Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How does "Candidate" Sister’s weapon work?

Venus-Venera

Just now, Battle.Mage said:

For the last 4 runs I've been getting the same gun that I already have. I have also canceled mission or tried exit. and I play pluto-> hydra and almost always reach lvl 3 ..........

Seems to be RNG, unfortunately it's extremely annoying to get unwanted repeated drops because of it.

vor 26 Minuten schrieb (XBOX)NuclearSquiddy:

Seems to be RNG, unfortunately it's extremely annoying to get unwanted repeated drops because of it.

it's not random. that's some bug like back then with kuva weapons. there it was not rolled and it was fixed later.
just tried several things and i managed to reset it. but i am not sure what exactly the problem was.

13 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

it's not random. that's some bug like back then with kuva weapons. there it was not rolled and it was fixed later.
just tried several things and i managed to reset it. but i am not sure what exactly the problem was.

I'm just about to go get my second Sister, so I'll see what she has, I used Mesa for the first going with Hildryn this time.

Just now, (XBOX)NuclearSquiddy said:

Unfortunately using Mesa is necessary even though it trivializes the idea of progenitor Warframes. I found using Pyrana Prime to be just enough to get 25-50 kills solo.

Most AOE weapons should get you 25 and if people saved the Xoris just spamming the radial attack is effective

Using Mesa means your Sister is gonna be Magnetic. Which, the last I've checked, suck, save for some fringe cases like CO stacking with whatever the lastest and best in CO stacking is.  

Just stick with the Xoris. Pop 1 or 2 Solaris rescue and you will have plenty enough time. They even tip you a small amount of solaris credits too.  

vor 16 Minuten schrieb Bakaguya-sama:

Using Mesa means your Sister is gonna be Magnetic. Which, the last I've checked, suck, save for some fringe cases like CO stacking with whatever the lastest and best in CO stacking is.  

Just stick with the Xoris. Pop 1 or 2 Solaris rescue and you will have plenty enough time. They even tip you a small amount of solaris credits too.  

lvl 1 is easy. with on-call npc you can even manage lvl 3 with many weapons very easily. that's not what it is about!
it is about NOT PRESENT random after the candidate kill.

i have already completed over 30 missions and still see the same 4 weapons!

Did they change it when they added the ability to fuse weapons together?  Because I thought I remembered (a different group of) people being upset when they added a patch that made it so you can't get two of the same weapon in a row... specifically to address the "less random than it could be" RNG that was hitting people with sequences of the same weapon.  (Or something?  I don't remember exactly.  I only got about four or five Lich weapons and then stopped making them when it became optional.)

Oh right I had anabsolute brainfart. You're right, you dont need to get the tier 3 reward for the sister candidate to appear lmao.  Just the tier 1 is fine, which i think is like what? Only 10 kills if you do it solo? Then no need for the Xoris nor Mesa. Any weapon and any Warframe will do fine.  

Although I suppose while Im there might as well farm some extra sets of Proteas and Strophas lol.

vor 20 Minuten schrieb Bakaguya-sama:

Oh right I had anabsolute brainfart. You're right, you dont need to get the tier 3 reward for the sister candidate to appear lmao.  Just the tier 1 is fine, which i think is like what? Only 10 kills if you do it solo? Then no need for the Xoris nor Mesa. Any weapon and any Warframe will do fine.  

Although I suppose while Im there might as well farm some extra sets of Proteas and Strophas lol.

Yes. it's good for helmith. the skill is useful for many warframes.
and stropa is still very nice. Far from 2-3mil heavy attacks, but at least.

edit:
just tested with inaros. he mostly manages lvl 2-3 with on-call and new single target weapons. I've read that you only need 25 kills.

3 hours ago, Miser_able said:

not really. I use protea and shes just as effective if not more than mesa, and gives me the heat element I want.

Not all elements come from a viable frame. Also, whenever I use Protea her Blaze Artillery can't keep up with the Specters dashing out of their LoS. How'd you manage it?

I get only 2 weapons constantly(over 20 runs) and I farmed them both before.
Gonna leave the thing for now until they fix it.
Also it's way way more annoying to get them compared to the kuva weapons - there the mission could easily be over in about a min.Here it's 3 (you have to wait for the dude to spawn to get your crown again etc)

vor 23 Minuten schrieb vegetosayajin:

I get only 2 weapons constantly(over 20 runs) and I farmed them both before.
Gonna leave the thing for now until they fix it.
Also it's way way more annoying to get them compared to the kuva weapons - there the mission could easily be over in about a min.Here it's 3 (you have to wait for the dude to spawn to get your crown again etc)

Yes. that seems to be some bug. because: i hope this is not a cripple tactic to keep players busy as much as possible!
i managed to get a new weapon after about 40-50 runs. but i don't even have half the weapons. actually only 5 now after the kill.
I'm just saying OMG

3 hours ago, (XBOX)NuclearSquiddy said:

Not all elements come from a viable frame. Also, whenever I use Protea her Blaze Artillery can't keep up with the Specters dashing out of their LoS. How'd you manage it?

Cast your 4 then walk around in a circle spamming 2. When your 4 ends and rewinds time you get most of your energy back. Cast 4 again, walk in a circle and spam 2 again. Etc etc.

12 hours ago, (XBOX)NuclearSquiddy said:

Unfortunately using Mesa is necessary even though it trivializes the idea of progenitor Warframes. I found using Pyrana Prime to be just enough to get 25-50 kills solo.

lol, no.

you can use any frame as long as you bring enough firepower, and you can use your archgun in the Granum Void. shouldn't be hard to get 25 kills with something like Mausolon. 

Given that I had literally 20x Tenet Arca Plasmors and a similar amount of Tenet Diplos from ranking tier 3 on the Granium Void around a similar amount of times... I decided to simply get enough kills for rank 1, around 25 ~35 kills, and on those three runs, I was spawning the Tenet Cyclon... It could be just RNG, but it looked mighty suspicious to me...

So I tried getting around 35, 40, 45, 50 kill runs... and it proved inclusive... As I got the Plasmor a few times as well as a few Tetras in those runs...

But as soon as I went to just over 75 kills, it returned to simply giving me the Plasmor and Diplos again!

As far as I am concerned, I don't care what anyone else says, this IS NOT RANDOM!

EDIT: Of course after I post this, I get that elusive Tenet Spirex after what seemed like 50+ runs to try to get it.. And it came with an Ephemera! (62 kills in the void)

Since the weapon pool is so small repeats are horrid, we need that consumable they talk about were you use riven slivers to buy an item that forces a larvling/candidate to have specific weapon when they appear. This was proposed before we could preview the weapons but it should of be still added also it gives at better reason to to go to iron wake

Archived