial too seriously that even the missions are repetitive I would much prefer a tutorial of the Corpus Liches.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PSN)TheOmega-Mode said:

well even I considered buying it for plat but honestly I didn't want to spend unnecessary plat just for a normal warframe I would rather spend it on a prime. With that said if i had to do the quest again i would definitely buy it. The quest has no adrenaline or emotion they took the tutorial too seriously that even the missions are repetitive I would much prefer a tutorial of the Corpus Liches.

Sure, I'd rather wait about four years(the general duration of releasing the primed version after the first release) to crack the relic instead.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, (XBOX)Calliber said:

Was done with it in under 45 minutes on Xbox, easy.  I don't understand how so many people have problems with it.

The problem is that a lot of people hate k-drive and the Quest is very annoyingly bland, they didn't encourage people to try k-drive, they just said to put in some missions and that's it they'll just play for the warframe. Also not many people have K-drives moded, this is also the reason why the missions to get certain points turned out to be difficult/annoying to some players and all the time DE announced the quest to be "new player friendly".

Edit: Also let's not forget that everyone has different ways to play, capacity, talent, patience that why k-drive have so many different opinions. For example for me it was a little difficult to do the Quest because i wasn't used to use k-drive and wasn't fully modded I never gave a chance to the all k-drive thing because I thought it was very flimsy and not quick unlike Arch Wings.

Edited by (PSN)TheOmega-Mode
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
En 6/7/2021 a las 22:50, (PSN)TheOmega-Mode dijo:

The quest is very repetitive, not friendly for noobs or should I say for new players. Asking a new player to get 2000 points on the K-drive is crazy especially on the playstation, it's very difficult to create stunts even my finger turned red for a certain point what DE should do just for the quest is accumulate points for example if I had 500 points + another 500 points they should make 1000 and so on.

New players shouldn't be chasing the newly released Warframe in the first place, obviously they will have troubles in getting it. People who complain about it are the ones who never touched K-Drive since release, i finished it under 1hr or less and i found it very easy to do. The big problem here is that you can't mod the Bondi K-Drive(Default K-Drive).

Also, once you know how to get affinity, 2k are nothing. Just like anything else in Warframe, if you don't know how to do something, search on Youtube.

Edited by chofranc
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, chofranc said:

New players shouldn't be chasing the newly released Warframe in the first place, obviously they will have troubles in getting it. People who complain about it are the ones who never touched K-Drive since release, i finished it under 1hr or less and i found it very easy to do. The big problem here is that you can't mod the Bondi K-Drive(Default K-Drive).

Also, once you know how to get affinity, 2k are nothing. Just like anything else in Warframe, if you don't know how to do something, search on Youtube.

You need to remember that this is not the only thing to forcing us to do something not related to the gameplay. They did it all the times, ALL THE TIMES on plains, valley, and now deimos. All the times DE says, 'you must do such various tasks or you can't play it anymore' stuffs, and K-Drive is indeed one of the stuffs among them. And while they issued the forced labor on us and pretended to give us some enjoyable contents. How disgusting.

If they didn't, I don't think that it is something that making the people so mad, but no, the reality isn't good enough.

Ok guys I don't know if I explained myself wrongly or if you didn't understand what I meant by "waverider Quest is a failure" I'm not English so the message must have been misinterpreted I don't have any problem with the quest in addition to being repetitive and not encouraging. I just gave my opinion and show that some people are having difficulty and frustration in completing the mission because of the points to be achieved. I completed the mission in 1h I had some difficulty but overall it was smooth. When I said "Not friendly for noobs or I should say for new players. Asking a new player to get 2000 points on the K-drive is crazy" I was referring to the fact that they advertised the quest as "new player friendly" in relation to "especially on the playstation, it's very difficult to create stunts even my finger turned red for a certain point" was to solidify the message I was trying to get across. And I still think my suggestion to accumulate points would make a big difference in people's opinions.

58 minutes ago, chofranc said:

New players shouldn't be chasing the newly released Warframe in the first place, obviously they will have troubles in getting it. People who complain about it are the ones who never touched K-Drive since release. The big problem here is that you can't mod the Bondi K-Drive(Default K-Drive).

14 minutes ago, DroopingPuppy said:

You need to remember that this is not the only thing to forcing us to do something not related to the gameplay. They did it all the times, on plains, valley, and now deimos. All the times DE says, you must do such various tasks or you can't play it anymore' stuffs, and K-Drive is indeed one of the stuffs among them. And while they issued the forced labor on us and pretended to give us some enjoyable contents.

If they didn't, I don't think that it is something that making the people so mad, but no, the reality isn't good enough.

