What are some themes you've wanted to see a Warframe based around?

I know there was that thing a while ago with Xaku being the theme winner but what are some other themes you'd like to see for a Warframe?

While Mesa is already the "Gun warframe" I've personally wanted a Commando or "Rambo" inspired Warframe. Whose kit is more based around things like rations, keeping allies and his own ammo topped up, potentially even giving 100% ammo efficiency if modded with a high enough power strength. Maybe even just a deployable encampment that provides unlimited ammo buff when inside of it.

Basically a frame that you'd want to choose to unleash your inner Rambo, and go Gung ho with. There is a Helminth specific subsume ability that works similarly, however it only goes up to 70% and cannot be increased. With Arcane Pistoleer or Fissures being the only way to reach that 100% that I'm aware of.

Maybe even make the Twin Grakata full dakka meta fully viable without running out of ammo.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

With 3/4 of his abilities being vampire themed. No, no he did not.

Wiki lore disagrees with you matrix,  right wrong or indifferent he is “supposed to be the sentient theme frame” although not down particularly well. 

Edited by (XBOX)YoungGunn82

23 minutes ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

1. War machine / Iron Man / Gunzerker /Solider type theme. 

iron man GIF

with exalted arm mounted minigun and grenades 🥵

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Thural said:

with exalted arm mounted minigun and grenades 🥵

With your Grenades as a Danger close ability were those explosions boosts your damage out put while increasing your DR. Similar to chroma idk spit balling here. 

Edited by (XBOX)YoungGunn82

Animals. (Mostly cats)

They have animations and rigging for our four-legged friends, so why not have a Warframe that can run around on all fours for an ability?

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, (PSN)c1234567890alvi said:

Heracles or Roman themed, I mean the Orokin empire feels a little like the Roman empire, yet there is no frame that feels Gladiator/Greek Soldier like

Huh. I always thought it was more similar to Eastern cultures.

Something akin to say, Asura's Wrath with its more Buddhist/Hindu influences.

Edited by Zahnny

I'd like to see some norse god themed frames, more accurately done than Loki, which seems to honestly be more Marvel-Loki based, which isnt really Loki.

Surtur theme = brutal melee with a possible exalted heavy blade, very much focus around fire. Preferably not demon looking like everyone else does that.

Thor theme = lightning melee frame with some arc or chain lightning and lightning strikes. Maybe an exalted melee that can be thrown while also allowing for punching while the hammer is bouncing around. Possibly some buff ability too.

Odin theme = Caster/melee frame with an exalted spear/staff. Could be a dualism frame similar to Enox, War god form and Wise god form, each giving different versions of the skills. War forms would grant exalted spear and Wise form would grant exalted staff. The exalted staff could actually be a spear-gun with a primary and alternate fire mode that makes it look/feel magey.

• Like 1

Slug themed Warframe, where your Slow Squishy and have Laser beam eyes.

okay that was a joke, but as for themes, there is a lot that one can list, but the soldier/commando themed is one that I see being requested the most.

The soldier/commando themed warfare I can see having a ammo efficiency as a passive, with at least some damage type to weapons being one of his/her abilities, the 4 can be a exalted weapon like a rifle or even a rocket launcher, another ability can be a remotely detonated explosives like c4 from other games.

Posted (edited)

Something alongside an operator revisit. But maybe new types of frames would feel good. Something that is not a warframe but something you'll get into missions with. Could be for example an elminth ooze that lvlups and reset each missions, gathering other form of materials, new parallel progression etc... Would look neat, I'd definitely try that.

The exalted weapons frames are plenty, we have almost too much CC options, even removing enemies from the field or phasing them out. And damage wise, there are imho almost too much ways for scalling and some that are neat(like garuda ult or Lavos stuffs) are not even "meta", it looks like we have already eveything and beyond to do everything the game has to offer right now.

Edited by Galuf
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

Wiki lore disagrees with you matrix,  right wrong or indifferent he is “supposed to be the sentient theme frame” although not down particularly well. 

Just leave him be, Revenant in general is a sore spot for him and it doesn't help anyone to keep going over it

3 hours ago, XRosenkreuz said:

inb4 'spider' and 'werewolf'

For real, tho, a counterpart for Mirage that's dark themed might be neat.

Actually, design-wise, Khora is themed after a spider.

Heck, even Strangledome and Ensnare have elements of spider-isn in them.