Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Congratulations DE (Yareli)

Leqesai

Yareli is officially the worst frame I've used. Bar none. Every one of her abilities is bad. Her aesthetic is cringey and the concept of her gimmick is mind-boggling in its stupidity. Kdrive in regular missions does not work. She hits her head on stuff, loses momentum, retains momentum when she shouldn't (just jump in a small area), can glitch through the world, and is limited to secondary weapons. Nothing about her kdrive is good. The 75% damage reduction is a tacked on, less useful Warding Halo. 

To clarify a few things

Her 1: Slow moving, low damage bubbles. Pointless as CC and terrible kill potential

Her 2: No redeeming qualities whatsoever. Kdrive in regular missions was a horrible idea

Her 3: The blades do tiny slash damage, require physically contacting enemies (as far as I can tell), have zero verticality, and are not positively affected by range mods whatsoever

Her 4: Terrible LOS restricted CC. The base range is low, the damage is terrible, and it makes Zephyr's Tornado look incredible by comparison

I may be missing something but I haven't observed any real synergy between her skills either. She plays like a 2013 Warframe. A really... REALLY bad 2013 Warframe. 

To add icing to the cake. Her signature weapon, the Kompressa is ----Even worse than Stug-----

It feels like she should be a intro level warframe rather than a frame you are picking up much later in the game. 

It's hard to say something good about a frame so bad. Well she does have one thing that she is good at - she looks cute. Plus, something else you can add to the list. With her limited and counterproductive CC, she adds almost nothing to a team. Banshee and Nyx put her CC to shame and they are OLD. It is really odd as most of more recent warframes have been really strong in their own right and great additions to a team. They just wildly missed the mark with this one.

hace 1 hora, SteveCutler dijo:

It's fitting since she's like a female version of Hydroid.

She is even worst, at least Hydroid can be modded to be tanky with an umbral build+a subsumed ability and it will go better than her, i use that build on my Hydroid and he can do very well in SP, Thermal Sunder and Snare are the abilities that use the most and you still have the CC options if you need them.

Her kit conflicts too much. Her 3 for example seems to be designed to support melee gameplay but she is too squishy without her 2 which is focused on gun gameplay and even then, her 3 doesn't impact melee gameplay that much.

I knew she was bad before she was released but what do ppl keep saying to me? "wait for the frame to come out bf you judge it" and what do I say? "no i`m still doing it anyway. Her abilities make no sense and are all over the place, she literally needs a rework from scratch and the worst thing is i`m sure other ppl told DE this but they just ignored use, that`s why I'm not hyped for her or the update plus doing the k-drive quest is a pain (using a controller).

Also can anyone tell me how to get 3400+ k-drive standing on a single race?

I get the feeling Yareli was conceived around the idea of using K-Drives in-mission, and everything else was an afterthought. Thematically, she treads on Hydroid's toes big time, mechanically there's very little to her kit that I think stands out besides her K-Drive (and even that's not a good idea to have in most of our tilesets, as the OP points out), and her balance right now is awful. She will almost certainly receive the buffs she desperately needs in short order, but numerical buffs alone won't prevent her 2 from being unwieldy in our smaller tilesets and her 4 from being as generic an ability as can be. As seems to be the standard, Yareli came out half-baked, and I think needs a fair bit more design work before she can truly be called a good frame.

8 hours ago, giovanniluca said:

I didn't think something could be worse than Inaros or Hydroid.

This is a challenge for DE as the idea here is to keep the theme and concept presented by the designer but make it really useful in game.

While Yareli IS pretty garbage, I want to disagree with the harping on the use of K-Drives in regular missions, not because I think it works well or was implemented well, but just because I appreciate DE giving us that freedom to make that choice.  It was the same situation with Necramechs where they knew they'd be clunky and get stuck on stuff so they initially didn't let us have them, but then they opened up to let us deal with the issues as they appeared if that's what we chose to do and I would like to continue to encourage at least THAT aspect of the design philosophy.

tl;dr: I absolutely think there could be improvements made to using Merulina in regular missions, but I do want to give DE credit for at least letting us do it anyway.

