Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sisters of Parvos: Hotfix 30.5.2

[DE]Megan

11 hours ago, Leqesai said:

A lot of people are asking for this but TBH kdrive mods are pretty useless outside of the open world zones and general Kdrive stuff. A modded kdrive would not have much (if any) benefit in combat settings.

Not an entirely accurate statement.  Being fair though, not far from the truth in practice.

There are a variety of k-drive mods that add damage types.  These of course also have qualifiers:

Thrash Landing - blast

Bomb the Landin' - shockwave

Cold Arrival - cold

Slay Board - directional damage

Kinetic Friction - electric

Trail Blazer - heat

What is far more interesting is the utility mods.  I know people are complaining that the board is damage mitigation....but you can be knocked off of it.  That could be fixed by Perfect Balance.  You could use the board as a stop-gap between Rolling Guard, Adaptation, and Quick Escape to be invincible.  Finally, imagine a free and fast version of an energy pizza, brought to you by Juice. 

So...instead of balancing this thing, testing the usability, and designing another forma sink DE decided to release this mess.  I'd have wanted mods so that the ability would be an insane buff...but what we get is all the bad of k-drives on a glass frame.  Ouch.

The amount of times the parazon option shows up on a Sister but then doesn't trigger the animation and you have to go through the health segment again is infuriating.

Especially in the final mission in RJ since it just softlocks you in the mission and you're forced to "fail". Since this literally just happened, you need to work on a lot more fixes.

One day maybe you'll release something that isn't bug-ridden. I assume I'll be retired by then.

15 minutes ago, master_of_destiny said:

So...instead of balancing this thing, testing the usability, and designing another forma sink DE decided to release this mess.  I'd have wanted mods so that the ability would be an insane buff...but what we get is all the bad of k-drives on a glass frame.  Ouch.

I love that the first buff they did for Yareli was bumping her armor from 65 to 100 at base, meaning that within about an hour of releasing her they realized that they made a frame that was even more squishy than the squishy glass cannon style frames, except without the cannon part. Even still, with all 3 of my umbra mods on her at 1 rank below max each, umbral fiber is only bumping her from 100 armor to 265 and she has no way to help offset the damage except for her K-Drive which I don't bother using on normal tilesets because of how difficult it is to maneuver. Other squishy frames have some kind of wide range nuke or crowd control that can help clear out enemies and take some heat off of them, but Yareli's CC only affects 15 enemies max which is basically useless where it matters, her damage reduction ability is to hard to manage in normal maps, her 3rd is supposed to be damage with a bit of CC from staggering enemies but it's range can't be boosted at all and all it does is stagger enemies outside of it's damage radius, not to mention that enemies actually seem to stop being hurt by it when they get inside the ring, and her 4th "nuke" ability doesn't scale off of anything really meaningful that brings it's damage up to par, lasts for basically no time at all, and doesn't have enough range to even really be a useful CC ability either. 

I think the worst part about this is the people like me who are being so harsh on her abilities are probably the ones who actually like her and want her to be useful, we want to be able to use Yareli in things that aren't open world or level 20 missions without just dying instantly. But that would require DE to massively buff or change up her abilities, and I don't see them bothering to do that. 

Hello.
In 30.5,

On 2021-07-06 at 6:02 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Players who have Converted a Kuva lich OR vanquished a Kuva Lich will get OULL, which is a Requiem Wildcard Mod! 

I did receive the other items on login, but I did not get this.
(I had 3 Liches vanquished when the update dropped,)

In 30.5.2,

On 2021-07-07 at 11:26 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed not actually receiving the OULL Requiem after having your Kuva Lich/Sister flee. 

• Accounts that did not actually receive their OULL Requiem will be fixed upon login.

If this relates to the above, sorry to report, it did not work.
If it refers to Oulls that should have dropped from enemies, then nevermind.

So, still curious about this, as I haven't been able to find any meaningful answers.

Damage Resistance Mod Math Changes:

The following changes occurred due to the following scenario being shared:

A player reported that combining Umbral Mods + Adaptation + Lightning Rod on any Warframe made them fully immune to all damage from the Hydrolyst Eidolon.

Prior to this discovery, we already made sure we couldn’t reach 100% Damage Resistance because that would just be excessive in all cases. You can see this in action when we capped the ‘In Air’ Damage Resistance Mods. Even though the Mods theoretically could reach 100% Damage Resistance, there is a hard cap at 90%. 

In response and to avoid future oversights, we have changed the way Damage Resistance works. It now works on ‘Damage Remaining’ instead of having all the Modifiers combined and operating at once. 

