Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Challenging, but well-done Yareli quest. Brava!

Kitsushadow

I know there are people out there who look at K-Drives as a whole, and are asking me "are you nuts?" But hear me out. First, the challenges are actually really simple. Every level has basic K-drive aerial stunts which can be performed in quick order for fast progression.

Next, you have the point-driven objectives. In case anyone reading this hasn't heard, there's a bit of a trick if you don't mind a bit of repetitiveness. The giant pipes behind the Fortuna doorway. Get up some speed, jump on it, and grind it. Jump occasionally, do a few simple flips and spins, and then keep grinding. When you get to the end of the line, jump again, then steer yourself around to land on the pipe, and keep grinding, doing simple tricks where necessary. For reference, I'm pretty ham-fisted when it comes to K-Drives myself, and I was still able to put in a good performance this way. I recommend the mod that boosts your pipe grinding speed, as well as the one that increases pipe magnetism. That does make it easier.

For the seemingly impossible ones like, 5 seconds of air time, that's dead simple. Fly as high as your archwing will take you, then jump off it and immediately switch to K-drive. Then just fall. Or do tricks on the way down. Your choice.

All in all, the challenges really aren't that hard. Just chain a few simple moves and do a lot of grinding for the point challenges. For the rest, just practice, or get some air with the Archwing and practice on the way down.

Oh, and the k-drive slam? Bit of advice in case it's driving you nuts. Altitude isn't really important here.  You have to land on the person you're slamming. Don't bother with robots, just people. And it really takes a direct hit or two. Once I understood that, it was easier.

So, all in all, a very challenging group of missions. But not too hard for the average gamer. I'm about as average a K-driver as you can find, and I managed well enough. Just practice, and remember to chain the jumps while grinding for best points!

OK you are nuts

11 hours ago, Kitsushadow said:

I know there are people out there who look at K-Drives as a whole, and are asking me "are you nuts?" But hear me out.

Nope, you are nuts; it is not even about if it is possible, it is the whole system is so broken no one uses it, or at least most do not. You build the arch wing what not so you can avoid ever using a k-Drive. 

11 hours ago, -AncientWarrior- said:

...not many of us ever want to use a K-drive again.. DE knows this and still stuffs it down our throat.. 

Honestly, while very tin foil hat; I think they do know no one wants to use a k-drive. I think they locked it behind kdrive with the intention of trying to force more people to buy the frame for plat. I mean day of launch I saw I do not know how many of the frame; and you know all of those people just bought it with plat. 

For me I am ok with spending money, but like the lore and so on. So I only have frames where the quest or talk is worth doing or fun. And I just flat out hate the k-Drive. Far far to many bad exp on the thing. SO after trying to find a race that was not mob rushed with Corpus or rings that would toss you across the map for even trying to hit them.. I just stoped; have not even done page 1. 

This quest is basically a controls for K-drive tutorial which is fine; but the race should not be a thing, just the tricks with what buttons to push. If they want to time gate it something like earn X standing in a day would have been better. If we wanted to do the races we would do the races. IF we do not, they should not force us to. This is Helminth fiasco all over again. YOu think with how many people avoid conservation like the plague they would have learned not to full on lock behind the mini game crap, but no here they are doing the extract same thing again. Forcing players to use a broken largely avoided aspect of game play..

You'd rather fly an archwing? That seems nuts to me, haha. I'm always blinking when I try to go down, and will crash into pretty much everything I can. I don't even want to talk about what happens when I have to go underwater ... 😒

The k-drives feel much easier to me—though both take some practice.

Archived