Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Bug] - Constant knockdowns while fighting Eidolons

bergamot1

Where: Plains of Eidolon
When: Night time during a fight with any of the Hydrolyst, Teralyst, or Gantulyst
What: Constant unavoidable knockdowns that occur every couple of seconds, I didn't time them but something like every 2 seconds you get unavoidably knocked down. It interrupts weapon reloads, it interrupts movement, it is completely unavoidable except it seems like in operator mode when going invisible you don't get knocked down. Aside from that, at all other times, even in midair, you get knocked down constantly. 

I am not referring to an Eidolon ability that knocks you down. I am referring to a persistent bug wherein the game thinks you are constantly receiving a knockdown status and thus constantly prevents you from doing anything every 2 seconds, forever, until you leave the Plains.

How to reproduce this bug: Fight any of the Eidolons

None of the tags are appropriate for this bug. It is a gameplay bug, which for some reason is not one of the tags.

There was a post on the Warframe subreddit on this very subject and Rebecca replied to it stating that they're aware of a bug from one of the Eidolon moves causing knockdown when it shouldn't be. Hopefully that means this is getting looked into and fixed promptly. I've put my Warframe play on hold for now because of it. I have been focusing on Eidolons to round out my arcane collection prior to the update and want to continue on that - without being knocked down every 2 seconds.

38 minutes ago, Vlaun said:

Hopefully that means this is getting looked into and fixed promptly

Unfortunately, unless they explicitly said it is getting fixed it probably won't be, especially when it comes to Eidolon hunts. This bug is having the same effect on the Eidolon community as the time DE accidentally broke abilities being able to register headshots (dashing at the head to proc shadow no longer worked). Hunts are effectively unplayable because of this, all of the fun is completely sucked out of it. I really want this to be fixed but as of late DE is too focused about the new player experience that the old player experience and old players are going away. Maybe if we make enough noise it'll get fixed though.

Hello. I would like to comment  on to what Speenah said about the virtuous shadow bug that happened a couple of years ago where void dashing doesn’t proc shadow anymore. No  dedicated hunters played until D.E.  fixed the bug which took 2 weeks and the same thing is gonna happen if D.E. does not do something about this bug. I don’t think D.E. or any game developer would want players to leave their game. I honestly don’t get why every major update in the game affects the plains of eidolon. I really hope D.E. does something about this obnoxious bug.

This bug has caused all but a few dedicated eidolon hunters to quit hunting.
I don't do eidolon hunts much anymore but most of my friends hunt, and within a day they've either stopped playing warframe or don't hunt solely due to this bug.

4 hours ago, bergamot1 said:

When: Night time during a fight with any of the Hydrolyst, Teralyst, or Gantulyst
What: Constant unavoidable knockdowns that occur every couple of seconds, I didn't time them but something like every 2 seconds you get unavoidably knocked down. It interrupts weapon reloads, it interrupts movement, it is completely unavoidable except it seems like in operator mode when going invisible you don't get knocked down. Aside from that, at all other times, even in midair, you get knocked down constantly. 

I am not referring to an Eidolon ability that knocks you down. I am referring to a persistent bug wherein the game thinks you are constantly receiving a knockdown status and thus constantly prevents you from doing anything every 2 seconds, forever, until you leave the Plains.

None of the tags are appropriate for this bug. It is a gameplay bug, which for some reason is not one of the tags.

DE please fix this! 

5 hours ago, bergamot1 said:

my question is what did they do to break eidolons? they only added an armor set in cetus right?

it would be interesting if frames with primed sure footed get knocked down🤔

and im a quit new player to want to learn more about eidolon fights but the perma knockdown makes no fun :/

before the bug it was hard enough i think

please fix that bug 

Eidolons are the main reason I still play the game, and this bug takes all the fun out of it.  Also, this is especially hard on more casual players.  While this makes it super obnoxious to do Eidolons, we do have our ways of nevertheless doing 6x3's.  For those that don't yet have Primed Sure Footed or who are not always in void mode except for the fraction of a second in which we one shot the shields with our amp, they will find Eidolons far more frustrating still than we do.

You're always extremely slow to fix things that affect our community, or even to become aware of it at all, if ever either of those things even happen at all, but we're asking anyway: please fix.

17 hours ago, uumm said:

This bug has caused all but a few dedicated eidolon hunters to quit hunting.
I don't do eidolon hunts much anymore but most of my friends hunt, and within a day they've either stopped playing warframe or don't hunt solely due to this bug.

That is pretty much my situation, unfortunately. I've put Warframe playing on hold for now after the update until something is done to change the knockdown situation. I was just getting into the swing of Eidolon hunting once again and was my main focus recently. Then this update happens killing my interest in the game at the moment. Honestly I'm kinda thankful that I now have a reason to quit playing the game for now and focus on my other hobbies that I've neglected.

So in truth it's all good. I'll just wait it out.

Just did my first hunt after the Yareli update and I noticed immediately that I was 80% of the fight on the floor.

Could barely do anything, because of the constant knockbacks, this has to be a bug, in no way this is a feature, it isn't nerfing anything and if we're talking about new player experience, well this would be horrible XD.

I hope they'll fix this soon, but myself, I won't do any eidolons until the fix, it's literally pointless, frustrating and all the hard work in my build feels wasted.

When I try to complete the eidolon hunt i cannot because i fall down all the time. Im trying to learn with my friends but sadly i cannot due to this change. If the change(knockdowns) is not changed i will be quite sad and will have to quit hunting eidolons with my friends. Other new eidolon hunters are getting very disheartened along with me.

:( please fix it soon.

Ty

I'm sure they are being thorough, with the next Hotfixs's.

However LAZY it might be to COMPILE all these hotfix's into one, and not just release them 1 by 1, doesn't matter. Because it's D.E. 
It will get done though rest assured.

I once had to wait 4 weeks, for them to retrieve my account which is practicaly; several mouse clicks & finished. They are lazy and spending all our money, everyday... That is their lives, but; they do have to work for it SOMETIMES and this will come soon 🙏

Archived