Example: 
Consider the case of:
4x 25% Damage Resistance Mods:

WAS: (25% + 25% + 25% + 25%) = 100% Damage Reduction

NEW: Take 25% Less Damage = Only take 75% Damage

0.75 x 0.75 x 0.75 x 0.75 = 31.5% damage taken AKA 68.5% damage reduction

So, has Umbral's and Adaptaion been nerfed? The supposed "change" doesn't really clarify that. I don't have Lightning Rod, so no clue what that does.

Also while I'm at it, anyone know why Ivara is getting dumped on again? Or what exactly is the script ran for Nezzie and Monki?

1 hour ago, CMarsh said:

I did receive the other items on login, but I did not get this.
(I had 3 Liches vanquished when the update dropped,)

Same issue, same number of Liches.

@Entelechy has the same, with 2 vanquished Liches.

57 minutes ago, Old_Fogie said:

So, has Umbral's and Adaptaion been nerfed? The supposed "change" doesn't really clarify that. I don't have Lightning Rod, so no clue what that does.

They were additive before, they're multiplicative now.
They've not been individually nerfed, but they stack much less well now.

warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Lightning_Rod

1 hour ago, Old_Fogie said:

Lightning Rod from the wiki apparently increases your effective health and shields by a certain amount against electricity damage instead of doing what the mod literally says and give you electricity resistance.

From what I can tell Umbral mods have been changed to reflect their Tau Damage reduction in that instead of each mod stacking for a total resistance, each mod with a damage resistance quality will instead leave damage remaining, their example has some simple math in it:

Instead of 25% damage resistance, it works off of damage taken, so the new value is you take 75% of the damage you otherwise would've had. If there were four mods with 25% damage reduction, that's 4 mods that have 75% damage taken instead:

0.75 (75% damage remaining out of a potential of a whole 100%, or "1") x 0.75 x 0.75 x 0.75 = 31.5% (I think DE got the math wrong here, it's 0.316, so should be 31.6%)

Which means that out of a total potential 100%, you only take 31.5% of the damage, for a total remaining 68.5% reduction.

Which means for Umbral mods (according the wiki/in-game stats), if you have all three mods equipped, each one has 19.25% reduction for Tau damage, so it would be 80.75% damage remaining per mod:

0.80 x 0.80 x 0.80 = 0.512, or 51.2% damage taken, leaving 48.8% reduction in Tau damage, rather than before where you would've had 77% damage reduction.

So yes, it is functionally a nerf.

For bonus points:

Adaptation has a 90% cap for damage reduction of a specific damage type, but now that they've changed it to damage remaining, you now have 10% damage remaining, or 0.10 for each damage type = 10% damage taken, which will not stack with other mods, meaning this value will stay at 10% (rather than the lower value it could be with other damage reduction mods, such as Tau from the Umbral mods, it would be 48.8% of 10%, or roughly 5% damage taken)

Lightning Rod functions a bit differently, though if we take the value of 60% damage reduction to electricity, 40% damage remaining, or 0.40 = 40% damage taken, if you combine both this and Adaptation you'll have a total damage reduction to Electricity of 50%, rather than the 60% value the mod implies.

On 2021-07-07 at 1:29 PM, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Above all else, Yareli's kit desperately needs synergy between abilities.

On 2021-07-07 at 1:26 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Yeah I am thinking other than cool factor what's the point of her 2 ability? Other than it means you can only use secondary weapons? also her passive does not synergise with her signature weapon at all because of it's insanely low crit rate. Her abilities should synergies especially with her 2 key. Like have them buffed or act a little different when she's on her skateboard so there is a reason to use it outside of clunky movement and limited weapons. 

1 hour ago, Old_Fogie said:

Also while I'm at it, anyone know why Ivara is getting dumped on again? Or what exactly is the script ran for Nezzie and Monki?

Nezha's Divine Spears, Mirage's Prism/Eclipse (twice), Wukong's Twin all got script fixes according to here:

https://www.warframe.com/updates/pc/30-5-0

As well as a fix for supressing mods that supposedly didn't work with some abilities (ivara's prowl being one of them), effectively having the weapon still be loud despite a 100% noise reduction.

I just worked my ass off to get the new Tenet Diplos and they absolutely suck... I was expecting a Smart-pistol from Titanfall. Instead, I got an absolute piece of garbage

Also, why can't we mod Yareli's K-Drive yet? I was sure it was just a glitch before or maybe y'all forgot to click something before launch, but now I'm completely puzzled as to why we can't upgrade and mod Merulina!

I must also point out that glaives are literally PAINFUL to use now. Thanks, DE.