22 hours ago, Ceadeus said:

While Yareli IS pretty garbage, I want to disagree with the harping on the use of K-Drives in regular missions, not because I think it works well or was implemented well, but just because I appreciate DE giving us that freedom to make that choice.  It was the same situation with Necramechs where they knew they'd be clunky and get stuck on stuff so they initially didn't let us have them, but then they opened up to let us deal with the issues as they appeared if that's what we chose to do and I would like to continue to encourage at least THAT aspect of the design philosophy.

tl;dr: I absolutely think there could be improvements made to using Merulina in regular missions, but I do want to give DE credit for at least letting us do it anyway.

im not against the idea of k-drives in normal missions, but the key thing is, it need to be revamped BIG TIME. kdrives were designed as pure mobility for open world, but they 1 are slower than archwings(for obvious reasons), 2 couldnt be used in combat, 3 made you fall off for ANY reason.

overall, i think DE should at least test things out before sending them, their "we will release broken and fix later" aprouch is starting to become a major issue to the players. its not even like this was a hard thing to see coming, as many players commented about this, when it was shown.

On 2021-07-07 at 6:00 AM, Leqesai said:

Yareli is officially the worst frame I've used. Bar none. Every one of her abilities is bad. Her aesthetic is cringey and the concept of her gimmick is mind-boggling in its stupidity

I feel ya.    I mean....who wears dress while surfing?  She should look somewhat like Nyx or Mag.... Maybe even with O2 tank looking elements and such.  Meh design.

And those hearts and sht... It just doesn't fit the gore and violence we cause in this game.

7 minutes ago, Kainosh said:

I feel ya.    I mean....who wears dress while surfing?  She should look somewhat like Nyx or Mag.... Maybe even with O2 tank looking elements and such.  Meh design.

And those hearts and sht... It just doesn't fit the gore and violence we cause in this game.

Right?

That's the cringe I was talking about. Why is Yareli a kawaii frame? I just don't get it... I mean it IS interesting but it also doesn't match any of the current warframe aesthetic. I mean.. she is the vent kid frame and they don't act like that...

5 hours ago, Keyhound said:

im not against the idea of k-drives in normal missions, but the key thing is, it need to be revamped BIG TIME. kdrives were designed as pure mobility for open world, but they 1 are slower than archwings(for obvious reasons), 2 couldnt be used in combat, 3 made you fall off for ANY reason.

As for third point Merulina feels kind of ok. I've beaten 2 pages and I've bought her. I couldn't stand doing tricks in open world. I could grind properly (falling) and other stuffs. Merulina feels better in non-open tileset. Of course some are better some are worse (Void is nice).

As for the rest, it's indeed need change, it should be better suited for close combat (compared to Archwing where you can have some distance). Doing tricks should give you something, slam attack should be faster and covers more ground etc.

There are more ways to make k-driving fun but.... seeing current melee.... It's not possible.

8 hours ago, Kainosh said:

She's bad but just change her moveset if you don't like hearts and such.

1 hour ago, giovanniluca said:

just change her moveset if you don't like hearts and such.

Cant change it for other people... and frame's description and combat animations, feel and looks are already what they are. It was presented as such and you cant unsee.

Warframe has pretty serious story, without any meme stuff .... You know how frames are made, right?  Its pretty dark...  I just do not expect to see such "bright and happy" frames after experiencing this kind of story. 

4 minutes ago, Kainosh said:

You know how frames are made, right?

Why is this example not used for Wisp that puts her ass in the camera? or Hildryn that flexes every second she has? or Nezha that is the embodiment of being young? or Lavos that cuddles with his snakes? 

How something is made does not determine how said thing should or shouldn't act. 

We're all made by a sexual act, should we all be dungeon s*x freaks? 

9 minutes ago, Kainosh said:

Cant change it for other people... and frame's description and combat animations, feel and looks are already what they are. It was presented as such and you cant unsee.

Warframe has pretty serious story, without any meme stuff .... You know how frames are made, right?  Its pretty dark...  I just do not expect to see such "bright and happy" frames after experiencing this kind of story. 

She is dark, she is involved in saving kids from slavery and torture. So you say Khora shouldn't have a whip and do her relatively domination animations?

Or Nezha shouldn't be cheery and instead full brute? Don't annoy other people and go play in private groups, Yareli's problem is that she's bad, not that she does not fit aestethically.

