Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The new lich's damage reduction is insane

Just tried Nyx's 2, can confirm it's absolutely disgusting how good it is. It makes them about as durable as a wet cardboard box. I can't believe I'm gonna have to start using this frame, of all things. But it's just so EASY.

1.  Devs updated the adaptive damage nature of Liches and Sisters to prevent insta-smushing a mini-boss.
  2. Check your Sister's damage resistances and immunities. They typically take less or no damage from the type associated with their progenitor (ie an Ember-made Sister will likely resist or ignore Heat damage). This may cut your damage if you're relying on a type that would otherwise be effective.
  3. Your screenshots show Radiation procs on the Sister, so I assume you're stacking Rad damage on your weapon. Note that Shields resist Radiation damage so Rad might not be the best idea against Corpus. Although this may be less powerful elsewhere in the game, for this situation I would swap to Magnetic damage and status. Magnetic damage is +75% more effective against Shields, and its Status both multiplies damage on Shields and stops them naturally recharging. I've been using Magnetic to shred through Hound and Sister alike.

9 hours ago, (PSN)Wildman537 said:

screenshots I took just a couple min ago on ps4, shown just 6 seconds before attacking the sister is a single stropha shot killing a level 90 shield osprey with 2,053,825 damage,

8 hours ago, (XBOX)ZDragonLord X said:

You gotta check her resistances. Mine had like 3, one was puncture. My opticor hitting millions did like 200. Just spec another weapon.

If you got the new sentinel from the last update, that cold beam DESTROYS when upgraded. I mean eats through 90s. Could try that too.

I have often wondered if I am playing a different version of the game, not hitting for millions or even 100's of thousands.
Seems to me that it is you consolers who have a different, superpowered, version.

Not only hitting for millions (come on, what is that bs? Console superduper easymode?), but also have sentinels that 'eats 90s'. W T F?
Meanwhile in pc land, sentinels get zapped by the first L45 corpus you meet, in fact often much lower, and they would take a minute or more to kill anything 90 - if for arguments sake we imagine that they would actually live long enough.

ps: added bold to highlight.

8 hours ago, (PSN)Wildman537 said:

i built a banshee at a high pwr str to test, and yep, banshee took the damage per hit from 300 all the way up to 20-30k easily on a lvl 1 lich, 1 shoting its shield and its health bars. I'm going to use her to hunt liches from now on now. Ty for the tip!

Nice one, and no problem 😎

2 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:
  1.  Devs updated the adaptive damage nature of Liches and Sisters to prevent insta-smushing a mini-boss.
  2. Check your Sister's damage resistances and immunities. They typically take less or no damage from the type associated with their progenitor (ie an Ember-made Sister will likely resist or ignore Heat damage). This may cut your damage if you're relying on a type that would otherwise be effective.
  3. Your screenshots show Radiation procs on the Sister, so I assume you're stacking Rad damage on your weapon. Note that Shields resist Radiation damage so Rad might not be the best idea against Corpus. Although this may be less powerful elsewhere in the game, for this situation I would swap to Magnetic damage and status. Magnetic damage is +75% more effective against Shields, and its Status both multiplies damage on Shields and stops them naturally recharging. I've been using Magnetic to shred through Hound and Sister alike.

1. Yes, I understand there is adaptive damage now, but its also useless seeing as banshee and a few other frames can bypass said resistance entirely and reliably 1 shot a lvl 5 sister. I just wish it was implemented in a way that didn't completley ruin any slow firing weapons, like the majority of the ones I like to use.

2. My lich was weak to toxin, which my stropha was dealing, Its built with statuses to fight her

3. The radiation is coming from the 301% smite infusion buff on my build. I use this not only because it makes mirages high damage output more concistant with any light level, but also that it applies to the clones she spawns as well. Basicly extra damage over top for free since I'm unable to subsume roar or xatas wisper onto her. The strophs is modded for a pure heavy attack build with primed fever strike equipped.

3小时前 , Lordmotav 说:

Just tried Nyx's 2, can confirm it's absolutely disgusting how good it is. It makes them about as durable as a wet cardboard box. I can't believe I'm gonna have to start using this frame, of all things. But it's just so EASY.

Nyx main here. Nyx was always good. I don't know how many time I have to repeatedly saying this, but people who claimed that Nyx is bottom tier do not know what they were talking about. 

Her 2 is the cheapest armor stripping ability in this game. At merely 130 strength (= 1x intensify) she can 100% strip armor or shield, at virtually non-existent energy cost and no setup whatsoever. Her 3 is a wide area soft CC which allows her to cheese any mobile defense or interception mission. Her 4 makes her instantly invulnerable to anything while (with augment mod) allowing you to caste 2 and wreak havoc. The only problem is her 1, but now you have helminth.

I replace her 1 with ensnare. When things get messy, press 4, followed by 3 for area lockdown. Press 1 for hard CC mini boss or your target if needed. Press 2 strip their armor.  Left click and shred them with your MK-1 braton.

1 hour ago, Morteno said:

I have often wondered if I am playing a different version of the game, not hitting for millions or even 100's of thousands.
Seems to me that it is you consolers who have a different, superpowered, version.

Not only hitting for millions (come on, what is that bs? Console superduper easymode?), but also have sentinels that 'eats 90s'. W T F?
Meanwhile in pc land, sentinels get zapped by the first L45 corpus you meet, in fact often much lower, and they would take a minute or more to kill anything 90 - if for arguments sake we imagine that they would actually live long enough.

ps: added bold to highlight.