On 2021-07-07 at 11:07 PM, MrFrog9 said:

de generally does not like having abilities that people can flick on to autokill rooms

saryn 4, ember 4(after the rework) lavos 4, equinox 4, vauban 3, mirage 2(with the augment).... please, these abilities are a much better rooms-nuker and they can easily wipe out tons of enemies in few seconds with low effort.....,yet, having aquablades able to scale with range mods(with a mediocre damage), would be a problem? please.

2 hours ago, LittleSnowNeko said:

I love that the first buff they did for Yareli was bumping her armor from 65 to 100 at base, meaning that within about an hour of releasing her they realized that they made a frame that was even more squishy than the squishy glass cannon style frames, except without the cannon part. Even still, with all 3 of my umbra mods on her at 1 rank below max each, umbral fiber is only bumping her from 100 armor to 265 and she has no way to help offset the damage except for her K-Drive which I don't bother using on normal tilesets because of how difficult it is to maneuver. Other squishy frames have some kind of wide range nuke or crowd control that can help clear out enemies and take some heat off of them, but Yareli's CC only affects 15 enemies max which is basically useless where it matters, her damage reduction ability is to hard to manage in normal maps, her 3rd is supposed to be damage with a bit of CC from staggering enemies but it's range can't be boosted at all and all it does is stagger enemies outside of it's damage radius, not to mention that enemies actually seem to stop being hurt by it when they get inside the ring, and her 4th "nuke" ability doesn't scale off of anything really meaningful that brings it's damage up to par, lasts for basically no time at all, and doesn't have enough range to even really be a useful CC ability either. 

I think the worst part about this is the people like me who are being so harsh on her abilities are probably the ones who actually like her and want her to be useful, we want to be able to use Yareli in things that aren't open world or level 20 missions without just dying instantly. But that would require DE to massively buff or change up her abilities, and I don't see them bothering to do that. 

So...it gets better.

DE used to release frames below 100 armor.  These were generally casting frames, where their goal was to be a glass cannon.  The way people got around this was to double dip with arcane guardian...and get a flat increase in armor.  DE decided the double dipping was inappropriate, so they rebalanced arcanes.

The community lost their collective minds.  Myself included....because I liked Zephyr.  The response from DE was to literally bring everyone up to a minimum of 100 armor.  Great...our squishy frames are now not suicide.

It's been less than two years.  The arcane rebalance was prior to Scarlet Spear...where DE had to allow us to directly grind for arcanes.  Orphix Venom was last year.  In two years DE has released a frame breaking the minimum 100 armor rule they provided.  They gave us a k-drive that forgot how bad the unmodded things are.  Despite literal hate and releasing Primed Sure Footed to stop knockdowns, the new frame is highly susceptible to them.  Oh....but inside of 48 hours they've applied buffs...

Yeah....Monday.  I finished my "Legendary" test.  It gave me a blasted legendary core.  Your gift to players, who have at a minimum spent hundreds of hours in your game, is an item that can be used once on a mod to ignore its upgrade cost.  A cost earned hundreds of times over if they managed to grind through all the content. 

Remember, it only took about 3.5 years before you could put a catalyst/reactor onto modular items.

It only took about 6 before the cost of Mesa became one nav beacon rather than 3.

It only took us 8 years for the dojo to have 8 research rooms and a lich trading hub.

It's only been each large release that breaks the Plains or other open worlds in some fundamental way.

It's only been about 3 years since DE promised us the Ghoul Saw...and counting.

1 hour ago, DarknessNightshade said:

-snip-

My math apparently was slightly off, different damage sources do stack multiplicatively, so in the case of Umbral mods + Adaptation, it's 0.8 x 0.8 x 0.8 x 0.10, roughly 0.0512 or 5.12% damage taken.

Note this only applies to Tau Damage, however Umbral mods on their own do have a lower value of 48.8% reduction, so people who only use the Umbral set are missing out on exactly 28.2% resistance.

Compared to the previous model, this would've been 90% + 77% resistance to Tau damage, or 100% resistance.

And also, the last bit was written weirdly, Lightning Rod still has 60% reduction, but calculated with Adaptation it's 0.40 x 0.10, or 0.04, 4% damage taken, if my math is now correct.

Instead of the previous 90% + 60% model where it would've been 100% resistance to electricity.

Also, I don't think it's intended but people may still be able to abuse Auras and Arcanes to hit even lower values. As well as mods that have damage resistance while airborne, a total of 24, 12 and 40 flat damage resistance, 76, 88, 60 damage taken, 0.76 x 0.88 x 0.60 x 0.10 with Adaptation for 0.04 or 4% damage taken, this can stack with Umbral, Aura and Arcanes.