Exactly like i said "nobody cares about K-drives so it's a failed quest that's why they put a warframe to make it necessary or appealing, notice that even the gun comes in the vent kids which in turn forces the person to grind the vent kids. If the objective of the quest was to make people hate the k-drives more they succeeded."... the gun shouldve been added to the new lab if their objective was not to force us into K-drive and the quest is a fiasco they took the tutorial too seriously insted of making it seem appeling and fun.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 2021-07-07 at 3:50 AM, (PSN)TheOmega-Mode said:

Waverider Quest is a failure

... We know...

... You don't have to specify reasons for it, because it simply is in its entirety...

I have been postponing K-Drive as long as possible... But because of this quest, not anymore. I'm going to get everything from the Ventkids and then I'm going to solder that stupid vent.

Edited by Uhkretor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Uhkretor said:

... We know...

... You don't have to specify reasons for it, because it simply is in its entirety...

I have been postponing K-Drive as long as possible... But because of this quest, not anymore. I'm going to get everything from the Ventkids and then I'm going to solder that stupid vent.

Why wait, actually feature request: because of this quest can we kill them all off now? Like sell them to Nef or something? They deserve it for this quest

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

.... I wasn't even going to enter the vents like... ever again, that's why I have pretty much every Syndicate at Rank 4+ except Ventkids, which were left at 1000 Standing of Rank 1. Had to get back there because of this quest, but since it forced me to do it, I'll just get it all over with and be done with it forever.

But yeah, selling them back to Nef is actually a good idea, and he'll even appreciate us for getting rid of that trash in the vent...

Edited by Uhkretor
  • Like 3

Yeah

I'm hating this quest

problems is the requirements to get massive trick combo points

even following advice to cheeze it at The Pearl, ?maybe its my controls? but I'm having trouble handling even the supposed Easy Cheesy rail grind in circles method.

and of course trying to do it legit is even worse... K drive controls are just really cumbersome for me, can't land and stay balanced on a rail for anything...

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

K drive controls are just really cumbersome for me, can't land and stay balanced on a rail for anything...

You are not the only one. The controls are very cumbersome indeed, and there are no alternative schemes like for archwing. Sometimes, the player needs to press 4 buttons simultaneously to actually do anything, which may be really difficult, and the movement system does not function correctly very frequently. Most of the quest requires fully modded drive and almost maxed standings to be reasonable. Developers themselves clearly acknowledged in home streams that it is next to impossible with insufficient standings (Reb's stream on July 6 and Helen's stream on July 7, where they both failed to do most of the challenges rather miserably).  Hopefully, some fix is planned, maybe even including some improvements aka comfortable control system and glitch fixes.

Edited by akots
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Honestly I've had absolutely zero trouble with this quest. Though my KDrive is fully upgraded. Now if you've been trying to use the default one you can summon with no mods what so ever I could see how that's the case, but it is what it is, people have had plenty of time to have a Kdrive functional by now. Though it would have been nice if they had been more useful in general though.

But yeah the mods for those will help a lot, and coincidentally, the more you upgrade a Kdrive the quicker you can get the rep for vent kids as well. My MR is in the 20s somewhere, and I got all my vent kid rep for the day in, I dunno, 15-30 min or something the other night grinding for the kompressor. Once you know certain things it becomes very simple to level this reputation and the kdrives, though difficulty with a controller vs. PC controls may vary, personally I'm not very good with the gamepad controls.

Some tips;

-That big pipe behind the Fortuna elevator? Want to make a big combo, one that could potentially end in up to 3000 reputation score? Grind down that pipe, at the end, have a charged jump ready, release it, do a couple tricks and turn around and grind back onto the pipe. Start doing some math over time looking at the score thing, and you'll get an idea of how far to go, just don't go over 3000, it won't ever pay out more than that in one trick. Your score is literally, the big number multiplied by the little multiplier number as it would imply.

-Get that magnetic kdrive mod, if you're gonna do the pipe especially this'll make it far easier to latch on without screwing up.

-Get Jump mods, for the love of god. The more you can jump, the longer you can stay in the air, the easier you can get in the air, the more tricks you can do, the more reputation that will be paid out. The mods for +jump height, and -charge time are invaluable in this regard. Also, these make it far, FAR, harder to screw up the pipe grinding.

-While I grinded this out before they actually made them useful for something, the races DO actually pay out rep now. Quite a bit, actually, I was always a bit salty about that after it got that easy. If you get an objective to get something like x amount of reputation, or x score in a race, go check the races around. You could do any of these, but some of those quest objectives, do expect a particular, and sometimes high, score. If you look at the leaderboard near a race, especially if you don't have a modded kdrive, you can't expect to get even close to that high score on the board. The reason I tell you to look at the board though, is it will give YOU an idea, of what score, and thus, reputation payout, or quest step completion, is available on that race in particular. Personally, I prefer the one near the Temple of Profit, as it tends to have a score cap >5000.

-This is kind of a blind tip here if I'm being honest because I haven't done it much: Deimos, has races. I have no idea what these races pay out, but they're newer, who knows, they might pay out more than the Fortuna ones, go take a peek.

Edited by Drex83