The only reason I'm hitting so high is because of a maxed out meta stropha heavy attack build combined with a 300% pwr strength mirage using eclipse, hall of mirrors, and smite infusion (smite infusion gives a buff that makes her damage more consistent, it negates eclipses wonky light level loss of damage effects and actually applies to her clones once spawned) You can replicate the same damage output with my build if you would like me to share it, you don't get builds like this by following YouTube, but rather figuring the numbers for yourself. I've run 4 hour long steel path runs concistantly 2-3 shotting most enemy's with my kuva ogris, and almost never taking more than 1-2 shots (once primed) to down anything with the stropha, including acolytes.

10 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

It was mentioned in the patch notes: Liches and ParvoSisters have new adaptive damage reduction (not the same as Sentient adaptation, it's more like Hush from Binding of Isaac). This was to prevent you from one-shotting them with, well, this:

Though one could reason that Corpus, specifically Alad V, were experimenting with the Amalgams, and thus Sentient Resistance, or something similar, could be on the table.  I mean, even we have Adaptation.  

Just pointing out to add the the conversation. 

10 hours ago, (PSN)Wildman537 said:

I run a primed mod setup as well, just insane seeing this much damage get shrugged off. The adaptive damage is waaaay overbearing

I mean, 90%+ is literally what we have vs ALL enemies because of Adaptation mod and other mods/buffs, lol.  We're just getting a taste of our own medicine >:D    Finally, a worthy opponent! >8D  lol

6 minutes ago, RichardKam said:

Nyx main here. Nyx was always good. I don't know how many time I have to repeatedly saying this, but people who claimed that Nyx is bottom tier do not know what they were talking about. 

Her 2 is the cheapest armor stripping ability in this game. At merely 130 strength (= 1x intensify) she can 100% strip armor or shield, at virtually non-existent energy cost and no setup whatsoever. Her 3 is a wide area soft CC which allows her to cheese any mobile defense or interception mission. Her 4 makes her instantly invulnerable to anything while (with augment mod) allowing you to caste 2 and wreak havoc. The only problem is her 1, but now you have helminth.

I replace her 1 with ensnare. When things get messy, press 4, followed by 3 for area lockdown. Press 1 for hard CC mini boss or your target if needed. Press 2 strip their armor.  Left click and shred them with your MK-1 braton.

I may give that idea a shot as well just to see how it works, also banshee feels purpose made for fighting these liches, 100% armor strip for the same cost as nyx's, 11x DMG multiplier which stacks on itself causing snipers like the rubico prime to reliably 1 shot sisters. Its crazy

Just now, (PSN)JustJoshinEnt said:

I mean, 90%+ is literally what we have vs ALL enemies because of Adaptation mod and other mods/buffs, lol.  We're just getting a taste of our own medicine >:D    Finally, a worthy opponent! >8D  lol

I mean your right, LOL, but like. I don't like to be hit with what I dish out D: lol

4 hours ago, TylerFreeman said:

that's fine, meanwhile my 100% crit vaykor hek just deletes them easy.

I'm used to deleting their health bars in less than half a second, jumping all the way up to 15-30 seconds per health bar now at any level was just jarring, I ended up using a Morgah to finish off the lich, went fairly quickly all things considered, but it felt like it took 6 years, I just hate how it feels like my character I've spent years perfecting to where it can easily take on multi hour steel path runs is now just hitting like a wet noodle or a limp spit wad. ya know? Decided to use banshee after another recommended her to me, she's able to nearly bypass this whole system, reliably 1 shotting the lich with snipers like my mirage had done for the last year or more before this update.

Honestly speaking? I like it. Their supposed to be tough. My only issue is they can bypass shield-gating (or at least the plasmor's can), so it's less of a give-and-take between two powerful opponents, with you making use of cover and terrain and more just hiding to avoid instant death.

2 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Honestly speaking? I like it. Their supposed to be tough. My only issue is they can bypass shield-gating (or at least the plasmor's can), so it's less of a give-and-take between two powerful opponents, with you making use of cover and terrain and more just hiding to avoid instant death.

I like the tougher fight with the more climatic experience, its just jarring for it to use such a simple damage calculation while there are tons of different build styles in play, it went from being accessible for almost every warframe to now only a select couple will work well in it at all. Only the ones that have ways to handle the liches high armor and resistances, whether through attrition, or armor reduction means. Mirage being a glass cannon of a warframe is now quite a poor choice for this as you get steamrolled easily by the lich firing back and going through your shield gate. Just instantly killing you

3 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Have you considered that your Sister has a toxin damage bonus, and that toxin damage bypasses shields.

9 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Have you considered that your Sister has a toxin damage bonus, and that toxin damage bypasses shields.

I'm an intelligent human being :D

(edit: that is to say, no, I'm an idiot. Just to be clear)

16 hours ago, (XBOX)ZDragonLord X said:

I use a very old (used to be god class secondary) friend for everything sister related. It absolutely trashes shields.

You gotta check her resistances. Mine had like 3, one was puncture. My opticor hitting millions did like 200. Just spec another weapon.

If you got the new sentinel from the last update, that cold beam DESTROYS when upgraded. I mean eats through 90s. Could try that too.

Nope. KP heavy kills level 200 SP armor eximus in one hit+ one proc, or two hits.

Shield augment Sister with "no" armor and "vulnerability" to toxin takes literally five minutes of continual damage from the same weapon to die.

#*!%ing ridiculous and not engaging in the slightest.

Typical DE carpal tunnel simulator content.

4 hours ago, Loza03 said:

with you making use of cover and terrain and more just hiding to avoid instant death.

Not even kind of a thing. All sisters can move to your location via five abilities or innate teleport and unless you're mr5 they're aren't the kind of threat you're implying.

5 hours ago, RichardKam said:

This pretty much, but I replaced her 1 with dispensary. Then I run equilibrium with a synth fiber pet and effectively never run out of energy in the hamster ball. Also unlimited ammo that helps certain weapons out.

Archived