Due to how the new system works, it won't be possible to get 100% resistance, because it is still a percentage of a percentage, a wierd infinite.

I encountered a little problem: I cannot build the new parts for the hound with nitain extract in it, because I maxed nightwave with level 60. So I am stuck on all receipts that include nitain...

And the 2% chance on some sabotage missions on the third cache is a joke

Just now, maddima said:

I encountered a little problem: I cannot build the new parts for the hound with nitain extract in it because I maxed nightwave with level 60. So I am stuck on all receipts that include nitain...

And the 2% chance on some sabotage missions on the third cache is a joke

You can still get drops from a Ghoul Purge I believe.

7 minutes ago, maddima said:

Sure. But it only appears every few weeks for 3 or so days.

It's either that, wait for the next nightwave (DE have confirmed they aren't adding more tiers btw) or buy it from the market to be fair, I've been neglecting most of the fashionframe items for another vauban set, kuva, nitain and whatever weapons I hadn't gotten, and I'm sitting at Lvl 40, having only missed a week's worth of tasks I really cba doing (simaris, grove, etc)

I'm not aware of any other places it may drop so you may have to wait if you're F2P, or spend a few plat on the market.

Please buff Yareli's abilities again, she looks amazing and has a lot of potential, but she's squishy when it comes to late game/sorties/steel path. Her abilities themselves can be a foundation, but they need damage output reworks. Her fourth ability should be held (draining energy) to allow you and others to shoot the enemies within before releasing the ability to ragdoll them. Merulina needs companion/K-drive mods (you can mod Venari, why not Merulina?). Her passive needs a grace period. 90% of the maps aren't viable for K-Drive use either. If you jump to get over an obstacle, you're stuck in the ceiling. If you get stuck in a corner you pretty much have to jump off and recast.

I really hope the devs don't just throw this one hotfix with a barely buffed damage output to her and call it a day. Please listen to the community and do something about how weak she is. Especially since she's a decent looking Warframe, and they want people to buy/make cosmetics for her, but that's not going to be a viable income if nobody uses her because her abilities are weak.

Cute + Strong Warframe = More Cosmetics = More money = Community happy and Devs happy

From a business standpoint, it would make sense to continue buffing her until the community is happy with the result. She doesn't need be Saryn-level crazy, but she should be a viable frame with potential for late-game.

13 hours ago, Halo said:

Thank you for the update!

Two Things that have been neglected and/or not spoken of and NEED FIXING:

1. Spawning into dojo's still forcing players into the railjack as opposed to the "spawn room". 

2. Still no fix to using Stance Forma AND Umbral Forma on the Dark Split-Sword. 

dojo is even worse now since you cant even see player icons on radar/minimap so you cant tell if they have spawned in railjack and then fast traveled to a lab or of they are slow loading or what.  I dont understand programming and gaming codes but it cant be that hard to stop this railjack spawning, its my understanding that this has been an issue for years.

Lately a lot of the time I Parazon my Sister of Parvos It will instantly tell me the results of my first two parazon mods but I still have to stab her a second time to get the credit for the second one.  I JUST finished a mission where the first time my Sister showed up it told me the first two were successful, I stabbed her again and it told me the third one was a failure, she went into the animation for dying but I was able to stab her again.  I just figured out the first mod in the mission and it was the first time I encountered my Sister but when the mission was done I was halfway to figuring out the third mod and my Sister had instantly gone to rank 3.

Just adding my name to the list of people that qualify and still don't have an OULL. Will open a support ticket in a day or so if no announcement acknowledging people not getting them has been made.  

As of this morning 7/09/21 10AM EST OULL is now in inventory, probably worth checking anybody else out there to see if you have one now. Although it could have dropped from last night's lich I wasn't paying attention but I have one so whatever I guess.

There seems to be a problem with the hound's precept mod called "diversified denial". On description, it says that the hound will split itself up into three mini spectres that each deals 85% of the Hound's damage. My hound was modded with corrosive dmg with its weapon and is able to proc it 50% of the time, but when splitting itself up, the three clones cannot proc the elemental and seems to only deal slash damage which occurred twice in the 40 second duration. In addition, the single form was able to deal 10% of my tested heavy gunner's health but the clones together struggle to deal 1% of its health.

Either, the 85% damage of the original means that it only scales based on the pet's weapon unmodded stat which is described very poorly in the mod description or there is a bug that is affecting the mod performance. I hope it is the latter because it will make this precept very pointless for the hounds.

Hopefully this can be addressed in the next patch list.

Archived