4 hours ago, (PSN)max141064 said:

Why is this example not used for Wisp that puts her ass in the camera? or Hildryn that flexes every second she has? or Nezha that is the embodiment of being young? or Lavos that cuddles with his snakes? 

Should I bring all of that in a thread about Yareli?  No.  I already stated my opinion about those other frames when they were released.  If you missed it....then you missed it.

Also, Lavos doesn't cuddle.  Snake is his transformed teacher that speaks to him if you don't know.  He is basically 2 in 1.  

On 2021-07-06 at 10:00 PM, Leqesai said:

Yareli is officially the worst frame I've used. Bar none. Every one of her abilities is bad.

I'm not going to debate her appearance, because it's up to taste.  But her kit is pretty terrible.  I think she might be the new bottom of the barrel, replacing Hydroid.  At least Hydroid can function in a supporting role due to some of his augments.  Yareli can't really do anything.

Sure, she has interesting mobility.  But I find Nezha beats her there.

Her CC is clearly outclassed by Vauban, Nyx, Limbo, Nidus, and many more (even... Hydroid...  ew.).

Her damage is negligible, and even with the buffs it has no scaling.

I think some of the only things that she needs, is actual synergy with her abilities. Right now, there's no synergy with them at all. Xaku was a god awful Frame before he got buffs to abilities, but most importantly, synergy with his 4. With all those changes, he's a really good, and in my opinion, one of the best frames now. 

16 minutes ago, Amen-san said:

I think some of the only things that she needs, is actual synergy with her abilities. Right now, there's no synergy with them at all. Xaku was a god awful Frame before he got buffs to abilities, but most importantly, synergy with his 4. With all those changes, he's a really good, and in my opinion, one of the best frames now. 

Xaku was still a stronger frame at launch than Yareli.  And they will probably remain a stronger frame in perpetuity.  Xaku is one of the most powerful frames in the game.  Yeah, their cycling abilities are clunky.  And they can be demanding in terms of forma.  But they have the potential to do insane damage, strip enemy defenses completely, and CC reasonably well... all with the same build.

Outside of a full rework, there's no indication that Yareli will ever compete with that.  Her kit is too flat and counter-intuitive.  It needs way more than the number tweaks it just got.  There's some reason to hope that after Tennocon she'll get more attention.

Just now, giovanniluca said:

The problem here is that her abilties do nothing more than CC and just DAMAGE, BAD tankiness, just DAMAGE again and CC and just DAMAGE again.

No shreds or damage boost on weapons, no particular debuffs, no synergy at all between abilities.

1. I think its fine as CC, dmg to kill would be nice but I dont think thats the idea behind the ability. If there was something like enemies hit with your 3 while in the bubble gets a full dmg slash proc instead of a % slash proc that might be good ie instead of I think its 35% of the total damage as a slash proc let it be a 1:1 slash proc instead meaning if your 3 deals 1000  slash damage an enemy in the bubble will get a slash proc dealing 1000/s damage as a proc. This makes sense considering the limited range of her 3 anyway.

2. I think the double jump should be done away with and instead let her have a charge jump from the k drive which still reaches the same height as a double jump without the hassle of accidently jumping into the ceiling of the map but still being able to reach higher heights if needed. There also needs to be much much more application from the ability in terms of what it does, at this point its a worse warding halo. As far as I can tell running into enemies on it does nothing, jumping on enemies does nothing, the slam attack from it is useless since the slams knockdown range is terrible and from the quest I learned the kill range is practically .0000001m from yourself. I would like to see some kind of interaction with her 1 with this as well such as enemies you run into with the board while 3 is also active receive double is not triple procs in one hit. Jumping on enemies with the board causes either a knockdown or a stun similar to sleep. And just plain running into them causes a knockdown or a stagger on larger enemies.

3. This is just a radial slash proccer nothing more nothing less but if this above happens with it itll be able to be much much more. 

4. Feels fairly weak unless if you have LoS and a huge horde of enemies then it can under the correct circumstances deal decent damage. I think enemies caught in her 1 and then caught in her 4 should be stripped of defenses this will help with the damage that she can deal later on. Other than that it isnt so bad that it needs massive damage or range tweaks as far as I can tell

Archived